Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,166 comments
Works for me with any other SIM.
Most of the time when driving AC, which is what I mostly do, I think to myself, why am I even bothering keeping any of the others on my drives. But then, there is a comment somewhere, an article, an update and I start thinking, I should try that. It is not that other SIM have no value, they do, but my AC, in VR is so good, so complete, so entertaining, that all others are always missing something important to me that AC provides.

Ac is not perfect, so when only driving AC, there is always eventually something that is a little bugging, trying something else for a few minutes cures that in seconds and recharge my passion for AC.
For me, no other SIM does or offer anything that AC does not do and AC does all that any other do in one extraordinary package.

Extra bonus: The extraordinary package improves daily thanks to the relentless efforts and passion of an army of dedicated individual sharing the same passion.

Fun fact: Daily average player count on Steam for AC 8,500, other sim, even when considered a success, less than a 1,000.
I find it`s always interesting how we experience our beloved sim also in comparsation to other titles. For me it is similar but can be described differently:

I "always" play AC and i always betray it some hours a week with all the other sims around. Every time i come back, but at the same time i am happy to have the "others" because they all offer me some little things which they can do better than AC.

• If i want close door to door front wheel racing i go with Raceroom. Especially since the update, even on dx9 it looks also not bad now. And i like the AI bit more.
  • If i want the extra special physics/ffb feeling --> LMU or even rF2 (Porsche 992 Cup is just brilliant) As much i like AC´s physics, it can´t beat the rF2 physics (in my eyes of course).
  • If i want nice immersion coupled with visuals and within a bit "exotic" scenario i go with the Brazilian V8 Stockcars in AMS2. I love them, they belong honestly to my top5 cars in whole simracing (even before the awaited game changing ;) update).
  • If i want rally i give EA WRC some rounds. Well set upped it´s not that bad also in the ffb deparment. I mean cool AC rallying is envolving. But i prefer a full game with whole rallys/ challanges / career over some single stages with AC.

So i play them all, however AC is with his 4000h+ waaay in front the next one (i mean it´s Raceroom with 700h) and will still be no1 for a long time.

However i made a big mistake last week. There was a big discount on ETS2 (Euro Truck Simulator2) DLC´s so i bought the whole europe and reinstalled the game first time since 2017. I have added the newest/best/modern 30+ mods and started a new game....
And i can say i am really really deep impressed what the game has become and how addictive it is. Gameplay is great the visuals are maybe greater than AC and those career gives you goals.

It was a strange but cool feeling to switch after 2 hours of racing full of stress and adrenalin to a truck which to just cruise around, chill out and enjoy the enviroment.
It´s also strange other way around - After cruising some hours with a truck, it´s partly difficult to immidiatly addept to a race car again :D

1727357520456.jpeg

Image just for example to illustrate my question.
In CM we can see both the red box collider and the rainbow collider. Box collider can be altered by the parameters in collider.ini in data, but the rainbow .kn5 collider is trickier.
I am getting old(er) :yuck: so my memory might be wrong, but I think in a distant past, I have been able to modify the rainbow collider using CM, but I am unable to remember how.
Is it possible to alter the rainbow collider in CM?

• If i want close door to door front wheel racing i go with Raceroom. Especially since the update, even on dx9 it looks also not bad now. And i like the AI bit more. Not a fan of R3E AI at all, AC AI needs a little dedication, but once tuned, it is always my favorite.
  • If i want the extra special physics/ffb feeling --> LMU or even rF2 (Porsche 992 Cup is just brilliant) As much i like AC´s physics, it can´t beat the rF2 physics (in my eyes of course). LMU is very nice to drive, better than RF2 from my perspective, but no where even close to the feeling I have in AC
  • If i want nice immersion coupled with visuals and within a bit "exotic" scenario i go with the Brazilian V8 Stockcars in AMS2. I love them, they belong honestly to my top5 cars in whole simracing (even before the awaited game changing ;) update). Since I switch to G2 and Open Composite, AC is by a country miles better than anything else for immersion, breathtaking clarity and visuals.
  • If i want rally i give EA WRC some rounds. Well set upped it´s not that bad also in the ffb deparment. I mean cool AC rallying is envolving. But i prefer a full game with whole rallys/ challanges / career over some single stages with AC. Not a fan of Rally in SIM, so AC is good enough for me, but nothing special either, so I give you this one :lol::lol::cheers:
Interesting indeed, so many of us apparently into the same activity, that is from 20,000 feet view, but looking closer we have all different preference and even within the same SIM, AC, we have "different" AC. I added some notes to show how I am different from you, but I accept your preferences.
To me AC is superior in almost any point, but if anyone comes to me and say I prefer SIM "X", I have no issue and believe them, even be glad for them, as like me, they have found something they like and that is all that matter.

