General Endurance Race Help

• Thread starter Impreza P1
  • 96 comments
Impreza P1
So far not so good. The R92CP, R89C and the evil Sauber C9 seem to be making mince meat of the Minolta even with a turbo. I suspect that pit stategies won't help now as they are so far ahead they could pit twice and still be in the lead. -_-; Would playing around with ASM and TCS help I wonder?

EDIT: After some hair tearing, I've resorted to using some suggestions in this thread and so far it is in third and keeping up. Maybe I might be lucky this time?

EDIT 2: OK, now we are cooking. I've entered the Infineon race with no sign of the damned R92CP. The Sauber is still there but it is of little if any consequence now. I've noticed it pits in every 12 laps, so I've played this to my advantage by making the B-Spec driver pit in on the same lap as his him. Seems to be doing well.

With the Infineon, try doing some of the race in A-spec, with a Turbo on your car it should be possible. I've heard many stories that your B-spec driver spins of the track often there, but mine didn't... Did it with the Bentley I think, without Turbo's.:P But did most of it on A-spec. And for La Sarthe II, your car will crash into the walls at the straight, and with the 787B and Sauber Mercedes against you, you won't stand a chance. At least, that was for me. Just wait till they're not in the race and you'll win the race by 4 laps, like me in my Minolta Toyota. The other Minolta finished 2nd.:)

Impreza P1
EDIT 2: OK, now we are cooking. I've entered the Infineon race with no sign of the damned R92CP. The Sauber is still there but it is of little if any consequence now. I've noticed it pits in every 12 laps, so I've played this to my advantage by making the B-Spec driver pit in on the same lap as his him. Seems to be doing well.

You should make your car come in after the Sauber... that way you hopefully have less pit stops overall than him and therefore extend out your lead...

I've never known someone have so much trouble with the Minolta and B-spec though!! Weird!!

On the ASM/TCS Issue... I always turn it off... but I don't know whether or not it actually affects the B-spec driver... If you're still loosing heavily then my suspicions would be that it does... I always remove all ASM... depending on which car it is I leave some TCS. (This would be an area which would be interesting for someone to investigate)

C.

yeti
You should make your car come in after the Sauber... that way you hopefully have less pit stops overall than him and therefore extend out your lead...

I've never known someone have so much trouble with the Minolta and B-spec though!! Weird!!

On the ASM/TCS Issue... I always turn it off... but I don't know whether or not it actually affects the B-spec driver... If you're still loosing heavily then my suspicions would be that it does... I always remove all ASM... depending on which car it is I leave some TCS. (This would be an area which would be interesting for someone to investigate)

C.

Probably just very unlucky. Anyway, it is over now thankfully. The Sauber was left in the dust. I wonder where can I win that car? Or should I use the shiny new R92CP I won from Fuji (Entered that with no sign of the AI R92 or the C 9 but an Audi R8 did pose a small threat in the initial stages) in the two 24 Hour races?

Impreza P1
Probably just very unlucky. Anyway, it is over now thankfully. The Sauber was left in the dust. I wonder where can I win that car? Or should I use the shiny new R92CP I won from Fuji (Entered that with no sign of the AI R92 or the C 9 but an Audi R8 did pose a small threat in the initial stages) in the two 24 Hour races?

I believe the C9 is won by completing the F1 Championship... which you'll need to do the 24 at Nur for first.

The Minolta should be quicker than R92...

C.

For the 24H races use the Minolta 88C-V, best car there is.

To get the Sauber Mercedes, you need to have done the Nurburgring 24H Endurance first, then you win the F1 car, and with the F1 car you'll easily win the Formula GT and then you win the Sauber Mercedes.

For the Nurburgring 24H Endurance I've used my BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car.:)
But the Nissan R92CP is good too, but for La Sarthe II, like I said before, wait till you have a field against you without the Sauber Mercedes and 787B. Otherwise you probably won't stand a chance.

YuRiPa
For the 24H races use the Minolta 88C-V, best car there is.

To get the Sauber Mercedes, you need to have done the Nurburgring 24H Endurance first, then you win the F1 car, and with the F1 car you'll easily win the Formula GT and then you win the Sauber Mercedes.

Beat cha!!

C.

