Got a copy of GT6, ask questions here

remember that there will come the andretti and senna stuff. most likely special event content.
really guys - what the middle east is playing right now is far away from the final product. keep calm.

I hope you're right about the Endurances and Special Events. Looking forward to finally be able to wear my hero's helmet and suit. Ayrton's gears, and those of other F1 drivers, were a wish of mine for GT5 that never happened. I don't really care for NASCAR or Rally gears. The greatest drivers of history were and are in F1.

Also, it's good they got rid of the twenty millions cap (apparently, according to a leaked video I saw just now on another thread). That was super annoying, having to grind that Ferrari Seasonal Event everytime we wasted a lot of money on tyres. Tyres are so expensive on this game, they were enough to eat away at our twenty millions. It got to the point of having to create another account to send Racing tyres to myself every day, so I would have the most expensive rubber for free, but I still had to waste money on all of the other compound types.

I wish "every day" cars of this year were in it though, like the Peugeot 208 and 308, but... nope. Oh well...

Last edited:
imo somewhere/somehow the "real" endurance stuff will show up. pd developed this time-transition / astronomical system which shows the exact positions of stars and stuff like that in accordance to the le mans 24h 2013 and the nurb 24h 2013 race.

remind what is written on the official gt6 site:
From the longitude/latitude of the track, the sunrise/sundown hours at the 2013 Le Mans 24 hours, Nürburgring 24 hour race, and the Goodwood Festival of Speed are represented accurately.

so - relax guys

Very good point.

The greatest drivers of history were and are in F1.

This claim is wide open to debate.

How much is the Aston Martin One-77?
IMG_20131201_235803_078.jpg

I got to play a bit with GT6 at a friend's place with an enhanced PS3. Some misc. impressions and comments.

[...]
- You can't enable fuel/tire consumption in free run mode
- Old circuits/tracks which didn't get weather or time update look exactly the same as they did in GT5
- Kart Space and Goodwood can't be accessed in free run mode. I speculate Kart space now requires karts
- The power/torque indicator is now near useless. You don't get exact rpm for peak torque/power and vertical subdivisions are completely arbitrary

Thanks for the info - those things I quoted are rather shocking news though for me personally though.
First of all I really hope that we will atleast be able to enable fuel/tire consumption in free run online lobbies (it'd be way less fun without these actually, since I do lots of cruising). Old tracks looking exactly the same? Hmm, I already expected that to be honest, but no slight improvements? Really PD?
Kart Space & Good Wood Hillclimb should be accessible in online rooms as well. Have you tried dirty/clean races (with ordinary cars) at kart space? :D I could imagine Goodwood as a free run track - everytime you reach point B you get resetted to point A again to have a go again.
I saw that the power/torque indicator don't give you certain information actually, are you sure that this cannot be changed in some option menu?

Old tracks looking exactly the same? Hmm, I already expected that to be honest, but no slight improvements? Really PD?
I might have to try some other ones, but I doubt I will spot visible changes.
I saw that the power/torque indicator don't give you certain information actually, are you sure that this cannot be changed in some option menu?
I scanned all options in the option menu and didn't find anything related, unfortunately.

imo somewhere/somehow the "real" endurance stuff will show up. pd developed this time-transition / astronomical system which shows the exact positions of stars and stuff like that in accordance to the le mans 24h 2013 and the nurb 24h 2013 race.

remind what is written on the official gt6 site:
From the longitude/latitude of the track, the sunrise/sundown hours at the 2013 Le Mans 24 hours, Nürburgring 24 hour race, and the Goodwood Festival of Speed are represented accurately.

so - relax guys

Actually, to add onto this, on their website it does say: "An environmental simulation based on the longitude/latitude position of the track is performed for real life tracks. For example, the Le Mans 24 hour race in the game will actually simulate the rise/setting hours of the sun and night-time constellations in the sky from the event in 2013." on the top section of the GT6 information.

I know that this can't be answer yet until the day one patch but I'm kinda curious if we will be able to change the name of a online room.
In Gt5 you couldn't do that.

Actually, to add onto this, on their website it does say: "An environmental simulation based on the longitude/latitude position of the track is performed for real life tracks. For example, the Le Mans 24 hour race in the game will actually simulate the rise/setting hours of the sun and night-time constellations in the sky from the event in 2013." on the top section of the GT6 information.

And my girlfriend's pre-order survives another day.

My ***.

But this is a discussion for another thread.

Such a fuss because of a statement, but you'd think people would at least be polite at GTP ? (swearing now ?).

