Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,648 comments
When you open it and it shows the prize, hit home button and close application. When you re-open the game, the ticket will still be there. Note that it won't change until an update is applied.
Oh. The game doesn’t save while still in that animation? Thanks for the answer.

Oh. The game doesn’t save while still in that animation? Thanks for the answer.
This is the exact point @Saargasm is talking about. Don't press X here. Instead, just close the app. Upon rebooting the game, the ticket will be back in your inventory.

FevTTRdX0AYh3HE

Last edited:
You can improve your odds by keeping any roulette tickets containing an unwanted engine. If there's a new engine added in the next update, you get to re-roll the dice on that ticket. I had a ticket containing the SC430 GT500 engine and when the update dropped on September 29th, it changed over to the Roadster Shop engine, one that I didn't yet have :)
Does this work with any ticket? Do they all change? So a 100k CR one will be 500k (or 10k) after Update? Or a ticket for an invitation?

This is the exact point @Saargasm is talking about. Don't press X here. Instead, just close the app. Upon rebooting the game, the ticket will be back in your inventory.

FevTTRdX0AYh3HE
You can still hit X then exit. It's only going back to the home screen which locks the ticket.
Does this work with any ticket? Do they all change? So a 100k CR one will be 500k (or 10k) after Update? Or a ticket for an invitation?
It works for any ticket, yes. It won't always change but it might.

I've only tried this on two updates so far, so my experience is very limited. On update 1.23 on the 29th of September only the engine tickets changed, while on 1.24 nothing changed at all. The changes through update 1.23 might be down to the addition of new engines, though going by that logic some of the car tickets should've changed too. Here's how some of my tickets were affected in detail:

Fdz03LSXwAE2hua

The Roadster Shop engine alone was well worth it :cool:

The legendary 2 weeks of PD showing us mercy for once, in the form of thousands of engines and assorted parts for various vehicles.
You had to be there.
A legendary time when everyone was a truly united community, all sharing the same goal, happiness and excitement all around, no fights, no negativity, we were all equals regardless of who and where we were. It was the most perfect example of a truly united community when the powers that be (albeit on accident) gives its people what they asked and wanted.

It feels like it was a very long time ago...

No. This applies for every ticket but credits.

Credits- will always remain the same, and same amount of credits.

Invites- can change, but only so many, so may stay the same.

Parts- may change vehicle, but part remains-
Ex. Full custom suspension for nismo-
Roll to full custom suspension for aston martin.

(Includes S" parts, cams, etc. Part stays the same, vehicle application may change)

Cars- will remain the same category or value-
Ex. Gr3 mustang rolled to a gr3 bmw,
Vgt" rolled to another vgt".

This works best for engine tickets and S parts. Especially usefull for bonanza gang.

THIS ONLY APPLIES TO MONTHLY UPDATE!
not bug fixes etc. Mid month. And remember, when update time comes, be patient on opening any new menu tickets within the 1 month expiration window!!

Lost a few tickets when the last update hit a little early. Been last Thursday of month pretty much.

A legendary time when everyone was a truly united community, all sharing the same goal, happiness and excitement all around, no fights, no negativity, we were all equals regardless of who and where we were. It was the most perfect example of a truly united community when the powers that be (albeit on accident) gives its people what they asked and wanted.

And there was no complaints- the forum was poppin', everyone was happy and soaking it up.

It showed how bad your odds really were. Even after thousands of engines, recieved only a handful of titanium rods etc.

It also shows what the game/community has a potential to be.

If only we could share parts, like the gift system on previous title...

Last edited:
Most engine swaps in real life also involve transmission (or transaxle, as the case may be) swaps. Unfortunately, that's not coded to the engine.
This is, in a way, how the 5.0 Coyote and 5.2 Voodoo engines came about. Had Ford been able to produce a new transmission these might have had more displacement. The smaller engines were designed to fit the existing 4R70W transmission bolt pattern.

Too bad they don’t have the 10 speed trans in the game. Or the twin turbo kits produced for coyote.