Fade to Black
Okay firstly, how many points does your B spec driver have? (1,000, 4,000, 8,000 etc?) If he's low in points it might be an idea building him up doing other races... I'd highly recommend using him on the manufacturers own races, as they tend to be 3-5 lap affairs that are easy for your B-spec to win...

okay, just to make sure I got the right message. Are you saying that the B-spec driver can improve its skills, depending on its experience? I mean, it sure is logic, I just never thought it could be in the game. You really have to build him up before doing endurances, or else he's going to have a hard time, right? (I'm sorry if I'm off topic)

GT4Mania
okay, just to make sure I got the right message. Are you saying that the B-spec driver can improve its skills, depending on its experience? I mean, it sure is logic, I just never thought it could be in the game. You really have to build him up before doing endurances, or else he's going to have a hard time, right? (I'm sorry if I'm off topic)
Yes you have to train him, and it takes alot of time.

yeti
Beat cha!!

C.

Meanie.:P

And about training your B-spec driver... Well, dunno if that's really that necessary, my B-spec driver had only driven the 1000 miles before he won the 8 and 9 hour races and the 24H Endurances. :)

For the La Sarthe 24hr endurances, I'd recommend one of the modern day LMP's over any of the Group C cars. Why? The LMP's get better tire life than any of the Group C cars. Also, if there are any Group C cars at La Sarthe 1, switch to hard tires, not super hard, because if you use super hards, your tires will outlast your fuel and when you come to the pits, your tires will still be yellowish-green. If you use hards, not only will you be faster, but your tires will go at the same pace as your fuel. However, as I said before, only use hards if there are any Group C cars in the field, the exception being the 787B.

Maybe it's just the NTSC version, but I cannot go past x3. When I B-Spec'ed the 24 Hours of Le Mans (with chicanes), I apparentely did the 24 Hours in 10 hours. I turned away from the B-Spec racer and would pay with minor mistakes. See what I mean when I say that even though your B-Spec counterpart that you are still technically in the race? Well, case in point. I started at about 5:25 PM CDT, finished around 3:27 AM CDT, staying with the B-Spec racer. I think I was pitting more frequently when I used the Nissan R92CP before retiring. So I used the 2004 Pescarolo LMP racer. For a weird twist, I used the Stage 4 Turbo rather than the Stage 3. The B-Spec racer raced the car like he/she has been into the game longer than I have. The performance was brilliant.

B-Spec isn't pointless. Don't let people on GTP or elsewhere tell you off. You race Gran Turismo 4 any way you like. If you feel that you can't withstand the challenge in A-Spec, be sure to go B-Spec. It makes you no less of a person, that's why it's there, and even as good as I am, I lose big races. I usually say that if I can't win the race in A-Spec, I'm hoping my B-Spec racer (or as I call, my teammate) can do better than I can. Sometimes it does, sometimes it fails. It even fails in races where there's no reason why it still cannot win. You know, "all that horsepower, all that performance, but can't win the race." Doesn't that upset a GT gamer? It's like telling Peyton Manning "can't win the big one." Perform at your very best and do whatever YOU feel is best to win the race. You don't have to flaunt your 100% or finishing a 50-hour race all in A-Spec. You don't want to be like that, don't have to.

JohnBM01
Maybe it's just the NTSC version, but I cannot go past x3. ..

ther is a discrepency i n this ..i think in the manual its says you can go higher but in reality 3x is the fastest

JohnBM01
I usually say that if I can't win the race in A-Spec, I'm hoping my B-Spec racer (or as I call, my teammate) can do better than I can. Sometimes it does, sometimes it fails. .

wow i find that my b-spec driver can stay more consistent than me but thats the only area he is better than me....id win a race over him any day..however during endurance races he seems to shine because of his consistency...that and he can drive for 24hrs straight unlike me. :scared:

My first endo was the 24 hour Nurb. I didn't have any LM cars at the time. I used my Nissan MOTUL Pitwork Z, and my B-Spec driver smoked the lead by something ridiculous like 18 laps. He had barely any miles under his belt at the time, I think it was under 10 miles.
The next one I did was El Capitan, which I B-Spec'd w/ my Pagani Zonda that I won from some Mission Hall races.
The MINOLTA Toyota you get from there is quite bad-***

torque998
For the La Sarthe 24hr endurances, I'd recommend one of the modern day LMP's over any of the Group C cars. Why? The LMP's get better tire life than any of the Group C cars. Also, if there are any Group C cars at La Sarthe 1, switch to hard tires, not super hard, because if you use super hards, your tires will outlast your fuel and when you come to the pits, your tires will still be yellowish-green. If you use hards, not only will you be faster, but your tires will go at the same pace as your fuel. However, as I said before, only use hards if there are any Group C cars in the field, the exception being the 787B.

