Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,432 comments
Ok, I’ll admit it. I’ve been watching too many telenovela’s, and my craving for ridiculous and unrealistic drama is at small time high.

…..BUT!!!!!

What if, the current ongoing server issues were a deliberate hack from someone over at Forza, in an attempt to flood the internets and airwaves with bad press for Gran Turismo at the time of their release.

PLEASE LET THIS BE THE CASE!!! I WANT THE DRAMA!!

View attachment 1294448

…….I need it
What if it’s been done by a Forza sleeper cell, unknowingly hired by PD? Drama indeed!

So Slovkiaring is on Gran Turismo Movie o we have a new track for GT series?
Not really, the track showed up briefly in a scene in the movie but the modelling software used wasn't what I believe PD arr currently using to model circuits. It was probably just a stock asset being used as a virtual prop for the scene unfortunately.

It could show up in the game, but appearing in the movie in the capacity that it did, is no suggestion by itself that it will.

Last edited:

PD has recently said that they are trying to fix the loading issue in online so while they are at it, I think they should say that they will try to fix dirty players going unpunished online as well. Until they do I will make content with every dirty instance I see that goes unpunished.

Sport
 - Fixed an issue wherein players would encounter an application error or would be stuck on the loading screen between matchmaking and qualifying/races in Daily Races and Championship races.

I don't know if this is the best place to express my displeasure at the state of Gran Turismo, but Forza has really exposed some of the shortcomings of the franchise and I have to say something.

GT7 is a great game in a lot of ways. It has the best physics, the best graphics, the best sounds and the best customisation to date, however it will not go down in history as a classic like GT4. You want to know why? Excuses. Lame excuses to justify some of the truly baffling design decisions that only serve to infuriate the community for no reason at all. Why push the ultra-expensive cars into a seperate dealer? Why have menu books? Why have a "world map"? Why have such a poorly laid out career mode? Why can't we buy the vehicles eligible for a championship without having to quit out of the race menu, go into Brand Central, go into the dealer, get the car, choose the colour and return to the event menu with another half a dozen button presses? Not even GT4 was this complicated. Fact is, PD have done a lot of things right in the past, but nowadays they aren't. Why no arcade mode? Why can't we just pick a car, pick a track and go? Is that really soo hard? Why do we have to earn money to simply drive a car on our own terms? Yes, I do like a good career mode (not saying GT7's is) where I earn my way up through the rankings, but some days I just want to get in and go. Why not give people that choice? It's soo stupid and pointless. PD and Sony have intentionally pulled the rug out from underneath us to push microtransactions, which is pretty ****** if you ask me. The strategy they have adopted is divisive, stupid and idiotic, preventing GT from ever expanding beyond it's already small niche. Give the people choice, just like you did all those years ago. Why regress? Why put the ultra-expensive cars behind a paywall? Why force people to grind for hours and hours just to drive one car for a few minutes? It's a total waste when you can drive anything you want without any grinding in Forza Motorsport. Don't give us "free" updates when certain cars require a stupid amount of grinding to obtain. Time is not something that everybody has on their side, so please, for the love of God, just let people do what they like! If they want to play career mode, that's fine. If they just want to get their hands on their favourite car for a few minutes, that's also fine. I may like being put into a box (because I'm part cat) but others don't so open the gates! Let people live out their driving fantasies without having to lose precious time that could otherwise be spent touching grass and seeing family! Games are supposed to be fun, and for most, GT7 simply isn't. Things have to change if this series is to survive the next decade, because at this rate, it won't.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is the best place to express my displeasure at the state of Gran Turismo, but Forza has really exposed some of the shortcomings of the franchise and I have to say something.

