Gran Turismo 7 Game Update is Coming Next Week, With Three New Cars

• Thread starter notarjy
  • 71 comments
I'm glad we're getting more positions filled in lineups. I mean if that's an Evo 7, we just need the 8 and voila. GTR it's cool we get one of the final models though I wouldn't mind an '07. I do wish they could've put a big car in there like the 812 that's hanging long in the tooth. I get the feeling this is just a small update to placate before the big Pro update in November.

Also going to point out that this update will be for October (most likely October 3rd, the Thursday).
So no update in September.
It's also not the November one that's bringing the PS5 Pro stuff.
This is an in-between normal update.
I recall some were thinking there wouldn't be an update until the PS5 Pro one, so this is perhaps a nice surprise.

Last edited:
1727490260679.png

Nope, that's already in the game. DOH. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
I’m glad we get another four door sedan. I’ve been wishing, hoping and suggesting for them. However, now forget about saving the manuals, we need to be saving the two-wheel drive cars!
Not complaining, but Lord have us mercy… so many 4WD four doors. 190 E, Crown, Guilia and Hellcat are the only RWD sedan road cars we have(at least the Gordini and 300 SEL can be made to look like their non-race car brethren). Thanks to the success of Audi and Subaru, we can’t have top of the line four door sedans in this game without the all wheel drive - it’d be nice if the van is RWD.

Anyway, this brings us to a total of nineteen four door sedan road cars(excluding Gr.3 Road Cars and Safety Cars) in the game.

AFEELA
Guilia
DS21
Hellcat
G70
Atenza
190 E
Evo III
Evo IV
Evo V
Evo VI
Evo IX
Evo X
New Evo ?
Taycan
STI ‘04
STI ‘14
Model 3
Crown

Can’t wait to run them all together after the update.

So if these are all cars that are similar in bodystyle to existing cars (other R35s and Evo, and HiMedic), then this kinda feels like a "don't worry, we're still alive" update while they continue working on the Pro and My First GT content.

I'm not complaining, just thinking about the intent behind this particular lineup.

So far, this going according to plan, my educated guess that is:

As stated here:
Post in thread 'GT7 AugTembOber 2024 Update Prediction' https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt7-augtembober-2024-update-prediction.427841/post-14335623

Small update in September (pushed to next week)
Another update at the end of October in bigger size (push to first week of Nov) for the new PS5 Pro

Then a patch at the end of November (with potentially 3 cars).

Then one last update at the end of Dec for the holidays end of year 2024.

So if these are all cars that are similar in bodystyle to existing cars (other R35s and Evo, and HiMedic), then this kinda feels like a "don't worry, we're still alive" update while they continue working on the Pro and My First GT content.

I'm not complaining, just thinking about the intent behind this particular lineup.
I sure wish Reiza had these We're Still Alive updates for Automobilista 2 :D
They make PD blush when it comes to speed of communication

I’m glad we get another four door sedan. I’ve been wishing, hoping and suggesting for them. However, now forget about saving the manuals, we need to be saving the two-wheel drive cars!
Not complaining, but Lord have us mercy… so many 4WD four doors. 190 E, Crown, Guilia and Hellcat are the only RWD sedan road cars we have(at least the Gordini and 300 SEL can be made to look like their non-race car brethren). Thanks to the success of Audi and Subaru, we can’t have top of the line four door sedans in this game without the all wheel drive - it’d be nice if the van is RWD.

Anyway, this brings us to a total of nineteen four door sedan road cars(excluding Gr.3 Road Cars and Safety Cars) in the game.

AFEELA
Guilia
DS21
Hellcat
G70
Atenza
190 E
Evo III
Evo IV
Evo V
Evo VI
Evo IX
Evo X
New Evo ?
Taycan
STI ‘04
STI ‘14
Model 3
Crown

Can’t wait to run them all together after the update.
I do wish there were more FWD non-hatchbacks, and more lower-to-mid-end convertibles too.

I just hope this update overhauls the broken physics engine as a lot of engine swapped vehicles are virtually useless when fully upgraded as well as some standard cars (like the Gallardo which likes to wobble back and forth at 250mph).
For most of the cars the physics engine is great, but it needs to be great for all vehicles at every stage of tuning.

Kaz when it comes to laserscanning Skylines/GTRs
View attachment 1392611

But seriously,Gran Turismo laserscanned the first and now the last GTR. PD has all the data catalogued from this car that they had a hand in its creation,pretty cool
The GTR and Gran Turismo goes back a long way. From concept, to prototype, to masked version, to unveiling, to designing the interface, to GT Academy, to Nürburgring, to the movie screen and now it looks like the last version is coming.

To put it in perspective:

Clarkson, Hammond and May did car shows together from 2003 until 2024.

The GTR first appeared as a concept in Gran Turismo in 2001, and now makes its last (?) appearance in 2024.

I do wish there were more FWD non-hatchbacks, and more lower-to-mid-end convertibles too.
There are three MX-5s in the datamine along with the BMW 507 and Z4. We’ll see. As for any FF coupes and sedans, the Fiat Coupe turbo is the only one in the datamine. Even with the probability of FF non-hatchbacks being added to the game, the odds don’t look good for those of us that appreciate them.

Last edited:
Back