General Endurance Race Help

• Thread starter Impreza P1
  • 96 comments
I apologise to the mods if something like this has already been posted. However I have looked through the forums with the search facility and have not found a thread that answers what I'm about to ask.

Basically, can anyone suggest a car and set-up that could guarantee a win in B-Spec mode in the International A License Endurance races? I would do it myself if it weren't for the fact that I am a university student with other things to deal with. I find the main obstacle seems to be a Nissan R92CP which seems to be driving with permanent nitro boosts, which I find incredibly unfair. So any suggestions?

ok then, ummmm let's seee, I used the ummm, BMW McClaren F1 to beat the El Capitan race, and used the MINOLTA (that u win from the El Capitan) to win the 'Ring 24hr and used it to win all the rest that u can use it with. On the races that require sports tires or such, I used the MINOLTA or R92

Okay firstly, how many points does your B spec driver have? (1,000, 4,000, 8,000 etc?) If he's low in points it might be an idea building him up doing other races... I'd highly recommend using him on the manufacturers own races, as they tend to be 3-5 lap affairs that are easy for your B-spec to win...

Assuming your B-specs up to the job, the best car for the task is the MINOLTA TOYOTA 88C-V RACE CAR. This can be got by doing the El Capitan endurance race... using B spec, should take you about 40 minutes to get one in X3 B spec racing mode. :)

Tuned, it has the highest HP of ANY car in the game (over 1,200!) and will cheerfully rip the doors off any other car in flatline speed.

B specs tend not to like being pushed beyond 4, so try and keeep him down to 3, or even less, depending on which race you're doing... and remember to use one compound softer tyre at the FRONT than the back, so front medium racing, rear hard or front hard racing, rear super hard etc.

And remember, when your B-spec pits in, the race speed will switch back to real time, and you'll have to manually select X3 race speed again! (which is a pain in 24 hr races let me tell you!)

Hope that helps!

I think the B-Spec driver is at around 4000 points the last time I checked. I did try to use the Minolta 88C-V but the B-Spec driver tends to have problems steering it at the Infineon and gets blown away by the R92CP at Fuji. Is this a setup problem or simple power problem? Apart from buying a more powerful turbo, is there anyway I can even the odds?

Thank you for the suggestions so far anyway. May I also ask the following.

• Will A-Specing part of the enduro event help?
  • What should the suspension be set at to extend tyre life?
  • Do the AI cars run stock or fully tuned?
  • Would switching to a more modern LM Prototype help?

Impreza P1
I think the B-Spec driver is at around 4000 points the last time I checked. I did try to use the Minolta 88C-V but the B-Spec driver tends to have problems steering it at the Infineon and gets blown away by the R92CP at Fuji. Is this a setup problem or simple power problem? Apart from buying a more powerful turbo, is there anyway I can even the odds?

Thank you for the suggestions so far anyway. May I also ask the following.

• Will A-Specing part of the enduro event help?
  • What should the suspension be set at to extend tyre life?
  • Do the AI cars run stock or fully tuned?
  • Would switching to a more modern LM Prototype help?

ok let me try....a specing will help if you're a better driver than your b spec mode ( and usually just being smart enough to not run in to the back of someone is better)

i'm not sure about settings to extend tire life because my minolta wears the rear out faster...just use the tire setup from above...soft in front..hard in back.....however for my guy i did find i needed to lower the car.... add more camber..and stiffen up the rest...i can give you my stats when i get home if you like

you shouldn't need to use a lm car ....i've been undefeated in the enduro races with my set up on the minolta

i used the vette c5 to get the minolta and haven't looked back yet..
good luck 👍

The 88C-V is THE car to use, unless you get the F1 from the Nurburgring 24hour and I use Aarque's settings for the 88C-V, do a search and you'll find it, this helps to extend tire.

A-Spec can help at the start by you getting into first place, but once there your B-Spec Bob should be able to hold his own easily, I did the Nurburg 24 hour in the 88C-V all in B-Spec from the back of the grid without the Stage 4 turbo - so around 950 or so BHP - Super Hards at the rear and Hards at the front - pitted every 4 laps I think and won by 12 laps or so, easy as pie and once you have the F1 ..... it whips the R92

One bit of advice if you are attempting an enduro against other Group C cars - maybe enter and exit the race a couple of times til the Sauber C9 is gone - that sucker moves!!!! The R92 will be your worst opponent besides the Sauber as it gets slightly better wear on the tires and has great speed - but still not as good as the 88C-V - at 4000 B-Spec points your driver should not have too many problems - although mine is at about 6500 ...

