Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,803 comments
You do begin to wonder just what went wrong at PD in recent years to end up in a position with such an outdated line-up of competition cars. Must be quite an embarrassing situation for PD when so much of their business is focused on OEM relations and public events.
But what an amazing line-up of VGTs !!

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I see the 963 has been announced for Forza Motorsport and is a paid item after a free introductory week.

I wonder if that's a business decision on Microsoft's part or if the 963 license is particularly expensive?

Either way GT7 is now the outlier with a desperately outdated Gr.1 line-up (I'm not factoring in Group C as this should be it's own historic class). GR010 aside, the most upto date prototypes in the game date from the 2016 season, added shortly after GT Sport's release. Same can be said for GT500 and the much discussed GT3 line-up which forms the basis of GTWS.

You do begin to wonder just what went wrong at PD in recent years to end up in a position with such an outdated line-up of competition cars. Must be quite an embarrassing situation for PD when so much of their business is focused on OEM relations and public events.
PD looks to be in a Toyota obsession regarding prototypes. I wouldn't be surprised if the TS010 or the 88 were to come before any other Hypercar.

I see the 963 has been announced for Forza Motorsport and is a paid item after a free introductory week.

I wonder if that's a business decision on Microsoft's part or if the 963 license is particularly expensive?
Just to focus on this bit - PD have backed themselves into corner, some would say thankfully so, where they can't do paid car content without generating a huge backlash.

Forza's BoP can get away with being potentially pay-to-win because they don't have a GTWS equivalent, nor does it have a big group of well known, vocal drivers who will loudly point out if qualification for Nations is decided by owning DLC or not.

Either way GT7 is now the outlier with a desperately outdated Gr.1 line-up (I'm not factoring in Group C as this should be it's own historic class). GR010 aside, the most upto date prototypes in the game date from the 2016 season, added shortly after GT Sport's release. Same can be said for GT500 and the much discussed GT3 line-up which forms the basis of GTWS.

When GT Sport debuted, it brought a significant roster of Gr.3 (GT3, GTE etc.) and Gr.4 (GT4 etc.) cars that weren't in GT6. Considering that GT Sport is a "Concept" version of GT7, which brought a little less than a dozen more race cars compared to GT Sport, it is very likely that PD is stocking several GT3, GT4, GT500, LMDh or LMh cars for its next game, be it Sport 2 or GT8.

Last edited:
Idk guys, I’d like to think the cars should have a certain relevance in automotive history or culture. Being „current gen“ doesn’t quite cut it imo.
I'd say the main thing about adding cars in this game are the amount of cars on track. Having only six certain relevant cars "in automotive history or culture" worked well back then.
When we got the sixteen cars on track, PD blessed us with official GT3 models, Super GT500 & GT300 grids, Dream Cars and their events, NASCAR, WRC, all the used cars players could want. DTM/GTC was iffy.
GT7 feels jumbled in comparison to the old games because we get a car and where does it go? Where are its rivals? Why are older cars placed with newer cars? All sorts of questions.
Some series are being addressed(JGTC).
Being classic or current gen really matters when they can be placed in a twenty car grid with their peers.

A little offtopic for those who think that GT8 is coming soon like next year or something ;)

I really do believe that GT7 will be „many years” project even until the end of generation. This is the state of industry right now.

Last edited:
What’s ambitious about Gran Turismo? Why would it take so long for a next game? Other than SOPHY.

Are PD trying to allow players to start driving around in Scapes like we see in the demos?

"Mark Cerny pointed out that video game development cycles have gotten much longer. While it takes several years to create consoles like the PS5, modern AAA games now often take close to a decade to develop."
Case in point is Rockstar's "Agent"
*This is supposed to be satirical, as it probably has been abandoned for a while now.

Case in point is Rockstar's "Agent"
*This is supposed to be satirical, as it probably has been abandoned for a while now.
Or Rockstar's GTA 6, which has been in some form of development since 2014, longer than the PS4's entire lifespan.

Just did the Asia-Oceania-Championship in a Toyota GR86 '21. Great fun as the other cars do have nice designs, it's a nice choice of tracks and i constantly tried to find a balance between speed and still managing to get CRB and not touch walls or cars.
:)

A shame that even championships have really poor payouts. I managed to get CRB on all 3 races and if i am correct it took me about 21 minutes which is about 460.000/hour with CRB!
:grumpy:

I feel like GT7 should take its time somewhat, even if I totally agree that there are numerous racers I could see coming to pretty much every group. Gr.1 is obvious enough, between the various LMH/LMDh cars that are currently running in IMSA/WEC, let alone other brands that've shown interest in potentially joining in the future. As for Group C cars being in its own class, I think instead, they should have their own tags, as should LMP1, LMH, etc. so that they can be included or excluded, without PD needing to make a separate BoP just for the Group C cars.

