Gran Turismo 7 1.35 Update Now Available: Adds Aston Martin Valkyrie and New Music Rally Races

• Thread starter Famine
  • 698 comments
Has anyone else had/having problems with the new music rally no8 drift with the Firebird Trans am, where you'll nearly finish it and it goes to a black screen but you can still drive, I've restarted it twice now and still can't complete it.

Yup, many players have the same issue

If we can’t have full 24 hour duration races, just let us have a save progress option in Custom Races.I don’t care about the payout just let us have proper Endurance Races.
Maybe we'll be getting them, it's still too early to give definitive conclusions about.

You can make 825M credits in Tokyo 24 minutes
825M in lemans 30-34 minutes
1,5 millions in spa 1 hour
700 something in Sardegna 25 minutes

This event is not even closer
24 minute tokyo ?
It takes me around 26:30...
Can you have mercy on me and enlighten me?
Pleaseeeeee....🥴

Sadly that blue stripe is not under "other" in the paint menu, so the only option is to use stickers, don't know why it's blue and not yellow, I would prefer the latter.
The wheels have blue on them as well, didn't try to paint those, so I don't know if you can change the colour on them either.
Thanks, that's the primary issue I was asking for. It's ok but not great and I don't know how tonuse stickers, lol. I do like the blue centers on the wheels on the green car but I guess you can't easily have no stripe and the blue tinted wheels. I think I'll just buy the orange for the all black top and then paint it green or whatever color. Do you know if the black sides automatically get painted if you paint the car body?

I suppose the showcase liveries will have a ton of options soon... already a few nice ones there.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 1.35 Update Now Available: Adds Aston Martin Valkyrie and New Music Rally Races

The latest update for Gran Turismo 7, v1.35, is now available, adding three new vehicles from very different performance brackets as well as a surprise expansion of one of the game’s more unusual play modes...
oh then a valkyrie for a 3 lap race against regular sport cars???
Really??????
Come on!!!
This is a product of a code error on the matrix, we all live in a simulation..... and it is a bad one....

Has anyone else had/having problems with the new music rally no8 drift with the Firebird Trans am, where you'll nearly finish it and it goes to a black screen but you can still drive, I've restarted it twice now and still can't complete it.
Yes, this has been reported in several places.

There is no fix, but if you keep trying, it should work eventually.

24 minute tokyo ?
It takes me around 26:30...
Can you have mercy on me and enlighten me?
Pleaseeeeee....🥴

A suzuki escudo on comfort hard tyres, max rear downforce, minimum front downforce, and a lot of wall-riding. I can do 23:10, but I've seen some get under 23 minutes.

Wall-riding in general, especially for the first corner, will cut a lot of time off.

I should have those races won and cars bought in two hours--uh wait a sec... four million for the Martin while I'm working on the McLaren F1, the Mercedes, and dom Pikachu and Smurf themed Ferraris while the invite is still good? I hope the Valkyrie is in Brand Central and not locked under an invite.

Do you know if the black sides automatically get painted if you paint the car body?
Yes, they stay black, here is some examples of what is painted and where:

Gran Turismo™ 7_20230629172408.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20230629172224.jpg

the blue on the wheels can't be painted, unfortunately you paint the whole wheel.

Last edited:
It's the Gran Turismo World Series, the official esports series of the game. Yes, it's in Sport Mode.

Sport. There's 3 sections - daily races, time trials and championships (if any are ongoing at the time).
Thank you to both of you. It's just for the "World Series - Manufacturers Cup", right? Next race is on Saturday, I see but I'm on holiday for the next two weeks... :D

Just managed to complete no8 drift music rally by getting just over the 3.79 miles and stopping then the gold trophy popped, hope this helps others that are having this problem

New set of actual races looks veeeery nice. Can't wait to get home to do them and get these 3 bad boys.

Last edited:
A suzuki escudo on comfort hard tyres, max rear downforce, minimum front downforce, and a lot of wall-riding. I can do 23:10, but I've seen some get under 23 minutes.

Wall-riding in general, especially for the first corner, will cut a lot of time off.
txankiu!!
But oh my God, I use to do it with Aston Martin DP-100 and I consider it cheating... Using the Escudo is pure blasfemy!!
A very fast blasfemy dough...;)

Last edited:
Honestly, what Gran Turismo needs are circuits, not cars.
Yes. It has a decent collection of cars, but not so decent collection of circuits.

However AI is just horrible and that should be addressed first IMO.

I'll take 3 months w/o any update but please fix that awfull AI logic.

txankiu!!
But oh my God, I use to do it with Aston Martin DP-100 and I consider it cheating... Using the Escudo is pure blasfemy!!
A very fast blasfemy dough...;)
Making a game where the total cost of all the cars is somewhere around half a billion credits is blasphemy. Speeding up the grind with wall-riding and OP cars is fair game as far as I'm concerned. Especially on a race as miserable as Tokyo.

All I want is an option to add traffic in free run lobbies. It would add a whole other dimension of play to Tokyo, route x and Sarthe.

Last edited:
All I want is an option to add traffic in free run lobbies. It would add a whole other dimension of play to Tokyo, route x and Sarthe.
Yeah, I really wish it was possible to add AI opponents to lobbies. I would certainly pay similarly to iRacing if I could reserve a server with sophy opponents for my weekly races with one of my race buddies, currently just doing 1v1 short races but think if that was an option I would certainly be interested in that kind of service and get a lot of use out of it.

Yeah, I really wish it was possible to add AI opponents to lobbies. I would certainly pay similarly to iRacing if I could reserve a server with sophy opponents for my weekly races with one of my race buddies, currently just doing 1v1 short races but think if that was an option I would certainly be interested in that kind of service and get a lot of use out of it.
Yeah exactly, even having the option to add them in “dirty races” on Dayton and blue moon bay would be hilarious

Simple setup from youtube. Maybe if I up the difficulty to Hard I would lap the cars once and save up even more time.

Attachments

• 1890809c05e88-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1890809c05e88-screenshotUrl.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
There's a lot they changed with 1.35. A read through would be a good idea. Including how the controller drives the car. Important to me as I have to use it more then my wheel due to back pain. 😑
I wish they would just leave my controller alone.

Ok, so they noticed and fixed a new issue with VR in Split Screen mode, are they still doing nothing about the assists being locked on? Or did I miss that from a previous patch?
To be fixed in a future update like it has been since way back last year probably.

You're right about the wheel user having to rotate the wheel more than a controller player moving a stick, in theory a analogue stick could go from full input one way to the other instantly. Obviously that would be ridiculously twitchy so some smoothing is needed but it's far too much. Ideally they would make it so on maximum sensitivity the steering time is about the same for both, it used to be a lot closer on GT Sport.

These aren't my numbers but one of the fastest pad players on the game comparing their inputs to one of the faster A+ streamers in Gr3 cars at the Spa chicane, where you're going from full lock right to full lock left straight away, on controller it takes him 75 frames and the wheel user 27 frames. You notice it most in these slow corners and when driving high downforce cars where you're making more aggressive steering inputs.

Controller users can't go beyond fill lock on the bar at the bottom of the HUD, on some of the faster corners it won't even let you get past about 3 quarters 💀
The current feedback is that controllers are now more precise and quicker so hopefully it works better for you now mate 👍

Back