Gran Turismo 7 1.35 Update Now Available: Adds Aston Martin Valkyrie and New Music Rally Races

• Thread starter Famine
  • 698 comments
I wonder if Kaz still thinks that he doesn't want the players to be going over the same race over and over again. I seriously doubt he cares as this new 800pp race is worthless and could've been yet another way to add varied grinding events. As usual, we will have to keep-wallriding-the-****-out of Tokyo.

They still haven't fixed 2 player mode, sigh, I'm starting to think it's not fixable. My second Fanatec rig is basically a pick-a-part junk yard for the first.

They still haven't fixed 2 player mode, sigh, I'm starting to think it's not fixable. My second Fanatec rig is basically a pick-a-part junk yard for the first.
Look at how long ago they said they'd add more Music Rallies. These things clearly take time. I'm sure they will get there eventually.

Look at how long ago they said they'd add more Music Rallies. These things clearly take time. I'm sure they will get there eventually.
I don’t t think creating 7 music rallies takes over a year of time.
And if it would take this much of time, wouldn’t it then be even more important to take priority’s?
For example events that make use out car classes that ain’t got one till now

I’m more and more convinced of the simulation theory, because this can’t be anything else than an experiment to test patience or something. This wouldn’t happen in the real world, its just implausible that a developer would act like this.

Last edited:
I get the sense that whoever is coding these updates gets to do whatever they care about, like adding cars or a swap they like. If no one on the team cares for OG 2 player action, they might never care to fix it.

Whenever I see someone doubting the importance of Photo Mode, I show my statistics and a bit of my history.

For a car enthusiast born in 1967, it was all about photography. With the sticker albums pretty much defining my passion. I was fascinated by the Le Mans prototypes.

So in 2006 I bought a PS2 and a game called Gran Turismo 4, and I was amazed that I could make my own pictures!

History end.

4.613 photos in GT7... and counting...

View attachment 1269002
I bought Drive club just for the photomode ( and it ended up being a amazing game too) .

I’m more and more convinced of the simulation theory, because this can’t be anything else than an experiment to test patience or something. This wouldn’t happen in the real world, its just implausible that a developer would act like this.
I've somewhat contemplated this thought. There's no way that a company can be this blind to the amount of complaints and what is being complained about and just go about their business. There's only one thing that supports their actions though, the amount of people who will still buy gran turismos no matter what. I wouldn't be that surprised if sales dropped on the next iteration though. In todays age of live service games, the blatant disregard of communication and what seems like an utter lack of care is truly baffling.

Will the error on music rally trigger another update patch days later?
Yeah, the drift rally is broken, almost done and this happened with sound of cars crashing, mine probably...

Gran Turismo™ 7_20230629213750_1.jpg

I don't know when they will fix this, in a small patch or in next update.

Not surprised, just disappointed with GT7.

Yet another lackluster update with a handful of events which don't solve the issues with the game that many playing are crying out for.

There must be only a few channels where PD read/receive feedback and it's clearly not from the places we're raising our thoughts.

With how fast these events can be completed (I didn't spend 4 million credits on the Valkyrie, knowing I wouldn't have anywhere else to use it after the three lap sprint) it's wasn't actually worth the time setting up my racing rig.

Again, just disappointed as there's so much potential here, they are actively not using it...

I do t think creating 7 music rallies takes over a year of time.
According to Nenkai, PD's been sitting on these "new" music rallies since launch and have only just now managed to finish them (with critical progression ending bugs no less).

PD's development's always been slow but it feels like their live service is on a geological time scale.

Last edited:
Has anyone else had/having problems with the new music rally no8 drift with the Firebird Trans am, where you'll nearly finish it and it goes to a black screen but you can still drive, I've restarted it twice now and still can't complete it.
Same issues here, have done it twice and got gold both times still incomplete. Update of minor ug fixes incoming no doubt

And if it would take this much of time, wouldn’t it then be even more important to take priority’s?

Couldn't have put it any better. I'm almost convinced, like, every update, that they are actually trying to test the player's patience.

Unbelievable... How the hell does 1 year and 4 months pass and we are stuck with the same aberration races that are both, low-payout and absolutely dreadful to "race" on.

We get Music Rally... More Music Rally events added before we get True Endurance races ... Before we get more actual Championship events added. Before we even get the Custom Races AI truly fixed even...
Like seriously, who the flying frick cares about Music Rally? How the hell can they focus on something that like .1% of the fanbase gives a flying dump about it?

Another ****-tier update really. Valkyrie isn't enough to save it and neither is the new format of Sport Mode races. Only 3 cars, no track, 4 insignificant race events, extra menus that nobody asks for, more scapes for the 1% of photographers who play this game...

Couldn't have put it any better. I'm almost convinced, like, every update, that they are actually trying to test the player's patience.

Unbelievable... How the hell does 1 year and 4 months pass and we are stuck with the same aberration races that are both, low-payout and absolutely dreadful to "race" on.

We get Music Rally... More Music Rally events added before we get True Endurance races ... Before we get more actual Championship events added. Before we even get the Custom Races AI truly fixed even...
Like seriously, who the flying frick cares about Music Rally? How the hell can they focus on something that like .1% of the fanbase gives a flying dump about it?

Another ****-tier update really. Valkyrie isn't enough to save it and neither is the new format of Sport Mode races. Only 3 cars, no track, 4 insignificant race events, extra menus that nobody asks for, more scapes for the 1% of photographers who play this game...
It's requirement from Sony (and Xbox) that you can partially play a game while the rest is downloading.

I assume this is what they came up with, and drip feed new ones as and when the larger updates require it.

It's not really suppose to be a mode or a thing, just something to pass the time while the game is in update mode in all reality.

And the reality is why does that matter?

Serious question?

The game isn't built around that mode and it has very few loyal fans. It's meant to pass the time?
1. PD made the design decision to build progression/score tracking/trophies into the mode

2. PD made the design decision to invalidate all of the above when the game is offline (a time when it's most likely to see use)

3. PD made the design decision to add more to this mode

For example, if I wanted to do Moon Over the Castle while the game is updating and I have nothing else to do, I'd have to go through all the preceding ones unless I go back and complete them all while the game is online (as opposed to playing the actual game). There's only so many times I can stand to pull up in a Maserati, Maserati...

I think route is quite clear. They made around 60-90h singleplayer content (time for platinum and gold most events, at least for me) and they try to encourage players to participate in sports mode: thats why we have good payout for time trials and now for gtws events.

Last edited:
Don't misunderstand me, I'm not judging them for adding those events, I'm judging them for adding them and neglecting far more important stuff to the gameplay of the game that we players have been asking for ages.
sorry, I wasn't miss judging you just saying this mode exists to appease the requirement to play the game while it's loading or in maintenance mode.

That they add to it harks to the game, it has lots (not really) of down times.
Arcade mode sort of is available as well?

They neglect a whole bunch of stuff I agree but music rally is what it is.

Edit: Spelling

Last edited:
Is anyone unable to adjust their final gear even after they’ve allowed it in the settings?? I allow everything except the (no final gear) option and it still won’t let me touch my final gear, even with the Fully Customisable Trans purchased 😵‍💫 please help!

Back