Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,701 comments
If it had a decent engine originally, sure. But cars like the DS21 had absolutely crap engines (and gearboxes), so preserving all the good while ditching the awful, unreliable greasy bits is fine. Better than fine, because it keeps the cars going when their problem bits are no longer a problem.
By pursuing "better" there will be no part of a DS21 that makes the cut. Not even supercar engines will make the cut due to being unreliable or not fulfilling some NVH metric. The latest electric will beat any conversion and once unique fantasy experiences that can bring a smile will all be half baked Teslas.

i’m still waiting around for another car to be added to the enzo swap. 3 enzo motors sitting around. lmao wish i could sell them
I have many engines left from the bonanza time, the C6 and BRZ engines have only one option… the lexus gr2 engine only two …

i’m still waiting around for another car to be added to the enzo swap. 3 enzo motors sitting around. lmao wish i could sell them
Ferrari Impreza

Or Ryan Tuerck's GT4586 drift car both spring to mind with Ferrari engine swaps
DSC09470small.jpg

I cannot wait for LFA swaps. I know in practice no one yanked that engine out, but in theory that Yamaha beauty is really compact, and V10s are already quite compact. Could go into:
2005 Lexus IS 300 (I know, have to add the car)
1997 Toyota Supra RZ
1999 Toyota MR2

I would so like to see;

Toyota Himedic '21 - LT5-Corvette-C7 (Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1) in that list on the first post.

Mine has been bulged and slammed. It just needs a swap.

I cannot wait for LFA swaps. I know in practice no one yanked that engine out, but in theory that Yamaha beauty is really compact, and V10s are already quite compact. Could go into:
2005 Lexus IS 300 (I know, have to add the car)
1997 Toyota Supra RZ
1999 Toyota MR2
It could also go into the '22 Supra so we can sorta replicate Ryan Tuerck's Judd V10 powered time attack car.

Lfa v10 in prius with cvt transmission screaming at redline. If you know what I mean.
And can I also finally have a swap for mazda atenza / 6 ???

Or the LFA V10 into the Himedic, letting us build a japanese version of this:

While I certainly wouldn't begrudge any swap for that 4 pot, I am not, like it appears many others are, enamored with the sound of that V10. Sounds like a 2 stroke at full song to me.

Is it worth putting the Enzo V12 in the f40?
Definitely, it’s my favourite hypercar, mainly because it is really thrilling to drive. The car is trying to kill you every few seconds. It reminds me older Top Gear episodes where Jerremy was thrilled about supercars that were tremendously dangerous to drive. I managed 6:05 on Nürburgring with it, even with grippy tune I had to turn on TC in high speed corners because the car just don’t have enough downforce for how fast it can go. You really feel the need to adjust TC and brake balance for different parts of a track and drifting through corners in 250 km/h is proper high octane fun. It can be tuned up to 850 PP and the main part that is different from other high HP tunes is that maxed out F40 can actually be driven very fast, its not just a meme. With right throttle and brake control you will smoke GTRs and Aventadors and most of the fastest road cars in the game.

Last edited:
I cannot wait for the new engine swaps.
Would be great to have a swap for mazda 6 - great handling car with 4wd.
Loving swapped mazda 3 for LeMans grind.
Yes... It's nice in the Atenza (6 here in the States) Road Car, but I reallreallyreally want that engine in the regular Atenza so I can tune it more than the GR3 Road Car. Unlike the swap into the 3 (where the car is superfast but ridiculously overpowered for the chassis), I think the AWD Atenza could easily handle that power (maybe that's why they limited it to the road car instead of the stock car).

How is the focus with the gr.3 ? The only gr.3 swap I'm not that fond of is the 89m3..I would definitely recommend the 4c Alfa instead of the bmw

Last edited:
p78
How about the other way, V8 Tesla.
LS-swap the WORLD, lol. Kinda like the 80's when Dodge was strapping turbochargers to everything but the office chairs.🤣

Do miss the eSpace, though. Just crazy/ridiculous enough to make it a blast to throw around. Ford has their supervan, new and old, and Renault has done their part. Throw a turbo Caravan in there with the Toyota and we're buildin' a party. Where's our series??? 😁

Sure it's been said a thousand times but these swaps are a blast!:cheers:

Question for you guys; I hope it’s the right place for it. Regarding the Chiron’s quintet; which car has been the fastest for you? For me it’s the ZR1 with the Viper being the unexpected slower of the bunch, a total surprise.

It's interesting that some of the new clubman cup plus rival is engine swapped cars.
There is Toyota Crown with lexus gt500 engine and BMW M3 '89 with Suzuki Hayabusa v8 (VGT) engine

VXR
Just some sensible swaps that could have been added instead of this month's update:

K20 Turbo into the Atenza, F20C in the MX5 ND and the S54 in the S2000. All would add something worthwhile to each chassis, without being total flights of fantasy.

S54 swap would require cutting out the chassis brace in front of the engine...

Back