I don't really cared for Jeff Gordon's gears or anything on GT5. I care about the heros I watched growing up. That's all, and to me they are the best, and most of them have the history behind them to back it up. And even though some categories might be more demanding (like, driving on snow, dirt, etc...), they are not really done on 800hp, are they ? Not to mention that the F1s back in the 80's had 1.500 hp (or was it bhp, I kind of forgot now). It's where every kid who starts in karts wants to get to, or wanted to, before Ecclestone ruined the sport in recent years.

Unless some are saying that GT shouldn't have F1 drivers' gears, then that is a whole 'nother thing altogether, and that would be kind of selfish.

Such a fuss because of a statement, but you'd think people would at least be polite at GTP ? (swearing now ?).

I don't think he meant to sound impolite, this topic isn't really worth debating here as there's no way to prove one set of drivers are better than another.

Last edited:
Can you open the "Steering Characteristics" menu in the settings page and display the FFB options? Just curious to see if anything has changed.

And my girlfriend's pre-order survives another day.

Maybe the short ones are either A. Warm ups or B. The length will be changed when the day one patch hits. I can't imagine them putting all of that detail into the night sky and sun location just to remove the pure endurance races, same point @GTP_MacGyver was making.

Maybe the short ones are either A. Warm ups or B. The length will be changed when the day one patch hits. I can't imagine them putting all of that detail into the night sky and sun location just to remove the pure endurance races, same point @GTP_MacGyver was making.

Yeah, absolutely. They put time, money and resources on this. Kaz' driving the N24 by himself - and even history shown us not to expect too much from PD ;) - i think in this case, we shouldn't worry. For some the Endurance races are senseless - but if you drive it seriously and choose a challenging setup, it's - without a doubt - a great and special experience. And as Kaz knows how it feels in reality - at least i am sure that he wants to deliver some kind of the 24h feeling to the normal guys on earth ;)

Last edited:
Apparently, standard cars have better sound than premium cars. GT6 menu is way too simple that it's not as fun as it used to be as in GT2/GT3/GT4. :odd:

But I'm eager to see what PD will bring to GT6 in the upcoming 12 months because right now the game doesn't feel new since I've played it for a total of 3 hours so far and I don't seem to be excited. Maybe I lost the taste of excitement? I dunno :confused:

Yeah, absolutely. They put time, money and resources on this. Kaz' driving the N24 by himself - and even history shown us not to expect too much from PD ;) - i think in this case, we shouldn't worry. For some the Endurance races are senseless - but if you drive it seriously and choose a challenging setup, it's - without a doubt - a great and special experience. And as Kaz knows how it feels in reality - at least i am sure that he wants to deliver some kind of the 24h feeling to the normal guys on that earth ;)

I believe that's what GT is about, the feeling of driving a vehicle. When you see the weather and time change (especially GT6's version), it seems a bit unrealistic to also have major customization options with only 512MB of RAM. Realistically, that's why we do not have big customization yet. That will be very possible on next gen with 8GB of RAM. Kaz probably figured he cannot do that yet, so instead of removing the weather/time, he expanded on it, while also giving a major overhaul on physics.

I am probably the only one looking for rally stuff for GT6 are there any videos, news etc. Just cant find anything

It won't be surprising at all if there are no endurance races beyond what we've seen so far. Kaz or someone at PD said that they vast majority of players are casual and it looks like in many ways, they redesigned the offline modes for the more casual players. A very simple option to appeal to all players would have been to have endurance and other races adjustable by the driver. More laps = better prize cars. So you can run 24 minutes and win an RX-7 or 24 Hours and win an LMP or anything in between. Some very simple programming, requires no memory, presents no hardware issues. Instead, so far anyway, we get really dumbed down endurance racing designed to satisfy the common denominator instead many of the really hardcore fans that supported the series for 15+ years. Bad move PD, bad move. 👎

Do you know how hard it is to find an endurance race online? Not everyone has time for a league, and the are none that do 24 hour races. Some people like them you know, and I don't care if people want to "100%" the game, it's just a stupid trophy to me. This is a retarded move from PD, if true. 24 minutes of Le Mans? Is that a joke?
Dude. There's GTPlanet. Use it to gather up some people to do a "24 hour" race if you can. You think some people has the time to do a 24 hour race? Think about them and not yourself...

Also. Wasn't there complaints a long time ago about the endurance races never resembling how Kaz race? So what's the point?

the photo was out a few days after the entire leak started.

the car itself, well it first appeared in GT4, scrapped off from GT5 for reasons I don't know, and back in GT6 as proven by the photo.
Thanks, I thought i remembered it somewhere! 💡

Back