Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,286 comments
Thirdly GT doesn't need new cars, it needs to use the cars it has in the game better. Most of them are unusable due to crap tuning, no events, or no BoP with other cars.

If every car in the game fit into a category - or multiple categories - as balanced as Group 3, then you would have so much more replays value in the game.

I second this.

The Tokyo 600 pp 12 laps and the recent Clubman Cup+ races show that there is potential for fun on road cars.

Hell, why not a 700 pp, Sport tire-only tuning car grand prix style racing? This will result in a plethora of possibilities, and will also challenge our tuning knowledge, plus the fact that engine swaps are a lot more accessible.

Without wanting to derail this into any kind of wish list thread; something I think would be really cool would be a ‘championship creator’. Something similar to custom race, except instead of setting up a race on a single track, it’s a list of tracks. I wouldn’t even be bothered if there was no prize pot at the end. I just really want like an efficient way to race all day on a rainy weekend, just load up a ‘playlist’ of favourite tracks racing against my favourite cars and away I go, without having to navigate around menus after each race.

Obviously it’s unlikely to ever happen, and a lot more important things need to happen first even if it did.

But how great a feature would that be? :lol:

Last edited:
Without wanting to derail this into any kind of wish list thread; something I think would be really cool would be a ‘championship creator’. Something similar to custom race, except instead of setting up a race on a single track, it’s a list of tracks. I wouldn’t even be bothered if there was no prize pot at the end. I just really want like an efficient way to race all day on a rainy weekend, just load up a ‘playlist’ of favourite tracks racing against my favourite cars and away I go, without having to navigate around menus after each race.

Obviously it’s unlikely to ever happen, and a lot more important things need to happen first even if it did.

But how great a feature would that be? :lol:
To be fair you can do this in about 5 minutes work by saving a custom race settings sheet and opening an Excel spreadsheet.

It'd be cool, but it's nothing you can't already do yourself with a tiny bit of effort.

Yeah but i mean, to be fair, nobody has even posted anything in there since like, last year. Most of the threads in there don’t even have a single reply. Maybe it’d be best to kinda relax the rules on what can be posted where to make the forum more concise without all these flabby bits that aren’t even looked at barely. I mean, I don’t even know how to get to that page from the main index page! Whack everything on one big GT7 main page, wishlists, tunes, photos, the lot. It’d be much tidier that way, I reckon. It’s your forum though, run it however you want obviously.

Last edited:
This is why you can tune your cars, you HAVE the ability to make them stable to your liking...
Frankly I have had limited success using tuning, it is a big turn off to drop money into the cars and then have them be very poor out of the box, especially compared to games like GT2, and considering the physics update changes that happen every few months that are done to service the online (racing cars) component of the game.

They could have chosen a lot of other tracks, there are plenty to chose from, they lack imagination or motivation, not sure.

In the meantime I am all for new track too.

I definitely agree they lack imagination and motivation, but also I think their issue is that the tracks they've added for GT7 aren't good fits for the vehicle classes that are well balanced.

The new Alsace track is crap, the Maggiore tracks are not used (some variants might be worth a try), Lake Louise is never getting high rotation.

So you are left with four tracks that weren't in GT Sport - Watkins Glen, Daytona, Trial Mountain and Deep Forest. It's a slim offering

Last edited:
Frankly I have had limited success using tuning, it is a big turn off to drop money into the cars and then have them be very poor out of the box
There is a section here in the GT7 forum that is nothing but tunes and there are two garages I can recommend...

Last edited:
Forza Motorsport has added 3 tracks since it's launch 4 months ago. How many tracks have been added to GT7 in the space of 22 months? Also 3. Why? PD are asleep at the wheel yet again when it comes to new content. Why can't we have Motegi? Why can't we have Sugo? Okayama? Imola? How pathetic. It's as if PD are putting up all these barriers and excuses to justify their reasoning for such neglect of a huge IP that has been part of Sony's PlayStation portfolio for many years. But PD won't care because the game is still raking in the cash. Concurrent player numbers don't mean anything, do they? I want this game to be better. I want to see more effort being put in but I don't and it's frustrating.