5.0 and 10 speed will scoot
The stock twin turbos Ford built were for their V6 engines. They're parallel, too, and yes, they will flat out move. Most of what I hear about forced induction upgrades on the 5.0 is regarding superchargers in the F-150 with output somewhere in the 600-700HP range. There is plenty of room under the hood for one.
I imagine your aftermarket turbo kit would produce that much power. Really it's limited by the torque converter and how much power the transmission can handle.
That said, the F-150 Coyote with a 6R80 gearbox is not exactly slow. It requires a software update and part of the valve body to be replaced around 100,000 miles. The plastic frame that holds the speed sensor is known to crack and cause problems.

When you do an engine swap,some of the cars seem to go further on fuel than they did before.One example being the RX7/8,these can be done on a non stopper on tokyo or just a tyre stop on Lemans 30minutes,is this a glitch or has it always been this way?
Regarding the Mazda engines, the 13B is known for fuel economy...or lack thereof. In game it does quite well in the Cappuccino.
This was addressed when the 26B engine was designed. If you'll notice, Kokubun goes 8 laps at Tokyo before stopping for fuel. Most of the others, myself included, stop at lap 6. I've been running a GT40 and a Murceilago there. I have run the same Mazda Kokubun does: they both have the 26B engine. He says so at the Kyoto endurance race and, given the car can easily meet a 600PP limit, I suspect he's got the same engine at Tokyo and sacrifices straight line speed for grip. That engine is nearly uncontrollable in the RX-7, but if you can tame it, it's very fast.
My first win at Tokyo was with the RX-7 and a 26B engine. I ran different tire compounds on the front and back and won the race by 10 seconds without stopping.

Quick question: I have a Cappuccino with the 13B engine. I've done all the permanent engine updates but can't make PP for the Kei car race at Autopolis. I can get it down to 407.
If I buy a new engine at the tuning shop, will it be a new 13B or will it be replaced with the usual engine for a Cappuccino?
I have a few Cappuccinos lying around (cheap fan favorite car) and could just drop a new 13B into another one if need be...without the mods.

Last edited by a moderator:

FevTTRdX0AYh3HE
No guys. I tried several times. You can press x. Then you can go open other tickets too. I once opened 10 tickets in a row. As long as you don't go back from tickets page it's not saving. You can home button exit and come back to see all your tickets unopened.

It was truly a beautiful 2 weeks. For that brief, fleeting moment, it felt like the old GT5 spirit had returned to this jaded, broken website.

Last edited:
This is, in a way, how the 5.0 Coyote and 5.2 Voodoo engines came about. Had Ford been able to produce a new transmission these might have had more displacement. The smaller engines were designed to fit the existing 4R70W transmission bolt pattern.

The stock twin turbos Ford built were for their V6 engines. They're parallel, too, and yes, they will flat out move. Most of what I hear about forced induction upgrades on the 5.0 is regarding superchargers in the F-150 with output somewhere in the 600-700HP range. There is plenty of room under the hood for one.
I imagine your aftermarket turbo kit would produce that much power. Really it's limited by the torque converter and how much power the transmission can handle.
That said, the F-150 Coyote with a 6R80 gearbox is not exactly slow. It requires a software update and part of the valve body to be replaced around 100,000 miles. The plastic frame that holds the speed sensor is known to crack and cause problems.

Regarding the Mazda engines, the 13B is known for fuel economy...or lack thereof. In game it does quite well in the Cappuccino.
This was addressed when the 26B engine was designed. If you'll notice, Kokubun goes 8 laps at Tokyo before stopping for fuel. Most of the others, myself included, stop at lap 6. I've been running a GT40 and a Murceilago there. I have run the same Mazda Kokubun does: they both have the 26B engine. He says so at the Kyoto endurance race and, given the car can easily meet a 600PP limit, I suspect he's got the same engine at Tokyo and sacrifices straight line speed for grip. That engine is nearly uncontrollable in the RX-7, but if you can tame it, it's very fast.
My first win at Tokyo was with the RX-7 and a 26B engine. I ran different tire compounds on the front and back and won the race by 10 seconds without stopping.

Quick question: I have a Cappuccino with the 13B engine. I've done all the permanent engine updates but can't make PP for the Kei car race at Autopolis. I can get it down to 407.
If I buy a new engine at the tuning shop, will it be a new 13B or will it be replaced with the usual engine for a Cappuccino?
I have a few Cappuccinos lying around (cheap fan favorite car) and could just drop a new 13B into another one if need be...without the mods.
I'm under the impression that if you buy a new engine for any car you have done a swap to it will revert back to the stock engine and you will lose the swapped engine.

