GMT 900 Pics & Info: Silverado Interior Spy Shots

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 238 comments
wow you got the hookup on all the new GM stuff. Too bad they just look like bloated minivans on the front end. :grumpy:

Ya wait till the Esclade pics are released lated this month. Its pretty sweet looking, kinda like the Caddy Sixteen Concept.

I'm not sure where the one was taken without the Camo on it was, probably in one of the studios in Warren. But the one of it in Camo on the road was taking in Auburn Hills.

It's amazing how people can get jailed just because the style of a car is revealed. What's this world coming to. :rolleyes:

It's corporate espinoge, I mean it is technically illegal, but the auto industry says if another company gets to see the car they car steal ideas. I don't know, I know if I take pictures where I work I will pretty much be shot. I work in some pretty top secert areas.

But me and my dumbassedness self just realized the Escalade is being debuted today (Ok so I just saw it on the GMTV). It's at the Miami Auto Show, I totally forgot today was the 4th :indiff:.

Offical GM announcement, I guess I misheard the GMTV.

2007 Escalade- Unveiling NOV. 11
Source: www.gminsidenews.com

What: The Cadillac renaissance continues as the iconic Escalade SUV receives a complete makeover for the 2007 model year. On Friday, November 11, the utility will make its world auto show premiere at the South Florida International Auto Show inside the Cadillac stand.
With its current bold, edgy design, the Escalade has captured the imagination of influential luxury buyers and in 2004 held 36 percent of the large luxury SUV segment. Escalade fans include some of the biggest names in sports and entertainment, and they have embraced it as the "gotta have" ride and the "King of Bling."

Cadillac General Manager, Jim Taylor, will introduce the new Escalade at noon. He along with Gary White, the vehicle line executive, will be available following the conference for interviews.

When: Friday, November 11, 2005
12:00 PM

Where: Miami Beach Convention Center, Cadillac stand
1901 Convention Drive
Miami Beach, FL

Escalade Spy Photos
Source: www.gminsidernews.com, but I think they are off GMTV

attachment.php

Sorry its small for some reason
attachment.php

Interior Center Stack
attachment.php

2007 Tahoe Accessories
Source: www.gminsidenews.com, taken from teh 2007 Tahoe Booklet

--> cat-back performance and touring exhaust systems with Bowtie logo tips
--> dvd screens integrated into the headrests
--> body-colored window vents (smoke is still available too)
--> body-colored grill inserts
--> body-colored hood protectors

Interior colors (no samples):
--> Cashmere
--> Ebony
--> Titanium

Exterior colors (again no samples):
--> Antique Bronze Metallic
--> Bermuda Blue Metallic
--> Dark Ming Blue
--> Fine Silver Birch Metallic
--> Goldmist Metallic
--> Graystone Metallic
--> Olympic White
--> Sport Red Metallic
--> Black Onyx

OH MY GOD I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THE MIAMI AUTO SHOW!!!!!

I'll be there and give you plenty of pics as well. ;)

edit: The GMC Yukon looks UGLY. It really got the shortest end of the stick, in my opinion. The Tahoe looks miles better. I'm really eager to see how the Escalade looks in real life, even if it is the trendwhore rapmobile.

Here rehosted using ImageShack, and since its to late and I don't give a damn the other post isn't getting edited :lol:.

But here ya go....

sideview3mv.jpg

escladeinterior2yu.jpg

This one might not work, its kinda f'ed up
escalade8la9sp.jpg

Omnis
OH MY GOD I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THE MIAMI AUTO SHOW!!!!!

I'll be there and give you plenty of pics as well. ;)

Dude go get them, I mean I've read and heard two different things saying Nov. 4th and Nov. 11th.

Plus if you get them, I can quit stealing from GMInsideNews :lol:.

Well it clearly very premature to make any comments.

I'd expect this to be priced somewhere enar the Range Rover Soprt. It seems to match it in quality and style (and the quarter panel vents seem to be directly from the Range Rover). It's probably not going to be as good dynamically, but then again it has a different target audience.

skip0110
Well it clearly very premature to make any comments.

I'd expect this to be priced somewhere enar the Range Rover Soprt. It seems to match it in quality and style (and the quarter panel vents seem to be directly from the Range Rover). It's probably not going to be as good dynamically, but then again it has a different target audience.

It should be priced about the same, and you damn well know every "hood rich" person is going to buy one and they are going to be in every new rap video. But I guess GM is doing the right thing with the "King of Bling" package.

I've seen it it person and all I can say is it looks like a Caddy 16 in SUV form

Yeah, the show runs from the 4th through the 13th or something. I figure I'll go the 11th because they'll unveil it then, and thus everything there'll be to see will be there. Lol. The show is a super pain in the ass, though. The Miami convention center is usually a killer to get into with the mad army of people.

BlazinXtreme
I've seen it it person and all I can say is it looks like a Caddy 16 in SUV form
That's a good thing 👍

I hope it has some sharp lines, the GMT900s all look a little rounded and I prefer the chiseled look.

