Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,125 comments
I had an idea as to why there are so less tuner brands this time around. I think it's because in GT7, it seems that we have many more customization/tuning options than previous titles, including engine swaps. On top of this, I am curious as to how the licensing situation would be like for some of these tuning brands - they may be asking for too much when compared to PD's budget. That said, I hope we at least get some machines from some of the other in-house tuners, like TRD, Mugen, and Nismo. I'd also totally be down for the AMG-tuned Galant, since AMG is already a separate brand within GT7.

EDIT: I think I also heard that PD stopped attending SEMA. Could this also be related?

Last edited:
I had an idea as to why there are so less tuner brands this time around. I think it's because in GT7, it seems that we have many more customization/tuning options than previous titles, including engine swaps. On top of this, I am curious as to how the licensing situation would be like for some of these tuning brands - they may be asking for too much when compared to PD's budget. That said, I hope we at least get some machines from some of the other in-house tuners, like TRD, Mugen, and Nismo. I'd also totally be down for the AMG-tuned Galant, since AMG is already a separate brand within GT7.

EDIT: I think I also heard that PD stopped attending SEMA. Could this also be related?
:lol:I was just about to type a similar thing, to your second sentence, in a different thread. It is a bit of a problem. We may not see many cars of a certain type do to too many customisation options, in this game. The look we can recreate, just seems no need(I guess, by PD) to add a production based race car like, Calsonic R32 or Schnitzer M3 or Alpine A110 GT4.

Now, SEMA is another thing. We don’t have parts to build a car like the Maverick and similar era cars to the Wicked. It’s a tough one to call without PD giving us answers to why not this and that.

The last SEMA PD went to was 2018, which was the Maverick. The only car from there we're still expecting is the 2017-winning Civic.

I'd say there's a few reasons. Part of it is not having the SEMA winner guaranteed inclusion (or the Tokyo Auto Show for a few of the GT4 cars). Some of it is just that the car count still isn't all the way back so priorities could be elsewhere first. Some of it is tuned cars being included but under the parent brand (think the 86 GRMN or the BRZ Drift Car). And some of it might be just how they're a bit more reticent to stuff the roster with duplicates nowadays than they used to be.

We have the two Amuses and the RE Amemiya in addition to some SEMA cars, so they're definitely not just anti-tuner cars completely.

Something that would be cool as an auxiliary to this is if certain tuning parts were branded for each car.

What I mean is, if you buy an McLaren Mercedes SLR, the parts you can buy are branded with AMG badges.

If you buy an 86, you get GRMN/TRD badged parts.

From a realism perspective, though, it would actually be a bit “restrictive” and not representative of real tuning, as IRL, a lot of parts you get are generally third-party. If you wanted to have a hybrid of the two approaches (current system and proposed system), you could have manufacturer badging only for racing parts.

A third solution is original sponsor branding for parts. Maybe each sponsor focuses on a specific make or set of makes.

Only thing with that, though, is that it can take the immersion out of it. I think, for that, the sponsors need some context and history that can ground them, make them feel more real. Maybe, if they can’t be fit into real world history, they could be part of GT history.

“N2O Racing Equipment has its roots in Gran Turismo Association (GTA) sanctioned events stretching back decades. Their range of tuning parts was initially marketed to competitors in Group 4 racing series’ across Asia, but after early success, they soon expanded their operations worldwide.

A particularly notable page in their history is the high-heat tyre war spanning from 2001 to 2004, where they battled for outright victory against Auto Plus. N2O’s soft slicks proved dominant over one lap, but Auto Plus’ harder compounds won the long game.

Teams equipped with N2O sets would often have to go aggressive, using up their soft set early, and utilising that buffer to switch to a harder, slower tyre. It was not an uncommon sight for cars running Auto Plus tyres to close that gap over the course of a stint, bringing themselves back into the race in the closing stages and battling it out until the flag dropped.

Outside of motorsport, N2O also provides various tuning options for road cars, mainly focusing on Asian cars. A wide gamut of parts are available, from air filters and ECU tunes, to tried and tested racing transmissions and brake systems.”

