Got a copy of GT6, ask questions here

Do you feel better wasting a whole Day competing in a 24 hour race? I think it's a good move by PD. If you want endurance races, go and play 1000 laps in arcade mode.

Have you ever heard something about saving features?

And what do you care if others are looking forward to spend a whole day racing?

PD should give us the option to set the duration of the event. If you think that 7 laps is an enduro, ok, go on. People who like longer races could just set the game to do 24 hours.

Last edited:
Do you feel better that your ADD is so bad you can't concentrate for more than 20 minutes at a time?

And I never have wasted a whole day, I usually split it up over at least a week.

Cant unterstand how anyone can race 24 hours on the Same track without getting Bored. Even if you split it. But if you're one of the minority that like these Kinda races, dont say 24 minutes races are rediculous, 24 minutes of flawless driving is Hard as well. Just Wait for your 24 hours races to get Patches into the game.

And yes, you wasted a whole Day with a 24 hour race (timewise).

Cant unterstand how anyone can race 24 hours on the Same track without getting Bored. Even if you split it. But if you're one of the minority that like these Kinda races, dont say 24 minutes races are rediculous, 24 minutes of flawless driving is Hard as well. Just Wait for your 24 hours races to get Patches into the game.
Completing them with friends is very funny, as if you were racing for real. They have been in GT4 and GT5, so there's no reason to take them out. People may complete them or not, but they should be available in the game.

Timewise these races might appear to a "waste" of time to some as you just said it. Each to their own, I mean there are certain cars that'd be a waste of time to drive with in my humble opinion, but I do not want to discuss this in public now. :)

Could someone post a pic of the Audi Auto Union V16 type C Streamline PLEASE?
2013_11_28_23_37_31_zpscf8367a1.png~original

it's been posted many times... *sigh*

Could you make a picture of the Lexus LFA Nürbrurgring Edition?

check 1st page, 1st post.

lol wut?

24 minutes of flawless driving is nothing. In real racing, if you can go a whole race (however long it may be) without screwing up you are merely average. Flawless is the rule, not the exception. But that's beside the point.

I agree with mralexf1, there should at least be the option in game. People did them in GT4&5, theres no good reason to take them out.

lol wut?

24 minutes of flawless driving is nothing. In real racing, if you can go a whole race (however long it may be) without screwing up you are merely average. Flawless is the rule, not the exception. But that's beside the point.

I agree with mralexf1, there should at least be the option in game. People did them in GT4&5, theres no good reason to take them out.

There is one. To keep the Kids away from the consoles. Some Kids may over do it with the endurance races (play the game all Day) . Dont think that that was kaz' thought behind that though.

There is one. To keep the Kids away from the consoles. Some Kids may over do it with the endurance races (play the game all Day) . Dont think that that was kaz' thought behind that though.
Hello parents?

Too many bad parents out there...

I think the longer Endurance races are to come soon with the B-Spec update since we can now switch to our B-Spec drivers like in GT4 doing endurance events. Would be realistic to have partner drivers in endurance races like 24h.

That would actually be pretty amazing. Have 3 different B-Spec drivers. Race your shift, go sleep, leave game on and see how your team does. It may be a bit too far, but it still would be cool to me. They really need to add a custom race option, with an algorithm to automatically give credits for laps done, number of AI used, PP difference, and lastly AI difficulty. With an additional selection of what cars AI are using. If we could do that, they wouldn't have to make tons of events, we could make our own. Either way, I just want to get my hands on the new physics and run some Nürburgring hot laps in my favorite cars.

Timewise these races might appear to a "waste" of time to some as you just said it. Each to their own, I mean there are certain cars that'd be a waste of time to drive with in my humble opinion, but I do not want to discuss this in public now. :)
When I completed the 24 Hours of Le Mans I used the stealth Audi R10 car with no upgrades so it really came down to pit stops to win. Made it pretty exciting I thought.

When I completed the 24 Hours of Le Mans I used the stealth Audi R10 car with no upgrades so it really came down to pit stops to win. Made it pretty exciting I thought.

I've done the same once!

People who say that they don't like endurances are the people who never tried.

I was thinking about grinding some more GT5 trophies before finally uninstalling it completely, but seeming like the new "Endurance" Events use minutes for hours, I don't know anymore. I might keep both installed. Are those really the Endurance Events, or just the Super License Challenges ? Incidentally, I never completed any of the longer Endurances on GT5, but I had a lot of fun with them on GT3 and GT4. I won one of them on GT3 by simply changing my pit-stop strategy, and it was amazing seeing how I was able to reverse my odds at that race and win it with just pure strategy and quickness.

Also, just one Special Event ? (Goodwood). GT5 had like six or seven Special Events.
Even if more are added through DLC, it's not like everyone can buy PSN cards straight away as they are released.

That's what I experienced as well. As previously mentioned - each to their own, love it or hate it. But simply calling it "ridiculous", a "waste of time" is generalizing and simply ignorant.

Oh, if I'm not mistaken we have the ability to run all races in A- and B-Spec in GT6, so it shouldn't be that hard to complete these races for those who dislike the longer endurance races. The fast-forward option from GT4 is also having a comeback from what I've heard of.

That's what I experienced as well. As previously mentioned - each to their own, love it or hate it. But simply calling it "ridiculous", a "waste of time" is generalizing and simply ignorant.

This.

I don't mind if PD put a option to people make it shorter. But get rid of it? Really?

Poliphony Digital always make this kind of move: rather then improving the game, they simply alienate a large portion of the fans by excluding some particular feature.

Also, just one Special Event ? (Goodwood). GT5 had like six or seven Special Events.
Even if more are added through DLC, it's not like everyone can buy PSN cards straight away as they are released.

I don't think they will have paid special events DLC, if anything it will be free I believe, in a title update. Assuming they add more :confused:

imo somewhere/somehow the "real" endurance stuff will show up. pd developed this time-transition / astronomical system which shows the exact positions of stars and stuff like that in accordance to the le mans 24h 2013 and the nurb 24h 2013 race.

remind what is written on the official gt6 site:
From the longitude/latitude of the track, the sunrise/sundown hours at the 2013 Le Mans 24 hours, Nürburgring 24 hour race, and the Goodwood Festival of Speed are represented accurately.

so - relax guys

I don't think they will have paid special events DLC, if anything it will be free I believe, in a title update. Assuming they add more :confused:

remember that there will come the andretti and senna stuff. most likely special event content.
really guys - what the middle east is playing right now represents not the final product. keep calm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got to play a bit with GT6 at a friend's place with an enhanced PS3. Some misc. impressions and comments.

- You can adjust your dials (tachometer, speedometer) colors in bumper view
- No tire load indicator anymore
- You can't enable fuel/tire consumption in free run mode
- I can't quite put a finger on it, but it looks like there is some limited amount of brake fading going on. It looks like it's enabled during actual races.
- Old circuits/tracks which didn't get weather or time update look exactly the same as they did in GT5
- Kart Space and Goodwood can't be accessed in free run mode. I speculate Kart space now requires karts
- Matterhorn Rotenboden has very steep inclines, I got to try with a Honda Beat and it was struggling in 1st gear
- The power/torque indicator is now near useless. You don't get exact rpm for peak torque/power and vertical subdivisions are completely arbitrary
- The game feels very linear and not very exciting to keep playing (my personal opinion, though)
- Overall a very underwhelming experience. At this point I can say I'm glad I ended up planning not getting it on day 1

Back