Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,648 comments
Only just got back from being away for work and seen the 13B goes into the Cappuccino. This makes my RX-7 IMSA GTO-inspired livery for the Cappuccino so much more relevant! I might have to update it with "RX-7 Rotary Powered".

e87413f9baaa8e0c1ae72dd16f8b7160_photo.webp

Surprisingly, have not seen any escudo, ferrari, or voo doo swaps in the online lobbies over the weekend.

Seen a few BRAPappuccino's, (ultra turbo 586 hp!) and audi tts, no evos,4cs' or ford roadsters..

My guess-everyone may be getting duplicate bonanza series motors! 🙄

It would be nice if the roulette only spit out engines from the newest updates!

Ex. Newest menu book should have 5 newest released engines.

Hopes and dreams.....

I'd prefer common swaps first over what we've been getting.
This is an odd statement as the common swaps are literally already their for the most part. Plenty of 2J swaps irl with the cars listed, same with the LS, and I’m sure there’s more than one old school charger/challenger with a HellCat engine. 4 rotors in FD’s/RX-8s, more common for an FD but also totally possible for an 8. The only other “common” swap, that’s not really common, is a V38 350/70. Idk man 🤷🏽‍♂️

RB swap would be the only other missing “common” swap

Last edited:
Surprisingly, have not seen any escudo, ferrari, or voo doo swaps in the online lobbies over the weekend.

Seen a few BRAPappuccino's, (ultra turbo 586 hp!) and audi tts, no evos,4cs' or ford roadsters..

Hopes and dreams.....
BRAPpaccino. Love it! Will start calling it that instead of Megaccino for sure, very clever! Here's mine.
d2dac57cf949fbb7bd1e471ba0900ecf_photo.webp

Turn14 livery by TheMagicSlinky, with a few of my own customisations for the 13B plant.

Last edited:

Hopes and dreams.....
I'm especially excited to see those Escudo-powered Evos. I've got no clue how fast it could be, but it might just be one of the best at everything. A new king of 3k and 1/4... although I doubt it'll come close to the LS7 Silvia for top speed runs.

Only just got back from being away for work and seen the 13B goes into the Cappuccino. This makes my RX-7 IMSA GTO-inspired livery for the Cappuccino so much more relevant! I might have to update it with "RX-7 Rotary Powered".

e87413f9baaa8e0c1ae72dd16f8b7160_photo.webp
Altered the livery above for a more Rotary-inspired aesthetic... Then took it out for some races. There's definitely a glitch with the racing gearbox - I had it just scraping under 600PP with the standard box with power down to 76% on the computer, then installed the gearbox because I realised it wouldn't go past 230kph, and the PP dropped to 536PP and I was able to roll the power right back up to 100% without even going past 570PP! Absolute little beast in it's current set-up - just hoping a future patch doesn't change the tune settings...

Altered the livery above for a more Rotary-inspired aesthetic... Then took it out for some races. There's definitely a glitch with the racing gearbox - I had it just scraping under 600PP with the standard box with power down to 76% on the computer, then installed the gearbox because I realised it wouldn't go past 230kph, and the PP dropped to 536PP and I was able to roll the power right back up to 100% without even going past 570PP! Absolute little beast in it's current set-up - just hoping a future patch doesn't change the tune settings...
Can I have a look at your suspension setups ? This car is trying to kill me in Tokyo.

Can I have a look at your suspension setups ? This car is trying to kill me in Tokyo.
I'll take a screen shot when I'm on later. Currently "working" in the office... I certainly haven't got the suspension right yet though, as there was copious amounts of understeer and I ended up in a few walls! But I'm confident I can find a way to make it work at some point in time.

I'll take a screen shot when I'm on later. Currently "working" in the office... I certainly haven't got the suspension right yet though, as there was copious amounts of understeer and I ended up in a few walls! But I'm confident I can find a way to make it work at some point in time.
Interesting, I don't recall experiencing understeer but the car tends to snap oversteer for me.

Hopes and dreams.....
Calling mine the wank a chino. Need graphics for it.

