Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,286 comments
There is a section here in the GT7 forum that is nothing but tunes and there are two garages I can recommend...

Which is great, I just have the expectation from GT that upgrading your car gives something driveable out-of-the-box, and my experience was that it wasn't the case. If I have to start copying settings from the internet just to not crash the car then it's not really better than ACC.

PD did the same after the backlash surrounding the GT7 economy at launch.

PDs only acknowledgement about game issues was that the game was offline for two days.

They did not apologise for removing high paying races, and then ended that message with:

"We would really appreciate it if everyone could watch over the growth of Gran Turismo 7 from a somewhat longer term point of view."

Which is telling fans to shut up and consume product. That is absolutely not the same as actually conceding aspects of your game aren't good enough.

Last edited:
Please. If you think what PD is doing is "pathetic" you haven't seen anything yet. What FM2023 has now is content that should have been in the game since day1. It's STILL bareboned and it's embarrassing for T10. Adding more tracks and more cars won't change anything if the basic formula of the game is wrong in every way possible.
I've played FM 3-4-5-6-7 religiously over the years and I've never been this angry at T10. I bought the Xbox Series X and FM2023 a few weeks ago. I never play it anymore for obvious reasons. 6 years of development for nothing. The game has no soul, the career is boring, the car progression system is just outrageous and doesn't make you want to progress at all. There's nothing even remotely interesting to do.
If you check the official forum, out of 429 users who voted 52% said that they stopped playing the game.

T10 acknowledging the issue after 3-4 months of bad reviews, bad comments, low number of active players, won't make them magically change the system. The game is what it is. They literally say they will keep the dumb car progression because for some users it works...(wut?).
Communication was supposed to be Turn 10's strong suit. Somehow it isn't, since they came up with such horrendous next gen sequel and they refuse to cut the 💩 .

I used to criticize GT7/PD a lot and I regret it, because I didn't know what was happening on the other side of the fence yet.
I only stopped playing GT7 when 1.41 dropped because for some reason PD weakened to the minimum the vibrations on the dualshock4 and I couldn't feel the road anymore. My PS+ expired and I fired up GT7 again a few days ago: I did a bunch of qualifying laps for Daily B and it seems like they "ninja patched" the game and the vibration went back up a notch. I'm gonna renew my PS+ and play in Daily B again because I love it, despite the flaws in the penalty system.

The most important difference is, at least for me, the quality of the content.
I’ll I didn’t play FM8, but what I saw and read about it, is that there’s still cars in the game which have very old and therefore inaccurate car models. And seeing comparisons in videos, even the new car models are miles behind the ones from GT7, the details (for example the lights, the interiors,…), the paint and the overall presence of the cars (i don’t know how to articulate it in a better way), you just feel that PD puts in the extra amount of work to reach this level that is almost divine imo. Sure GT7 car models still have flaws like low poly parts, for example round shapes, but that’s a technical limitation that I think can easily be solved with better hardware, nothing that needs them to create a totally new car model.
As much there is to criticize about GT7, as much as it lacks content in some departments, it doesn’t lack soul.

IMHO, GT7 is better than GT6 yet still behind GT5 in its current state. Just hoping for more cars, tracks, missions and event variety in future updates. Moreover, lobbies also need to be tweaked a little and GT7 will get on par with GT5.

I’ve posted it before and will keep posting it. Have The Human Comedy missions pay out every time. It’d be an immediate increase in the amount of “new” content. I’d be willing to try different cars and strategies if I knew I’d earn some credits for doing so, whereas right now with each golded nothing is paid out. Baffling decision to limit content to one and done.

GT7 had the 18th-highest PlayStation sales in the US in 2023 (by dollars, not by copies sold). Not a bad second-year performance IMO, especially since we know the US is a relatively weaker market for racing games.

VR boost I assume.

GT7 had the 18th-highest PlayStation sales in the US in 2023 (by dollars, not by copies sold). Not a bad second-year performance IMO, especially since we know the US is a relatively weaker market for racing games.

No Spider-Man 2 in the Top 20? Strange...

Last edited:
They could just dedicate some time to adding rain and 24hr cycles to more tracks (like they should have in the first place) and that would be just as valuable as and less time and resource consuming than a completely new track. Also, better and more equally distributed usage of each track throughout the game.
This is a bit off-topic, but one weather effect that would be awesome for PD to add is thick, low-visibility coastal fog. Laguna Seca, GV Hwy 1, and Dragon Trail could all benefit from it.

