Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,432 comments
i hope this the spot to post this but i was racing in the World Touring Car 700 at laguna Seca and the fuel rate anf tire wear is set at 10x 13x but the AI don't seem to pit as soon as i have too, am i doing something wrong?
What car are you using?
Are you driving flat out( full throttle without coastirng)?
Are your tyres wearing quickly?

I originally was going to predict cars for the prediction thread, but I did abit of looking and decided to do something different that was more suitable for this thread. So what I have put together is a selection of cars that potentially may end up in the game based on 4 criteria:

Counterparts: Briefly mentioned in another thread, there's been a notable pattern of PD to include cars that are counterparts of their Road-going model or the Racing model. Examples include the Toyota Celica ST205, the 2017 Nissan GT-R Nismo being joined by the 2018 Nissan GT-R GT3 Nismo and the most recent example being the Mazda3 X Burgundy selection being joined by the Mazda3 GR.4 car (Which is technically the Bio Concept car from Super Taikyu).

History: Basically, either series favorites that are pretty much permanently linked to the series (As demonstrated with the Castrol Supra, the Pennzoil Nismo GT-R and the Peaks Peak Escudo) or newer models joining based on previous other models over series history (The GT500 cars for instance).

New GR.3 or GR.4 contender: A newer car choice for the Manufacturers series in either category for current Manufacturers or potentially for new Manufacturers joining in.

Latest Marketed or Highly Significant Models: As is constantly demonstrated with Toyota and most recently Honda, cars that are essentially one of the latest cars either from a Manufacturers Series Partner or a Manufacturer that has deep connections with PD or even a model that has potential significance (Championship winner, race winner or even a final edition).

So based on these 4 specific criteria, here's a list of cars that I think have a reasonable or solid chance of coming to GT7 in a Future Update:

Alpine A110 GT4 '18: With the Premiere Edition Road car returning from GT Sport and Group Renault really pushing this brand (Perhaps even abit over optimistically in some cases), this GT4 car would serve as Alpine's entry into the GR.4 category and could potentially even lead to eventual GR.3 entry too (even if its more likely to be a fictional creation by PD).

Audi R8 '20: The 2019 GT3 Evo is already present AND the road car is essentially a facelift based off said model AND its the final version of the R8. Potentially offers the GT Auto bonus of recreating the GT4 car just as the Mercedes AMG GT R, Ford Mustang GT350R and the Chevy Camaro ZL1 does.

BMW M6 '16: Abit out of the blue admittingly considering its hardly featured in any sim as anything other then its GT3 form but if the Porsche Caymen GT4 from the same model year is anything to go by, it could be possible.

BMW V12 LMR '99: Another out of leftfield choice but here's a interesting thing I noticed: Every time this car has seemingly appeared in a sim, its usually joined by the BMW Mclaren F1 GTR and one of BMW's M3 GT cars (Either the M3 E46 GTR or the M3 E92 GT). We already have two of those in-game at launch so there is potential for this GT5/GT6 combo to be complete. And for added suspense (if you want), the in-game cafe description for the BMW Mclaren F1 GTR appears to end on quite a teasing cliff hanger

1697519920665.png

Chevy Camaro Race Car '69: Now this could go in two directions should it happen, an actual liveried car (Perhaps the Sunoco Camaro of Roger Penske) OR the return of the Camaro Racing Modification from GT5/6 as the Honda Civic Type R (EK) Touring Car did. Either way, there already exists the Road car in-game and as indicated with the Celica, Counterpart cars aren't exclusive to the modern era.

Chevy Corvette C8.R '20: Its road going counterpart of the same year is already in the game AND Chevy is well overdue for a new GR.3 Competitor. Ironically due to it racing against both GTE AND GT3 cars in real life (Albeit with some modifications), its technically THE most suitable car for GR.3 since it features both.

Dodge Viper GTS-R '00: Not only does it have previous history of being in previous games but just as the Toyota Celica Rally, it already has its production based counterpart in-game.

Ford GT40 Race Car '69: Not only is the 1966 Road car present, but this car has been present in the game since Gran Turismo 2 (Usually alongside the 1966 Road car interestingly in 3 of those 5 appearances) so there's potential for this pairing to happen again.

Honda Civic Type R TCR ('18 or '23): Now this would be an interesting situation as the road going counterpart for both exist in the game. This means that Honda's potential new GR.4 choice could either be the FK8 based one from 2017 or the FL5 based one from 2023 (which makes it a currently marketed model). So not only is there a chance for the game to get its first official TCR car, but it'll be an intriguing wait to see which one ends up getting the nod.

Honda NSX Type S '22: This is pretty much the final iteration of this generation of NSX and I imagine Honda would love for this to get as much attention as possible.

