Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,285 comments
Add me to those who have no nostalgia or attachment to the Tokyo track. I've seen vids and it looks ok I guess, nothing special. If they're going to bring back an old classic my vote would be for Autumn Ring (if we're going the nostalgic route let's go all the way back to the beginning).
I grew up with GT3 where it was introduced and also think it's just okay lol

But I think it's just cool to have a fictional track authentically based on a real location that works decently for racing, that's completely exclusive to the series too.

Last edited:
Surely there has to be enough existing assets to make a convincing fictional city track or two just by flipping, rotating, recolouring, “burying”, and other methods of reusing said existing assets. Or is Kaz’s ethos that city tracks must be based on real locations?

There ia no January prediction thread this time??🤔🤔🤔
Given what these usually end up as (and how they are ALWAYS posted up as soon as the latest one comes out), I think its best there isn't one now or ever again. There's making solid predictions and then there's thinly veiled wishlists.

Something I just noticed recently:
In GT7, the 2008 GT-R GT500 retains some of the rear decals when prompted to delete default livery. This isn't the case in GT Sport; however I have not yet tested if imports from GT Sport with base livery retains its status quo from GT Sport, since I am currently making Pirelli tire bases for the carryover Gr.3+ (and SF19 and Gr.B) cars.
1704497677444.png

1704497690092.png

what if?
every gt had some sort of DLC challenge..tt+ special vehicle..( hamilton W, rb x )

if they sponsor super gt serie..what if they would make scenario mode races,Q ? gt500 ( Nissan, toyota, Honda) + 2 tracks ( sugo, motegi )

as I am aware people enjoyed ham challenge, vettel challenge before...
with scenario mode( win from 7th place, one lap magic qualifying ( dry,rain ), pit for softs after rain has gone..etc ) you would actually get vehicles to use and tracks..real ones..+ they could also use sophy as ai..and bump up difficulty...

exept, if they will not do anything for GT7

As someone living in Tokyo, I'd prefer a city course in a European city (Rome, Paris, Lissabon, Brussels, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Stockholm, Budapest, anything goes) over R246 to be honest. Also, if I could design a course in Tokyo I'd include a bridge over the Tamagawa or Sumidagawa. Then again, I've no nostalgic attachment to R246 as I've never really played a GT game before Gt Sport.

There is no denying that there is a feeling of nostalgia for Tokyo R246. But there is a rational basis. This urban circuit, together with the SSR5 and Rome Night, is the best city circuit that PD has done, in my opinion, as it has a great flow of speed and mainly has its own "Eau Rouge", sixth corner, to the left. Getting the line of that curve right saves a lot of time. The return of the R246 would only enrich the Sport Mode, which is currently very repetitive, and would promote great disputes.

Last edited:
It's bad enough I only have a T150 wheel that is dying. (Which I had to beg for my girlfriend as Christmas present and going up against people who have anywhere from $5,000 to $15,000 racing setups. I also had to convince her it's a racing simulation and not a game as of course she doesn't think a 42-year-old man should play games.
Come on mate are you seriously complaining that your gf spent several hundred on a present that you clearly BS'd her about

If you can't make DR:A on an entry level wheel you won't make it on a $15k set-up which by the way noone I know who made GT finals actually uses so it's better to drop that excuse because it won't make you any faster

Just look at the top times for daily races, load their ghost times, practice for those combinations heaps until you improve, then enter races because when you do, you will invariably start up the front because C rated people generally don't put the effort in.

Do that combo for 10 or 15 races and you will be A rated in no time

I don't know if you saw Nills video on LDMH but this as got me into wanting PD to add these cars.

One of the things that GT7 lacks is a class of cars beyond gr3 that can provide the same level of balance, while having a diverse set of cars to choose from.

Gr2 is great to drive but when you mix and match the cars from different eras balance can sometimes go out the window.

Gr1 is even worse, probably because the rules under which the cars were built were not fit to have balanced cars.

And then you have the single make races with super formula and the redbulls.

I would love to have LMP3/2 but they would be just another single make races.

That makes the LMDH or the GTP Prototypes the obvious choice. Would you like to see these cars added to the game? There's plenty of different manufacturers, most of them already in the game.

Gr.1 is the same fate of Gr.4. PD dug too deep a hole and painted themselves into a corner. They haven’t even programmed World Circuit races to feature certain drivetrains and years. However, Sport Mode had its fair share of Gr.4 FF models only, a race featuring Gr.4 Corvette versus Gr.4 Cayman.