Forza Motorsport has added 3 tracks since it's launch 4 months ago. How many tracks have been added to GT7 in the space of 22 months? Also 3. Why? PD are asleep at the wheel yet again when it comes to new content. Why can't we have Motegi? Why can't we have Sugo? Okayama? Imola? How pathetic. It's as if PD are putting up all these barriers and excuses to justify their reasoning for such neglect of a huge IP that has been part of Sony's PlayStation portfolio for many years. But PD won't care because the game is still raking in the cash. Concurrent player numbers don't mean anything, do they? I want this game to be better. I want to see more effort being put in but I don't and it's frustrating.
Interestingly, next month it will be a year since Grand Valley Highway was added to the game. It's a bit strange to think that GT7 spent its second year with the addition of just one asphalt circuit, competitive and suitable for Sport Mode.

It's strange considering the GT Sport updates and the first year of GT7, which saw two important circuits added. I would say that not even the worst of pessimists would bet that 2023 would be the year of just Grand Valley Highway.

PS: I don't count Lake Louise, because, let's be honest, it's a circuit without any appeal. It is never used in the Lobby, nor in Sport Mode. My heart wishes 2024 would be different, but my mind says that if we have a circuit it will be a great victory.

I wouldn't compare that to Forza because they had low number of tracks from the start and now they rushing to add them back , plus that game lost appeal quite quickly

GT7 added Watkins Glen , Road Atlanta , Grand Valley Highway 1 , Lake Louise + other layouts to existing tracks

I just don't see that as low number tracks added , don't get me wrong i would love all those japanese tracks + add weather to more tracks but as usual PD takes it's own time to do stuff

and who knows maybe we will get that Montreal GP someday :P

Last edited:
Forza launched with 20 tracks and GT7 with 35…

My take is that Turn10 did hold back some tracks from release just to drip feed content and make impression that they are doing more. Notice that all of added tracks in Forza were in FM7 and are mostly ports with some improvements. PD did actually make new tracks first time in series. So yeah. If Turn10 will match GT7 track number and still keep adding 1 track every month the we can compare these two. For now PD did better job with their game giving us more polished expirience with more content.

Rather interesting that you say this while ignoring some very glaring issues that Turn 10 only recently finally admitted to, which include:

• Incredibly painful progression (Possibly even slower grind then GT considering the whole upgrade system is per individual car)
  • Less then ideal AI (which is interesting considering it was advertised as something using "Machine Learning")
  • Insufficient Penalty system (Because you know what players really ask for from another big name simcade? More instances of you being rammed off the track and the perpetrator not being sufficently punished enough)

Let's not sit here and pretend for a minute that Forza has been miles better just because they released more content more often for your taste (Some of which is literally content from the last game that for some reason wasn't in from Day 1).

I still dream of being able to race against GT Sophy in longer races.

I'm sure we'll get to a stage where we can race against them driving more cars across more tracks.

As much I want Endurance events, I want to race GT Sophy in them.

Actually, what I still dream about is having a GT League with progression tied to all those regular and master licenses I worked so hard to get...

Doesn't hold much value against what the main campaign mode is.

Hopefully in GT8 we'll get GT Sophy as the default AI, as well as a properly designed career mode with a healthy number of events for each car category (and more importantly sub category) in the game.

There are still too many cars with no use in the Event Directory.

Hoping that if there's a January update, it comes with a decent set of endurance races

I wouldn't compare that to Forza because they had low number of tracks from the start and now they rushing to add them back , plus that game lost appeal quite quickly

GT7 added Watkins Glen , Road Atlanta , Grand Valley Highway 1 , Lake Louise + other layouts to existing tracks

I just don't see that as low number tracks added , don't get me wrong i would love all those japanese tracks + add weather to more tracks but as usual PD takes it's own time to do stuff

and who knows maybe we will get that Montreal GP someday :P
Wise words Sir.

