Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,286 comments
Of course the fun part of the email is that the publisher behind the game is... Sony Interactive Entertainment/PlayStation Studios.

So the support person has heard from... themselves?

That’s what made me think it was fake right away.
Apparently it’s not?
Not that it matters.

This could totally be true.

Don't shoot the messenger... I'm just sayin' what I saw on YouTube

I've seen a video from... well... take it with a huge grain of salt, Naffantait... (Yes, I know...) and he had one of his buddies apparently... GRAIN OF SALT... has been told by PSN (has a screen) that one of his complaints will be addressed on 25th with an update. (NOTE: Please take it easy on the poo emoji's...)
View attachment 1319570
Haha, oh my god, now I see it. That's literally my mail. Let me publish it without any edit so speculation stops.

And even link to video.

1000018272.png
1000018273.png

Haha, oh my god, now I see it. That's literally my mail.
The fact that there's no credit given but "one of my subscribers" (who isn't you from the sound of how surprised you are) is pretty shocking.

The fact that there's no credit given but "one of my subscribers" (who isn't you from the sound of how surprised you are) is pretty shocking.
I have no idea who that guy is and I never saw any of his videos or subscribed to his channel.

To be fair, there's too many broken and moronic idiots on Twitter. Like this one rude guy who... yeah, see for yourself:

As well as too many other people demanding cars and tracks and stuff out of him.

Dang, that guy was rude as hell to Kaz. So I guess the update on January 25th will feature some new cars. We don't need anymore tracks right now. I think there are enough to satisfy the drivers and players of the game.

They could just dedicate some time to adding rain and 24hr cycles to more tracks (like they should have in the first place) and that would be just as valuable as and less time and resource consuming than a completely new track. Also, better and more equally distributed usage of each track throughout the game.

Last edited:
They could just dedicate some time to adding rain and 24hr cycles to more tracks (like they should have in the first place) and that would be just as valuable as and less time and resource consuming than a completely new track. Also, better and more equally distributed usage of each track throughout the game.
If they would do that, and add the option to choose weather in Time Trial, along with choosing the exact time (a la GT5 Spec II, GT6), it'd be tremendous. There's already a lot of Time Trial combos out there, but if we could move beyond the few starting presets then there'd be a use for all of that temperature, wind and rain data that's saved with every lap time.

Some courses need much more work than others to make them ready for 24h cycles, for every bafflingly easy fix like the Nürb variants that don't use the existing 24h cycle, there are others like Dragon Trail Seaside and Blue Moon Bay that need dozens or hundreds of lights configured.

Due to the time needed, the matter of optimising it for PS4 as well, and how much of a difference it would make, I imagine complete (or closer to complete) weather and time systems would be a focus for GT8 as a selling point.

No. The game needs more tracks. They are the life blood of a racing game.
Well what certain tracks do you want to see them make for the next couple years? Maybe they could add a Special Stage 5 or 11 track, or similar to a technical one like the ones from Tokyo.

Dang, that guy was rude as hell to Kaz. So I guess the update on January 25th will feature some new cars. We don't need anymore tracks right now. I think there are enough to satisfy the drivers and players of the game.

Firstly twitter is full of people like that for every game, who cares.

Secondly there are not enough tracks in the game, which is why we get deep forest and grand Valley in daily races every second week.

Thirdly GT doesn't need new cars, it needs to use the cars it has in the game better. Most of them are unusable due to crap tuning, no events, or no BoP with other cars.

If every car in the game fit into a category - or multiple categories - as balanced as Group 3, then you would have so much more replays value in the game.

Last edited:
Well what certain tracks do you want to see them make for the next couple years? Maybe they could add a Special Stage 5 or 11 track, or similar to a technical one like the ones from Tokyo.

I for myself would just wish them to add 1 more city track (like Monaco for example) and something like Eiger Nordwand or Pikes Peak, than I would be happy, that would give enough diversity in the track-roster

Gt7 has 38 different track locations, so the problem is not tracks their is plenty it just that pd dosen’t take use of many Tracks in the game, while it would be nice with more og tracks or new real Tracks, the car list is absolutly more outdated campared to the track list, most other racing games has less than 30 track locations, the new fm has just 23, so its not so much i need for new tracks as fm e.x

GT7 has actually a lot of Tracks, the problem is that there a not many Enduro(long) races...
They are not using the most of Tracks in a way that they should do!!
agreed, if they included a minimum 5 lap race on every track for every category in game.... then with minimal effort you would have 100's more races and uniform track utilization. It is incomprehensible that some tracks have just 2 or 3 campaign races on them in the entire game

Gt7 has 38 different track locations, so the problem is not tracks their is plenty it just that pd dosen’t take use of many Tracks in the game, while it would be nice with more og tracks or new real Tracks, the car list is absolutly more outdated campared to the track list, most other racing games has less than 30 track locations, the new fm has just 23, so its not so much i need for new tracks as fm e.x
Real tracks are timeless so i leave them out, they are fine. I didn't do any research so feel free to correct me, or don't...
My question is: Doesn't it bother you that the original tracks are like what, 7 years old now(?) ?

Calculation: Total of 38 locations - Real life tracks - Rally/Ovals - Tracks disliked by community (tracks almost never in use and there's many of those) = Not that many viable/good tracks IMO

Also if you enjoy driving low-mid PP road cars like i do, there's only a handful compact sized tracks (even when counting real tracks.)
I'd say track list is definitely the weaker one of these two.

Last edited:
Honestly after the Spec 2 update there's not a lot I'm left wanting. Endurance events are what I still want, but in reality we can make them ourselves in Custom Races with a decent payout finally, even if it's not as high a payout as it should be (i.e. equal to the payouts from the big 3 (Spa, La Sarthe & Tokyo).

Honestly after the Spec 2 update there's not a lot I'm left wanting. Endurance events are what I still want, but in reality we can make them ourselves in Custom Races with a decent payout finally, even if it's not as high a payout as it should be (i.e. equal to the payouts from the big 3 (Spa, La Sarthe & Tokyo).
Well, yes. But, you either have the AI driving at a snail's pace at about 40 - 50% of the way through the race (no boost) or you have one AI breathing down your neck for the whole race (boost weak). There is no in between and it has become boring and predictable as well.

Real tracks are timeless so i leave them out, they are fine. I didn't do any research so feel free to correct me, or don't...
My question is: Doesn't it bother you that the original tracks are like what, 7 years old now(?)

Calculation:
Total of 38 locations - Real life tracks - Rally/Ovals - Tracks disliked by community (tracks almost never in use and there's many of those) = Not that many viable/good tracks IMO

Also if you enjoy driving low-mid PP road cars like i do, there's only a handful compact sized/complex tracks (even when counting real tracks.)
I'd say track list is definitely the weaker part of these two.

Tracks is always personal preference, track list is not weak, even if it would be nice with more tracks, only a few racing games have more tracks, the issue here is how pd take use of them, the car list is absolutly more outdated than the track list, their is no question about that,

Last edited:
I second that.
Recently I have started afresh on a second account and I must say I really like the game and have few complaints.

Back