Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,286 comments
All GT Sport content is in GT7 with one exception being Fitipaldi but it has other reasons not to be in GT anymore.

I guess you meant GT5 and GT6 cars but PD doesn’t simply port those cars but remade them from scratch this is something differt than simply porting cars from FM3 to the newest game.

So to be honest this isn’t the same situation as Forza
you were talking about a low track count initialy and then being introduced to more as time goes on. It's exactly what gt is doing with cars. The new tracks you're talking about that are being added over time are not simply ported over like you're pretending. It's literally 100% the same situation in that their iteration where they scraped a lot started slowly adding more to get where they are now. There is no difference there.

So that said, I have no idea why you'd be against that.

Last edited:
I understand that they try to offer something for everybody. Even if I despise rally too.
Yeah maybe. I mean, rally racing has been in the series since the second game - and i’ve never liked it! If i wanted to play rally races, I’d buy a rally game, there’s plenty of them. It’s not like GT are going to steal any of that crowd by offering a smattering of dirt tracks anyway, i really don’t know why they bother!

Well you folks have fun nitpicking about what cars either game has while I still wait for whenever both devs finally remember how to make a career mode that people actually enjoy.
My least favorite thing about GT7 is that so many events are restricted by brand nationality.
I prefer preset events to quick races or custom races, so it's a shame that there are so few opportunities to use European cars on American circuits, and that there are brands like Hyundai that have too many events that they can't participate in.

I wish there were more free and classic preset events like a simple "FR Challenge" or "Mega Speed Cup" instead of "Japanese 4WD Cup" or "American FR Cup".

Well you folks have fun nitpicking about what cars either game has while I still wait for whenever both devs finally remember how to make a career mode that people actually enjoy.
At least one has actual event variety rather than the same three event types repeated for 45% of the career mode...

My least favorite thing about GT7 is that so many events are restricted by brand nationality.
I prefer preset events to quick races or custom races, so it's a shame that there are so few opportunities to use European cars on American circuits, and that there are brands like Hyundai that have too many events that they can't participate in.

I wish there were more free and classic preset events like a simple "FR Challenge" or "Mega Speed Cup" instead of "Japanese 4WD Cup" or "American FR Cup".
Yeah this is definitely my biggest gripe too, 100%. It’s so baffling why they’d have such a restriction, it adds nothing, only subtracts. I get that they maybe wanted to change things up after 8+ games of basically the same formula, but it was formula that worked. Hopefully they realise that now for the next game in the series.

Just hoping for an engine swap and for some older Mitsubishi Pajero liveries for the Jimny to mask the disappointment tbh.

A bit gloomy of me, but the VGTs stimulate nada.

Last edited:
I have a dream, a fantasy
To help me through reality

GETEb03XQAAq2bS.jpg

Last edited:
Let me give you an example of how tedious this is: Let's take the Mazda MX-5 for instance (a relatively cheap car to get throughout both franchises). In the time it takes to level your car up to a point that allows you to upgrade one part in Forza, you can already upgrade multiple parts on that car in GT7 depending on the amount of credits you have right after buying it without even resorting to grinding. Not something applicable to all cars but the fact that this is even a possible scenario with one of the more historically cheaper cars of both series is abit of a mess.

This video really explains it the best.
Sure it's a bad piece of game design but I'm not really bothered by it to be honest.
Here's a thought. Put down the keyboard/laptop/tablet/mobile phone and go play FM then. You said yourself that you gave up GT7, so why are you still taking a dump in a GT7 discussion thread?
Am I not allowed to do both?
So you are literally saying that releasing unfinished game with cut out content is better than full of content game…

You could play all those missing 15 tracks from the start instead of waiting for update every month you know?
How can the tracks be "missing" if they were never there in the first place?
I think some of you should stop caring and writing essays about someone that enjoys a game that you don't.
Who cares? Just move on with your life and play the games you enjoy. Them playing it doesn't matter to you, why waste your time trying to convince them to have fun in only the ways that you want them to?

It's a bit sad to be honest!
THANK YOU
I have a dream, a fantasy
To help me through reality

View attachment 1321008
I really want this to happen as well.

I got all excited when i saw the Cube shape there, but there's some decal fun to be had with the vastly over priced Jimny

JIMNY.jpg

jimny tacky.jpg

Last edited:
How can the tracks be "missing" if they were never there in the first place?
You said you would prefer PD to release game with less tracks just to have regular updates.

You are happy with track every month in Forza and calling PD pathetic for having only 4 tracks withing 2 years, but forgetting that GT7 have much more tracks since day one than Forza.

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion:

I not included in "we". I want a fantasy Gr.B machine from a brand that doesn't yet have a Gr.B machine...

TC2DodgeChallengerSRT8392RR.png
I'm waiting forever for a Charger Hellcat Gr.B or Challenger Demon Gr.B, especially since I'm a Dodge admirer.
Oh, and a Mazda 3 Gr.B that pays homage to the Mazda 323GTR would surely be cool too.

LIFTED_COPEN2023117_1a.jpg
And little monsters like the Suzuki Swift Gr.B and the Daihatsu Copen Gr.B will surely be fun.

oleg-z-f82.jpg
Ferrari Gr.B would be nice too. They used to compete in the WRC. A safari style 458/488/F8 would be cooler than the ugly Prosangue.

Dirt racing may be a subcategory for this game, like drifting or drag racing, but as a lover of the category and cool Fantasy Gr.B machines, I am more hungry than a GT3 or GTE fan.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back