4 Tracks have been added since gt7 launch witch is not a lot, but it launched with 34 Tracks while fm only launched with 20 Tracks, so fm needs to push out tracks in a faster rate, and its pretty clear that they had more track ready but decide to dripfeed instead, there is no way they make a conpletly new track from scratch in 1 month, and a lot of content in latest update is recycled content from previous game, i am not defending gt7 lack of content and how slow it has been, but mostly they add new stuff thats not been part of franshise, even after 2 years gt7 is not where it needs be, gt7 is still in a far better state than fm is in, feels more polished overall,

Forza Motorsport has added 3 tracks since it's launch 4 months ago.
you do realise these are tracks that were in FM7 right?
How many tracks have been added to GT7 in the space of 22 months?
and that these tracks are not from GT Sport
Also 3. Why? PD are asleep at the wheel yet again when it comes to new content. Why can't we have Motegi? Why can't we have Sugo? Okayama? Imola?
Licensing, you should google it
How pathetic.
it's rather pathetic that you've fallen for T10's drip feed content thinking its a success to of added 3 tracks from the previous title in 4 months.

Edit: just to add it took 4 months from launch for GT7 to have a new track added, it's 4 months into FM2023 and they're only adding in tracks from FM7, work out the math on that one for me...

Last edited:
OK liveries on hold for the next update.....................

1705569275908.png

PS: I don't count Lake Louise, because, let's be honest, it's a circuit without any appeal. It is never used in the Lobby, nor in Sport Mode. My heart wishes 2024 would be different, but my mind says that if we have a circuit it will be a great victory.
I disagree that Lake Louise shouldn't count. It's having quirky stuff like Lake Louise (or Alsace Test) that in my mind separates GT's track list for the better from the legion of sims out there (including FM8 since people have brought it up) that have curated their track list to be exclusively about standard circuit racing and maybe ovals. Which is cool for the people for whom that's the focus, but for me it gets stale.

Mate, it's literally my e-mail. Tell me what you would like to see and I can show you.
While I don't doubt that the email is real, I wouldn't put full faith into a PlayStation support employee being correct about this.

Of course, I don't doubt the date at all now, since it's the only one that makes sense, but when it was first posted I wasn't entirely sure.

Please. If you think what PD is doing is "pathetic" you haven't seen anything yet. What FM2023 has now is content that should have been in the game since day1. It's STILL bareboned and it's embarrassing for T10. Adding more tracks and more cars won't change anything if the basic formula of the game is wrong in every way possible.
I've played FM 3-4-5-6-7 religiously over the years and I've never been this angry at T10. I bought the Xbox Series X and FM2023 a few weeks ago. I never play it anymore for obvious reasons. 6 years of development for nothing. The game has no soul, the career is boring, the car progression system is just outrageous and doesn't make you want to progress at all. There's nothing even remotely interesting to do.
If you check the official forum, out of 429 users who voted 52% said that they stopped playing the game.

T10 acknowledging the issue after 3-4 months of bad reviews, bad comments, low number of active players, won't make them magically change the system. The game is what it is. They literally say they will keep the dumb car progression because for some users it works...(wut?).
Communication was supposed to be Turn 10's strong suit. Somehow it isn't, since they came up with such horrendous next gen sequel and they refuse to cut the 💩 .

I used to criticize GT7/PD a lot and I regret it, because I didn't know what was happening on the other side of the fence yet.
I only stopped playing GT7 when 1.41 dropped because for some reason PD weakened to the minimum the vibrations on the dualshock4 and I couldn't feel the road anymore. My PS+ expired and I fired up GT7 again a few days ago: I did a bunch of qualifying laps for Daily B and it seems like they "ninja patched" the game and the vibration went back up a notch. I'm gonna renew my PS+ and play in Daily B again because I love it, despite the flaws in the penalty system.

Last edited:
While I don't doubt that the email is real, I wouldn't put full faith into a PlayStation support employee being correct about this.

Of course, I don't doubt the date at all now, since it's the only one that makes sense, but when it was first posted I wasn't entirely sure.
I see. I guess we all experienced how difficult it is to reach support and PD at all for anything. So me actually getting answer and even the date confirmation if one in a million haha... maybe I should go buy lottery, an answer mail from PD is a sign.
No seriously I am just persistent and I already reported this bug and others and got many "no"'s but eventually after many contacts from my side they did replied.
Check one of my earlier reports. It's in swedish and this time it was after 1.40 B spec update. And answer I am getting is that I am wrong. But I didn't gave up and eventually got right and it will be fixed.
1000018306.png
1000018307.png

Back