Dear God, Thanks for telling me now. I started one last night and I had the worst luck - having the game freeze on me at 23 hours and 31 minutes into the race... I was using the Minolta C88-V and I was pitting every 7 laps. What a pain, I ran out of fuel on the beginning of the mulsanne not knowing I cancelled the pit.. so I ran the lap going 50, pitted. The Nissan R89C passed me. Then he increased his gap to about a 1 minute and 46 seconds, then when he came in, I took over an remade the time for about 3 stops in a row. A good hour of racing. Somewhere around there. It was from Hour 20 to Hour 21 I raced. And I gained back and took him to about a 2 minute gap for me. S I lead, but my PS2 had freeze on me. That pisses me off.

You can race them on the course, but here's a big suggestion. DO NOT use GTPs and LMPs here. Why? Race the Nordschleife race in GT All-Stars, and you'll see why when you lose control. You'll need something that costs no greater than 550K credits. The car I used in the 4 Hour Nurburgring endurance was the 2000 Ford Falcon XR8 V8 Supercar. The car sounds pretty wicked, and performs even more wicked. It is about the most powerful car that's also the most agile. I was going to use the Falken Skyline for the 24 Hours at the Nurburgring, but I sold it since I wasn't really racing with it, and needed some paper... I mean, credits. The Ford Falcon XR8 V8 Supercar handled the corners very well and accelerated nicely through the straights. While the Falken Skyline is still a nice car and is pretty popular among the Nurburgring Nordschleife faithful, a V8 Supercar at this track is just as good as a DTM race car.

Fully upgraded Minolta Toyota (with 1251 BHP or so).

Then with la Sarthe II, wait till you don't have the Sauber Mercedes and 787B against you, if they're out, you'll win by 4 laps.:)

La Sarthe I shouldn't be a prob with a upgraded Minolta Toyota, that one should win by 6 laps or so.:)

Edit: Use Superhard tyres on the back, and Hard tyres on the front.;)

Have something to WIN endurances. There shouldn't be any series which require you to use Production Cars. So as long as it isn't a glorified One-Make race series (for example, all Miata endurance), then you can bend the rules a bit if you have money. If Stanard/Sports tires are required, then go for it with a tuner car. Then have that bad boy win the race for you if you dare try. If there are no restrictions, then you can go all out. All I say is that you make sure you find a car very suitable for winning. That's why when I do the Nurburgring 24, I'm not going to use a Nissan R92CP. It's too powerful, too fast, and too easy to screw up with on a course as twisty, long, and narrow as the Nurburgring Nordschleife. Maybe look for a GT300 car, buy the Falken Skyline, unlock the BMW M3 GTR, take a tuned car which makes 400 or so HP, just find something suitable and great-handling for that track. Just try to stay with the series and look for slight loopholes if you dare try. I'm looking to complete Tokyo and New York before next Monday. I think I did the Tokyo race with a Honda NSX LM Race Car, had no luck, sold that crap for 312K something, looked for better machinery.

So don't expect seeing me with something completely unfair and too easy to mess up with on a track that won't tolerate it. Just trying to help...

I've started B-spec'ing the Enduros this week. I had very low B-spec pts from one series (but 10,000 + A-Specs - does that matter ? ) and B-Spec'ing has been easy.

Did all the sports tyres races with the Cien (except the Roadster which I haven't attempted yet, need another car obviously) with no real problems. Then switched to the Minolta, added Turbo4 and used super hards on the back, and either hard or medium (depending upon track) on the fronts. Currently 1 lap ahead on the 'Ring 24hrs at half way.

I haven't changed any settings, I start with 5 + overtake until 10secs in front then used mainly 4 with the Cien and 3 with the Minolta but found it important to keep the overtake on with the Minolta.

I will then have Roadster 4hr, Suzuka 1000km, Sarthe I 24 Hours, Sarthe II 24 Hours , Fuji 1000km & Infineon World Sport Car Trophy to do.

Shame going with half tank doesn't appear to have any effect on tyre wear or speed.

regards

Steven

StevenDunn99
Shame going with half tank doesn't appear to have any effect on tyre wear or speed.

Actually this does have an affect I found... the slightly lighter car usually means that the tyres last longer than usual... if done correctly can sometimes mean an extra lap... obviously not gonna happen on the 'Ring though but can be useful on the shorter races!!

C.