Last edited:
Interesting indeed, so many of us apparently into the same activity, that is from 20,000 feet view, but looking closer we have all different preference and even within the same SIM, AC, we have "different" AC.
Yeah. And i think it´s AC´s success formula - the endless possibilities everyone has to play it as he want :bowdown:

Even i gave some examples where i see other sims bit in front, AC´s superiority is just his whole package. In any aspect it´s among the best you can get. And the most powerful argument is the fantastic content of course.

I got a CM update today , (and didn't change anything I think), and now I have this blue patch where the sky isn't rendered ... and it follows wherever I look.

1727362485800.png

(Quest3 w Link cable using Oculus Rift render mode in video options, on Single screen rendering I don't see this)

Anyone recognizes this?

EDIT : if I switch from Pure to default weather implementation, it's gone... so I guess it has to do with Pure.

EDIT 2 : I'm on Pure Gamma 1.19 , turning off Sky-domes and using 3D clouds also circumvents the issue.
EDIT 3 : no sorry, it doesn't , also then I see it (just didn't see it because I initially had a cloudless sky)

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I have 2 little issues running the latest CSP-

1/ Lap times no longer seem to record under results- or at least it is ad hoc.
2/ The Replay now starts in cockpit mode

Any help appreciated thanks

Ok, my senior moment should have had me re-install brands hatch to see if that was my problem with the 1970 mod. A fresh install of Brands gave the correct changes to bridges 2&3. Sorry gang. (I have adjusted my diagnostics) (alot of other stuff had collected in ks_brands. Not a bad idea to clean up anyway...)

The intended bridges 2&3. Love this mod. (To Quark67: I could find no instance of "bridge" in any of the configs...?)
Nevermind-FreshInstall.jpg

I'll leave this thing here in case, for some reason...

Attachments

• ks_brands_hatch-FOR-1970-SKIN_V3.zip
    237.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
The issue is caused by racinjoe013's "Bridge Logo".
I've tried to delete his ext_config.ini and the 70s logos were there again.

You can comment out

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
FILE=ks_brands_hatch.kn5
INSERT=bridge_logos.kn5
INSERT_AFTER=ZZZ

I got a CM update today , (and didn't change anything I think), and now I have this blue patch where the sky isn't rendered ... and it follows wherever I look.

View attachment 1392280
(Quest3 w Link cable using Oculus Rift render mode in video options, on Single screen rendering I don't see this)

Anyone recognizes this?

EDIT : if I switch from Pure to default weather implementation, it's gone... so I guess it has to do with Pure.

EDIT 2 : I'm on Pure Gamma 1.19 , turning off Sky-domes and using 3D clouds also circumvents the issue.
EDIT 3 : no sorry, it doesn't , also then I see it (just didn't see it because I initially had a cloudless sky)
It is not Pure in general, just reset your far plane settings in CM settings CSP graphics adjustments to defaults and it will work as expected. Do you see a warning in Pure Config app Main page?

The issue is caused by racinjoe013's "Bridge Logo".
I've tried to delete his ext_config.ini and the 70s logos were there again.

You can comment out

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
FILE=ks_brands_hatch.kn5
INSERT=bridge_logos.kn5
INSERT_AFTER=ZZZ
is that fix for the skin above by sab?

Hi Guys

Here is my texture update for the ks_mercedes_190_evo2 car.

When I first started updating this car I thought easy work since I've done a few interiors. Definitely not easy, actually far from that.

Making new textures is one thing but how you scale these textures (leather, carbon, fabric textures) is very different to any other car I've ever done, over do it and everything looks pixelated, under doing it makes everything look flat.

Once I got the scaling right then I could start reworking, even this wasn't easy, getting the right light balance between all textures was a pain.

Final product, extremely happy, car looks really good and hope you guys enjoy all the hours put in.

This is a complete interior texture update :)

Installation:

- Copy my textures (ClimaxF1_ks_mercedes_190_evo2_texture_update) into each skins folder

Update details v1.0:

• New AMG decals and logo added, upscaled too
  • New cockpit_belt texture and upscaled
  • New Fabric2 texture added and upscaled
  • New Fabric2_NM texture added and upscaled
  • Reworked interior Glass texture and upscaled
  • Reworked Head_Lights texture and upscaled
  • Reworked Headlight_glass texture and upscaled
  • Reworked rear head light texture and upscaled
  • Completely reworked interior Interior_AO texture and upscaled
  • Completely reworked Interior_Details texture and upscaled
  • New leather texture and upscaled
  • New leather_NM texture and upscaled
  • New MAT_Carbon texture and upscaled
  • New MAT_Carbon_NM texture and upscaled
  • Reworked Metal_Diamond texture and upscaled (interior metal floor)
  • New Mercedes emblem added, upscaled too
  • Pedal texture reworked and upscaled
  • Reworked scratches texture and upscaled (general metal textures)
  • Reworked scratches2 texture and upscaled (roll cage)
  • Reworked Windscreen texture, less glare etc.
  • New Bridgestone tire textures added
  • Optional Michelin tire textures included in download

