Gran Turismo 6- What I Know

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sentiments feel about the same. :guilty:
Though, IF I must, I will buy a PS4 specifically for GT6. I will not go the XBox route.....(shakes head)
It has been mentioned already that previous versions of the console supported 2 games (same series, PS-ONE = GT1/GT2, PS2 = GT3/GT4) so why should GT5/GT6 be any different? :confused:
Do you think it is just because game developers are going at it too quick?
Hence making the PS3 outdated before it's time? :guilty:

Well, TECHNICALLY there have been two games, with GT5P. Although if I'm honest, that shouldn't REALLY count.. I've honestly been thinking this exact same thing recently.

I don't really understand the frustration if GT6 is released on PS4. The PS3 has been out since 2006 and in the Fall of 2013 will have the longest lifespan of any Playstation console without a successor released. Personally, I have owned one since July '07 and am ready for the next generation of consoles. I do understand wanting 2 releases on each console to maixmize your console investment but that was a trend, never a promise. Personally I have gotten my value between the couple thousand hours spent on GT5P/GT5 and that's not counting the dozens of other games I have bought and enjoyed. But GT5 released so late in PS3's life cycle that really the only way 6 would make it is with a 2 year development cycle and quite frankly I just don't see PD doing that going forward. I applaud Sony for giving PD the time they feel they need to develop each iteration (even if it doesn't reach our lofty expectations) rather than saying we need a new GT every two years to satisfy the board. And besides, I don't see any way GT6 won't be a better game for being on the PS4 rather than PS3.

Edit: and to be clear I'm not saying I can't understand not buying a PS4 solely for GT6. I can certainly understand it even though I will preorder a PS4 the second it's available. It's anger/spite towards Sony for it being on PS4 I don't understand.

Last edited:
this makes me sad.... bye bye Sony...

Though, IF I must, I will buy a PS4 specifically for GT6. I will not go the XBox route.....(shakes head)
It has been mentioned already that previous versions of the console supported 2 games (same series, PS-ONE = GT1/GT2, PS2 = GT3/GT4) so why should GT5/GT6 be any different? :confused:

My exact situation. I'd rather turn to PC Sims on my laptop and sell my PS3. I won't buy a $600 or so console just for one GT. Like one of the guys above, I assumed the trend of two GTs per console and I don't like feeling like they're just trying to delay games so they can sell me another console. I'm sure GT6 on the hypothetical PS4 will be a smashing hit and that SCE couldn't care less about me and my opinon, but if GT6 isn't for the PS3 then it's bye-bye GT.

You stick with the ps3 and itll be the same issues with the current game. Limited memory gives you limited upgrades. Like the 16 cars on track. I rather they take their time and release it on the next playstation.

I agree, I'm happy it's going to be on the PS3, as I think that GT5 is pushing the limits of the system really. Just bummed that I'll have to invest possibly up to $500 just to play the next GT game as opposed to paying $60 for it to be on the PS3.

McFizzle, yeah....I'm not sure how to explain my feeling towards Sony (frustration, maybe :indiff:) but, yes, I hear you about the time frame/life span of the consoles.
I didn't get the PS3 until GT5 was released down here in Aus., it was in a bundle pack. :)
I had done the very same thing with my original PS-one/GT bundle, then again with the PS2/GT3 bundle. :guilty:
So I guess I will feel cheated (as someone already said) if I need to buy a PS4 to be able to play GT6.

But, this is purely a point of view, and I can say that when the time comes, I know if I WANT to play GT6, I will upgrade if that's what has to be done. :)
It is my hope that Sony and PD get together and make sure the new game will run properly on the new console. 👍

It is my hope that Sony and PD get together and make sure the new game will run properly on the new console. 👍

I think that is everyones hope, no matter the system it is on.:) I also think that looking at the rumors of PS4 release Fall 2013ish and GT6 at release or not too long afterwards that we will see GT6 and GT7 on PS4.👍

shout outs to the people that cry about GT6 being next gen, the PS3 is a dinosaur, just because you can't afford a PS4 doesn't mean PD should release GT6 on an already dated system.

