Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,432 comments
Because the requirements to unlock most of the cars in the earlier games outside of endurances weren't that hard? I mean, once you know how each of the classic era GTs work; unlocking cars can be pretty easy in most cases. Especially with Gran Turismo 1 & 2, most of the time; you just need a fast car and you can sweep through races at ease.

The 24 hour races were only an issue in GT4 & 5, but both games have different solutions for that. For GT4, you can use B-Spec mode to speed up races 3x. Making 24 hour races more like 8 hours, you also can swap between an A.I. driver and you during pit sessions. In Gran Turismo 5, I'm pretty sure PD added a save feature to fix the endurance issue.

I will say GT3 and 4 do get rather boring in the later half of their campaigns though.
Yeah boring, holds no value. No point to keep making campaigns regardless if GT7's not done as well as those.

And it's obviously a relic of the past that is worthless in present time, speaking up of those only fuels blind nostalgia.

Easy unlock is still less preferable over having everything since the start to freely race how you want.

GT7 should've scrapped the Group structure after GT Sport because it's stupid. The cars should be grouped together based on their class in real life, not some stupid ruleset made up by PD. Here's how I'd divide them:

Instead of Group 1, have Group C, LMP1, LMP1-H and Hypercar/LMdH
Instead of Group 2, have Super GT 08, Super GT 16 and GT1-98
Instead of Group 3, have GT3, GTE, GT1 and GT2
Instead of Group 4, have GT4 (like real life, only RWD), DTM 93 and TCR

Cars that don't fit into any of these categories should be thrown away. Yes, there may be more classes be it would be a lot easier to balance the competition if they were split this way.
Might not be needed.

All that actually needs to be done is have the subclass car have an appropriate/associated #value, then restrict events using that system instead. BOP can then be applied to cars that share the subclass #value and are in the same Gr class. If the Gr class is selected with no subclass, we just get the standard BOP.

Making brand new classes for everything is overkill.

@Chikane_GTR
That is what I was expecting regarding the 2k limit you encountered
That you will not be able to own each variant of all the cars available
Sorry that your goal cannot be made to collect them all
But again your ne t trouble would be to wait for all variant from either the UCD and the LCD as I am waiting myself for a red 512 BB that never showed up for me. 😅

Last edited:
@Chikane_GTR
That is what I was expecting regarding the 2k limit you encountered
That you will not be able to own each variant of all the cars available
Sorry that your goal cannot be made to collect them all
But again your ne t trouble would be to wait for all variant from either the UCD and the LCD as I am waiting myself for a red 512 BB that never showed up for me. 😅
The question is what do you go next, If you sell cars, you will take a loss, if you grind, you hit the credit limit, and then you will have to sell, but you can’t because again you will hit the credit limit. Maybe buy all of the paints and rims, then buy all of the engine swaps, many decisions to make, maybe there is another way, but i can’t think of one. Personally it’s wrong, there is a garage limit, but i guess there is reasoning to it.

What I can't understand in GT7 is why they thought it would be a great idea to price cars according to their real life values? It's a game, it's not reality.
I bet it started as a joke inside PD offices.
"Lol those JDM fanatics don't know what will hit them"
Seeing everyone react to the prices was kind of funny.

Yeah boring, holds no value. No point to keep making campaigns regardless if GT7's not done as well as those.

And it's obviously a relic of the past that is worthless in present time, speaking up of those only fuels blind nostalgia.
I can't agree with these statements, I think GT3 & 4 had the right idea for late stage events, but should've been nerfed on the race length. Maybe give the option of how long of a race you have for things like 24 hour endurance events such as having the option for a 24 minute "endurance" race and a 2.4 hour "endurance" race in addition to the true 24 hours. The same race length feature could be applied to regular events aswell for people that prefer either short or long races.

They just need to include more options for the A.I., have the higher difficulty opponents available outside of specific races. Though I'll agree that PD doesn't have to lock cars behind race unlock, but rather have them as an option. I rather do a 2 hour endurance to unlock a Ferrari 250 GTO now than subjecting myself to grinding for 20 million credits.

Easy unlock is still less preferable over having everything since the start to freely race how you want.
I would be open to that, but only to the arcade and custom race modes like in Forza Motorsport.

@05XR8 I can now confirm that yes the limit is 2K for cars in the garage which is lame since it means you cant buy every car in every color/livery from BC. :crazy:

Edit - or maybe you can if you don't have alot of X20 cars like I do.:)

I can understand this limit on PS4 but why on PS5?
View attachment 1293272
I got a similar box come up last week telling me reached the max of 1000 liveries, no way had i got 1k liveries unless maybe they count the cars i no longer have ?

I got a similar box come up last week telling me reached the max of 1000 liveries, no way had i got 1k liveries unless maybe they count the cars i no longer have ?
They do and I think if you want to delete those, you have to buy the car again and then go to livery editor to delete them.

I would guess it’s the same as with cars you own and sell: they’re still part of your car collection count and they show up in your garage, but you cannot select them anymore. I find that utterly confusing…

The Tuscan in Reflex Purple is now available...
IMG_0599.png

Can someone confirm whether SSRX counts as an oval when it comes to the trophy that pertains to them?

Also, I find it quite interesting that the Ferrari 330 P4 that's been in the series since GT5 got the price increase that it did, mostly since I believe it had been modified from its original form, whereas the other 330 P4 that got the Pebble Beach trophy is closer to its original state. I wonder if PD eventually plans to replace one with the other? I think it'd be quite silly to have two 330 P4s, otherwise.

Okay, I give up. What sodding track is this?!

View attachment 1294078

I don't recognise the section of track at all, and the filename is obscured or blurred throughout:

View attachment 1294079
That has stumped me. I can't think of anywhere in the game that correlates to.

I do read "ring" as the end of the first visible word in the file name. Annoying, as one more discernible letter would probably make it guessable.

Okay, I give up. What sodding track is this?!

View attachment 1294078

I don't recognise the section of track at all, and the filename is obscured or blurred throughout:

View attachment 1294079
Credit to SuperPotatoBros on Discord, it's Slovakiaring:
1696951315725.png

Curbing and opening of the sandy part is a match here:
1696951328625.png
1696951332642.png

The name definitely ends with a "g" or "ring" and now that Slovakiaring is on my mind, I see the S at the start too.

Last edited:
Credit to SuperPotatoBros on Discord, it's Slovakiaring:
View attachment 1294085

Curbing and opening of the sandy part is a match here:
View attachment 1294086 View attachment 1294087

The name definitely ends with a "g" or "ring" and now that Slovakiaring is on my mind, I see the S at the start too.
Of course it's the track I immediately discounted as being too newly refurbished and shiny. I've spent literally hours looking at IMSA tracks... :ouch:

Edit: Huh, weird. It looks like the tunnel isn't there for some reason - although you can see how the path would access it both sides of the track.
1696951770664.png

Last edited:
Anyone is experiencing issues with GT7 on PS4?

The game is constatly giving me NP-32470-6 once I try to play it.

Edit: It might be the connection but other games seems to play fine online so IDK.

Last edited:
Ok, I’ll admit it. I’ve been watching too many telenovela’s lately, and my craving for ridiculous and unrealistic drama is at an all time high.

…..BUT!!!!!

What if, the current ongoing server issues were a deliberate hack from someone over at Forza, in an attempt to flood the internets and airwaves with bad press for Gran Turismo at the time of their release.

PLEASE LET THIS BE THE CASE!!!

I WANT THE DRAMA!!

IMG_3718.png

...I need it

Last edited:
Back