Genki is considering the development for new Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Shutokou Battle)

• Thread starter MJ6feet6
  • 908 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, im new here. As for the new Tokyo Xtreme racer game, they can call it rad racer tokyo edition or adrenaline rush for import fans the game, or like the other guy said " super awesome happy racing time" XD

Well here in Australia it was called "import tuner challenge" and "Tokyo highway racer" if I remember correctly. Still play ITC but gutted there's no Hondas in it or bugeye wrx's

but gutted there's no Hondas in it
Not the developer's fault. Honda, for the longest time, refused to be in any street racing game. Games like GT and Forza were circuit racers. Genki tried to get around that with TXR3 since it was enclosed like a track, but Honda wasn't having it.

Actually, it just hit me that TXR: Drift 2 (and the other versions/predecessors) had Hondas in them and they're technically street racing.

In all seriousness, i really hope this game is on consoles, it really won't make any sense on why they would only make it exclusive to mobile only.

Not the developer's fault. Honda, for the longest time, refused to be in any street racing game. Games like GT and Forza were circuit racers. Genki tried to get around that with TXR3 since it was enclosed like a track, but Honda wasn't having it.

Actually, it just hit me that TXR: Drift 2 (and the other versions/predecessors) had Hondas in them and they're technically street racing.
And in Shutoku Battle: Zero, the game had Honda's as well, but this was when they had no money for car manufacture rights...

Reactions: VXR

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that is a little different because those are/were actual mountain tracks that would have legit racing and drifting events irl.

In the game, during the day it seems to be used as legit tracks and company sponsors would let you test their cars as well as compete it different official races. At night, it seemed like it was just like a car meet at the same tracks and have unofficial/unregulated racing on the same tracks.

Honda was probably okay with their cars being in the Drift games since there were no traffic cars, so the racing seemed less "illegal".

I feel like there was a specific stigma towards highway racing. Where as drifting is much more acceptable because it has legitimate operations.

It's usually idiots that drive below the speed limit and take all the lanes up that have this stigma.

Need for speed 2015 was almost close to what reminded me of TXR. But I stopped playing it for a while because it wasn't as addictive as I thought and it got way more repetitive.

Actually, the only thing Honda was not okay with was that you can do engine swaps for cars in the game. I think Honda would've been in TXR3 if engine swaps weren't a feature.

Not that it matters now though, Honda seem to be a lot more lenient with their licensing nowadays since we can drive Hondas in NFS 2015 and do engine swaps for it in Forza.

It would also be nice if they can re-release zero and 3 on ps4 as a ps2 classic with upscaled 1080p graphics.

Actually, the only thing Honda was not okay with was that you can do engine swaps for cars in the game. I think Honda would've been in TXR3 if engine swaps weren't a feature.
muh NSX ;-;
And in Shutoku Battle: Zero, the game had Honda's as well, but this was when they had no money for car manufacture rights...
Why can't they just go back to badgeless cars?

Why can't they just go back to badgeless cars?

Because they can't now. Back when video game graphics aren't as good, badgeless cars were almost used by every racing game since the graphics then allow dev to hide the real vehicle underneath a low poly model, which means technically it's not infringing on copyright since it's not a 100% accurate model. TXR0 was really pushing it when it was released.

But now, using badgeless cars will possibly result in a lawsuit since the graphics of today can accurately depict a real life car.

17 hours and 17 minutes on my part. It is a bit unusual that the clock is harmonized with all time zones, almost like they are going to launch different news at different time for different countries. :D

17 hours and 17 minutes on my part. It is a bit unusual that the clock is harmonized with all time zones, almost like they are going to launch different news at different time for different countries. :D

I imagine that the news will be 100% Japan only.

My countdown timer will end on 12 PM my time, which works out to 3 AM Japan time, not a good time for an only Japan announcement.

People have been reporting differing times remaining on their timers. Possibly a bug. It seems that the timer reflects your system clock and not japan time. Again I think this is a bug because I think this announcement is intended for a purely japanese audience(as that is the only version of the game they will announce).

I changed my pc to japan time and refreshed the timer. it now has 7hrs 24m remaining. which puts the end at 1200 Japan time.

Normally I would expect fixed UTC+9 time (Japan) for all of us, but I think the clock automatically calculates remaining time for every computer individually, depending on the location of its IP address.

People have been reporting differing times remaining on their timers. Possibly a bug. It seems that the timer reflects your system clock and not japan time. Again I think this is a bug because I think this announcement is intended for a purely japanese audience(as that is the only version of the game they will announce).
If it's Japanese only, they're gonna make a huge mistake.

It seems obvious genki making the announcement themselves that it would be japan only. We can only hope that a western publisher will pick the game up for localization and release.

So. Uh. The countdown is dependent off of your system clock.

For me, it's showing an hour left, but according to my friend in the US, it's 20 hours, and my friend in Sweden says 10 hours.

This is confusing. I'm in Sydney, and there's a three hour difference between Sydney and Japan, so maybe there's four hours left until the announcement?

EDIT: Alright, I'm a little slow. I guess that is the case. Three more hours. Whoop. \o/

Last edited:
Mine countdown has finished but nothing news wise yet and Iam 2hrs ahead of Japan.
I believe it actually finishes at 12:00 Japan Standard Time, so in 30 minutes it should be dpone over there. Let's wait and see how it pans out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back