GM-TC Views The 2007 Cadillac Escalade
Source: www.gm-trucks.com

When introduced in 2002, the current generation Escalade proved to be a big hit. It’s no surprise that Cadillac would like the 2007 model to have the same huge impact this time around. I was recently at an event where I were lucky enough to get a sneak peak of this next generation ’07 Escalade before anyone else, even other journalists not at the event. While the example was still lightly laden with auto-focus busting checkerboard camouflage, we were not allowed to take pictures. We were however allowed to crawl around, in, and examine the 2007 Escalade prototype extensively. Here’s what I saw:

When introduced in 2002, the current generation Escalade proved to be a big hit. It’s no surprise that Cadillac would like the 2007 model to have the same huge impact this time around. I was recently at an event where I were lucky enough to get a sneak peak of this next generation ’07 Escalade before anyone else, even other journalists not at the event. While the example was still lightly laden with auto-focus busting checkerboard camouflage, we were not allowed to take pictures. We were however allowed to crawl around, in, and examine the 2007 Escalade prototype extensively. Here’s what I saw:
- Escalade exclusive dash. While sharing similarities with the Tahoe/Yukon, it was not just a “jazzed up” version like the current model. The dash was waterfall like in design, flowing evenly from the dash pad, through the inlaid analog clock, huge navigation system, down through the clean HVAC system, into the massive cup holders. The middle armrest is adorned with a wooden strip and other tasteful amounts of wood, chrome, and clean lines that also follow throughout the cabin.
- The instrument panel is a throw back to the 2002 designed Deville. Completely blacked out while the vehicle is turned off, you only see the detail once the vehicle has been turned on. Bright white letters and chrome surrounds make this something you’re going to need for yourself.
- The standard transmission for the Escalade is a 6-speed hydromatic. Two features you won’t want to miss are obviously the 2 extra gears and the manual shift buttons located on the shift stack (which is still located on the steering column).
- The standard engine in the AWD Escalade is the 6.3L V8, with an amazing 400hp. Yes, that is 100 MORE horsepower than Lincoln Navigator. 2WD versions have a still impressive 385 horsepower.
- The quality of the interior is leaps and bounds above the current generation. Panel gaps are small and clean. Dash and seat product quality are striking.
- The exterior is unmistakably Escalade. More chrome and “bling” adorn the outside. Portholes adorn the front fenders along with a large bright grill. The front can be described as very DTS like. The rear has a sharper shape along with standard LED tail-lights.
- The standard rims are 18 inches with an optional (and quite good looking) 22 inch polished rim available. (The Escalade I saw had the 22 inch rims)

We here at GM-Trucks.com can’t wait to show you the official pictures when the embargo is lifted Nov 5th, just a few short days away.

e've got the inside scoop on what the next generation 2007 Cadillac Escalade is going to look like (see photo at left), and what new features and being jamed packed into it. Check it out!

Deletions

Exterior color 26U Rip Tide Blue
Interior color 152 Shale
Interior color 922 Pewter

New Features

Exterior color 51U Gold Mist
Exterior color 53U Radiant Bronze
Roof rail air bag system with rollover sensor
(PCX) Climate Package
(PCW) Information Package
(UVC) Rearview camera system
(AP3) Remote Start
(KB6) Heated and cooled driver and front passenger seats with 4-way power lumbar and 2-position memory driver seat
(ARS) Power release for second row seats (tumble and fold)
(AW2) Leather appointed third row 50/50 split-bench seat, 2-passenger, can be flipped forward, folded or totally removed
(KA9) Heated steering wheel
(CF5) Express-open/close power Sunroof
(TQ5) IntelliBeam headlamps
(QXK) Tires, P265/65R18, all-season, blackwall, TL AL2, standard
(QST) Tires, P285/45R22, all-season, blackwall TL AL2, available
(NZ4) 17" full-size spare
(PW2) Wheels, 4 - 18" x 8" 7-spoke aluminum, standard
(PD5) Wheels, 4 - 18" x 8" 7-spoke chromed aluminum, available
(P56) Wheels, 4 - 22" x 9" 7-spoke chromed aluminum, available
Heated windshield washer fluid system
Rainsense intermittent front wipers
(L92) Engine, Vortec high-output 6200 V8 SFI with 400 hp and 430 lb-ft torque
Interior colors are 194 Ebony and 304 Very Light Cashmere (Very Light Cashmere has Cocoa accents)

Okay, I went to the show today and no Escalade. :(

I talked to the guy at Cadillac and was like, "Where's mah Escalade, mayne?!"
We both laughed and he told me that it was definitely debuting on the 11th. They need to rebuild the entire Cadillac display for the press release and take all the old Esca's off the floor (yes, all of them).

Tahoe looks damn nice in person, though. It's a lot taller than I thought, giving it a more stockier appearance in person.

:( Well at least we all know for sure when the Escalades coming out.

But good pics Omnis, the first set of actual pics not stolen from one of the GM website :lol:.

cool, looks pretty good, better than the GMC's and Chevys. Not sure If I like the exterior more than the previous escalade but it is definately consistent with the styling on their other cars. I like the redesigned interior :)👍

Where did you get those from, gminsidenews.com? But yes I saw those this morning and I didn't get a chance to post em.

