Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,432 comments
Guys how do I start this activity? If I click “start activity”it launches the game but it doesn’t seem to register that any activity/goal has started and says I have zero active activities.
Happy to hear someone else fill in here but I think that’s a PlayStation function that works better in other games, honestly I haven’t tried it. If I’ve been in Sport Mode it presents the option to hop back in but how can I know for sure which race it enters me in? I suppose you could of course easily just cancel if it’s one you don’t want to do but again, I haven’t found a use for this function.

Yeah it’s the same with other activities, like it will give a sort of specific task but when the game launches it just takes you to the world map with no indication how or where to accomplish the task or that the task is even officially under way

More precisely, the first one is the flag of the Chinese Taipei Olympic Committee, and in fact there is the well known five-rings Olympic emblem in it. The flag of Chinese Taipei (also known as Republic of China and very often as Taiwan, I always call it so, simply Taiwan) is this one:
And while that's all true, it's of no actual use as an answer to the question posted.
Guys how do I start this activity? If I click “start activity”it launches the game but it doesn’t seem to register that any activity/goal has started and says I have zero active activities.
That's just a PSN Trophy. Check the Trophy list for the requirements.

Also the Trophy list on GTPlanet:

And in our Guide:

And in our Trophy walkthrough:

Last edited:
And while that's all true, it's of no actual use as an answer to the question posted.

That's just a PSN Trophy. Check the Trophy list for the requirements.

Also the Trophy list on GTPlanet:

And in our Guide:

And in our Trophy walkthrough:
I don’t think you understand, I am familiar with the requirements for completing the activity, I’m saying that it doesn’t let me START the activity.

If I click “Start Activity”, the game launches but nothing else happens. If I then push the PlayStation button and go to “activities”, it says I have started zero activities, and that same activity (which I just pressed “Start Activity” for) is listed as not being started and with an option to (once again) choose to “Start Activity”

Last edited:
I don’t think you understand, I am familiar with the requirements for completing the activity, I’m saying that it doesn’t let me START the activity.

If I click “Start Activity”, the game launches but nothing else happens.
I don't think you understand; that is starting the activity.

How it manifests depends on the game and the activity. In this case the activity is collecting cars in GT7 - I can't remember how many and you've long since burned through any goodwill I have (and continue to do so) to be bothered to look it up - so starting the activity launches the game, in order that you can, you know, collect cars.

In other activities for other games it can take you to a specific part of the game for a specific task, but since all of GT7 is about collecting cars...

IMO that's a rather useless "feature". Or maybe I didn't yet find a game where it works. On The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077 and The Crew 2 the button always did exactly the same as clicking the game icon itself.
So few games use it properly, and you'd think a big, first-party title would be one...

I think one of the Crash games and maybe Astro's Playroom do.

I don't think you understand; that is starting the activity.

How it manifests depends on the game and the activity. In this case the activity is collecting cars in GT7 - I can't remember how many and you've long since burned through any goodwill I have (and continue to do so) to be bothered to look it up - so starting the activity launches the game, in order that you can, you know, collect cars.

In other activities for other games it can take you to a specific part of the game for a specific task, but since all of GT7 is about collecting cars...
Why is there even a way to view the status of the activity, “started” or “not started”, if starting the activity does not change the status of the activity?

If you go to “activities” you can see all the activities you have started or not yet started. Why would that status window even exist if nothing you do changes the status of the activity in that window?

Why is there even a way to view the status of the activity, “started” or “not started”, if starting the activity does not change the status of the activity?

If you go to “activities” you can see all the activities you have started or not yet started. Why would that status window even exist if nothing you do changes the status of the activity in that window?
I don't know the answer to any of these questions, as I didn't design the PS5 interface, but I can say that they are PlayStation 5 interface questions and not Gran Turismo 7 ones.

I have a question.
PDI has always published statements about the collaborations or partnerships in their website, SNS and YouTube.
But there's no such action like that from them about the partnership with Hagerty, causing the statements only coming from Hagerty (Gran Turismo and Kaz retweeted it, though).

Is this partnership really what PDI wanted to make?
I understand that there's almost no possibility of partnership if one of the parties doesn't like it, but...

IMG_2833.jpeg

We already saw Deep Forest on Rain in promotional material and we know - thanks to guys like Nenkai - that some tracks have dry lines like Road Atlanta, the new wheater radar in the lastest update... so my hypothesis:

• Rain and full 24h cycle for all tracks
  • Raytracing gameplay mode
  • Sophy challenge
  • Reworked tracks such as Susuka or Saint Croix (new layouts?)
  • One new real track
  • Four cars.
  • Some tweeks on Sport Mode

^ i like the prospect of a 6hour+ endurance but my ps5 gets hot after 2 hours…one of these days im going to measure how much energy my wheel, ps5, and monitor use when playing at best performance

We already saw Deep Forest on Rain in promotional material and we know - thanks to guys like Nenkai - that some tracks have dry lines like Road Atlanta, the new wheater radar in the lastest update... so my hypothesis:

• Rain and full 24h cycle for all tracks
  • Raytracing gameplay mode
  • Sophy challenge
  • Reworked tracks such as Susuka or Saint Croix (new layouts?)
  • One new real track
  • Four cars.
  • Some tweeks on Sport Mode
If it only were rain and longer races (with decent payout, please) in new events for more than just the current grind races, I would already be happy enough.

Kaz described the VR update as big. The only thing I can think of would be proper endurance races. Probable Sophy B spec. But repeatable endurance races. And I mean races. That would force me to give up on Forza Motorsport and start playing GT7 properly again.

This would be a fantastic update if we get events that actually make full use of it. Perhaps the endurance races that were promised a year and a half ago...
Totally guessing, maybe the latest Super GT GT500 cars for 300km endurance races or classic Grand Valley 300km. Something like the old 99 Lap races.

I'd be surprised if we got races over 2.5 hours.

i hope this the spot to post this but i was racing in the World Touring Car 700 at laguna Seca and the fuel rate anf tire wear is set at 10x 13x but the AI don't seem to pit as soon as i have too, am i doing something wrong?

Latest Posts

Back