I would use the Audi R8 racing car for all 3 , 24 hour endurance races. Use super hard tyres, Maxium turbo (1120hp).
For all the shorter Licence A races, (eg. El captain) i would use the formula one car. Just put the b-spec setting on 4 (ie. increased pace) :)

manik
what car should I use on the nurburgrings 24H?

i used the corvette c5r fully modded....and crushed em all....the minolta 88 would probally work as well since it's faster than the vett but i havnt tried it on nurb

...anyone else? 💡

get the cien from whichever special condition race, then you can b-spec el cap. and get the Minolta. Turbo that sucker, run superhards in back and hards in front, and then just monitor for a few laps how he runs, until you can find a god pace without too much problems; usually keep to a 3 on infineon, for instance. i haven't raced a single enduro myself (beating everything bspec now to get $$$$ for the black beauties and other wonders-787B is 3.5 mil), but even when i started with mid 1000 b-spec points i was able to beat all the races without too much hassle; no qualifying, just a dry start and total domination. if you really find that it is still too hard, but only just, during qualifying (wait, can you actually do qualifying? i totally forgot, i&ve never done it for enduro...) try to slow down the fastest car in that race by running him off track or etc. and then during the actual qualifying lap outpace everyone- this way the fastest guy will have to go around everyone, while you can bask in the lead. this works for other series too, though its completely mean-spirited. for non-race car races, use the cien, that will conquer on b-spec.

denki
get the cien from whichever special condition race, then you can b-spec el cap. and get the Minolta. Turbo that sucker, run superhards in back and hards in front, and then just monitor for a few laps how he runs, until you can find a god pace without too much problems; usually keep to a 3 on infineon, for instance. i haven't raced a single enduro myself (beating everything bspec now to get $$$$ for the black beauties and other wonders-787B is 3.5 mil), but even when i started with mid 1000 b-spec points i was able to beat all the races without too much hassle; no qualifying, just a dry start and total domination. if you really find that it is still too hard, but only just, during qualifying (wait, can you actually do qualifying? i totally forgot, i&ve never done it for enduro...) try to slow down the fastest car in that race by running him off track or etc. and then during the actual qualifying lap outpace everyone- this way the fastest guy will have to go around everyone, while you can bask in the lead. this works for other series too, though its completely mean-spirited. for non-race car races, use the cien, that will conquer on b-spec.

oh ya nice 👍
but id put my vette up against your cien any day

When looking at race details, if you see for Tires "No Restrictions," and/or if you see in Cars Permitted "All Cars Permitted," it means that almost anything goes. Especially in the tougher races, you'll need a pure performer to win the race. You're going to have some problems if the race calls for "Production Cars Only." Now my advice from me to you, Impreza P1.

As a veteran of the Gran Turismo series, I've been in races from 2 minutes to 2:45:00. The first bit of advice I can share with you is simple- pay attention to the Regulations before entering a race. If you see ANYTHING red, you can't enter. Before entering the race, look at the Preview to see what kind of cars you'll be up against. Some no-limitation races may feature tuned street cars. If Standard or Sports Tires are the regulation, the race could be a boring one, since you can't go all-out with your speed demon. And then if you're at a bigtime race track, the race could feature Le Mans Prototypes and high-powered GT race cars. Just like the game of Hearts (ever played that card game on the PC or in real life?), you have to follow suit. If you want to be fair, don't race an LMP against American muscle cars (if you don't want to cheat). Here are some suggestions from me.

Thankfully, NONE of the Endurance Races require you to have a production car. If the race calls for Standard or Sports Tires, get a great street car, or I recommend a Tuner Car. My top tuner car is the Amuse S2000 GT1. If you want the best unlockable race cars, win El Capitan and Fuji. You bank 250K from Capitan, and 750K from Fuji. That's 1,000,000 credits you can win from a total distance of 6 to 7 hours total.

So to make a long story short- Standard or Sports Tires? Tuner Car or tuned production car. No Restrictions? Minolta Toyota 88C-V or the Nissan R92CP. Dig?

For the Ring 24hrs, i would use the Ford GT lm racing or the BMW m3 GTR racing. Their easy to handle, and wont lose to the JGTC cars. For the endos at Le mans, id use the Audi R8, good enough to stay in front, but i dont use b-spec much. i like the milota, but i love todays lmps better[r8 and peskys].