If you can't beat them (I only do A-Spec) with the Minolta, then your car setup is probably faulty and/or you need more practice. You should be able to stretch them out for at least 10-20 seconds per lap with that car if you take the correct racing lines. I'm 7+ hours into Sarthe I and I think I'm almost 7 laps ahead of the Nissan and who knows how many ahead of the 787B. Basically, I raised my suspension pretty high for stability, cut down on the downforce for higher top end speed and tire wear and I do just fine with super hards in the rear and mediums on the front. I get exactly 6 laps with rear tires getting close to red and about 6 gallons left in the tank.

Every car has distinct cornering characteristics and the Minolta and Sauber both have very different cornering quirks, but once you learn them you will be quick.

One thing I found that was when I was learning the quirks of a car, turn the sound off and concentrate on just watching the car's behavior. I found this to be a huge help for me.

jdmbrianeg
with what car can u beat circuits de la sarthe I & II ? :( plase help im stuck i cant win with my minolta on hard tires

manik
what car should I use on the nurburgrings 24H?

I started this last night with the Camaro LM stock and when I got up this morning he had two laps on the closes two cars and multiple of the remainder of the field. The top AI car in the lineup was the ABT Audi Touring car, down to a Spoon S2000 Race car.

Edit:
Make note of one thing for those who use the Camaro LM, the first 5 or 6 laps looks like he may not be able to pull it off. He pits every 2 laps while the Audi gets 6 laps out of a set of tires. But the Camaro makes such good times with the stock mediums he is able to offset the additional pits. My guy is also at skill level 7900 with 89/77/77, so he is farely good.

jdmbrianeg
with what car can u beat circuits de la sarthe I & II ? :( plase help im stuck i cant win with my minolta on hard tires

I run Mediums on the front and hards on the rear and he typically outlast the remainder of the field. He can still handle the car well with the mediums on the front and gets and extra lap or two out of the hards on the rear. I usually use the least of the available turbos to give him an extra boost.

im doing the 24 hour ring with the Mercades CLK Touring Car :scared:

it pits every 5 laps and after 7 hours its 3/4 of a lap ahead :scared: mainly because it misses the pit EVERY 20 laps and does a whole lap at 50mph 👎:grumpy: meh, i might win if i stay up overnight and manually pit every 4 laps :crazy:

Sometimes, I wonder what secrets are made for cars to use fuel effectively and conserve tires. If I was really dumb, I'd put Economy Tires on an Audi R8 and sacrifice wonderful handling. Sometimes when I had a Hard/Super-Hard setup, it seems like I pitted more than most of the others, usually pitting more often. I wonder if camber, NA/Turbo settings have something to do with frequent pitting.

Much worse, I remember using Hard/Super Hard at the Tokyo R246 endurance. Before I ended up retiring (car used: Honda NSX LM Race Car), these bastards didn't pit until about maybe Lap 22 or 25. That's right. From Lap 1 to about Lap 25, some of the others started pitting. I'm like, what the hell? That's okay. I got something for these jive turkeys when I return to downtown Tokyo for the endurance. NOBODY keeps your boy John to the ground and away from glory. NO ONE!!! I'll show them something when I get back to that endurance race. And oh yeah, I'm not bringing that NSX ever again to this race, at 55 A-Spec starting out.

Now nearly finished. Currently leading Sarthe II with 6 hours to go. Then only Sarthe I. I have used only stock settings. At Sarthe II I found SH rears and H fronts best, because the medium fronts go off a little too much, though had I raised the suspension for the bumps then medium would have been fine. My Minolta is sometimes spinning/hiiting the wall down Mulsanne but I am 3 laps up (would have been 4-5 up if I had set it up right).

Steven

It is clear that B-spec/Endurance is new to PD (well it looks that way). Gamers like myself who have played Endurance games wish that the 'king of sims' would deliver a lot more. PD need to make improvements like this, for GT5 in 200x;

- improve pits/crew, more people & background noise/atomsphere in pit lane etc
- have the ability to change settings in the pits especially downforce and ride height
- option to buy your parts, esp tyres before the race starts or mandate a full set to counter any weather conditions
- changing weather; sun, fair/overcast, showers, rain, heavy rain
- weather forecasts
- 3x and 6x real time clock speed. By this I mean a race over eg 4 hours instead of 24 hours ie the race clock goes 6x faster, not you/car
- night and day (which when factored into the above is really cool especially with sunsets and sunrises !). This alone makes the races much more interesting, night driving, dawn and sunset present their own driving challenges.

Most of this was in the Le Mans game, so there is no reason why the GT series should not have this. Let's hope someone at PD thinks about this next time.

I am not knocking GT4 so much as seeing a missed opportunity, or is this all too much to expect from a PS2/PS3 game ?

Steven

Back