GPS Visualiser - Useful or HUGE Disappointment?

• Thread starter Jay.
  • 3 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United Kingdom
♢ UK ♢
J-Gunn-74
As of update V1.06, players now have access to a new feature, the GPS Visualiser.

I followed Jordans invitation to Willow Springs last year, and I got a little excited at the thought of being able to download the GPS track data from a famous world champion race driver around one of the available real world circuits in GT6.

Now we have the GPS Visualiser...

... and it's useless. :(

I have spent hours today researching and trying to figure out how I can use this function, and to be honest, I wasted my time. It cannot be used. It is a complete waste of time and money from PD.

What was I expecting? I don't know, I thought maybe there would be GPS logger data from a drivers run on several tracks available to download on the net somewhere. Wrong. Or maybe PD/Sony would make some downloads available for purchase on Playstation Store. Wrong.

Having searched through PD/GT6, Sony and Toyota websites, (as well as all the sites for GPS trackers and info for use on racetracks) I found that the only equipment currently compatible with our GT6 feature is Toyotas CAN GPS system. (Toyota CAN't GPS) There are one or two downloads from other sites, but they are not timed track runs as I was expecting to find, and they are not even compatible.

Bad news...
This feature is currently only being fitted to the GT86 as of April 2014, though it is available for other new Toyota models at a price of 91,800yen, or £535 GBP, $960 USD, $1026 AUSD, €695 EUR.

Sony EU PS Forums
It will be possible to compare and analyse these GPS data using the [Data Logger] feature. This feature is currently compatible with the Fuji Speedway, Tsukuba Circuit and the Suzuka Circuit, with more tracks to be added later on.
I don't own a brand new Toyota GT86, and I'm not likely to be buying one.
Yeah, ok I could pay a few hundred just for the GPS equipment but.... I don't own a Toyota.
Furthermore one of the reasons I play GT6 is because I cannot afford a track day out at any of the tracks outside of my own country in Europe, let alone to Japan.

GPS Visualizer is not really that useful at the moment. However, when sufficient cars are fitted with it and more tracks are enabled it will allow real drivers to analyse and critic their own lap in minute detail, from multiple angles.
It could also allow players to use data from real racing drivers, allowing them to copy real lines and basically get a tutorial from a professional.
^^ Nice thought, but when this time comes we are likely to be playing GT7.

BWX
GT6 updates and support = failure.
Agreed. Although GT6 has a few good points, overall it has been disappointing.

Like with 1.05, 1.06 add's nothing at all to the game to make it more enjoyable to play (for me anyway). I did actually put it on yesterday for the 1st time in 3 weeks, did the new Toyota time trial then dumped it back in it's box and back on my shelf.
Ditto. There is nothing left to make me want to play more. I played GT4 & GT5 constantly. I only fire up GT6 every few weeks to check for updates and seasonals. I wonder how many others do the same.

Come on PD. Give us something we want.

Or at least something we can actually USE.

Reactions: VBR
This is already discussed in probably five threads - well now six. All in the first page of this sub-forum.

This is already discussed in probably five threads - well now six. All in the first page of this sub-forum.

Discussions regarding Update V1.06 overall, (Mainly the other features added). This is specifically for the GPS Visualiser.

Yea I even clicked in the wrong thread. Closing.

Jerome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back