Gran Turismo 4 Modding Discussion

I assume it's different to GT3? Someone has been adding cars from GT4 variants into GT3
To my knowledge this is possible because GT4 Prologue, GT Concept and all other demos (Prius edition etc.) use the same game engine as GT3. GT4 uses a different engine so, for now at least, porting cars is not possible.

A question for @TheAdmiester. It is possible to change in which dealership cars are sold? Theese are some of the oddities i spotted and where I would place them:

Chevrolet Corvette C5R in new dealership
Panoz Esperante in classics dealership
Buick Special in tuner village or "full model" in tune shop
Eagle Taloon in classics dealership
Aston Martin DB7 in classics dealership
Jay Leno Tank Car in new dealership
Bentley Speed 8 in new dealership
Lotus esprit GT350 in classics dealership
Citroën Xantia in classics dealership
Citroën Xsara Kit Car in classics dealership
Audi R8 LMP in new dealership
BMW Mclaren F1 GTR in classics dealership
Hyundai Tiburon Turbulence '99 in classics dealership
Honda Gathers Drider Civic in classic dealership
Subaru Impreza 22B Rally Car in classics dealership

Last edited:
To my knowledge this is possible because GT4 Prologue, GT Concept and all other demos (Prius edition etc.) use the same game engine as GT3. GT4 uses a different engine so, for now at least, porting cars is not possible.

A question for @TheAdmiester. It is possible to change in which dealership cars are sold? Theese are some of the oddities i spotted and where I would place them:

It is and I have already made changes to some of them, like the Cien being moved to the new dealer because it never made sense in classics to me. GT4 doesn't seem to have any consistent logic to its selections but I'm thinking of moving anything pre-2000 from new to classics unless it was still in production in 2004.

You're right about the GT3 mod too, it's basically a compilation of all content that was available in some sort of GT3-compatible format. GT4 is more or less a new generation and is only compatible across its own builds.

Last edited:

Is there a defined cutoff for the classics aside from these exceptions? Is it like 1995 or something?

Is there a defined cutoff for the classics aside from these exceptions? Is it like 1995 or something?
Not really. In the classics you can find cars that have some historical relevance and were not in production in 2004, thats why sometimes you can find early 2000s models. However i wouldn't consider a 2 years old LeMans prototype a "classic" just because it stopped racing in 2002.

Personally, i would put there only pre-2000 cars that are historically relevant, or rare and not in production. However, some flexibility is needed imho. For example I would still put the 1999 Ford Focus WRC in new car dealership because it was still racing in 2004 albeit not in that particular form (it was updated in 2003 with the Focus RS WRC but still).

Last edited:
Back