P.S. If you don't know how to install these textures, please send me a DM and I would be more than happy to assist :)

preview.jpg
__custom_showroom_1727363409.jpg
__custom_showroom_1727363457.jpg
__custom_showroom_1727364036.jpg
__custom_showroom_1727364134.jpg
__custom_showroom_1727364263.jpg
Screenshot_ks_mercedes_190_evo2_grand_valley_speedway_ll_26-8-124-19-48-31.jpg
Screenshot_ks_mercedes_190_evo2_grand_valley_speedway_ll_26-8-124-19-43-19.jpg

Last edited:
It is not Pure in general, just reset your far plane settings in CM settings CSP graphics adjustments to defaults and it will work as expected. Do you see a warning in Pure Config app Main page?
ah indeed thanks, had increased VR Far plane to 50000 while trying to get rid of distant mountains not being fully rendered,
but it was not helping and I forgot to put that back...
Resetting to default 15000 solved the issue as you said it would. :cheers:

Do you know which setting let's distant mountains get fully rendered?

Last edited:
Ok, my senior moment should have had me re-install brands hatch to see if that was my problem with the 1970 mod. A fresh install of Brands gave the correct changes to bridges 2&3. Sorry gang. (I have adjusted my diagnostics) (alot of other stuff had collected in ks_brands. Not a bad idea to clean up anyway...)

The intended bridges 2&3. Love this mod. (To Quark67: I could find no instance of "bridge" in any of the configs...?)
View attachment 1392374

I'll leave this thing here in case, for some reason...
Nice looking livery you got there... I wonder where you got it :sly:

George Costanza Flirt GIF

Jokes aside, I'm just glad to know it's still used after all this time.

Could you please try with pure PPfilter?

And maybe you find out the CSP setting then. Copy back the single inis one by one and you find the modul which causes it.

Then you can try the single settings in that modul.
Please try to install CSP again!

If you have a preview version of CSP, better install it manually:
Delete the dwrite.dll in AC root folder.
Open the CSP preview zip file and EXTRACT the "dwrite.dll" and the "extension" folder to your AC root folder (Steam install folder of AC "common\assettocorsa").

ah indeed thanks, had increased VR Far plane to 50000 while trying to get rid of distant mountains not being fully rendered,
but it was not helping and I forgot to put that back...
Resetting to default 15000 solved the issue as you said it would. :cheers:

Do you know which setting let's distant mountains get fully rendered?
Depending on the track, I have had luck increasing the far plane a bit, like 17000, on some tracks, while on others you need to increase lod distance a bit. This can be done with a percentage slider, I think in the graphics settings in csp.

Check first, with increasing the value a whole lot, like double it. If that solves the problem, then reduce the value and settle for the smallest value that solves it. If doubling the value doesn't help, then that's most likely not the problem.

Last edited:
However i made a big mistake last week. There was a big discount on ETS2 (Euro Truck Simulator2) DLC´s so i bought the whole europe and reinstalled the game first time since 2017. I have added the newest/best/modern 30+ mods and started a new game....
And i can say i am really really deep impressed what the game has become and how addictive it is. Gameplay is great the visuals are maybe greater than AC and those career gives you goals.

It was a strange but cool feeling to switch after 2 hours of racing full of stress and adrenalin to a truck which to just cruise around, chill out and enjoy the enviroment.
It´s also strange other way around - After cruising some hours with a truck, it´s partly difficult to immidiatly addept to a race car again :D
Lol, i did a very similar thing, I've had both ETS2 and ATS in my steam since about 2018 and I'd tried them once but uninstalled them both for years.
Couple of weeks ago not sure why but reinstalled both got a bunch of DLC on discount and dived in.
Now how over 100 hours in ETS and 40 hours in ATS.
Totally addictive, that's for sure. I find they have become my go to game now, I'm over 4000 hours in AC and because i mod it is easy to burn out on AC i your not careful, never thought i would but for me at times it feels a bit like a chore which is my fault as i spend so much time modding and fiddling with configs and weather FX etc.

For ETS2 and ATS feels alive, driving through towns with people milling about is a great game experience.

Lol, i did a very similar thing, I've had both ETS2 and ATS in my steam since about 2018 and I'd tried them once but uninstalled them both for years.
Couple of weeks ago not sure why but reinstalled both got a bunch of DLC on discount and dived in.
Now how over 100 hours in ETS and 40 hours in ATS.
Totally addictive, that's for sure. I find they have become my go to game now, I'm over 4000 hours in AC and because i mod it is easy to burn out on AC i your not careful, never thought i would but for me at times it feels a bit like a chore which is my fault as i spend so much time modding and fiddling with configs and weather FX etc.

For ETS2 and ATS feels alive, driving through towns with people milling about is a great game experience.
Tried ProMods? Adds a lot more to the games.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back