Genki is considering the development for new Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Shutokou Battle)

• Thread starter MJ6feet6
  • 908 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, you guys are putting a lot of salt on the table, but the concept art was a mobile game format kind of like. Developing a game for the PS4 and other platforms is going to cost a whole but load than it used to. They can not get away from making a PS4 game look good and all, but maybe if I am hoping they may make money of this little game so that they can produce the funds over there, and make a true sequel to a popular franchise that was once popular to many people, Sadly. In the America's the game is not so popular since competition is fierce.

They could port the mobile game over to ps4, even if the graphics aren't that great, but as long as the gameplay is still there....

I mean you can't delete your account anyway soooo
Oh ok LOL XD

Last edited by a moderator:
They could port the mobile game over to ps4, even if the graphics aren't that great, but as long as the gameplay is still there....
It would not make sense to port models and textures to the PS4 because the codes for mobile are going to differ than the PS4 architecture, so that is out of the question, and Genki is not known to port stuff unless it's TXR2 to TXR: Zero since they are basically almost the same in terms of graphics.

I haven't played TXR in my life. Why would I be disappointed about this?

That would explain why you can't understand the frustration. Aside from that, does anyone know if it's available for download yet? Probably can't get it in Australia anyway.

The bonuses are based on the number of pre-orders the game receives:

View attachment 618308
Preorder for a mobile game...
speechless.gif

As long as they are making money it's okay, this may be one of the many games they produce in the generation. I would not worry too much since the new team is getting used to the older TXR ways and such, which is why they were playing the older games in the first place. Maybe they are planning, time can only tell that answer.

Preorder for a mobile game...
Talk about pure ****** business practices... FOR A MOBILE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the end is surely near.

As long as they are making money it's okay, this may be one of the many games they produce in the generation. I would not worry too much since the new team is getting used to the older TXR ways and such, which is why they were playing the older games in the first place. Maybe they are planning, time can only tell that answer.
This can't be the ONLY TXR they're ever gonna make, they can't ignore the consoles this easily...

This could fund Genki Racing Project's next title. A lot of people are taking this for granted, but they're back, and quite possibly, back for good, since Japan is huge on mobile gaming. It could be a hit
A good chance Kazanori might play it.

It's free
That's the problem, it's a stupid free to play game which is the worst thing any game developer could do to us consumers.

Welp, im still mad as **** right now at this game, but at least i'm still excited for Double Dragon 4 coming this month for PS4 and PC. One more thing, it's gonna be snowing in my area this weekend, so it's gonna be one helluva time im gonna have. So yeah.... i guess we're all gonna have to play the hype waiting game again for the next shutokou battle game and hopefully it comes to PS4 or PC or Nintendo Switch for God's sake.

This can't be the ONLY TXR they're ever gonna make, they can't ignore the consoles this easily...
Of course it's probably not going to be the only Shutokou Battle game GRP makes on their return to the gaming scene, but you'd have to be incredibly ignorant of the development costs it takes to develop a high-quality modern console or PC game to not understand why GRP chose to develop a mobile game first.

Just the time needed to create all the art assets for a fully-fledged Shutokou or Kaido Battle game would take years for them. You can't develop GT Sport or Project CARS or modern Forza level of high-quality assets (ie. cars, environments, 'pit areas', maybe even characters) in a day. It cost several million dollars and a long while for Project CARS to be developed, and that was still a bit of a mess when it launched. I can't imagine a new Shutokou or Kaido Battle game on PS4/XB1/gaming PCs would be any cheaper (or less time-consuming) to develop.

That's the problem, it's a stupid free to play game which is the worst thing any game developer could do to us consumers.
I know right how dare they not charge me to play the game

I know right how dare they not charge me to play the game
No dude, it means that the quality of the game will most likely not be good because of this...

Of course it's probably not going to be the only Shutokou Battle game GRP makes on their return to the gaming scene, but you'd have to be incredibly ignorant of the development costs it takes to develop a high-quality modern console or PC game to not understand why GRP chose to develop a mobile game first.

Just the time needed to create all the art assets for a fully-fledged Shutokou or Kaido Battle game would take years for them. You can't develop GT Sport or Project CARS or modern Forza level of high-quality assets (ie. cars, environments, 'pit areas', maybe even characters) in a day. It cost several million dollars and a long while for Project CARS to be developed, and that was still a bit of a mess when it launched. I can't imagine a new Shutokou or Kaido Battle game on PS4/XB1/gaming PCs would be any cheaper (or less time-consuming) to develop.
Once they do make a new Shotokou battle game for PS4, it doesn't have to have the same graphical calibur as gran turismo sport, they can work on a budget and make it look good enough.

Game Development is expensive now, they have to detail everything precisely and get good enough physics that everyone will like. Genki is in the mobile market because of the lack of funds starting out, if they start another project after this one right away it could be delayed more than GT. Thus, that's the only option for them to get money for a much bigger project for home consoles, which in that area will take loads of time for testing and getting everything right with around, usually $15-$60 million spent producing and marketing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back