Still not utilising the tools correctly. No multi-class racing. It‘s ironic because, they had a brief video clip of LMPs from 2016+the GT-R LM, with Gr.3(C6, 911 and Viper) cars at la Sarthe.

They also had that 30 car multi-class mission race in GT Sport. Where is a similar event?
For the players that don’t use Custom Race, I’m thinking players will never see such events, created by PD.

Last edited:
PD should make a new Special Stage in Melbourne, along with Albert Park GP track. They have to stop ignoring my city because it has a fantastic car culture and a rich motor sport history dating back to the 50's. Also, a lot of Supercar teams are based here too, with Walkinshaw in Clayton, Team 18 in Mount Waverley, Tickford in Campbellfield, Grove in Dandenong South and Blanchard Racing in Box Hill. It's the perfect location for a car game.

I even have a potential route:
View attachment 1316189
Having been to Melbourne, I can honestly say it's my favourite city in Australia. Of the one's I have visited of course. A track there could look very nice.

Last edited:
I would like to see Seattle return, I even updated the route a few years ago. But, rationally, I believe that Seattle's return is impossible.

I believe that the sporting spirit adopted by franchise, starting from GT Sport, prevents us from seeing GT3 and LMP1 cars making crazy jumps in Sport Mode. This would be a mockery for the reputation of the GT franchise that wants to consolidate itself in international e-sport.

Regarding Special Stage Route 5 and derivatives, I also have no hope of returning. I believe the routes Tokyo Expressaway came from are the modernized versions and spiritual sequels to SSR5.

1i12d8633w361.jpg

Because of this and pretending that someone from the PD is reading this, I would suggest that they place the SSR5 layout in a new city, perhaps Los Angeles or São Paulo, or in another terrain, as was done with Grand Valley , perhaps transforming the SSR5 and SSR11 layout into a permanent circuit version (autodrome).

ssr5ssr11.png

Last edited:
I would like to see Seattle return, I even updated the route a few years ago. But, rationally, I believe that Seattle's return is impossible.

I believe that the sporting spirit adopted by franchise, starting from GT Sport, prevents us from seeing GT3 and LMP1 cars making crazy jumps in Sport Mode. This would be a mockery for the reputation of the GT franchise that wants to consolidate itself in international e-sport.

Regarding Special Stage Route 5 and derivatives, I also have no hope of returning. I believe the routes Tokyo Expressaway came from are the modernized versions and spiritual sequels to SSR5.

View attachment 1317026

Because of this and pretending that someone from the PD is reading this, I would suggest that they place the SSR5 layout in a new city, perhaps Los Angeles or São Paulo, or in another terrain, as was done with Grand Valley , perhaps transforming the SSR5 and SSR11 layout into a permanent circuit version (autodrome).

View attachment 1317032
I know one track I miss, Special Stage Route 11, it was a cool urban track and technical city to drive on at night. I think the next update won't be until January 24 or 25th. Someone mentioned it in the Discord chatroom.

Hi guys and girls,

I've been trying the Gr.3 race on maggiore. The 5 lap race that is available early on. I play on normal difficulty and the prerace screen shows 2 pepers.I finish between 4-6 and it seems AI is faster on the straights and accelerating out of the corners. Not sure what I am doing wrong?

I ain't driving miss Daisy either...🫣

Servers seem to be acting up with regards to lobbies. The league I run is held on Sunday evenings (GMT) and this is now the 2nd case of bad timing for server issues.
Any idea on what's going on?

Seems to be the search list in particular that's broken.
Getting error code: AF-160B10

Last edited:
Would be great if they'd acknowledge and fix the 'Unexpected Error' crashing in Lobby mode that's been happening the last month now. Both of my group's events this weekend have been postponed/ended prematurely.

Hey I just noticed that the majority of the (new) Aston Martins in this game are left hand drive. What gives, PD?

On a similar note, it’d be cool if you could select/change which hand the cars all come in, to help with the immersion in VR. Or does it do that?

Maybe the cars they got their hands on for scanning are from a left-hand drive region? Granted from what I remember, the Valkyrie itself is Left-hand Drive by default but still.

Last edited:
You know what would be great? You could take a car like a Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am to GT Auto, and in addition to the other paints you can buy, you can buy the paint schemes that come with that car, and they'd be exclusively be able to be applied to that particular model. (Whereas you can apply the base color to any car you get.) This would be fantastic for cars that come with decals, like the aforementioned Firebird, as well as the 1973 version of the BMW 3.0 CSL, or the Plymouth Superbird.

Last edited:
Back