as for settings, get as low to the ground as possible, with tons of downforce. maybe play around with the transmission if you can. I

gt4_girl_au
I would use the Audi R8 racing car for all 3 , 24 hour endurance races. Use super hard tyres, Maxium turbo (1120hp).
For all the shorter Licence A races, (eg. El captain) i would use the formula one car. Just put the b-spec setting on 4 (ie. increased pace) :)
good advice i love the r8 you rock...why didn't i mention that.....didn't the r8 rock last year in le mans :)

and jon thats good stuff 👍

You know when you see a friend of yours and wonder where he/she gets his/her clothes from, you ask that person and will probably tell you where he/she shopped.
How does this relate to Gran Turismo 4? Well, sometimes you wonder just how some of the other cars last longer on the track. To test things out, I raced the "1000 Miles!" race at Nurburgring Nordschleife. My ride was the Jaguar XKE (I'm going to re-enter in a tuned Toyota 2000GT in the future when I get enough money for mod it), and one serious consideration I used (since you cannot have Racing Tires for the event), was using Economy Tires. These tires normally have the worst gripping power, but offer some of the best endurance. When I used those Economy Tires, I was able to stay out a bit longer than some of the other cars. I was matched up against C2 Corvettes, a Skyline 320 Sport, and cars like that. So if a race calls for Standard or Sports Tires, and you don't have a powerful-enough car to lead all the way, use the FREE Economy Tires. If you want to use a combination that gives you great grip, go for the other Standard tire types, Economy Tires, and Road Tires. If you purchased a street car and want to compete in Sport or Standard races, your best bet is to use Standard Tires. Pick a tire combination so that you don't have to pit extremely often. The more pit stops you make, the greater chances you have of losing. But then again, if you pit at the right time, you may lose the lead or trail by a large degree. Remember, though. The other cars still have to pit if it is a long race. Early pitting can be a big factor. You may be able to stay out longer and get a great result out of it. So study your options and make the most out of every oppurtunity. And God willing, you'll be a Gran Turismo champ.

By the way, I'm always willing to help if I know what's going on and if I have answers. So I appreciate the compliments.

I hadn't really used B-Spec until I entered the Enduros, so I started with very little points and won easily.

I was keen to get the POLYPHONY Formula, so I won this at Nurgers 24hr with the Toyota GT One (which I bought). It pits less than the others - I think - and won easily (RSH tires).

After that race, I went straight to the Formula GT World and several days later, won the Sauber.

The Sauber will kill everything its allowed to race, IMHO, whilst "racing" in B-Spec mode.

For the Endurance Races I've used the Minolta for the ones that say "No Tire (tyre) restrictions" and the Mercedes CLK GTR for the ones with sports only... (Obviously I had to buy some sports tyres!)

The Merc trashes everything in those races too... the Minolta is merely overkill... the quickest way to do anytimed race is to let B-spec do it and pit the least... so if you do 7 minute laps and pit every 5 then you get 3x for 35 mins each stint... The Minolta pits every 4 laps... but does a lap in about 6 and a half mins... therefore you pit every 26 minutes. If you're watching the game and you 3X everything then this means you have either 11.40 between pit or 8.40 per pit... lets say pitting takes a minute everytime...

CLK
24x60 = 1440 minutes / 35 = 41 -> This means 41 pit stops.
so time per race = 11.40*42 + 41 = 519

24x60 = 1440 / 26 = 55 -> so 55 put stops.
so time per race = 8.40*56 + 55 = 540

This means that you will have 540 minutes of race in the Minolta and 519 minutes of race in the CLK.

Thus meaning that the CLK will actually complete the race quicker on 3x B-spec.

C.

Used my BMW McLaren 1 GTR for the Nurburgring Endurance, and my full tuned Minolta Toyota for La Sarthe I and II. Unfortunately, I had to use the turbo upgrade, otherwise Henkie wouldn't win. Stupid driver... While I easily win if I do it in A-spec. It's a pity that your driver doesn't get your level, so if you're driving laps of 3m09 at La Sarthe I, that your B-spec driver has about the same laptimes. But no, I drive 3m09 in an untuned car, Henkie drives 3m12 or so in a tuned car. :boggled: :banghead:

I'm totally stuck on the Circuit de Sarthe II 24h.

I won the 1st one by about 2 laps using the Minolta but can't win the second 24h race with any car.

I've tried the F1 but it keeps crashing into the sides down the straight.

The Audi R8, Minolta and R92C pit 3 times to the Mazda 787 2 and it tends to get away and win the race.

When I use the Mazda 787 it still pits 3 times to every 2 compared to the comp car.

I'm using Hard Front and Super Hard back and my B-Spec driver is over 8000, I've even gained course points by racing the circuit in the family cup, what am I doing wrong?

I really want that Bentley Speed 8 Race car!

I thank the contributors for their advice.

To clarify a few things and ask a few further questions:

• I have completed some of the Enduros (Grand Valley, Laguna Seca,Tokyo R246, Super Speedway and Suzuka off the top of my head)
  • I previously used the Toyota Minolta 88C-V but the B-Spec driver seems to be unable to catch the Nissan R92CP or the Sauber Merc for that matter, especially on the Infineon Raceway endurance. The car is stock. I wonder what his problem is?
  • I tried switching to a Mazda 787B, where he has marginally more success. But the same problem happens, as in the R92CP and Sauber somehow pull away. Some fool proof setup help would be appreciated. Would a body stiffening help as well?
  • And while we are at it. Why does the B-Spec driver have so many problems overtaking? I could overtake more quickly, albeit perhaps not so cleanly but I could do so. The B-Spec driver tends to miss oportunities or worse, crash out in the middle of overtaking.
  • Given the pit strategies is important, would it be better to allow the B-Spec driver to pit in himself or should I call him in for a pitstop at an early interval even on green-yellow tyres.