Last edited:
It really is a piece of cake to make a new torque converter cover so you can mate a existing transmission with another engine.
And once the construction is done and the cast is made theres no additional cost for using a different one so the reason they chose this size engines must be something else.

If you did a 13bswap, and upgraded the swap, when you purchase new engine, it will be 13swap,original-without the perm. Upgrages. (crank, polish port, etc)

not sure about something like an ultra turbo, probably lose it too! 🤔

Which is sad, because s parts are quite rare!

This is incorrect. You keep the swapped engine and lose "permanent" engine upgrades.
This is 100% correct. Edit-as said above @Famine
If you did a 13bswap, and upgraded the swap, when you purchase new engine, it will be 13swap,original-without the perm. Upgrages. (crank, polish port, etc)

not sure about something like an ultra turbo, probably lose it too! 🤔

Which is sad, because s parts are quite rare!
:cheers:
That's why I always buy three swappable cars for each swappable motor. So, one can be an "Ultra version" with S parts and the other two for tests etc.

My cars with the Ultra Turbo/Stage 5 weight/Prop shafts I have not tested because those are nice, rare parts. Scared to lose them as most were gotten during the bonanza.

Last edited:
Here's a 550 PP Brappuccino tune that will quite literally wipe the floor with anything else in its class. It might be even faster with different suspension settings, but I haven't experimented enough with it yet. If you don't have the ultra turbo, the regular turbos barely even affect the PP, so you're good regardless.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20221014234118.png
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20221014234118.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20221014234131.png
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20221014234131.png
    113.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20221014234125.png
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20221014234125.png
    127.6 KB · Views: 19

It really is a piece of cake to make a new torque converter cover so you can mate a existing transmission with another engine.
And once the construction is done and the cast is made theres no additional cost for using a different one so the reason they chose this size engines must be something else.
Maybe it also had to do with the factory tooling. IIRC the Coyote has a lot more in common with the 4.6 Triton than just the bolt pattern. There's also the issue of whether it physically fits the car or truck.
The 5.0 Windsor fits a fox body Thunderbird just fine, but back in the day folks would swap in a 460 and win up having to move everything around under the hood. Maybe it's the same issue with the Coyote. I imagine too that the "5.0" moniker was still pretty well known from the Fox body Mustang and the few Thunderbirds that carried it and the badging.

Many thanks!
Yep, I just took the plunge and verified this before reading the answers. I have five engine swapped cars, one is the Mustang Mach 1. When I pulled up the option for a new engine, the specs came up very close to the Coyote engine I'm used to. Further reading showed that car was offered with a 302 and a 351 Windsor, 4.9 and 5.8 liters, respectively. The 302 was commonly referred to as a "5.0" to avoid confusion with the similarly sized slant six that was known so well for its reliability.
This means you can dump the permanent upgrades without losing the swapped engine...if a swap is offered. It also means if you want the original engine you have to buy the car again.
That could be a problem in my case, I'm likely to miss the Silvia, the RX-7, and the Mustang Mach 1 when they show up again.
Anyway...back to Autopolis for some revenge!

Last edited:
Many thanks!
Yep, I just took the plunge and verified this before reading the answers. I have five engine swapped cars, one is the Mustang Mach 1. When I pulled up the option for a new engine, the specs came up very close to the Coyote engine I'm used to. Further reading showed that car was offered with a 302 and a 351 Windsor, 4.9 and 5.8 liters, respectively. The 302 was commonly referred to as a "5.0" to avoid confusion with the similarly sized slant six that was known so well for its reliability.
This means you can dump the permanent upgrades without losing the swapped engine...if a swap is offered. It also means if you want the original engine you have to buy the car again.
That could be a problem in my case, I'm likely to miss the Silvia, the RX-7, and the Mustang Mach 1 when they show up again.
Anyway...back to Autopolis for some revenge!
Mach one was offered with the 351 Cleveland only I think. The ordinary Mustang of that year was offered with the 302 and the 351W..

Latest Posts

Back