Honda NSX-GT '22: No longer a concept and based on the aforementioned NSX Type S, this would also continue PD's Tradition of featuring the latest GT500 model from at least one of the big 3 Super GT Makes in every numbered game regardless of which team livery it takes on. This also greatly differs from the 2016 car in that despite its appearance, its actually a Front-engine NSX as part of the regs that disallows Mid-engine cars.

Honda NSX GT3 Evo22 '22: With Nissan having a new GR.3 contender (Technically 2 if you count the Pennzoil Nismo GT-R) as well as Manufacturer partner Toyota and their 86/BRZ partner Subaru, seems only natural to do the same for Honda and with not having a real NSX race car no longer a problem, Along comes this car to potentially sit alongside one of the Civic Type R TCRs as a new choice for the Manufacturers Series.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Rally Car '99: With the Tommi Makkinen Edition that is based on it already in-game as well as it also being a car that has been present since Gran Turismo 2, this presents exactly the same situation that the Toyota Celica GT-Four does for it to potentially happen.

Nissan Motul Autech Z '22: As is the case with the NSX-GT, this would effectively be the most recent Super GT Model for one of the big 3 in that series (and in traditional fashion, in the livery of the Factory Nissan team). It also already has the road car in the game since launch as well.

Nissan Z GT4 '22: In addition to again having the Road model already present, this also could serve as a more recent GR.4 alternative for representing Nissan alongside the Nissan GT R GT3 Nismo '18 in the Manufacturers Series.

Pagani Huayra R '2021: Granted its only been since GT6 that PD has included a entirely new Pagani model that wasn't just the Zondas from the PS2 generation but with the previous Zonda R in the game and the base model Huayra already present, I think there could be a chance to see this latest R model be included.

Porsche 911 GT1 Evo '97: Most will expect this solely based on the tweet that mentions it was scanned by PD (as well as the Gran Turismo sponsorship obviously). I'm going purely off the road going model already in-game and the fact that this is one of several cars PD has tried to get before back then when they were far smaller during GT2's development (Same goes for several cars, including funny enough the aforementioned Paganis). It would be a case of "Finally" should it happen as it was with the F1, The Pagani Zondas and of course the eventual inclusion of Lamborghini and Ferrari and Porsche themselves (Officially of course)

Subaru Impreza Rally Car '99: As is the case with the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI and demonstrated with the Toyota Celica, A road going model is already in game AND it shares a history of being in every numbered title since Gran Turismo 2 with the Lancer so it could be possible to finally see a premium model of this car outside demo builds of GTHD.

Toyota GR Yaris Rally1 '22: A WRC championship winning car for adding to GR.B AND there is already the Road car that has been there since launch. I don't see the Toyota Marketing train stopping anytime soon (Especially as an official partner) so maybe this'll be another major choice.

Toyota AU TOM'S GR Supra '22: As would be the case with its fellow GT500 competitors, it would keep with having the latest car from Super GT in a number GT game as well as be the current iteration of a Supra fielded by TOM's (A fitting addition to go alongside the original Castrol TOM'S Supra). And of course the road going Supra is there too so there is that.

Toyota GR Supra GT4 '20: Weirdly despite this being a Toyota AND them being very prolific with including the latest vehicles from them in GT, I both could see this happening but also wouldn't be surprised for it to not happen since the GR Supra GR.4 car exists. So there's a chance but likely the smallest of the list despite meeting both criteria of being a heavily marketed car AND having a road car in the form of the actual 2020 model in-game.

So that's my thoughts. May add more or do something similar with Tracks, though that might be trickier.

Edit: And what exactly is your issue @Giz WCR-666?

Last edited:
Chevy Corvette C8.R '20: Its road going counterpart of the same year is already in the game AND Chevy is well overdue for a new GR.3 Competitor. Ironically due to it racing against both GTE AND GT3 cars in real life (Albeit with some modifications), its technically THE most suitable car for GR.3 since it features both.
Pratt and Miller has outright refused to let Gran Turismo get their hands on ANY of their Corvette race cars.

Pratt and Miller has outright refused to let Gran Turismo get their hands on ANY of their Corvette race cars.
They still can do their own version like they did C7 Gr.3 , plus you can already turn C8 into C8.R just missing some racing details and a racing interior

Last edited:
Is this an established fact or is this an assumption based on the lack of C6.R and C7.R in previous games?

Last edited:
I don't know exactly but I think they had a falling out with PD after the C5.R was included in GT3 and GT4. Pratt and Miller didn't like the way the car was represented in the game and then refused to license the C6.R for GT5. PD of course made their own C6.R in the form of the RM, but they put the Pratt and Miller logo on the car which pissed them off considerably. I'll try to dig up the post about the whole debacle.

Last edited:
I don't know exactly but I think they had a falling out with PD after the C5.R was included in GT3 and GT4. Pratt and Miller didn't like the way the car was represented in the game and then refused to license the C6.R for GT5. PD of course made their own C6.R in the form of the RM, but they put the Pratt and Miller logo on the car which pissed them off considerably.

