Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,285 comments
You know what would be great? You could take a car like a Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am to GT Auto, and in addition to the other paints you can buy, you can buy the paint schemes that come with that car, and they'd be exclusively be able to be applied to that particular model. (Whereas you can apply the base color to any car you get.) This would be fantastic for cars that come with decals, like the aforementioned Firebird, as well as the 1973 version of the BMW 3.0 CSL, or the Plymouth Superbird.
Would be even better if we could just apply default decals to a any custom paint/livery

Had a dream last night, that kaz released silhouttes with 24 cars, and remember that their was Porsche 991 turbo s in there, then woke up and relised it was just a dream, but its kind of crazy how real dreams can feel😊
I know this feeling. About a month ago I had one of those nonsense dreams. I remember that Kaz used to tease the cars for an upcoming update in the weirdest way possible.

He basically used to retweet posts from random people containing like a collage of some cars (like some folks actually do in real life, begging for some specific models), and he always wrote "one of these cars is coming in the next update", and the same sentence in Japanese right below. He used to do this like five times on five different random posts to create the car selection. Our goal was to try to guess the right car that would come for each random collage he reposted rather than investigating silhouettes.

Does it make any sense? Of course not, it's a dream. 😂

I too dream of Kaz…
IMG_0986.gif
IMG_0987.jpeg

Servers seem to be acting up with regards to lobbies. The league I run is held on Sunday evenings (GMT) and this is now the 2nd case of bad timing for server issues.
Any idea on what's going on?

Seems to be the search list in particular that's broken.
Getting error code: AF-160B10
I have a similar issue. We previously arranged a race on the 17th of December but had to postpone it till January because the servers were acting up. This was the day after one of the official streamed GT events. We moved it o the 14th Jan however the servers were acting up yesterday and not sure if it will go ahead.

Seems to be a regular occurance these days, would be good if they could just give us a heads up or y'know, fix it.

Last edited:
So the January update will be one VGT, one fake Sony car, and what else, another Skyline?
Release date "TBA" according to this

Also seems that Sony is collaborating with everyone lol
IMG_2956.jpg

Last edited:
You know what would be great? You could take a car like a Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am to GT Auto, and in addition to the other paints you can buy, you can buy the paint schemes that come with that car, and they'd be exclusively be able to be applied to that particular model. (Whereas you can apply the base color to any car you get.) This would be fantastic for cars that come with decals, like the aforementioned Firebird, as well as the 1973 version of the BMW 3.0 CSL, or the Plymouth Superbird.
I've been wanting a feature like this since the very beginning. Like sometimes in the UCD or Hagerty, the car you want is there, but not in the color you've been hoping it would be in. This would be an excellent quality of life feature nonetheless.

I would like to see Seattle return, I even updated the route a few years ago. But, rationally, I believe that Seattle's return is impossible.

I believe that the sporting spirit adopted by franchise, starting from GT Sport, prevents us from seeing GT3 and LMP1 cars making crazy jumps in Sport Mode. This would be a mockery for the reputation of the GT franchise that wants to consolidate itself in international e-sport.

Regarding Special Stage Route 5 and derivatives, I also have no hope of returning. I believe the routes Tokyo Expressaway came from are the modernized versions and spiritual sequels to SSR5.

View attachment 1317026

Because of this and pretending that someone from the PD is reading this, I would suggest that they place the SSR5 layout in a new city, perhaps Los Angeles or São Paulo, or in another terrain, as was done with Grand Valley , perhaps transforming the SSR5 and SSR11 layout into a permanent circuit version (autodrome).

View attachment 1317032
Seattle is largely still drivable (I’ve done it in the past year), it’s primarily the scenery that’s changed. The only definitive differences are

1). The turnaround at the start, not sure where progress on construction is now but that may now need to be two 90° around a block rather than a sharp 180 on Alaskan Way.

And 2). Since all versions of Seattle were based off a 1997-1999 era data capture for GT2, you need to extend further south around the new stadiums that were built in the early 2000s. The old layout would be inside the Seahawk’s stadium otherwise.

Other than that there’d be little change to the route, I’ll have time in February to scout out the city and see where construction places things now. The only real limiting factor is PD’s ability to model street circuits at all. One advantage Seattle has over other old city courses from the series is that the elevation helps reduce detailed background modeling work, like in the Tokyo Expressway examples someone posted a few pages back. Westward is the ocean, Eastward-ish is mostly uphill, and where it isn’t there’s usually large warehouses that block views of deep distance. The biggest issues will be turns with the let you see open views to the North/South-ish. Those are fairly level, and will require a large amount of detail put into the backdrop.

Last edited:
On a side-note: would be great to see the newly added "Dashboard" on Gran Turismos online page under "my user site" or whatever it is called in English.

A shame that games stopped doing companion-apps (true, most where not very helpful). If i had my garage on my phone i would use it for countless hours of tuning sheets etc

Question: in sport mode, does BoP affect all tuning (suspension, brake balance, LSD and so on) or just weight and power tuning?
It's a combination of two settings on the event. BoP locks weight/power, and then "Car Settings" defines which non-weight/power tuning settings then get unlocked to play around with (normally just brake balance and occasionally suspension and downforce), with the others being locked to default settings.

It's a combination of two settings on the event. BoP locks weight/power, and then "Car Settings" defines which non-weight/power tuning settings then get unlocked to play around with (normally just brake balance and occasionally suspension and downforce), with the others being locked to default settings.
Ok thanks. Wow, there’s so much against using sport mode. It seems so needlessly compromised, and it’s meant to be a big selling point. Madness, what a mess!

Ok thanks. Wow, there’s so much against using sport mode. It seems so needlessly compromised, and it’s meant to be a big selling point. Madness, what a mess!
What? It's just BoP (literally Balance of Performance) and then sometimes you can adjust some suspension settings.
There's a lot to be said about the issues in Sport Mode but I'm not sure how those two things are madness or a mess?

What? It's just BoP (literally Balance of Performance) and then sometimes you can adjust some suspension settings.
There's a lot to be said about the issues in Sport Mode but I'm not sure how those two things are madness or a mess?
I understand the power and weight aspect, that’s fine and to be expected - but not (always) being able to tweak your suspension, downforce or LSD settings? Madness! Madness I tell you!

Different tracks call for different set ups for a start

Last edited:
Back