Last edited:
:lol:I was just about to type a similar thing, to your second sentence, in a different thread. It is a bit of a problem. We may not see many cars of a certain type do to too many customisation options, in this game. The look we can recreate, just seems no need(I guess, by PD) to add a production based race car like, Calsonic R32 or Schnitzer M3 or Alpine A110 GT4.
Customisation only goes so far. Until we can modify the interior, we can't recreate authentic race cars. This is a frustrating omission as it must be relatively simple for PD to offer a stripped interior, race seat & wheel. I also don't understand why PD don't release more Touring Car spec models. The likes of the Silvia aren't technically exact recreations of the real thing. It's only based on the GT300. PD could easily produce Touring Car versions of the R32 Nismo, RS500, E30 M3 etc. They've already modeled numerous aero options.

Some may see this as padding with duplicate models. But for me race versions of Group A specials would be a valuable addition. Oh, and on the tuner front, there should always be a place in Gran Turismo for the likes of the Mines GT-R's & Spoon Civic's
Now, SEMA is another thing. We don’t have parts to build a car like the Maverick and similar era cars to the Wicked. It’s a tough one to call without PD giving us answers to why not this and that.
SEMA is a very US centric show and the muscle car builds don't have widespread appeal. Still very interesting cars, but I think there'll be much greater interest in the Civic that's still to come.

Customisation only goes so far. Until we can modify the interior, we can't recreate authentic race cars. This is a frustrating omission as it must be relatively simple for PD to offer a stripped interior, race seat & wheel. I also don't understand why PD don't release more Touring Car spec models. The likes of the Silvia aren't technically exact recreations of the real thing. It's only based on the GT300. PD could easily produce Touring Car versions of the R32 Nismo, RS500, E30 M3 etc. They've already modeled numerous aero options.

Some may see this as padding with duplicate models. But for me race versions of Group A specials would be a valuable addition. Oh, and on the tuner front, there should always be a place in Gran Turismo for the likes of the Mines GT-R's & Spoon Civic's

SEMA is a very US centric show and the muscle car builds don't have widespread appeal. Still very interesting cars, but I think there'll be much greater interest in the Civic that's still to come.
Widespread over all car culture? Of course muscle cars do.
TAS
1693003667604.jpeg

1693003761064.jpeg

1693003796725.jpeg

Hmm, Japan have heavy influences from USA car culture. Those influences can be in TokyoSuto Salon events. The way muscle car builds go, those influences can also be seen in cars from custom Nissan Bluebirds to an A80 Supras.
Hot Rod MX-5 at TAS
1693003869559.jpeg

That was probably the reason Kaz chose the Buick as the first SEMA GT AWARD recipient and muscle & pony cars after that. To spread car knowledge to players in the east. The same as the first Gran Turismo introducing the Imprezas and Evos to players in the west.

A third solution is original sponsor branding for parts. Maybe each sponsor focuses on a specific make or set of makes.
This gives me Forza motorsport 2 and 3 vibes. I always tried adding the manufacture decals of said parts that were installed, too.

I'd actually love to see that implemented.

Finished the race but for some reason didn't get any points. Do i have to redo it?
Your points will not show on the leaderboard until the end of the final race in your region. However you should have seen some points on the results screen in your race.

I had an idea as to why there are so less tuner brands this time around. I think it's because in GT7, it seems that we have many more customization/tuning options than previous titles, including engine swaps.
That’s a poor excuse if you ask me, but who knows.
That said, I hope we at least get some machines from some of the other in-house tuners, like TRD, Mugen, and Nismo.
I totally agree. I would even go a step further and say there’s hardly anything I want more than the return of all in-house tuner cars from previous games. Or at the very least give us the bodykits and wheels from said companies so that we can recreate a 400R or a Z-tune instead of buying one. But then I’d still be annoyed that we can’t customise the interiors, lol.