And we have proof that this isn’t made up story?

The absence of a "real" Corvette race car is down to a lack of a licence from Pratt & Miller - who don't appear interested in licensing the Corvette Racing cars to Gran Turismo any more, since the C5.R in GT3/4 (and subsequent games using the same car lists).
What if P&M really hated what PD did to the C5.R in GT3 (and 4, and 5, and 6) and resolved never to deal with them again (which would also neatly explain the absence of the C6.R and C7.R)? Maybe they didn't want to licence the C6.R and got super pissed by the P&M logo on the C6 RM in GT6.
iRacing staff have also been rather vocal in the past about how much of a pain P&M were to work with when getting the Corvette C6R into the game, and how much of a pain they were to deal with when considering getting later Corvettes into the game. It was a bit of a surprise and a miracle to a lot of people when it was revealed the C8R would be coming in 2020, which is still over a half decade since the C6R debuted in the service.
Look up any info (before 2020) about new Corvette models coming to iRacing, and it all says the same thing.

It's absolutely no secret they're trouble to deal with, and considering Gran Turismo has to contend with including literally the entirety of car culture when adding new cars, I can hardly blame them for deciding not to prioritise something that's notoriously a hassle to deal with, and that's assuming P&M haven't just blacklisted them for some arbitrary reason (as far as I'm aware, the whole reason P&M were such a hassle with iRacing is because they refused to give out the intricate details the car needed for a proper representation).
OK perhaps my story isn't 100% accurate as it's based on a "what if" scenario but based on Pratt and Miller's history, I don't think it's too far from the truth.

Kaz described the VR update as big. The only thing I can think of would be proper endurance races. Probable Sophy B spec. But repeatable endurance races. And I mean races. That would force me to give up on Forza Motorsport and start playing GT7 properly again.
Yeah but this time it wasn't kas to say it's big, it was nenkai.

Nowhere they did explicitly said this, but apparently they were hard to work with iRacing so it was mostly citing that precedent - it is not an outright refusal.

EDIT: Tree'd, see above - though Famine's theory should not be taken as complete gospel either.

Last edited:
Nowhere they did explicitly said this, but apparently they were hard to work with iRacing so it was mostly citing that precedent - it is not an outright refusal.
I think they asking more money for the licence plus most likely asking extra for the scans too

i can see why PD doesn't bother with them

So how do we think Sophy will be integrated into the game if/when it comes? I was thinking a separate collection of races much like the Chilli races we currently have like below (masterfully done) made up screenshot.

Sophy_Menu.jpg

So how do we think Sophy will be integrated into the game if/when it comes? I was thinking a separate collection of races much like the Chilli races we currently have like below (masterfully done) made up screenshot.
For me. It would be perfect to see it in all World Circuit events, but I guess this will be hard to do. Maybe "replacing" chilli races with Sophy?

I would be happy If they add it just for Custom Races even, I just want good SP content to race. I don't care for credits with this to be honest, I won't win those races against sophy anyway :D

Kaz described the VR update as big. The only thing I can think of would be proper endurance races. Probable Sophy B spec. But repeatable endurance races. And I mean races. That would force me to give up on Forza Motorsport and start playing GT7 properly again.
If it is about racing and not about credits: why not create those endurance races through custom races ?
If it is about credits you don't have to answer, I am aware, that the payouts are ridiculously low for custom races...

i hope this the spot to post this but i was racing in the World Touring Car 700 at laguna Seca and the fuel rate anf tire wear is set at 10x 13x but the AI don't seem to pit as soon as i have too, am i doing something wrong?
What car are you using for that race ?

If it is about racing and not about credits: why not create those endurance races through custom races ?
If it is about credits you don't have to answer, I am aware, that the payouts are ridiculously low for custom races...
I've only played GT7 in VR and only have around 50 hours logged, but when I played GT Sport I would constantly set up my own endurance races...cared little for the payout, I actually found the AI was slightly better in that mode when playing on professional setting.

I actually want an endurance race at one of the world series with random weather and scenarios with different classes racing with traffic.

Since when did PD add the pre-race radar map? I just noticed it on these time trials so I assume it was the last update. I recall a lot of people complaining that we couldn't actually study the weather before the race to choose our initial tires.

I also notice that this radar screen has an entire city map! I'll have to check out other real life tracks to see if they're using actual local map data for that.

Since when did PD add the pre-race radar map? I just noticed it on these time trials so I assume it was the last update. I recall a lot of people complaining that we couldn't actually study the weather before the race to choose our initial tires.

I also notice that this radar screen has an entire city map! I'll have to check out other real life tracks to see if they're using actual local map data for that.
The pre-race radar is a new addition for 1.38.

Yeah, the real life tracks are in exactly the correct places, if you zoom in you can even see and recognise major roads that are around then.

Latest Posts

Back