2007 CADILLAC ESCALADE CRAFTSMANSHIP: ESTABLISHING A NEW STANDARD
Source: www.gminsidenews.com

Superior craftsmanship and refinement permeate the all-new Escalade. In areas that can be seen and touched, as well as those that cannot, an unprecedented amount of engineering and design resources were devoted to developing cohesive, segment-leading levels of quality, quietness and attention to detail.

Tighter tolerances and higher quality materials provide visual and tactile examples of the vehicle’s craftsmanship, while a firmer, more robust chassis enables class-leading smoothness and quietness. In short, every aspect of Escalade’s performance – whether under the hood or inside the passenger compartment – is designed to reflect a new standard of Cadillac craftsmanship.

Exterior craftsmanship

Escalade has one-piece, body-color front and rear fascias that wrap around into the fenders, creating a sleeker, more integrated appearance. Chrome accents enhance the luxury appearance of the Escalade while adding distinction and exemplifying the vehicle’s attention to detail.

The fascias cover the bumper beams, eliminating the conventional SUV look of a bumper separated from other body components. This seamless design enables improved tolerances between components, such as the fascia and fenders. Hood-to-fender gaps also are reduced, as are the gaps surrounding the headlamps and grille components. While contributing to the Escalade’s more refined appearance, the tighter tolerances also enhance aerodynamics, which optimize fuel economy and reduce wind noise.

From the side, Escalade has a more integrated appearance . The doors extend down and wrap over the rockers for a cleaner, “one-piece” appearance, and the rearview mirrors are styled for improved aerodynamics and reduced wind noise. New grab-style door handles are designed to stand off from the edge of the vehicle and offer easier, refined actuation. Door closing is effortless and quiet, sealing with a reassuring sound that reinforces Cadillac’s quality reputation.

Standard running boards are integrated with the exterior design themes, and optional power articulating running boards (available later in the model year) automatically extend when the doors are opened. When not in use, the boards retract inward, giving the vehicle a sleeker, more refined appearance.

At the rear of the Escalade, gaps are reduced around the liftgate and fascia, creating a refined and precise appearance. The liftgate-to-quarter panel and liftgate-to-taillamp tolerances have also been reduced with a new, one-piece door ring – or “D-ring.” The quarter panels, underbody and roof are all welded to the D-ring, providing more precise fits and a stronger rear body. Also, the standard towing package receiver hitch features an Escalade-exclusive integrated hitch cover that is easily removable, but offers a smoother appearance when in place.

Interior refinement

The 2007 Escalade has an interior environment all its own. It benefits from the close attention to detail designed and engineered into every facet of the cabin and is highlighted by flush surfaces and tight tolerances on the instrument panel, center stack, clusters and other components.

Most gaps on the instrument panel and cluster have been narrowed to 0.5 mm or less. Some gaps have been totally eliminated. Flush-mounted accessories and controls, such as the climate control/radio center stack, create a seamless, more finished appearance – appearing as a single unit rather than components stacked together. Similar attention was given to concealing fasteners and metal structural components of all folding seats. New seat “close-outs” provide a more finished, crafted appearance to the seats when they are in a folded or tumbled-forward position. The seat tracks also are concealed with covers.

Large aluminum door sill plates greet occupants when they enter Escalade. The sill plates are longer and wider than previous models, providing more complete coverage of the sill area and a more finished appearance.

Both the Cocoa-on-Cashmere and Ebony-on-Ebony interior color schemes dramatically enhance the appearance and aura of the new Escalade’s interiors. The upscale styling is complemented by premium materials like brushed aluminum, wood and cast skin trim that are soft to the touch and have low-gloss finishes. Escalade’s instrument panel, upper door trim and armrests are covered and wrapped in a soft foam-backed cast skin covering that is durable and rich looking, while providing a luxurious, high-quality feel.

Also, the color and grain of materials were carefully selected to provide a premium look. Upscale details also include LED backlighting for instrumentation and chrome accents on gauges and vents. The comprehensive result of these elements is a rich, harmonious appearance throughout the interior. Escalade’s refinement also is evidenced in the operation of items such as glove box and center console lid doors, which are spring-damped. The center console’s cupholders are hidden, too, providing a cleaner interior appearance until they’re needed.

BlazinXtreme
Where did you get those from, gminsidenews.com? But yes I saw those this morning and I didn't get a chance to post em.
Nope, I ran into them in another forum. So I thought "Hey, the fine folks at GTPlanet would enjoy these pictures."

Some rapper will put spinners on it and it will look like crap like every other Escalade with spinners.

But what gets me is the tri-level headlights. I don't think I really like that. The side vents are friggen sweet though.

Final verdict...looks to much like the Yukon and not enough of its own style. But I sort of like it, I think it will grow on me once I start to see more of them.

**These are the first good pictures I've seen of it, I've seen the truck in person only in mock-up stages so I really didn't know what to expect.

Back