I think that is everyones hope, no matter the system it is on.:) I also think that looking at the rumors of PS4 release Fall 2013ish and GT6 at release or not too long afterwards that we will see GT6 and GT7 on PS4.👍
:lol:
True that. ;)
And hey, yeah....I could live with that if we get GT 6 and 7 on the next gen console. :)
I reckon I'll be too old by the time we see 7 though. :lol:

And to NSXDriver, not to seem rude, but it's not really crying about it being a PS4 game because "we" can not afford a new console.
We have plenty of time to save the coin, it just getting passed that "thought" factor, of NEEDING to update consoles. :)

KinLM
Well, TECHNICALLY there have been two games, with GT5P. Although if I'm honest, that shouldn't REALLY count.. I've honestly been thinking this exact same thing recently.

Technically ps2 had three games with gt4 prologue.

so we cant use gt5p and gt5 as two games it would mean that there is no pattern.

GTPorsche
There's no law that states a specific amount of Gran Turismo games have to be on a specific console.

This I agree with.

I was pointing out if you include prologues then the pattern disappears.

thelvynau
Technically ps2 had three games with gt4 prologue.

so we cant use gt5p and gt5 as two games it would mean that there is no pattern.

GT5 Prologue '''' GT5 '''' GT5 Spec 2.0

Gloing at what too quick? The problem is the opposite, GT5 arrived too late into the PS3 life compared to GT1 and GT3, leaving them not enough time for another game.

To be honest I will be surprised if GT6 is a PS4 game. I mean PD could easily knock up GT5.5 and sell another 8 million on the PS3 which would give them ample time to work on GT6. I would prefer a GT6 on PS3 for now.

To be honest I will be surprised if GT6 is a PS4 game. I mean PD could easily knock up GT5.5 and sell another 8 million on the PS3 which would give them ample time to work on GT6. I would prefer a GT6 on PS3 for now.

When is that going to be announced and released?

PAPPACLART

The problem is Forza and Xbox. They can't afford to release GT6 on PS4 while Forza 5 is released on new Xbox.

Just my 2 cents

The problem is Forza and Xbox. They can't afford to release GT6 on PS4 while Forza 5 is released on new Xbox.
Just my 2 cents

Doesn't make any sense to me.

I was thinking the same thing.

Me neither.

Only logical assumption is how next Gran Turismo game is an PS4 game.

GT5 *could* receive additional updates in following months/years, but the next standalone GT game is 99,9% PS4 game.

Wasting time and effort on making another PS3 game which would still be compromised by great compromises done for GT5 due to limited RAM pool. For sake of milestone called "60fps/1280p/real-time HDR" (and thank you for that PD, many will never appreciate the effort) PD had to "invent" crazy magic that still couldn't produce real-time AA alpha-effects, real-time smoke in mirrors, full procedural damage with real-time boxed crumble-model calculation, full-RGB scale in sub 3000K post-processing, real-time head-tracking for all modes, real-time video codec rendering, etc - to name just those we have in the game, but not implemented in the full scale due to RAM-pool constraints.

Next GT will be PS4 game, no doubt about it. PD will never allow the backslash they had to endure because of the situation with limited RAM on PS3 - which is simply not solvable.

However, it has to be said how GT5 managed to deliver simply unbelievable things within 256+256MB of RAM in 60fps/1280p: 16 cars on track, real-time HDR, real-time effects of flames and brakes, real-time particle effects, real-time smoke, daytime/weather, real-time ambiance lighting with lens-flaring, animated rain with physics properties, animated drivers, movable objects in cockpits, animated vehicles (aerodynamic parts, suspensions and real-time crumble damage), on-tracks physics (side-track objects, real-time wind simulation, real-time skid marks..), pit-crew AI, real-time vehicle properties (mechanical damage, tyre and fuel), real-time track properties that influence vehicles and weather-engine (temperature, air humidity, track temperature, surface humidity..), real-time weather properties (rain changes into light snow for instance on SSR7 track or clear weather changes to light snow and to blizzard on Chamonix..), ambiance effects (fireworks) - all that during actual gameplay in 1280p/60 fps. Unbelievable.