Soo, how to get the new Corolla? I thought racing the online race would gift it to you, but apparently not?
As explained several times previously in this thread (and the Toyota GR GT Cup thread, and the 1.36 thread), you need to enter any round of the 2023 Toyota Gazoo Racing GT Cup in order to be eligible for the award. If you have not previously entered, then your last chance is today, in the race that actually uses the car, but you don't need to have entered this race specifically if you have entered any other previous round.

The round is not complete until every region has had all of its races. At that point all of the points scores worldwide will be added to the leaderboards.

After that, on Monday August 28, the car will be delivered to "Gifts" to all players who met these requirements.

Widespread over all car culture? Of course muscle cars do.
TAS
View attachment 1282789
View attachment 1282790
View attachment 1282791
Hmm, Japan have heavy influences from USA car culture. Those influences can be in TokyoSuto Salon events. The way muscle car builds go, those influences can also be seen in cars from custom Nissan Bluebirds to an A80 Supras.
Hot Rod MX-5 at TAS
View attachment 1282792

That was probably the reason Kaz chose the Buick as the first SEMA GT AWARD recipient and muscle & pony cars after that. To spread car knowledge to players in the east. The same as the first Gran Turismo introducing the Imprezas and Evos to players in the west.
I certainly respect the US muscle car market and tuning scene. But other than North America, Australia, and parts of South America, I don't think there's much of a following. If PD wanted to showcase these cars I think they'd have been better releasing '60's Trans Am and '80's IMSA GTO/GTU cars. I also enjoy the latest track focused models like the Camaro in GT7.

As I said, I think the SEMA Civic (if it arrives) will be the most popular SEMA car.

I certainly respect the US muscle car market and tuning scene. But other than North America, Australia, and parts of South America, I don't think there's much of a following. If PD wanted to showcase these cars I think they'd have been better releasing '60's Trans Am and '80's IMSA GTO/GTU cars. I also enjoy the latest track focused models like the Camaro in GT7.

As I said, I think the SEMA Civic (if it arrives) will be the most popular SEMA car.
PD did answer that call with GT2. A plethora of Muscle cars with T/A Racing Modifications(heaps) to boot. All the way through GT6. A handful of GT Awards cars, mimicking the Trans-Am era, to showcase.
Remember, we also have a whole grid of NASCAR licenced vehicles in GT5 & GT6(not to mention a sneaky hidden NASCAR Taurus in GT2). Shame we don’t have those cars now, with the added USA courses in GT7.

Sure, the EG6 is pretty much an icon, in the way the MX-5 re-sparked the sports car/convertible revolution. It was an eye opener of a car for me, in the first Gran Turismo. I’ve mentioned plenty times of the GT demo featuring an EG6 pestering a Corvette, around Grand Valley. I have no doubts the Robles EG will be extremely popular, once added to the game. I can do without the front & rear aero(be nice to delete the rear wing like we can do on the Rampage Camaro).

but still i don't expect content update more like bug fixes
Yeah, definitely no content updates. But also regarding bug fixes, they will have to be server-side only. If the game doesn't download anything, they won't be able to fix anything that isn't server-side fixable.

Every single announced server maintenance in GT7 so far has ended up being an update of some kind, they don't really do "just server maintenance" (at least announced ones).
I think they're actually just required to report any server maintenance, considering how this operation impacts on the game. So we shouldn't be too optimistic about the possibility that there are updates on the way, even server-side. It could really just be server maintenance. We'll see, however.

Last edited:
Yeah, definitely no content updates. But also regarding bug fixes, they will have to be server-side only. If the game doesn't download anything, they won't be able to fix anything that isn't server-side fixable.

I think they're actually just required to report any server maintenance, considering how this operation impacts on the game. So we shouldn't be too optimistic about the possibility that there are updates on the way, even server-side. It could really just be server maintenance. We'll see, however.
Update/Patch will come with this maintenance. Most likely a patch seeing as though we've had no content teasers. Im 99.99% sure we haven't had a maintenance without one or the other.

Last edited:
Back