Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,432 comments
I’m a little late on the reply but in my post history somewhere I did a breakdown on how Seattle would’ve needed to be changed...
I remember your posting that back in the day mate.

My 2¢ worth on the authenticity thing:
IMHO there's no need for a track to match reality unless it's touted as being, say, the 2023 version.

We've had historic versions of tracks in GT. Seattle could simply be one of them.

The prices are fine. It’s all the reasonable grievances as to it being poorly implemented,….by design.
True, if they increased the prize money and made it so you didn't have to grind your **** off for an hour to get 1.5 million (clean driving, of course) on the same circuit, I wouldn't have so much of an issue.
In this way, in order to get the Daytona Coupe you'd need to do the same one hour race about 13 times (13 hours)
That's just one car.

I prefer that thousand times more than what they did in that other game... 500k for most expensive car xD?
Nah, I prefer the other game's design. It's a game after all, not an occupation or career.

An idle thought: I'm replaying the café missions as a full VR playthrough, and given part of the point of the café is to go through car history, I wish they'd have done more to expand on that concept in the races themselves instead of just having text everyone skips through.

Take the GT-R menu: You could have had a set of races where you first use the Hakosuka, then the Kenmeri, and then the R32/33/34/35 in order so you actually see the progression in history of the GT-R. Or the Gr.1 series could be a LM protoype history lesson: a race in the Group Cs, then a race in the 908/'11 R18, then a race in the '15-'16 cars, then one in the GR010. Or the SEMA book could have been each SEMA winner in order.

It feels like the whole car history idea in the café is one that they kind of flirted with but then didn't fully execute on, and it could have been fun if they'd leaned into it more.

@05XR8 I can now confirm that yes the limit is 2K for cars in the garage which is lame since it means you cant buy every car in every color/livery from BC. :crazy:

Edit - or maybe you can if you don't have alot of X20 cars like I do.:)

I can understand this limit on PS4 but why on PS5?
Gran Turismo® 7_20231007104856.jpg

Last edited:
@05XR8 I can now confirm that yes the limit is 2K for cars in the garage which is lame since it means you cant buy every car in every color/livery from BC. :crazy:

View attachment 1293272
I think at this point, the game should just link you to a job application page upon booting up. :lol:

View attachment 1293272
Start a new user account and do it again. :lol:

Seriously that's some discovery you made there.

View attachment 1293272
Good stuff. 👍 Still probably won’t be enough. Cars like Ferraris, Aston Martins and Veyrons, with dang near 30 colours each, will jack up the car count. :lol::sly:

Hey, if someone wants to start a thread and do the calculation of how many cars there are in every colour, would be helpful for eccentric collectors. ;)

Good stuff. 👍 Still probably won’t be enough. Cars like Ferraris, Aston Martins and Veyrons, with dang near 30 colours each, will jack up the car count. :lol::sly:

Hey, if someone wants to start a thread and do the calculation of how many cars there are in every colour, would be helpful for eccentric collectors. ;)
The KudosPrime car list might help with that, but I don’t remember if it lists paint colors.

An idle thought: I'm replaying the café missions as a full VR playthrough, and given part of the point of the café is to go through car history, I wish they'd have done more to expand on that concept in the races themselves instead of just having text everyone skips through.

Take the GT-R menu: You could have had a set of races where you first use the Hakosuka, then the Kenmeri, and then the R32/33/34/35 in order so you actually see the progression in history of the GT-R. Or the Gr.1 series could be a LM protoype history lesson: a race in the Group Cs, then a race in the 908/'11 R18, then a race in the '15-'16 cars, then one in the GR010. Or the SEMA book could have been each SEMA winner in order.

It feels like the whole car history idea in the café is one that they kind of flirted with but then didn't fully execute on, and it could have been fun if they'd leaned into it more.
"is one that they kind of flirted with but then didn't fully execute on"

This is literally how Gran Turismo feels since 2010 lmao

I love GT and I love GT7, but is what it is

People would probably have complained even more about the lack of freedom but it does sound cool. Maybe for GT8 the Cafe could be its own separate mode instead of a replacement for the campaign, and they'd do it like that.

I have no reason to lie.;)
The hard part now if finding which cars I could discard to make room for more of my favorites. :)

Yup I am believing you when you said 2000 but the calculation was easy as there is 440 ish model in total
If you want one of each color available
Time would be the metric for either used cars and legendary
The 512 BB has at least 15 paints I guess and the rotation for each would be lengthy

So I did the counting if you own 1 of each car from BC in every color/livery you will have a total of 1868 Cars.

America - 284 Cars In total.
Asia-Pacific - 605 Cars In Total
Europe - 979 Cars In Total

That's not counting the cars from the LCD/UCD.

Does anyone know how many cars there are in the LCD/UCD?

Last edited:
rFactor 2's new online system seems... familiar :D

image.png

Jokes aside it's still a bit different from GT7 and maybe it's something PD could look at. At least at the moment on top of the safety rank gating, Race A rotates between 3 events, Race B rotates between 2 events and Race C doesn't rotate.

If I was in charge of GT7.

1. All races to start from either a standing start or a double file rolling start. This has been in previous GT games.
2. All races will be preceded by a practice session to set the grid. This was in all GT games up to GT3 and to championship races in GT4
3. The NLS championship would be added mixing mostly 4 hour races with the odd 6 hour race. This would be scaled to 100%, 50%, 25% and 10% with scaled payouts. Yes that's a championship of endurance races.
4. Add the 24 hours series. This is on the 24 hour layout of the ring. It is not a championship but finishing positions get you into pole session for the 24 hours. Again full length or scaled.

