Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,645 comments
The Viper W16 swap is the only one that is remotely a thought process. As Famine said, the length is probably fine. The stock V10 is 8.3 liters in displacement, those are some big pistons and a very long block. The receiving car's transmission is often kept in swaps, via an adapter plate. Since the Viper engine has big torque the drivelines can arguably be beefed up enough to cope. Most likely a clutch, dog gears, 300m axles, and billet case will get it there. Cooling can be sorted as well. The Viper has one of the largest fender vents in existence, so it's easy to channel the air around the engine and out the bay. Whatever extra can be obtained with trunk mounted coolers and some fans.

Everything after that is a nightmare. The W16 is overhead cam, and turbocharged. The width is substantially larger. The only way it would work is to chop off the entire front end from firewall out and build a steel tube frame for drag skinny tires. There is no way to keep the front suspension mount points or a 295 section front, so skinnies it is with a basic geometry, drag only. The height is also substantially increased. Unlike having a blower where at least you can look out of the cockpit around it, this will cover most of the Viper's tiny windshield viewing area. Again, probably ok for the drag strip, maybe with a camera setup.

64957A54-0A3C-4F77-8115-BEC27F0CA849.jpeg

Oooookay, der erste Chiron-Tausch, den ich ausprobiert habe – Corvette – schafft sofort 340 Meilen pro Stunde ohne Lachgas, :Lol: diese Autos werden verrückt sein.

Bearbeiten:

Ein Schnelltest in den anderen Fahrzeugen zeigt, dass der Huracan 324 Meilen pro Stunde erreicht, der GT-R 332 Meilen pro Stunde und der Viper 321 Meilen pro Stunde ... der GT-R hat mehr, da die Federung die Räder immer wieder blockiert!

Be so kind and show us setup of swap Corvette.

Last edited:
I feel like the original post should be edited again for this simple reason. I own the 01 911 gt3 with the m96/76 engine. It's in the game. Just not sure how to buy another one now 😂

I feel like the original post should be edited again for this simple reason. I own the 01 911 gt3 with the m96/76 engine. It's in the game. Just not sure how to buy another one now 😂
Of course the engine is in the game in its original car; it's just not available as an engine swap as we saw in the trailer before launch

Of course the engine is in the game in its original car; it's just not available as an engine swap as we saw in the trailer before launch

Hey, can you put the engine swap prices on the first post? That will help to calculate how much budget we need for some swaps.

Just some sensible swaps that could have been added instead of this month's update:

K20 Turbo into the Atenza, F20C in the MX5 ND and the S54 in the S2000. All would add something worthwhile to each chassis, without being total flights of fantasy.

Last edited:
We played top speed funsies the other day... With slipstream and nitrous we got the corvette up to 360mph :D

I'm still amazed we've not seen EV restomod conversions yet. A Tesla 3 swap for a DS21 (a beautiful car, with a nonentity engine so nothing of value is lost) would be incredible.
I agreed that EV swaps should considered, but I can foresee one big hurdle for them, gearing.

EV’s in GT7(& FM8 as it turns out) currently have unchangeable gearing so whatever top speed that car has, it’s stuck with it.

And considering engine swaps don’t include the donor cars gearbox(The Bugatti’s 7 speed for example.), it puts the EV swaps at a massive advantage over factory EV’s by using the original cars gearbox(a 4 speed in the DS21) or the fully customisable gearbox for higher top speeds.

If all EV’s got an adjustable gearing option, not only will they be more useful, but it’ll open the door for potential EV swaps in the future in my opinion. ;)

I'd like to see a K swapped Miata in the game, seeing as how that's a readily available swap IRL.
Unlikely to appear as we haven't (yet at least) seen a single car get more than one swap. The NA MX-5/ Miata gets the 13B Rotary and the ND gets the LS V8.

EV restomods are sort of like pure destruction. You take a classic and convert it to today's plastic fantastic tech. You might as well take it to the crusher.

EV restomods are sort of like pure destruction. You take a classic and convert it to today's plastic fantastic tech. You might as well take it to the crusher.
If it had a decent engine originally, sure. But cars like the DS21 had absolutely crap engines (and gearboxes), so preserving all the good while ditching the awful, unreliable greasy bits is fine. Better than fine, because it keeps the cars going when their problem bits are no longer a problem.

Some classic cars would be a lot better with an electric motor or two. Namely a big land barge like the Lincoln Continental.

Last edited:
If it had a decent engine originally, sure. But cars like the DS21 had absolutely crap engines (and gearboxes), so preserving all the good while ditching the awful, unreliable greasy bits is fine. Better than fine, because it keeps the cars going when their problem bits are no longer a problem.
If anyone responds to this with "swap out the rotary engines lol" I will not be held responsible for my actions 😂

If anyone responds to this with "swap out the rotary engines lol" I will not be held responsible for my actions 😂
Great, unreliable engines get a pass. So do tedious, reliable ones, to an extent.

The DS was supposed to get a flat six, but got a dismal four pot almost literally lifted from the Traction Avant, developing almost no power and sounding like crap, for cost and tax reasons. You got a four-speed, column-shift, hydraulic gearbox (with no clutch) which was crap to operate. While the DS21 did rectify both of those to a degree - four-speed manual, later a three-speed auto; slightly more advanced 2.1-litre four-pot with EFI added later - the powertrain of the DS just isn't the point.

Switching it to an EV is actually true to its intended purpose as a quiet, smooth, glide of a car, and removes the need for expensive spares for an ancient engine to keep it running - and I bet that if Citroen had access to the tech back then, it would have shipped as an EV.

I'm fine with that. Where the engine is the point or at least part of the allure, EV conversions can piss off.

Great, unreliable engines get a pass. So do tedious, reliable ones, to an extent.

The DS was supposed to get a flat six, but got a dismal four pot almost literally lifted from the Traction Avant, developing almost no power and sounding like crap, for cost and tax reasons. You got a four-speed, column-shift, hydraulic gearbox (with no clutch) which was crap to operate. While the DS21 did rectify both of those to a degree - four-speed manual, later a three-speed auto; slightly more advanced 2.1-litre four-pot with EFI added later - the powertrain of the DS just isn't the point.

Switching it to an EV is actually true to its intended purpose as a quiet, smooth, glide of a car, and removes the need for expensive spares for an ancient engine to keep it running - and I bet that if Citroen had access to the tech back then, it would have shipped as an EV.

I'm fine with that. Where the engine is the point or at least part of the allure, EV conversions can piss off.
I agree. It's why I was actually really interested in the DeLorean EV conversion someone did

Back