Genesis X Gran Berlinetta Vision Gran Turismo Concept

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 183 comments
genesis looks like "tesla" Road car or "porsche vgt"..nothing special..thing even doesn't have rear wing...
1700917837090.png

something..un-named like peugeot 9x8 has
The 9X8 didn't have anything - the aero was all underfloor and upper surface, so that the car acted as a wing:

1700925586317.png

1700925600252.png

It will, however, feature a rear wing in 2024.

The Genesis has a rear wing. It's an aero device on the rear with airflow beneath and above it to generate downforce effects. That's a wing.

I was personally hoping for a more lmp1 type of car with Genisis styling instead of a road/hyper car type, but that‘s okay :) From what I remember reading a long time ago, it will be or there will be a gr.1 version, but I could be misremembering. So at least that makes the car more usable.

I get some people's frustrations with the VGT program but since it was introduced I always thought it was cool and have been excited when there's a new project or when you see the ideas get crossed over into other areas (had a mini cheer when I saw the Mercedes VGT was Batfleck's car!)
I would also like both more normal cars and more importantly more races to use all cars in but Polyphony will always drip feed stuff and I think sometimes its okay to just take a step back and wait for the things that excite you.
My biggest frustration with the game is that the fundamentals are so good like the handling and the level of detail that it's a shame when they seem like they're not making the most of what is at its core a brilliant culmination of the Gran Turismo series.

Not sure if I simply don’t get the joke, but iPhones with a terabyte of storage have been around for over two years.
I actually didn't know that. I stopped paying attention to that scumbag company after the thousand dollar monitor stand that only existed to void warranties and the whole fiasco with the Right to Repair movement and their half-assed and insulting way of complying with it.

My personal excitement for a new fantasy VGT equals that of seeing a dog 💩-ing. But hey, I’m happy for the people interested in these things.

I really like Hyundai's design language since the N74 concept. I hope the VGT builds on that rather than doing something completely new.

It looks really nice but does anyone else think it's a bit weird to have a timed reward and hype builder for a car that won't even be in the game for at least 4 weeks, presumably 7 weeks if they release it at the end of the month like usual?

Like, it's cool. But I don't think I'll care in essentially 2 months? It just kind of makes it fall flat on its face.

It looks really nice but does anyone else think it's a bit weird to have a timed reward and hype builder for a car that won't even be in the game for at least 4 weeks, presumably 7 weeks if they release it at the end of the month like usual?

Like, it's cool. But I don't think I'll care in essentially 2 months? It just kind of makes it fall flat on its face.
Is the campaign prize confirmed to be January? I'd assumed it'd be like the Ferrari last year where it's in the January update but you could get it early through the world series stuff.

Genesis VGT are Front Engine Layout? But 4WD Layout.

Just like Bugatti, Lamborghini and another has 4WD Layout but Mid engine Layout similar.

Is the campaign prize confirmed to be January? I'd assumed it'd be like the Ferrari last year where it's in the January update but you could get it early through the world series stuff.
Yes. From the announcement page:

Enter the World Final Viewers Gift Campaign to receive the 'Genesis X Gran Berlinetta Vision Gran Turismo Concept'​

Just click the 'VIEWERS Campaign' banner in the top right corner of the Gran Turismo 7 World Map screen, click the Manufacturers Cup broadcast link and watch the stream and you can receive the ‘Genesis X Gran Berlinetta Vision Gran Turismo Concept' as soon as it’s released in the January update. The Viewers Gift Campaign will be open until 23:59 (UTC) on10 December.

It's being added in January, yeah. Says on here.

Back