Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,200 comments
Automotodrom Brno v2.5.1 update:

View attachment 1381563

v2.5.1 changelog:
  • Corrupt AI fixed.
  • Totally reworked physical road mesh, now perfectly synchronised with the visual road mesh.
  • Missing sponsor banners added back (erroneously hidden by config in v2.0).
  • Additional new Czechia/Brno sponsor brand artwork added, and previous sponsors from v2.0 have been reworked. Previous skins have been removed due to model updates.
  • New pitlane technicians added.
  • Start line clock & session information displays updated.
  • Various texture/shader/config/model tweaks and improvements.
  • Various instances of z-fighting, clipping and flickering resolved.
  • Sections updated, new preview added.
  • ClimaxF1 lighting config added with permission.

Please do not rehost the full track as part of any skin creation. Please keep this existing link so that incremental updates might be added at later dates.
loving it!!! thanks!

When composing my 2005 custom championship together I tried to search a SimHub/CM scoreboard/overlay/hud/leaderboard for this era... and... THERE'S NONE. There's only that 2005 revmeter.

According to my calculations there are about 17.119 overlays/leaderboards for 2017-2024 but ZERO for 1994-2010. Zero. That is amazing.

This might be the most popular era of F1 ever. And no one in the whole sim racing community has done this leaderboard which was in use for what... 10 years?

Any volunteers who already knows how to make these? If not, I probably have to learn to do this myself eventually.

1*dc_mQYEZa7WK1j8qUJgi1Q.png
Alonso leader with 0 stops followed by teammate having stopped.
How about feeling like this just for a moment in a life.
Anyway, have anyone in whole AC history thought in an effective blue flag mod for AI?
They have ruined me (or almost) a hundred races that would have been epic if AI cars that were lapdown hadn't battled their position.

Last edited:
24H
is there no way to to install those updates without putting the dds files into every skin folder?
maybe someone got an idea :)
Replacing textures in ContentManager or 3DSimED works fine for me.

For 3DSimED:
Open the KN5 file, choose save textures in a folder not temporary, put the new dds files in there and save the model.

The ContentManager works with the custom Showroom as well, but it is more fiddly with more than one texture.

Last edited:
I actually don't know to be honest.

My update only adds 13.5mb to each skin.
Love your stuff but in one case (maybe it was the Vectra? or the first T78's bmw you've made now I don't remember...) every skin resulted weighting x4.

Not complaining and loving your work, I have a new disgustingly powerful pc incoming this week, I'm simply installing your updates very slowly and carefully. :)

Last edited:
Replacing textures in ContentManager or 3DSimED works fine for me.

For 3DSimED:
Open the KN5 file, choose save textures in a folder not temporary, put the new dds files in there and save the model.

The ContentManager works with the custom Showroom as well, but it is more fiddly with more than one texture.
This is a very clever solution/tactic. Ta.

@Peter Boese assuming this is the Pure weather system in this video (I'm not aware of another one with mist pockets?), how do you get the mist to look as 'wispy' and as clearly-defined as in this video (from around 4:40 onwards)? I can only get it to look quite vague and ethereal, without the form and texture shown here. I tried the same track (Spa) and cycled through dawn to dusk at all times of the year and in different temperatures. My graphics settings are maxed out, I'm also running a 4080 like in the video, but I've never managed to achieve mist looking like this. Any ideas?
(video is time stamped to start just before this spot)

1727507685597.png

Dumb question:
Is there a way to set default camera for replay?
Since some time when i do a replay my default cam is always in cockpit, and i cannot find a way to change this.

@Peter Boese assuming this is the Pure weather system in this video (I'm not aware of another one with mist pockets?), how do you get the mist to look as 'wispy' and as clearly-defined as in this video (from around 4:40 onwards)? I can only get it to look quite vague and ethereal, without the form and texture shown here. I tried the same track (Spa) and cycled through dawn to dusk at all times of the year and in different temperatures. My graphics settings are maxed out, I'm also running a 4080 like in the video, but I've never managed to achieve mist looking like this. Any ideas?
(video is time stamped to start just before this spot)

View attachment 1392641

That is the groundfog shader. You can also set humidity high and set a bit of mist in Pure Planner weather slots and you get ground fog with clear weather. Also if you use low temperatures, you get more ground fog effect with high humidity values.

I don't know if it will work or not, but I do know for tracks you can make a folder named 'texture' in the actual track's folder (not the content\track folder). Then you can drop dds files in there and the game will use those textures to override any textures assigned in the kn5 file. The nice thing is, a skin folder will still take precedence over the files in the 'texture' folder so there is no worries about messing up any skins.

Worth a shot to see if it works for cars as well. If it does, it should solve your problem.
It works well for tracks, but I have had no luck making this work dor cars. The files in the texture folder just will not apply. This would definately be very useful for general texture updates like interiors etc. Very easy and non-intrusive. Maybe in the next csp version...
Can't you drop them in the extension folder and add lines to replace the texture there?
That works, but it's a whole lot of work.

That is the groundfog shader. You can also set humidity high and set a bit of mist in Pure Planner weather slots and you get ground fog with clear weather. Also if you use low temperatures, you get more ground fog effect with high humidity values.
Thanks, I'll do more experimenting.
I have the groundfog shader active, I just couldn't replicate that look in the video.
Didn't think to adjust humidity.
Ta!
While I have your attention, I always think it's a shame that the contrails in the 'Few Clouds' skybox are only there for a short time in the early afternoon. It'd be great to have a separate 'Contrails' skybox where they're up there all day long. They look fantastic.

Edit: the size, scale, structure and gain sliders in the groundfog shader settings are what I was looking for - thanks. Everything is eminently tweakable.
Can't help thinking the groundfog defaults don't really do it justice, and 99% of users probably won't ever tweak it.
The more defined 'wispy' look is so much more effective IMO, especially when it's getting blown by wind and moving laterally.
Thanks again.

Edit 2: seems odd to have 'car turbulence' off by default too, it's such a nice feature.

1727512949451.png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back