Gran Turismo 4 Modding Discussion

@TheAdmiester

1. Is is possible to have an option to mute the wind noise?

2. Is it also possible to be able to mute the noise that on some cars is very loud? For instance, if you get an R32 Skyline GT-R, buy any custom exhaust and then when driving go to the interior view. The noise is very loud, and to me sounds better when lowered. If driving an R34 with with a custom exhaust the interior noise is much lower and the car sounds much better overall, at least to me. If I may ask, what is that noise? Is it the engine?

I asked about these because I noticed an option to lower or mute the transmission whine. An option that I very much like on this mod, and one reason why on Retail GT4 I rarely buy a transmission upgrade because I dislike the whine noise.

Last edited:
@TheAdmiester

1. Is is possible to have an option to mute the wind noise?

2. Is it also possible to be able to mute the noise that on some cars is very loud? For instance, if you get an R32 Skyline GT-R, buy any custom exhaust and then when driving go to the interior view. The noise is very loud, and to me sounds better when lowered. If driving an R34 with with a custom exhaust the interior noise is much lower and the car sounds much better overall, at least to me. If I may ask, what is that noise? Is it the engine?

I asked about these because I noticed an option to lower or mute the transmission whine. An option that I very much like on this mod, and one reason why on Retail GT4 I rarely buy a transmission upgrade because I dislike the whine noise.
Wind is something I won't change as it's a useful indicator of when you're in draft. I do have a PCSX2 cheat that gets rid of it but don't want to fiddle with it as an actual feature.

R32 and R34 have the same exhaust sound when upgraded so any difference would be in the engine side audio. Not something that can be controlled in game.

This one?

No Wind Noise
2034FAA4 00000000
2034FBD4 00000000
2034FCE4 00000000

But speaking of muting sounds, that was why I asked for an option for them. Not anything permanent.

This one?

No Wind Noise
2034FAA4 00000000
2034FBD4 00000000
2034FCE4 00000000

But speaking of muting sounds, that was why I asked for an option for them. Not anything permanent.
https://github.com/TheAdmiester/PCSX2-Cheats/blob/main/GT4O_US/SCUS-97436_32A1C752_DisableWind.pnach - this should be the one you're looking for, assuming it's for Spec II/Online Beta iso.

@TheAdmiester - sorry if this has been asked previously, is there a way to hit the Garage button while on a race series screen and have it show which cars fit the criteria in your garage for that specific series? I've become reliant on that feature after playing GT7. Just curious, and no big deal if it's a bear of a task.

https://github.com/TheAdmiester/PCSX2-Cheats/blob/main/GT4O_US/SCUS-97436_32A1C752_DisableWind.pnach - this should be the one you're looking for, assuming it's for Spec II/Online Beta iso.

@TheAdmiester - sorry if this has been asked previously, is there a way to hit the Garage button while on a race series screen and have it show which cars fit the criteria in your garage for that specific series? I've become reliant on that feature after playing GT7. Just curious, and no big deal if it's a bear of a task.
Thank you. The one I posted was made years ago for the Retail US version.

Last edited:

I wanted to do this, but there are a lot of different criteria that rely on different code paths that made it too tricky to feasibly add. I might consider it again in future.

@TheAdmiester

Speaking on the subject of the (stock) R33 Skyline GTR's exhaust sound, was the engine sample taken from Forza Motorsport 2? Because when I first heard this is what came to mind. Also, the SaabKyle04 R33 Skyline GT-R video has a (nearly?) identical exhaust sound.

Last edited:
Back