GT7 is a great game in a lot of ways. It has the best physics, the best graphics, the best sounds and the best customisation to date, however it will not go down in history as a classic like GT4. You want to know why? Excuses. Lame excuses to justify some of the truly baffling design decisions that only serve to infuriate the community for no reason at all. Why push the ultra-expensive cars into a seperate dealer? Why have menu books? Why have a "world map"? Why have such a poorly laid out career mode? Why can't we buy the vehicles eligible for a championship without having to quit out of the race menu, go into Brand Central, go into the dealer, get the car, choose the colour and return to the event menu with another half a dozen button presses? Not even GT4 was this complicated. Fact is, PD have done a lot of things right in the past, but nowadays they aren't. Why no arcade mode? Why can't we just pick a car, pick a track and go? Is that really soo hard? Why do we have to earn money to simply drive a car on our own terms? Yes, I do like a good career mode (not saying GT7's is) where I earn my way up through the rankings, but some days I just want to get in and go. Why not give people that choice? It's soo stupid and pointless. PD and Sony have intentionally pulled the rug out from underneath us to push microtransactions, which is pretty ****** if you ask me. The strategy they have adopted is divisive, stupid and idiotic, preventing GT from ever expanding beyond it's already small niche. Give the people choice, just like you did all those years ago. Why regress? Why put the ultra-expensive cars behind a paywall? Why force people to grind for hours and hours just to drive one car for a few minutes? It's a total waste when you can drive anything you want without any grinding in Forza Motorsport. Don't give us "free" updates when certain cars require a stupid amount of grinding to obtain. Time is not something that everybody has on their side, so please, for the love of God, just let people do what they like! If they want to play career mode, that's fine. If they just want to get their hands on their favourite car for a few minutes, that's also fine. I may like being put into a box (because I'm part cat) but others don't so open the gates! Let people live out their driving fantasies without having to lose precious time that could otherwise be spent touching grass and seeing family! Games are supposed to be fun, and for most, GT7 simply isn't. Things have to change if this series is to survive the next decade, because at this rate, it won't.
Excuses?
PD does not even make excuses. They don't communicate at all.

I join your point of view, what your comment inspire me is that next GTs need to let gamers play and drive any car in the game in sort of arcade mode like in GT3 A-Spec (to me the best arcade mode, simple and efficient). But in an other part, gamers should own cars only if they progress in the career mode and they reach ranking more and more. Then they can play online with and personalize them.
To me it bring more sens and desire to play.
I think the ranking system in GT7 is completely useless because it's limited to 50points (not sure) and is reacheable very fast.
PD have to exploit more the ranking system and delete the limit. It will give more sens to see ranking point to driver that play better or more than others.
And finaly i think in the career mode PD should integrate online chrono time in races/missions etc to compare with gamers and friends (so far it is partially present but not completely in career mode and races career)

Last edited:
Okay, I give up. What sodding track is this?!

View attachment 1294078

I don't recognise the section of track at all, and the filename is obscured or blurred throughout:

View attachment 1294079
Could it be Twin Ring Motegi ? :

2015_twin_ring_motegi.png

No october thread of what i could see, but guess its the standard 3-4 cars, december update i could see being a bigger one
There was one, but it was closed not too long after it was created.

I actually think he might have just identified the picture of Twin Ring Motegi as Twin Ring Motegi.. and wasn't talking about your post at all.

He circled the entire part of the track map that's in the picture of Twin Ring Motegi...:drool:
If Twin Ring Motegi is actually Twin Ring Motegi, oh joy! I just love me some Twin Ring Motegi.
praise gospel GIF

Did you miss the bit where it was clearly identified as Slovakia Ring?

I actually think he might have just identified the picture of Twin Ring Motegi as Twin Ring Motegi.. and wasn't talking about your post at all.

He circled the entire part of the track map that's in the picture of Twin Ring Motegi...:drool:
Yes i had made the mistake of identfying the bigger photo, please accept all applicable apologies, I shall now be sacked...

Last edited:
Anyone know what flags these are? first time seeing them in my game.
View attachment 1295304
While I wouldn't necessarily expect you to be familiar with Chinese Taipei (the let's-not-offend-China name for Taiwan in international events) and Cyprus, I struggle to believe you don't know Canada and the USA...

Last edited:
While I wouldn't necessarily expect you to be familiar with Chinese Taipei (the let's-not-offend-China name for Taiwan in international events) and Cyprus, I struggle to believe you don't know Canada and the USA...
More precisely, the first one is the flag of the Chinese Taipei Olympic Committee, and in fact there is the well known five-rings Olympic emblem in it. The flag of Chinese Taipei (also known as Republic of China and very often as Taiwan, I always call it so, simply Taiwan) is this one:

800px-Flag_of_the_Republic_of_China.svg.png

Last edited:
Guys how do I start this activity? If I click “start activity”it launches the game but it doesn’t seem to register that any activity/goal has started and says I have zero active activities.

Attachments

• IMG_1042.jpeg
    IMG_1042.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 11
Back