Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,978 comments
How much was it before the price increase?
I can only do US so someone has to translate the other countries

Old prices.

PlayStation Plus Essential 12-Month Subscription

59.99 USD | 71,99 Euro | 59.99 GBP | 6,800 Yen

PlayStation Plus Extra 12-Month Subscription

99.99 USD | 125,99 Euro | 99.99 GBP | 11,700 Yen

PlayStation Plus Premium 12-Month Subscription

129.99 USD | 151,99 Euro | 119.99 GBP | 13,900 Yen

How does everyone feel about the price increase for PS+? Since PS+ is needed to play online.
I would've canceled my PS+ membership a long while ago, had it not been for my country switching to the euro - which in turn kept giving me free memberships for almost 6 months since my membership's end date. This price increase is unjustified, their nickel and diming is infuriating. Sony's CEO can go pound sand.

I rarely game online, and when I do, I do it on PC. I don't/won't pay extra to play online on console, if not out of principle, it just doesn't make sense given how little interest in gaming online I have anyway.

Last edited:
Only $80 need to be spent, are for the game itself. The GR Corolla will be available “for free”, in September. Shame players have to wait that long though. Probably that FOMO thing and probably to boost PS+ sales and Sport Mode activity. Maybe.

You need PS+ to play online multiplayer but you can do things like time trials and what not. I don't play online much but I really did like the PS5 cloud saves. Unfortunately you can't save your PS5 saves to a USB right now.

I don't have PS+ and I got the Corolla. You only needed to sign up, you didn't need to participate.
Huh, I guess that's how they define participate. Signing up automatically puts you in the points ranking?

1693439046110.png

Last edited:
kjb
Unfortunately you can't save your PS5 saves to a USB right now.
Thats bad news. I was thinking of getting a new external drive for that.
And I think your saves get deleted from the cloud after some time if you dont have an active ps+ subscription

I've been playing tonnes of games for free for years (since GT Sport came out) thanks to the Monthly Games. I've got more than got my money's worth, in my opinion.

In fact GT Sport and GT7 are 2/3 of the games I've paid for in the last 5 years.

How does everyone feel about the price increase for PS+? Since PS+ is needed to play online.
$60 a year was too much, which is why I always renewed mine during their black friday discount, that put it at $40. But then I realized I wasn't really getting anything out of it, and never played online, so let it run out last year. Still no reason to start it backup.

Announcing the price hike while also announcing Saints Row Reboot, Generation Zero and Black Desert as the september free games felt like a kick in the nuts. Gonna stack and renew the membership on black friday I guess since I still play online.

Sure. People can find fun in virtually anything. Doesn't change the fact that, spending resources for a giggle and a laugh, isn't a smart way to do it. Having a pool in your home is fun, but if you don't have resources to complete building your house, you shouldn't spend them on a pool. GT7 doesn't have a great car list, being quite terrible for some brands and/or segments, so why not try to fix that first.
Installing a pool in your backyard is not the same as adding cars into a racing game. I don't know how you can even compare the two. The "house" in this case is already built and more items are simply being added to it. One silly ambulance will not ruin the house when you have some truly iconic cars already in it. Let me put it to you this way: I have a 1:64 scale model of a Toyota Alphard in my collection, which isn't an enthusiast car or anything that special, but it doesn't detract from my collection as a whole. If anything it shows that I appreciate the unsung heroes of everyday motoring. Sure, call me an idiot for enjoying it but look at the rest of the cars I have proudly displayed in my two cabinets. Cars such as the Ferrari F40, Lamborghini Huracan, Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm, Chevy Corvette C8, TVR Tuscan, Ford Mustang GT350R and Toyota GR Yaris. GT7 has a strong line up of cars, yet you choose to rip on PD for "wasting" their resources on an ambulance.

that PS plus price increase isn't good but you can still get it cheap if you search for it :P

and then do it monthly , that way it should be cheaper or wait for black friday sale

Last edited:
Announcing the price hike while also announcing Saints Row Reboot, Generation Zero and Black Desert as the september free games felt like a kick in the nuts. Gonna stack and renew the membership on black friday I guess since I still play online.
The Saints Row Reboot being free is equivalent to someone breaking into your car just to leave a copy of that in the passenger seat. :lol:

Edit: And even funnier, Volition is shutting down, and that makes the game being free so much more sense.

Last edited:
Since the release of the PS5 i had ps+essential. It had the very great ps+collection with 20 great games for me as i didn't own a PS3 or PS4. Most games you get are forgettable and i only kept it for GT to play online. Some weeks ago i used an offer to bump up to the second ps+ level for about 13€ for the last 4 month of my membership to play Horizon Forbidden West and Uncharted.

After that i cancelled the renewal of the membership with the intention to buy ps+essential again on black friday for the upcoming year as there isn't that much on the second tier that i would play.

Now with an even higher price for playing online and being disappointed once a month about the new games i guess i will not renew it at all until there is something really great coming as a monthly game.

Not worth it for me at that point. Barely played anything off Extra or Premium, and GT7 is the only multiplayer game I play on PS5. Just won't renew and when I get the GT itch sub for a month or something, or maybe the fabled PC port materializes at some point and I just play it there

Turkey's PS+ price is still too low compared to USD or EUR but we still don't know how much it'll be with the new pricing. Right now, the Essential is 240TL(9USD), Extra is 400TL(15USD) and Deluxe(Basically Premium without PS3 Streaming) is 460TL(17,5USD). So I recommend if you can, you should extend your PS+ subs from Turkey lol. Those prices are yearly prices. I've already extended until 2029. :P

Back