Gran Turismo 4 Modding Discussion

Interesting. It would be nice to have a separate 1996 240SX without the wing.

Also, could options be made/added to disable car restrictions (race any car on any track) and and an option to disable tire damage?
If by any car on any track you mean road cars on dirt/snow, then unlikely, as it would mean setting up tire data for those surfaces for every car that lacks it. Tire damage is driven by the event data, so it can't just be overridden globally as far as I'm aware.

Thanks to Silentwarrior112's colour editing tool and some tweaks I've been able to churn out some colour changes at an increased pace, so I've tackled a mix of well-known examples and some that just generally looked nice.

1721689107083.png

1721689182145.png

1721689189080.png

1721689195908.png

1721689215468.png

1721689205365.png

Excuse the wildly inconsistent crops :D

Incredible work once again !
Question : does that mean it might be somewhat possible to make color alterations on more complex liveries (i.e. racing cars) ? I'm thinking of a white / red Toyota Minolta to mimick the Denso Toyota from JSPC or a white and blue Toyota 7 among many others...
How complicated and time consuming that may be ?

Incredible work once again !
Question : does that mean it might be somewhat possible to make color alterations on more complex liveries (i.e. racing cars) ? I'm thinking of a white / red Toyota Minolta to mimick the Denso Toyota from JSPC or a white and blue Toyota 7 among many others...
How complicated and time consuming that may be ?
It is possible, but emphasis on “somewhat”. Cars that only have one colour are a lot more work as you don’t have an example to compare palettes to. It is possible in theory but would take a lot longer to figure out which parts to change.

If by any car on any track you mean road cars on dirt/snow, then unlikely, as it would mean setting up tire data for those surfaces for every car that lacks it. Tire damage is driven by the event data, so it can't just be overridden globally as far as I'm aware.
I mean race any car on any event, no matter the restrictions. For example: 4WD cars on maybe a FWD event.

Like this for GT4 Retail (US version):

Any Car Can Do Any Race Type (Hold L2 & Tap X)
201B6DEC 10000003
D02EA812 0000BEFF
201B6DEC 10000000

(Go to any race series & hold L2 then press X. Not on the regulations screen but right before it.
After entering the combo you will see "All Cars Permitted".
It also seems to say that no prize money can be won,
ignore that and continue normally without holding the combo and enter the race.)

Last edited:
I mean race any car on any event, no matter the restrictions. For example: 4WD cars on maybe a FWD event.

Like this for GT4 Retail (US version):

Any Car Can Do Any Race Type (Hold L2 & Tap X)
201B6DEC 10000003
D02EA812 0000BEFF
201B6DEC 10000000

(Go to any race series & hold L2 then press X. Not on the regulations screen but right before it.
After entering the combo you will see "All Cars Permitted".
It also seems to say that no prize money can be won,
ignore that and continue normally without holding the combo and enter the race.)
Ah okay, I am actually implementing that in my own way, where if you've passed a certain completion percentage and have completed the event already, you can choose to bypass the requirements. It only applies to car and type-based restrictions though, as I don't want to skip tire requirements and have things potentially break.

Ah okay, I am actually implementing that in my own way, where if you've passed a certain completion percentage and have completed the event already, you can choose to bypass the requirements. It only applies to car and type-based restrictions though, as I don't want to skip tire requirements and have things potentially break.
Okay, nice.

If you ever do use that code, as in you keep holding L2 when going into a race it will temporarily say you are in a different car as well as change the track to the Suzuka Circuit if held when loading into a race or event (or practice). It took a lot to make that code, but in the end it works well for the most part.

(I could possibly, with RAM dumps and AoB code patterns, port it to another version of GT4 such as this one)

Last edited:
Hey @TheAdmiester, what with you adding events and making custom banners, were you planning to change any if the banners that don't make sense, like the Corvette one-make having a Chevelle, or the MG one-make having a VW Golf?

I could go either way, personally. But your banners for new events are great, I wonder how close one could get to replicating the originals but with the correct cars. :lol:

Hey @TheAdmiester, what with you adding events and making custom banners, were you planning to change any if the banners that don't make sense, like the Corvette one-make having a Chevelle, or the MG one-make having a VW Golf?

I could go either way, personally. But your banners for new events are great, I wonder how close one could get to replicating the originals but with the correct cars. :lol:
The weird Chevelle one was already on my mind for replacement funnily enough. I wasn't aware of the MG one but anything like that will definitely be replaced.

It makes me wonder if a VW Golf event was planned but scrapped. If it weren't for the text I'd suggest the banner could be reused for that purpose.

Double posting as I don't think tags work in edits - @dylansan looks like the MG pic was already fixed in GT4O? I haven't changed this one:
View attachment 1377095

Looking at the wiki you're definitely right that some copies have a pic of a Golf though.
Interesting. I only brought it up because it was mentioned in a video, but it makes sense that it's only some versions. There's more differences between the NA, EU, J versions than I realized.

@TheAdmiester

I found something odd on the Cathedral Rocks course, on retail US 1.0 that is.

If you drive to north-most part of the track and as you are going northwest you see a building like a tent, if you use the code over at gamehacking.org 'Drive though walls' and drive past the tent or whatever it is and turn off the DTW code you will see that there is collision data as you can drive up the part of the road that goes up.

I thought you might find this interesting and/or relevant. If you want, I can post a screenshot of it.

Last edited:
Haven't posted here in a while, so some updates.
The JGTC event is now split into separate GT300 and GT500 champs:
1724877512851.jpeg

1724877239443.jpeg

And there may be a special RUF event to win the Yellowbird, instead of where you used to win it...
1724877565602.png

And some more data adjustments, this time focusing on some Hondas:
  • Bike-engined keis (e.g. N360, Z Act, Sx00 models) now have their correct reduction gear ratios, meaning they no longer have absurdly long gears and awful acceleration
  • The 2004 S2000, being the only US-spec AP2 model in the game, now has the engine data and reduction gear ratios of the F22C1-engined car
  • The S800 RSC's flywheel weight has been brought more in line with the road car's so that it doesn't take ages to shift gears and rev up

New prize screen design:
1725545118834.png

Was never a fan of the original texture, being so dark and dithered, although I've kept itl present slightly behind the transparency of the gradient for a bit of texture. I think this is a bit more like a shiny showroom and/or GT6's prize screen which I feel are more "celebratory of the car" if that makes sense?

Also thought it would be nice to have the car more centrally positioned on screen, so I've raisied the camera, pointed it down, and reduced the size of the congratulations image and the car's name to fit.

Back