The most important difference is, at least for me, the quality of the content.
I’ll I didn’t play FM8, but what I saw and read about it, is that there’s still cars in the game which have very old and therefore inaccurate car models. And seeing comparisons in videos, even the new car models are miles behind the ones from GT7, the details (for example the lights, the interiors,…), the paint and the overall presence of the cars (i don’t know how to articulate it in a better way), you just feel that PD puts in the extra amount of work to reach this level that is almost divine imo. Sure GT7 car models still have flaws like low poly parts, for example round shapes, but that’s a technical limitation that I think can easily be solved with better hardware, nothing that needs them to create a totally new car model.
As much there is to criticize about GT7, as much as it lacks content in some departments, it doesn’t lack soul.
Yeah, the thing is that PD and T10 have a different approach. T10 puts more effort on the engine bay details, which you'll never see during a race, only in menus. At the end of the day GT cars look realistic, while FM cars look fake, like toys...always.
I'm no expert but I think it's about textures, lighting and reflections, so in GT metal=metal, leather=leather, glass=glass and so on. In FM everything looks plastic. I was hoping to see a change in FM with the new gen console. Nope. So even in this department, all I can see is laziness.

Last edited:
What day will we know the content of next week's update?
Officially, we don't know that there is one.

However if, as we've been expecting since December 22nd, one arrives next week, it's likely to be the usual timing:

Saturday 20/Sunday 21 - Silhouettes
Wednesday 24 - PS Blog/GT.com post confirming most contents
Thursday 25 - Update & GT.com article with all contents

Officially, we don't know that there is one.

However if, as we've been expecting since December 22nd, one arrives next week, it's likely to be the usual timing:

Saturday 20/Sunday 21 - Silhouettes
Wednesday 24 - PS Blog/GT.com post confirming most contents
Thursday 25 - Update & GT.com article with all contents
Yeah, the pattern is pretty much always the same

Last edited:
Rather interesting that you say this while ignoring some very glaring issues that Turn 10 only recently finally admitted to, which include:

• Incredibly painful progression (Possibly even slower grind then GT considering the whole upgrade system is per individual car)
  • Less then ideal AI (which is interesting considering it was advertised as something using "Machine Learning")
  • Insufficient Penalty system (Because you know what players really ask for from another big name simcade? More instances of you being rammed off the track and the perpetrator not being sufficently punished enough)

Let's not sit here and pretend for a minute that Forza has been miles better just because they released more content more often for your taste (Some of which is literally content from the last game that for some reason wasn't in from Day 1).
I don't have a problem with any of these things. The progression is fine, the AI is fine and the penalty system has worked perfectly for me. Also, people ignore the reasoning for the car leveling system which was to gradually "build" up your car in the "Builder's Cup". But oh no, they want to upgrade their car instantly.
you do realise these are tracks that were in FM7 right?

and that these tracks are not from GT Sport

Licensing, you should google it

it's rather pathetic that you've fallen for T10's drip feed content thinking its a success to of added 3 tracks from the previous title in 4 months.

Edit: just to add it took 4 months from launch for GT7 to have a new track added, it's 4 months into FM2023 and they're only adding in tracks from FM7, work out the math on that one for me...
I know that the "new" tracks are from Forza 7 but I didn't play that so I'm not too bothered. Fact is, a game that gets a regular stream of content is better than one which does not and that's why I've ditched GT7.

I don't have a problem with any of these things. The progression is fine, the AI is fine and the penalty system has worked perfectly for me. Also, people ignore the reasoning for the car leveling system which was to gradually "build" up your car in the "Builder's Cup". But oh no, they want to upgrade their car instantly.
Because that's literally what previous games from both respective franchises allowed you to do (Hell, even GT7 STILL allows you to do it as long as you have the credits). At no point has anyone asked for a system that takes so painfully long to get to a point just to where someone could finally change an Exhaust (and funny enough, people has already found an exploit just to basically make the grind far more bearable). Having watched gameplay, its easily the most tedious bit of grinding I've seen and I say this as someone who has experienced some serious grind fests. Maybe you don't seem as bothered but as countless gameplay videos and screenshots appear to show, that's not the case for so many.

As for "ignoring the reasoning", many have said that on paper it sounded good but its the execution that has rubbed so many the wrong way (a familiar tone that is echoed with GT7 in General). Its not the idea that's the problem, its the end result repeatedly shown that is the issue.

Last edited:

I know that the "new" tracks are from Forza 7 but I didn't play that so I'm not too bothered. Fact is, a game that gets a regular stream of content is better than one which does not and that's why I've ditched GT7.

How could you talk about a „regular stream of content“ when it just released in October?
And an important point is also that content isn’t all for free, cars that are free this month are the ones that were already in FM7, the other really new ones you have to pay for in the car pass. And it could be that these free cars also aren’t even totally new „build from the ground up“ car models, as some cars already have been spotted to be old inaccurate ones from previous titles.

More evidence towards a Thursday 25th Jan update
Screenshot_2024-01-19-09-54-26-442_org.mozilla.firefox.png

Last edited:
More evidence towards a Thursday 25th Jan update
View attachment 1320641
Which also points to potentially some interesting content (new track?)

Back