Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,648 comments
I think they have stopped the ticket rewards changing after each major update. None of mine changed this time round. Have a feeling they didn’t change because there is no new engines.
Not seeing anything on the reddit or facebook fronts, so it appears the idea departments are lacking.

Quick, flood the comment sections with swaps. Release them all, Mutually Assured Swaps.

I think they have stopped the ticket rewards changing after each major update. None of mine changed this time round. Have a feeling they didn’t change because there is no new engines.
The way it probably works is there's a predetermined number of the thing you get, and let's say the ticket you got gives u the thing #45 out of rewards list, and that number doesn't change. But if we assume things in that list are alphabetical (for example), and if something gets added to the any spot before 45, then your ticket now will give you the item which used to be #44, but was now moved to 45.

No idea if this is actually how it works, but seems like a good guess.

The way it probably works is there's a predetermined number of the thing you get, and let's say the ticket you got gives u the thing #45 out of rewards list, and that number doesn't change. But if we assume things in that list are alphabetical (for example), and if something gets added to the any spot before 45, then your ticket now will give you the item which used to be #44, but was now moved to 45.

No idea if this is actually how it works, but seems like a good guess.
Something like that's been hovering in my mind for a bit. This reminds me of the "series" crates Team Fortress 2 has, where it's predetermined what the rewards are.

I cracked open all my tickets an hour ago, and I got another High RPM turbo for the Veyron, and another stroke up S kit for the NSX 02 from a four star ticket.

Only, PD being PD, you won't know because there's no series number from said tickets.

Last edited:
I found a new one swap.
Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1 '19 (LT5-Corvette-C7)
…in…
Subaru BRZ STI Sport '18
52EF379A-F39F-433E-A141-39E3A4F694D1.jpeg

Last edited:
@Famine when you are updating the list on page 1 can you indicate which ones are new in the latest update? Think this would help as the list is getting a bit bigger??
I would, but it's difficult difficult lemon difficult what with all the list tags and some numbnuts who types in purple or whatever. Best I can do is same-day flagging of the new ones. Like this:

Chevrolet

LT5-Corvette-C7 - Nissan Silvia S14 K’s Type S '94 (new swap)
LT5-Corvette-C7 - Subaru BRZ STI Sport '18 (new swap)
LT5-Corvette-C7 - Toyota 86 GT "Limited" '16 (new swap)

Honda
K20C1-Civic-'20 - Honda Beat '91 (new swap)

Of course that's only four and we've seen five in recent updates so potentially one more eluding us...

Last edited:
I would, but it's difficult difficult lemon difficult what with all the list tags and some numbnuts who types in purple or whatever. Best I can do is same-day flagging of the new ones. Like this:

Chevrolet

LT5-Corvette-C7 - Nissan Silvia S14 K’s Type S '94 (new swap)
LT5-Corvette-C7 - Subaru BRZ STI Sport '18 (new swap)
LT5-Corvette-C7 - Toyota 86 GT "Limited" '16 (new swap)

Honda
K20C1-Civic-'20 - Honda Beat '91 (new swap)

Of course that's only four and we've seen five in recent updates so potentially one more eluding us...
That would definitely work!

How is it even possible to use a corvette engine in a toyota or nissan, lol.

I receive so few engines, i won't get to use them anyway.
The LS and LT engines used in Corvettes actually work pretty well for engine swaps. Most modern cars have overhead cams, but the cam-in-block design of the LS engine means it's actually pretty small, and relatively lightweight, so it fits in many cars you wouldn't expect it to. There's a man on Pistonheads who is fitting an LS to a Toyota GT86 as we speak.

The LS and LT engines used in Corvettes actually work pretty well for engine swaps. Most modern cars have overhead cams, but the cam-in-block design of the LS engine means it's actually pretty small, and relatively lightweight, so it fits in many cars you wouldn't expect it to. There's a man on Pistonheads who is fitting an LS to a Toyota GT86 as we speak.
General rule of thumb for motorswaps, is if it fits in a first gen miata, it'll practically go in anything. LS1 proved that. :lol:

K20 Beat vs 13B Cappuccino. Which one wins?
I'm trying to set them up maxed, seems like the Beat got a better handling and higher top speed. I did few Nurburgring laps with the Cappuccino already and she's really tough with a lot of wheelspin and she suddenly kick at 5k rpm, when the Beat is very linear and smoother.

Back