If I were at PD, I'd focus on updating the most egregiously old lineups, like for Hyundai and Ferrari. The former should be easy enough, as I could see a made-for-game Elantra N Gr.3 alongside the road car, plus maybe a TCR-spec machine for Gr.4. Ferrari could totally get the 296 GT3, too, though I'm unsure if what sort of Gr.4 car would be a good update. Meanwhile, Lexus could even get the GT300-spec LC 500h for a newer Gr.3 car, as it competed alongside the class-winning BRZ that we already have.

That said, for some brands, I don't know if anything can be done to update them, namely for brands like Mitsubishi and Dodge - though perhaps the latter could see a made-for-game Gr.3 car based on the upcoming Charger.

Last edited:
This game is a goddamn roller coaster to say the least. I’ve been enjoying it lately, then I decided to do the the 30 min Le Mans race and now I’m furious at the totally brain dead AI. I got PIT manoeuvred four times before I gave up.

Edit: Also, I had two tickets that I “opened” just now. One three star and one four star. I got a suspension kit… from both. Thank you sooo much PD! This game sucks.

Last edited:
But what an amazing line-up of VGTs !!

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
This but unironically. If you had told me in the starting stages of the program that we'd get designs from Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari, various design houses, and even a watchmaker that's never made an actual car, I would've called you insane. And yet, I've been really liking these latest entries into the program - certainly more than those from the likes of Mitsubishi and Subaru. Plus I actually like the VGTs that end up being Gr.1 entries for automakers that wouldn't have one, or at least not a contemporary one. I genuinely hope we get more VGTs, especially from other brands like Pininfarina, Citizen, Dallara, Bertone, Ford, Chevrolet, and who knows what else. I'd even be down for a new version of the Jaguar VGT SV that could be a hybrid, so it could be a newer Gr.1 entry.

Of course, I definitely hope that any new VGTs will be spaced out appropriately, mainly between new road/race cars as they already are at the moment.

Last edited:
This game is a goddamn roller coaster to say the least. I’ve been enjoying it lately, then I decided to do the the 30 min Le Mans race and now I’m furious at the totally brain dead AI. I got PIT manoeuvred four times before I gave up.

Edit: Also, I had two tickets that I “opened” just now. One three star and one four star. I got a suspension kit… from both. Thank you sooo much PD! This game sucks.
I actually just close my eyes and just hit X untill its done...i try not to acknowledge any of those rewards, they mostly do nothing for my progression and the daily workout car gift from GTSport was just fine, they should have kept it, altering the ability to sell gifted cars.

Last edited:

I have done this race hundreds of times and never had that problem. Maybe you need to get faster or use easy mode.

Edit: What car were you using. Maybe it is too slow and kept you around the AI cars. I use cars with tunes by Praiano and like I said I never had that problem. With the right car this race can be fun. Give it another chance.

Last edited:

Gr.B cars on Le Mans 30 mins is cheat

I just started this week’s special event and I had to pause after first lap to urge all those that haven't done it yet to go do it. This is the best single player event in the game. It may not be the most competitive (I'm sure the comedy events will retain that crown), but the cars and liveries... they really went out of their way to make this one special. I'm sad it will go away after this week and I just hope this will be turned into a championship sometime down the line.

Thanks PD. You really outdone yourselves.

I just started this week’s special event and I had to pause after first lap to urge all those that haven't done it yet to go do it. This is the best single player event in the game. It may not be the most competitive (I'm sure the comedy events will retain that crown), but the cars and liveries... they really went out of their way to make this one special. I'm sad it will go away after this week and I just hope this will be turned into a championship sometime down the line.

Thanks PD. You really outdone yourselves.
I think the JGTC event will be on another track, but yeah it should be a championship. We really need new championship events

Can you imagine if they did this event on a daily race and make all those cars balanced? And make you choose a rental with those liveries?

It would be a dream.
I'd rather they did a modern Super GT race, but that would mean having to add some recent cars and we know that's never going to happen.

Back