Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,286 comments
Heritage model?
1705745397949.jpeg

Man, this makes me wish Polyphony increased their production of cars per update, like in the days of GT Sport where we were at 12 cars a month during its early days, but this was mainly due to the fact that GT Sport was short on cars.

If we went back to this level of content production, it's possible that by the end of this year, we could already be at over 600 cars.

But with this update, we're now at 491 cars, so close to a major milestone: the 500-car region.

Last edited:
It turns out that the Jimny is depicted in the otherwise underwhelming kei car version, as opposed to the Sierra which everyone is familiar with.

Small model updates are the key. If they had high quality model in the first place then there is no wrong in updating it. But it is not uncanny valley like in Forza with some cars.
True, but some models don't have any mesh update (no more polygons), so there are very visible polygon edges in some places.

First reaction was "oof this is going to get ugly on the forums." I can see the Jimmy being a grip monster with it's low power while being AWD and having a modern chassis. I don't believe engine swaps have been immediately available for new cars (correct me if I'm wrong) but I can see it getting some silly and fun stuff in the future.

First reaction was "oof this is going to get ugly on the forums." I can see the Jimmy being a grip monster with it's low power while being AWD and having a modern chassis. I don't believe engine swaps have been immediately available for new cars (correct me if I'm wrong) but I can see it getting some silly and fun stuff in the future.
My friend once said that the Jimny is a death trap, mostly due to its light weight and high center of gravity.

Escudo swap... please?

I am eager to try out the Genesis VGT.

The Jimny? Hoping it does come with an immediate engine swap option but I am pretty sure it won't.

As always, my expectations are tempered each time the silhouettes drop.

I am in the camp who want more quality of life updates than new content.

Back