Although I would like to get GT6 on PS3, tomorrow if possible 👍

.... PD will never allow the backslash they had to endure because of the situation with limited RAM on PS3 - which is simply not solvable.

Now, Amar, you know as well as I- the limitations of the ps3 were KNOWN QUANTITIES when PD started to develop GT5 with these 500,000-polygon cars and tried to get them to do all of those wonderful things you listed.

Thats like having a stock motor in your sportscar, being told that the bottom end can only handle 500hp, and then going off like a total dingbat and slapping a giant 18psi turbo on there giving you a 'predicted' 750hp.

You know? 750 horsepower sounds great! But we knew beforehand that the block, crank, rods, and pistons could never handle that. So who would be foolish enough to slap that big turbo on there? And then go back and blame the bottom end for NOT having the strength?

Da***? :ouch:

This sums up the decision-making abilities of Polyphony Digitals leaders. All of this controversy can be traced to them, and them alone. 6 years of developement for gt5 is the root cause of our ps4 issue. WE are the ones paying the price for THEIR ineptitude. It's disheartening to hear people use the term "rushed game" when talking about gt5. 6 years?

Last edited:

Just my 2 cents

I don't buy that one bit. As good as Forza is to some people, GT5 has crushed FM4 in the sales department. If another version of Forza comes out so what?

Plus, Forza isn't even on the Playstation 3. I for one will not go out and buy another console just so I can play a racing game.

Gran Turismo needs to be concerned over Project Cars in my opinion, although SMS has alot to prove on the console still. That game could be the first game that GT has to directly compete with.

Now, Amar, you know as well as I- the limitations of the ps3 were KNOWN QUANTITIES when PD started to develop GT5 with these 500,000-polygon cars and tried to get them to do all of those wonderful things you listed.

Thats like having a stock motor in your sportscar, being told that the bottom end can only handle 500hp, and then going off like a total dingbat and slapping a giant 18psi turbo on there giving you a 'predicted' 750hp.

You know? 750 horsepower sounds great! But we knew beforehand that the block, crank, rods, and pistons could never handle that. So who would be foolish enough to slap that big turbo on there? And then go back and blame the bottom end for NOT having the strength?

:ouch:

This sums up the decision-making abilities of Polyphony Digitals leaders. All of this controversy can be traced to them, and them alone. 6 years of developement for gt5 is the root cause of our ps4 issue. WE are the ones paying the price for THEIR ineptitude. It's disheartening to hear people use the term "rushed game" when talking about gt5. 6 years?

I'm thinkning along the same lines.

I appreciate all what Amar described, to be honest it made me appreciate GT5 more because I didn't knew about all of those performance milestones. However, what I think cannot be denied about GT5 is that it's a mess of unresolved details and poorly-thought content. The game, even though it took 6 years to develop, feels rushed. This is what's the source for the wish of having GT6 for PS3. What we want, in essence, is a GT6 that is to GT5 what GT2 was to GT1, and I honestly can't see why it can't be done. They could leave the game engine intact for all I care, it's a terrific engine and the best we can get on current-gen console. If they gave me a GT6 that's heavily based on GT5 but with more recent cars, a proper usage of the licenses PD got for GT5 (NASCAR, SuperGT, TopGear), more bodykits, and a bunch of other stuff people from GTP have been asking that's quite easy to implement. GT6 could be what GT5 was supposed to be with '13 model cars, and you've got my $60.

They could just make a separate team for this, release it as one of the last games for PS3, and I think they'll make a pretty penny out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes:

Special%2520Stage%2520Route%25207_2.jpg

Drive fast enough and look to the left or right in cockpit view and it looks like an episode of Star Trek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back