Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
I know stock Vipers get extremely hot inside because of the side pipes. You would almost certainly melt from the heat of a W16. Also, the amount of radiators needed to stop the engine from nuking itself would never fit in any of these cars. :scared:

At first the swaps were a cool novelty-
But chiron 16 in everything??
Now it's getting out of hand...
So much for realistc-
Native American Indian GIF by American Masters on PBS

Anyone think this round of engine swaps was just lazy???? The only realistic ones are the maverick on the Mustang and the ls7 in the corvette and the cut into the Subaru

I hoping for the tomahawk x engine for either the p1 gtr or the fxxk.:lol::P

But I also have a question is the chrion engine on a viper or vette possible in real life? wouldn't a v16 be to big for those cars.

Last edited:
Luckily I spent my money carefully as of recent, so I have plenty of money for the new cars and then gonna build Cayman GT4 and GT-R engine swapped monsters 😈.

I hoping for the tomahawk x engine for either the p1 gtr or the fxxk.:lol::P

But I also have a question is the chrion engine on a viper or vette possible in real life? wouldn't a v16 be to big for those cars.
*W16

And unlikely. Not necessarily because of the engine itself, but more down to the radiators and cooling required

is there any way to unlimit the max speed of gr.3 or gr.b road cars? they can be swapped for much faster engines but the max speed still stays to 270-300. swapped cars should go more than that

is there any way to unlimit the max speed of gr.3 or gr.b road cars? they can be swapped for much faster engines but the max speed still stays to 270-300. swapped cars should go more than that
Can you not adjust the transmission for these cars?

Worth noting that they have mega downforce. Not sure about the gearbox, but a road car will attain a higher speed than a Gr.3 car

Can you not adjust the transmission for these cars?
still capped at 270-300 though, I tried to increase the gear ratio and the top speed still capped at 270-300 kmh. Just like the escudo capped at 320 kmh with that amount of power. Amuse s2000 is capped at 320 kmh too iirc. I think they should work this way but I wish there is a way to unlimit the speed.

Even with the swaps none of them top 400km/h, which is frustrating. Some cars with high downforce are ok if they can equip diffusers but these ones cannot, and they appear to have the aerodynamics of a brick.
That is nuts. I kept the comment with your spreadsheet bookmarked, and I saw the updated sheet before this comment, lol.

It’s a great reference, Is there a more direct way to access that spreadsheet? I’m typically on a mobile browser.

Either way, don’t mind going back to the comment if needed, thanks for setting that up and sharing it.
I'm sure there's a way for you to download it from mobile or save to your own google sheets, but I've attached a copy here anyway. I usually only update things once a month when the new cars come in :)

Attachments

• Max speeds V1.40.xlsx
    21.7 KB · Views: 22
A V16 would be, but the Chiron engine is a W16. It's four banks of four - like two V8s joined at the crank - not two banks of eight.

Length wouldn't be an issue (especially on the V10 Viper: two banks of five), but width could be... and more to the point, all the associated gubbins - such as the four turbos and the intercoolers, and all the pipework for those, and would be very hard to squeeze in and very hard to ensure adequate airflow.

The gearbox would also be a colossal problem in this particular case, as it sits in front of the engine with fore and aft output shafts to the two diffs... but in GT there's some magic new-engine/existing-gearbox union that bypasses it.

I'd say these are truly the first real "but nobody has or would even do this" engine swaps in the game. All the others have been at-most bizarre but conceptually possible or done at least once in an obscure project somewhere.

Last edited:
I would be surprised by someone fitting a W16 into a Viper. Over on TCCOA when I hung out there a couple folks had Fox body Thunderbirds with 7.0 liter engines in them. The engine bay was full from one fender to the other.
Even the stock 5.0 Windsor V8 was a bit crowded.

Last edited:
Back