All of the above is code work.

5. Add the Porsche and Cadillac hyper cars, any LMP2 car and the Sebring track. This is doable as a monthly update.
6. This would then create the Weather tech endurance championship. Daytona 24 hours, Sebring 12 hours, 6 hours of the Glen and petite Le mans.

7. Add a daily log on bonus like GT5/6 had.
8. Add the online seasonal races and time attacks that GT5 had. The tracks for this to come from the track editor from GT5/6 so it remains a fresh contest.
9. Add time attack for all, stock, car and track combinations which get reset once a month. This to come with notification when someone on you friend list beats your time.

Last edited:
So I did the counting if you own 1 of each car from BC in every color/livery you will have a total of 1868 Cars.

America - 284 Cars In total.
Asia-Pacific - 605 Cars In Total
Europe - 979 Cars In Total

That's not counting the cars from the LCD/UCD.

Does anyone know how many cars there are in the LCD/UCD?
Would have to look here

If you have every LCD/UCD not in BC, just go to Livery editor, create a standard livery with the default colour, save that and then view that saved livery. You’ll be able to see each colour available for that car.

Last edited:
Would have to look here

If you have every LCD/UCD not in BC, just go to Livery editor, create a standard livery with the default colour, save that and then view that saved livery. You’ll be able to see each colour available for that car.
Using the data from this thread which says there are 71 LCD cars and 71 UCD that adds up to over 2000 cars and that's not even counting the multiple color/livery for each car in the lcd/ucd, So in other words you cant never own every car in every color/livery in GT7 with the 2K car limit.

Really disappointing since that's what I would had love to achieve.

Last edited:
What I can't understand in GT7 is why they thought it would be a great idea to price cars according to their real life values? It's a game, it's not reality.
Should just have every cars unlocked since the beginning and give you freedom to try whatever you want.

And the older GT is even worse to just have cars that aren't sold, forcing you to complete events (especially 24 hours one ughhh) but why it's not complained?

"is one that they kind of flirted with but then didn't fully execute on"

This is literally how Gran Turismo feels since 2010 lmao

I love GT and I love GT7, but is what it is
Couldn't have said it better.

It's a repeated cycle of building on new ideas, yet also deciding to completely scrap the things that worked well in past installments. 🤷🏻‍♂️

And the older GT is even worse to just have cars that aren't sold, forcing you to complete events (especially 24 hours one ughhh) but why it's not complained?
Because the requirements to unlock most of the cars in the earlier games outside of endurances weren't that hard? I mean, once you know how each of the classic era GTs work; unlocking cars can be pretty easy in most cases. Especially with Gran Turismo 1 & 2, most of the time; you just need a fast car and you can sweep through races at ease.

The 24 hour races were only an issue in GT4 & 5, but both games have different solutions for that. For GT4, you can use B-Spec mode to speed up races 3x. Making 24 hour races more like 8 hours, you also can swap between an A.I. driver and you during pit sessions. In Gran Turismo 5, I'm pretty sure PD added a save feature to fix the endurance issue.

I will say GT3 and 4 do get rather boring in the later half of their campaigns though.

GT7 should've scrapped the Group structure after GT Sport because it's stupid. The cars should be grouped together based on their class in real life, not some stupid ruleset made up by PD. Here's how I'd divide them:

Instead of Group 1, have Group C, LMP1, LMP1-H and Hypercar/LMdH
Instead of Group 2, have Super GT 08, Super GT 16 and GT1-98
Instead of Group 3, have GT3, GTE, GT1 and GT2
Instead of Group 4, have GT4 (like real life, only RWD), DTM 93 and TCR

Cars that don't fit into any of these categories should be thrown away. Yes, there may be more classes be it would be a lot easier to balance the competition if they were split this way.

Last edited:
GT7 should've scrapped the Group structure after GT Sport because it's stupid. The cars should be grouped together based on their class in real life, not some stupid ruleset made up by PD. Here's how I'd divide them:

Instead of Group 1, have Group C, LMP1, LMP1-H and Hypercar/LMdH
Instead of Group 2, have Super GT 08, Super GT 16 and GT1-98
Instead of Group 3, have GT3, GTE, GT1 and GT2
Instead of Group 4, have GT4 (like real life, only RWD), DTM 93 and TCR

Cars that don't fit into any of these categories should be thrown away. Yes, there may be more classes be it would be a lot easier to balance the competition if they were split this way.
never gonna happen , also GT always mixed classes since GT1 - Groups only need sub classes to fix it

never gonna happen , also GT always mixed classes since GT1 - Groups only need sub classes to fix it
And that was with six cars for about 13-14 years! I think Super GT pretty much stayed its solo class until GT7, mixing in the #2 CLK.
Also, off the top of my head, GT5 was the only GT over six cars, which actually had an official GT3 grid.

And that was with six cars for about 13-14 years! I think Super GT pretty much stayed its solo class until GT7, mixing in the #2 CLK.
Also, off the top of my head, GT5 was the only GT over six cars, which actually had an official GT3 grid.
There been events with just Super GT cars in GT3/4 but they did mix them in endurace races

as you can see here https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki/Grand_Valley_300_km_(GT4)

Last edited:
Back