Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,084 comments
I kinda like the small overfenders for the Corolla. It looks subtle and not ridiculous. That's interesting that the racing exhaust makes it a single exit on the middle. Does it sound good?
Haven't driven it with the exhaust. Just slammed the suspension and drove a slow lap of Tsukuba in VR.

With the upcoming Atmos support for PS5, I really hope PD updates the sound mixing to make full use of the height speakers. The beta works great in some games right out of the gate but doesn't work at all in GT7.

Could really add to the immersive experience with things like wind noise, rain, tunnels, and cabin sounds in general.

My guess would be that the next content update will release the day after the GT Movie online time trial event closes. Could use that "days remaining" counter as a potential reference

Yep I agree but it was holidays for one part and montlhy updates usually came at the end of month. August was an anomaly in the usual rythm. Especially with two of the cars being time « restricted »

Can I just say something? Specifically, I think that given the way that events are added and expanded on in GT7, I get the idea that a return of the "Like the Wind" event would be in the form of a mission-based race. I don't think it'd be worth adding as its own series of races. That said, I could see it now: a race at the Daytona Speedway (or SSRX) featuring Gr.1 cars, complete with BoP - or at least limits on power/weight/PP.

I'd say the same of any one-make endurances, too, just as we can see in missions like Trial Mountain One Hour. I'd argue this approach still has notable potential, especially for some VGTs seemingly made for one-makes like the Daihatsu Copen RJ VGT.

However, if/when Apricot Hill returns, as well as the NB and NC Mazda Roadster models, I would make the Roadster Endurance at Apricot Hill simply be a World Circuits event, like the 1hr WTC800 race at Spa-Francorchamps, as part of a broader event for all Mazda Roadster models barring the Touring Car. This is because there could be additional rounds of this event, perhaps shorter ones, at other venues like Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen, Laguna Seca, the Daytona Road Course, and/or the Indianapolis Road Course - all venues where the MX-5 Cup is held.

Anybody recently been experiencing hard crashes on PS5 while playing GT7? Mine will go off no lights and won't switch back on again until I've reconnected my power lead. Can't tell if it's due to overheating or something is a bit dodgy, I hope not.

Anybody recently been experiencing hard crashes on PS5 while playing GT7? Mine will go off no lights and won't switch back on again until I've reconnected my power lead. Can't tell if it's due to overheating or something is a bit dodgy, I hope not.
Had some chrashes since some times but I am on a PS4 Pro myself so cannot say about you

Last edited:
That definitely sounds more like a hardware issue. No game should be leaving the console unable to turn on.

Yeah. Happened to me after the last update. Un-installing and reinstalling GT7 fixed that for me.

Heads up: you will lose your custom races unfortunately.

Last edited:
Is your ps5 in a well ventilated place?

Is your ps5 in a well ventilated place?
As well as can be, enough space on all sides. Thanks for your help so far all. I'll try reinstalling and also giving her a clean for good measure, it hasn't been long since I last did it but can't be too careful.

As well as can be, enough space on all sides. Thanks for your help so far all. I'll try reinstalling and also giving her a clean for good measure, it hasn't been long since I last did it but can't be too careful.
These are examples of poorly ventilated places:
do-you-think-its-an-issue-having-it-like-this-fits-just-v0-did2xb9coloa1.jpg
is-this-setup-bad-for-ps5-ventilation-v0-x9w4wu4g5zeb1.jpg
lw877lpcjcz51.jpg5f9806814743a3001216bd3f.jpeg

Ps5 sucks air through the front and blows it away through the back. If the ps5 is in a poorly ventilated place (like inside forniture per ex), the hot air blown away through the back might get redirected to the front and get sucked back in. Over time this might lead to overheating issues.

This is an example of well ventilated place:
5f9805ae4743a3001216bd3d.jpeg
Put your ps5 in an open place ( like the pic above) and see if the crashes stop.

Last edited:
These are examples of poorly ventilated places:
View attachment 1283840
View attachment 1283841
View attachment 1283842View attachment 1283843

Ps5 sucks air through the front and blows it away through the back. If the ps5 is in a poorly ventilated place (like inside forniture per ex), the hot air blown away through the back might get redirected to the front and get sucked back in. Over time this might lead to overheating issues.

This is an example of well ventilated place:
View attachment 1283844
Put your ps5 in an open place ( like the pic above) and see if the crashes stop.
Many thanks, happy to report I'm the bottom picture.

Am I right in thinking that what's coming tomorrow is only a maintenance and not a content update? Apologies if it's been asked before, I haven't really been staying up to date with the news.
I'm asking because I have seven unclaimed Extra Menu Tickets in GT Café and I want a chance to re-roll them in case I don't like what they have.

With the upcoming Atmos support for PS5, I really hope PD updates the sound mixing to make full use of the height speakers. The beta works great in some games right out of the gate but doesn't work at all in GT7.

Could really add to the immersive experience with things like wind noise, rain, tunnels, and cabin sounds in general.
Can’t confirm.
I tried it as well and it works pretty well in GT7 especially when you are in the cockpit view. You can hear the helicopter over you, during rain you clearly can hear it from the top coming down on the windshield and the top of the car.
It’s always possible to talk about an audio mix in general with different expectations but GT7 clearly takes usage of higher speakers with the beta firmware and Atmos Output.

Last edited:
Had these as well in VR mode after one of the updates. Re-installing the game fixed it for me.
Unfortunately all of my saved replays were gone then ☹️

Can’t confirm.
I tried it as well and it works pretty well in GT7 especially when you are in the cockpit view. You can hear the helicopter over you, during rain you clearly can hear it from the top coming down on the windshield and the top of the car.
It’s always possible to talk about an audio mix in general with different expectations but GT7 clearly takes usage of higher speakers with the beta firmware and Atmos Output.
Interesting. I'm getting no output from the overhead speakers in my setup and others have report the same. Worked great in Forbidden West.

I hope it's just the beta being beta in this case.

How does everyone feel about the price increase for PS+? Since PS+ is needed to play online.

Here are the new prices for PlayStation Plus 12-month subscription plans. (starts September 6)

PlayStation Plus Essential 12-Month Subscription

79.99 USD | 71,99 Euro | 59.99 GBP | 6,800 Yen

PlayStation Plus Extra 12-Month Subscription

134.99 USD | 125,99 Euro | 99.99 GBP | 11,700 Yen

PlayStation Plus Premium 12-Month Subscription

159.99 USD | 151,99 Euro | 119.99 GBP | 13,900 Yen

Back