Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,286 comments
this is the part that makes clown make up sales increase
Watching FH5 launch with several hundred less cars than its predecessor, only to add most of them as exclusive rewards is definitely a 🤡 experience. I'm still waiting for the '59 Cadillac...

To be fair, on the GT side of the fence, did we not just wait from October 2017 to November 2023 across two games for the LFA to be brought back with only the engine sounds changed?

So for you it would be better if Kaz release GT7 with 20 tracks and then add rest of the 17 tracks every month?
Yes it would be better.
Because that's literally what previous games from both respective franchises allowed you to do (Hell, even GT7 STILL allows you to do it as long as you have the credits). At no point has anyone asked for a system that takes so painfully long to get to a point just to where someone could finally change an Exhaust (and funny enough, people has already found an exploit just to basically make the grind far more bearable). Having watched gameplay, its easily the most tedious bit of grinding I've seen and I say this as someone who has experienced some serious grind fests. Maybe you don't seem as bothered but as countless gameplay videos and screenshots appear to show, that's not the case for so many.

As for "ignoring the reasoning", many have said that on paper it sounded good but its the execution that has rubbed so many the wrong way (a familiar tone that is echoed with GT7 in General). Its not the idea that's the problem, its the end result repeatedly shown that is the issue.
OK I understand that it's tedious but it can't be worse than grinding for hours to get an expensive car in Gran Turismo can it? At least you can access all the cars in Forza so if you aren't happy with one car, you can easily move to another.
How could you talk about a „regular stream of content“ when it just released in October?
And an important point is also that content isn’t all for free, cars that are free this month are the ones that were already in FM7, the other really new ones you have to pay for in the car pass. And it could be that these free cars also aren’t even totally new „build from the ground up“ car models, as some cars already have been spotted to be old inaccurate ones from previous titles.
Of course I can talk about a regular stream of content. Enough time has passed since the game's release.
Doesn't GT get monthly updates with content? I'm confused about this
Yes it does but it's released all at once and I don't like that. I'd rather get a new car each week than a heap on one day.

even when it’s clear that they lied regarding car models being build from the ground up.
This is actually a lie, because they never, at any point, claimed the car models were built from the ground up. That stupid phrase came out every time they were talking about the physics of the game. The one thing I see FM regularly praised for. Usually followed by "I wish I could experience it more, but there's too many issues".

OK I understand that it's tedious but it can't be worse than grinding for hours to get an expensive car in Gran Turismo can it?

Let me give you an example of how tedious this is: Let's take the Mazda MX-5 for instance (a relatively cheap car to get throughout both franchises). In the time it takes to level your car up to a point that allows you to upgrade one part in Forza, you can already upgrade multiple parts on that car in GT7 depending on the amount of credits you have right after buying it without even resorting to grinding. Not something applicable to all cars but the fact that this is even a possible scenario with one of the more historically cheaper cars of both series is abit of a mess.

This video really explains it the best.

Last edited:
Yes it would be better.

OK I understand that it's tedious but it can't be worse than grinding for hours to get an expensive car in Gran Turismo can it? At least you can access all the cars in Forza so if you aren't happy with one car, you can easily move to another.

Of course I can talk about a regular stream of content. Enough time has passed since the game's release.

Yes it does but it's released all at once and I don't like that. I'd rather get a new car each week than a heap on one day.
Here's a thought. Put down the keyboard/laptop/tablet/mobile phone and go play FM then. You said yourself that you gave up GT7, so why are you still taking a dump in a GT7 discussion thread?

You mean like GT already does with cars? There is no right or wrong here.

All GT Sport content is in GT7 with one exception being Fitipaldi but it has other reasons not to be in GT anymore.

I guess you meant GT5 and GT6 cars but PD doesn’t simply port those cars but remade them from scratch this is something differt than simply porting cars from FM3 to the newest game.

So to be honest this isn’t the same situation as Forza

Yes it would be better.

So you are literally saying that releasing unfinished game with cut out content is better than full of content game…

You could play all those missing 15 tracks from the start instead of waiting for update every month you know?

Last edited:
There are a few cars ported from the PS3 era, just with updated textures and shaders or just some small model updates, like Mazda 787B, Jaguar XJ13, Audi Sport quattro S1 Pikes Peak, Ferrari 330 P4, Ferrari Enzo and some others.

There are a few cars ported from the PS3 era, just with updated textures and shaders or just some small model updates, like Mazda 787B, Jaguar XJ13, Audi Sport quattro S1 Pikes Peak, Ferrari 330 P4, Ferrari Enzo and some others.

Small model updates are the key. If they had high quality model in the first place then there is no wrong in updating it. But it is not uncanny valley like in Forza with some cars.

I think some of you should stop caring and writing essays about someone that enjoys a game that you don't.
Who cares? Just move on with your life and play the games you enjoy. Them playing it doesn't matter to you, why waste your time trying to convince them to have fun in only the ways that you want them to?

It's a bit sad to be honest!

Last edited:
I think some of you should stop caring and writing essays about someone that enjoys a game that you don't.
Who cares? Just move on with your life and play the games you enjoy. Them playing it doesn't matter to you, why waste your time trying to convince them to have fun in only the ways that you want them to?

It's a bit sad to be honest!
The discussion is not about which games people enjoy.

The discussion is not about which games people enjoy.
It iterally is, some guy replied to him with a paragraph telling him why the levelling up system is actually bad.
Why? If he likes it, he likes it. Doesn't need convincing otherwise. I like it too. Won't convince me otherwise, because my opinion is mine and I don't care about other people forcing theirs onto me.

It iterally is, some guy replied to him with a paragraph telling him why the levelling up system is actually bad.
Why? If he likes it, he likes it. Doesn't need convincing otherwise. I like it too. Won't convince me otherwise, because my opinion is mine and I don't care about other people forcing theirs onto me.
Things are being compared and people share different viewpoints. Welcome to an internet forum.

Don't forget they did this in November, only for the unannounced race to be a Gr.3 at Daytona affair.
I'm not expecting any new track in this update or anything particularly revolutionary, besides a few new cars (3-5), 4-6 new events with low to mediocre payouts and some improvements on lobbies and game stability. Best case scenario we are getting a new set of endurance missions or the ability to sell engines, but that's the very most.

I do love a Jimny.

I think there's a lot to be said about the amount of content - 3 cars after essentially 3 months of the last 4 being dry is weak, and Spec 2 doesn't really make up for the amount of content we would've had across October, November, December and January if they were normal sized updates.

That said, the cars will be nice to drive. The Jimny will be very fun to hoon about.

Let’s go for some Jimny Tsukuba racing

IMG_7026.jpeg

Kind of an disappointing car update to be honest… feels like they are slowly keeping content away for the next GT game.

Back