Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,978 comments
May I ask why people constantly are talking about GT8 when GT7 is still being supported? Do you think it will offer an experience far beyond what GT7 does? I personally don’t think so. I believe GT7 provides exactly what PD wants to do these days.
Agreed. This game is far from dead and will be supported with constant updates for another 1-2 years at least. Not dead at all and the high player count and sales clearly shows that. GT8 won't be out earlier than 2026 or most likely 2027 as a late era PS5 game before PS6 come out in 2028

Last edited:
May I ask why people constantly are talking about GT8 when GT7 is still being supported? Do you think it will offer an experience far beyond what GT7 does? I personally don’t think so. I believe GT7 provides exactly what PD wants to do these days.
My assumption is a large part of the community have lost faith in GT7 at this point and already hoping GT8 does better.

My assumption is a large part of the community have lost faith in GT7 at this point and already hoping GT8 does better.

It’s the kind of assumption that may very well lead to disappointment. GT7 was PD’s opportunity to give people the kind of GT game most players wanted after GT Sport, but they didn’t. I fail to see why GT8 will be much different then.

Honestly, I don't feel the need for GT8 anytime soon. And I'm not saying this because I don't have a PS5 and that title will probably be released only on that console, or in any case it certainly won't be released on PS4 anymore. After all, I could get a PS5 at any time if I wanted.

I say that I don't feel the need for GT8 anytime soon because GT7 is already a great product, with great potential, but which would need some adjustments. More cars, more tracks, more events (inexplicable not yet having an event with Gr. 1 cars at Le Mans, for example). It's something that could very well be added to GT7, without necessarily needing GT8. And I really hope they do, because I agree with @Raf997 when he says that GT8 isn't coming out anytime soon.

So I hope they make GT7 a sort of GaaS, in the sense of guaranteeing it post-launch support for at least another full year, or maybe two. I don't see it as an impossible thing.

Last edited:
Quick question: did they fix that bug where if you enter a car in a BoP race, and then return to the garage, it won’t show whether the oil has been degraded?

EDIT: Never mind, looks like they did. Just did the GT Cup Gr.3 race at Mt. Panorama, which has BoP on, and my oil did go to "normal" afterwards.

Last edited:
A GTWS driver wants to protest by sitting themselves out of GTWS until they get a new asphalt track and race car(s); I think that should have been for general communication issues.

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

What sort of tarmac track and/or race car would this guy be satisfied with, anyway? Would he be OK with a race car that doesn't go into any of the major groups, perhaps such as if they added the Ford GT40 Mk.II that won the 1966 LM24? Because I would totally be down for that one. Otherwise, I think if I had to pick one new car for Gr.3, I think Ferrari could desperately use something new - perhaps in the form of the 296 GT3. As for tarmac courses of the solely real-world variety, I'd go nuts if we got Lime Rock Park, but I'd totally be fine with the return of Twin Ring Motegi, too, or Indy with its infield course.
Finally, Daihatsu Midget
I would actually like more Daihatsus. Namely, not just the Midget II that we love so dearly, but also the newer Copen GR Sport. Heck, there are a number of kei cars we could benefit from, like the Mazda Autozam AZ-1 or the iconic Suzuki Alto Works. Better yet would be the classic Subaru R-2, specifically the earlier model that was featured in the manga You're Under Arrest.

Last edited:
Not sure how better to explain it without spoiling, but the next update will have a car that most people will definitely be pleased with.

No comment on tracks because at this point it's too early to say yes or no.
I have a question for you : How do you get the information? Do you have access to the database? And how can you be sure it's gonna be in the next update? Just a curiosity

At least we know it's a real car :D

I do wonder if maybe some stuff is getting saved for this year's GTWS and Toyota GR Cup? I could see the TS020 being saved for a round of the latter.

EDIT: I also just realized that I now have at least one of every car that's exclusive to the UCD, so it's nice that I'm all caught up for now. Now I'm gonna focus on the LCD, and there's really only two cars I really want from there that come in multiple colors. There's the Porsche 911 GT1 Street Version, which I'd prefer in white or silver, then there's that older Dodge Charger, which I want in black with the red decals. But other than that, the only other LCD cars I don't have yet only come in a single color, so I'm totally OK with waiting for those.

Last edited:
I have a question for you : How do you get the information? Do you have access to the database? And how can you be sure it's gonna be in the next update? Just a curiosity

At least we know it's a real car :D
Not something I really want to explain too much, as if PD become aware there's probably ways they can close it off in the future.

I'm never 100% certain it's always the next update but past experience has made me pretty confident - if I'd only just found this then I wouldn't tell you it's the next update, but it's proven right every time so far.

Not sure how better to explain it without spoiling, but the next update will have a car that most people will definitely be pleased with.

So it is Toyota GT One or a modern GT3/Le mans hyper car??🤔🤔

Last edited:
Not something I really want to explain too much, as if PD become aware there's probably ways they can close it off in the future.

I'm never 100% certain it's always the next update but past experience has made me pretty confident - if I'd only just found this then I wouldn't tell you it's the next update, but it's proven right every time so far.
No problem, this hint is cool enough!
(Please be M4 DTM 🙏 🙏 :D )

Could it be...

Toyota GT-One TS020
Any Super GT GT500
Any new Gr. 3
Any new Le Mans Hypercar/LMDh
Any Koenigsegg or Lotus

???

Last edited:
Back