Here's my rotary-powered Rotaccino:

c7774120ac1de9a2fed2e5dec560b628_photo.webp

86bbe34f945109d7950bf9af0268169d_photo.webp

LINK

@GTboyz I'll get that suspension set-up for you when I can - but it might be worth looking through Praiano's tunes for something that works properly first! Start there, lower it because 195mm is insanely high, and go from there. LSD settings dialled down might be a good help too.

Last edited:
Given the current pattern, I doubt they're gonna stop just giving one new engine choice for each car.
The current data format supports a maximum of two engine swaps per car, but obviously no car actually has anything in their second engine swap slot yet.

There's nothing stopping them from changing that data format if they ever want to add 3+ engine swaps to a car though.

ddm
The current data format supports a maximum of two engine swaps per car, but obviously no car actually has anything in their second engine swap slot yet.
That's good to know then, thanks. That gives me some hope 👍
ddm
There's nothing stopping them from changing that data format if they ever want to add 3+ engine swaps to a car though.
Apart from the fun police, obviously. 🚓👮‍♂️🤣

Hopes and dreams.....
I got the 4c its pretty quick

Hopes and dreams.....
Still waiting for one of the latest engines to appear for me.Apart from another RX7 engine in the roulette ive had no engines at all since 1.21.I really do hope that PD make them available to buy in the extreme tab in gt auto,maybe not put them all in at once but 2 or 3 at a time and cycle them like the UCD.That way pd keeps people interested and everybody is guaranteed to get all the engines at some point,even if they cost a million each i`d be happy with that.I`ll carry on dreaming........:P

Still waiting for one of the latest engines to appear for me.Apart from another RX7 engine in the roulette ive had no engines at all since 1.21.I really do hope that PD make them available to buy in the extreme tab in gt auto,maybe not put them all in at once but 2 or 3 at a time and cycle them like the UCD.That way pd keeps people interested and everybody is guaranteed to get all the engines at some point,even if they cost a million each i`d be happy with that.I`ll carry on dreaming........:P
I thought about this. PD could sell packages through MTX's, each swap for $1USD, heck, I would pay that for a swap and you get what you want (many games do this). Maybe I shouldn't give them ideas :lol:

I thought about this. PD could sell packages through MTX's, each swap for $1USD, heck, I would pay that for a swap and you get what you want (many games do this). Maybe I shouldn't give them ideas :lol:
I agree,whilst against MTX i would pay a couple of pounds/dollars for gauranteed engine swaps.It would be no different to buying DLC packs.

A new dedicated shop where you can buy special parts, and engines, due to invitation (or reached level) .
Invitation by ticket but you can activate/deactivate it when you want(1) .. similar to a pay per view system.

1) when you have enough money or they add a new motor/match.

IR

Without the glitch, I don't think I'll ever get the new engines with the odds.
You can improve your odds by keeping any roulette tickets containing an unwanted engine. If there's a new engine added in the next update, you get to re-roll the dice on that ticket. I had a ticket containing the SC430 GT500 engine and when the update dropped on September 29th, it changed over to the Roadster Shop engine, one that I didn't yet have :)

I still haven't seen a single person with one of the 3 new swaps from 1.23, or the swapped 370Z from 1.20. Which is quite a shame, especially considering how insane some of those swaps could be.

You can improve your odds by keeping any roulette tickets containing an unwanted engine. If there's a new engine added in the next update, you get to re-roll the dice on that ticket. I had a ticket containing the SC430 GT500 engine and when the update dropped on September 29th, it changed over to the Roadster Shop engine, one that I didn't yet have :)
I don't know if I'm slow right now but I don't quite get it. How does this work exactly?

Did this last update. Had two VK 370z motor tickets, so gambled with one and got another FD (I have 5+ from glitch) while losing the VK. It certainly can go either way.

I don't know if I'm slow right now but I don't quite get it. How does this work exactly?
When you open it and it shows the prize, hit home button and close application. When you re-open the game, the ticket will still be there. Note that it won't change until an update is applied.

Back