Again I thank you and apologise if these have already been covered. I thought it might be useful to have a single thread as a one stop resource for endurance advice.

i raced the El Capitan race with a Nissan 350Z Concept LM Race Car ('02) and got the minolta. on the 24 hr Nürburgring i did it like so. I went to race with the Toyota Minolta Toyota 88C-V Race Car ('89) and i raced with lvl 5 and take over (B-Spec). Then i waited until he/she would get a little head of the others and put on lvl 1 but with the take over thing. and offcourse i won. and i put the brakes to front 6 back 6 and i had the turbo on with NOS turned to 70 hp.so this is the way i won it. and it put the street hard/hard on.

Impreza P1
I thank the contributors for their advice.

To clarify a few things and ask a few further questions:

• I have completed some of the Enduros (Grand Valley, Laguna Seca,Tokyo R246, Super Speedway and Suzuka off the top of my head)
  • I previously used the Toyota Minolta 88C-V but the B-Spec driver seems to be unable to catch the Nissan R92CP or the Sauber Merc for that matter, especially on the Infineon Raceway endurance. The car is stock. I wonder what his problem is?
  • I tried switching to a Mazda 787B, where he has marginally more success. But the same problem happens, as in the R92CP and Sauber somehow pull away. Some fool proof setup help would be appreciated. Would a body stiffening help as well?
  • And while we are at it. Why does the B-Spec driver have so many problems overtaking? I could overtake more quickly, albeit perhaps not so cleanly but I could do so. The B-Spec driver tends to miss oportunities or worse, crash out in the middle of overtaking.
  • Given the pit strategies is important, would it be better to allow the B-Spec driver to pit in himself or should I call him in for a pitstop at an early interval even on green-yellow tyres.

Again I thank you and apologise if these have already been covered. I thought it might be useful to have a single thread as a one stop resource for endurance advice.

1) How long are you leaving your B-spec dude to run the race? At the beginning I find that the Sauber does better than me but after a few laps superior pit strategy takes over and I pull away. (Don't bother with body stiffening)
2) B-spec's not as aggressive as you... although I have seen some instances of B-spec dude barging down the inside of people.
3) NO... I tend to let him pit himself... but sometimes he miscalculates fuel and tyres so keep an eye on him and override sometimes.

C.

yeti
1) How long are you leaving your B-spec dude to run the race? At the beginning I find that the Sauber does better than me but after a few laps superior pit strategy takes over and I pull away. (Don't bother with body stiffening)

I once left him run to about half way and by then it was obvious nothing seemed to be working for him.

Impreza P1
I once left him run to about half way and by then it was obvious nothing seemed to be working for him.

What level are you letting him run on?

Do you enable Overtake?

C.

yeti
What level are you letting him run on?

Do you enable Overtake?

C.

Intially 5, then I drop it to 3. Overtaking is left on as the last time I turned it off he (Rather stupidly) kept bumping into a slower car that anyone else would've lapped without thinking.

yeti
AhA... Just noticed... Try sticking Turbo on...

C>

Yeah, I noticed this is the consensus. I find it a slight shame that I can't simply enter the car in stock form.

I'll give that a go. I suppose I'll need to adjust settings to compensate for the B-Spec driver's stupidity?

Impreza P1
Yeah, I noticed this is the consensus. I find it a slight shame that I can't simply enter the car in stock form.

I'll give that a go. I suppose I'll need to adjust settings to compensate for the B-Spec driver's stupidity?

Lengthen the gears and you should be fine...

I always adjust the suspension camber angles a bit but this probably decreases tyre life so probs not a great idea?!

C.

So far not so good. The R92CP, R89C and the evil Sauber C9 seem to be making mince meat of the Minolta even with a turbo. I suspect that pit stategies won't help now as they are so far ahead they could pit twice and still be in the lead. -_-; Would playing around with ASM and TCS help I wonder?

EDIT: After some hair tearing, I've resorted to using some suggestions in this thread and so far it is in third and keeping up. Maybe I might be lucky this time?

EDIT 2: OK, now we are cooking. I've entered the Infineon race with no sign of the damned R92CP. The Sauber is still there but it is of little if any consequence now. I've noticed it pits in every 12 laps, so I've played this to my advantage by making the B-Spec driver pit in on the same lap as his him. Seems to be doing well.

Latest Posts

Back