Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,803 comments
When will they understand this? This is no longer a game. This isn't a Forza where you destroy walls. This is not a Corsa that you install a mod on and drive. This is now a way of life. There are steering sets made for this game. It has its own social media, it has its own statistical tables. They have their own special tournaments. The things people feel when they get behind the wheel. corner entries, air gaps, suspension settings. People test themselves with these settings. Why don't they stand up for the society that is so caught up in realism? Game officials need to hear the voice of this community. Surveys must be organized and the desired innovations must be included. This is a work that has been preserved from GT1 to this day.

Well, I admire your efficiency. That’s crazy, man.
The weird thing is - I didn’t even go for efficiency. I did the Le Mans race once a day for a while, but that’s it. My playtime is also a lot of cruising on the nordschleife while listening to podcasts.

I also completed my garage before the weeklies became a thing. It should actually go significantly faster now.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, I don't like having so many negative opinions about the series I grew up with. Every once in a while, I try a career mode race, put some effort into making a themed custom race, or have a cool idea for a lobby room but am slapped with the results of such baffling decision making on PD's end (which I've lamented to death since release so I'll spare you). These issues being so easily solvable but so experience hampering is what wears me down. I'm happy for people who have found such sustainable fun in this game that they have no complaints but I and many others can't look past the wasted potential. A much better universal experience is right there but it just hasn't happened after 2 years, and is it so unreasonable to have those expectations of a company with over 25 years of experience and a AAA budget under its belt?

Believe it or not, I don't like having so many negative opinions about the series I grew up with. Every once in a while, I try a career mode race, put some effort into making a themed custom race, or have a cool idea for a lobby room but am slapped with the results of such baffling decision making on PD's end (which I've lamented to death since release so I'll spare you). These issues being so easily solvable but so experience hampering is what wears me down. I'm happy for people who have found such sustainable fun in this game that they have no complaints but I and many others can't look past the wasted potential. A much better universal experience is right there but it just hasn't happened after 2 years, and is it so unreasonable to have those expectations of a company with over 25 years of experience and a AAA budget under its belt?
Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

Last edited by a moderator:
What can't you do? Literally all the game content is there 100% of the time. Every race you had fun in is replayable. Custom races mean you can make any race you want and drive any car against any others, or none at all. The AI sucks, so that's why you jump into sport mode to play daily races, participate in online TTs, join the manufacturers cup or any other special league of the moment. That said there are many races where the AI is a formidable opponent, and there is also Sophy there that provides a pretty awesome and aggressive challenge for those who want more.

The weekly challenges provide extra incentive for doing some of the campaigns races again, and most weeks there are special week only events too. If I had the time I could have spent hours upon hours in just last weeks TT with the Porsche at the Nurburgring, perfecting driving my style and scratching for tenths to stay with the fast guys over in the TT discussion.

If that doesn't float your boat get on here and look into racing leagues and servers that host specific events... there is always stuff to do if you love cars and a challenge, and tons of awesome GTP members putting real time and effort into making unique, cool, fun, competitive lobbies where everyone has a good time.

For me, most of my limited time is spent in the TTs competing against myself and all the people over in the Time Trial thread, creating custom cars and liveries, and doing the weeklies and the occasional daily race... and sometimes just chilling out driving around in VR checking out the details of whatever track I choose. I don't have a lot of time to allocate to GT7 in my life right now, so even getting some of those things done within a week can be a challenge.

Overall, GT7 is what you make of it, and in your case you specifically say you've got thousands of hours into the game. At what point is $60 not justifiable for that insane amount of entertainment? At what point does your play time allow you to try and manipulae the feelings of someone who simply said they were having a good time with GT7? We all agree that there are many flaws in GT, but it's still amazing, provides hundreds of hours of worthwhile play, and is worth every single penny you and I put into it.

I've already explained why I think the 1P stuff is underwhelming: standard AI is not very good, IMO (whether custom races or pre-laid-out races); Sophy is good, but very limited in its use. Sport Mode is where it's at, so long as the races are entertaining... which they've not been recently IMO (sans this week, actually A & C this week are quite good).

Leagues are fun; I've been in one. Hard part for me is carving out the time to participate. Being available to race at a specific date/time for weeks on end is difficult.

You seem to be insinuating that I believe the game isn't a good value. This is also not true; I never said anything of the sort. In fact, I've said the exact opposite about video games in the current era.

You're taking a light hearted comment/joke (even the user I quoted seemed to take it as such) and making a mountain out of a molehill. Anyway, agree to disagree on this. :cheers:

I still think about if it'd be a good idea to add more groups. Not as sub-divisions of pre-existing categories like Gr.1 or Gr.3, but instead, all-new ones for race cars that are otherwise uncategorized. More specifically, I'd totally be down to see a "Gr.1V' for vintage prototypes of the late 60s/early 70s. I do recall that when Gr.2 was introduced, it all started with just the 2016 Super GT GT500 trio, so I don't see a potentially small quantity of cars being an issue.

For "Gr.1V," I'd include the following cars that are currently available:

Ferrari 330 P4
Ford Mark IV
Jaguar XJ13
Porsche 917K

(Plus, I recall that a Ferrari 512 S won the GT Trophy at Pebble Beach, so that could also get added to this list. Not to mention my hopes that we'll eventually get the Ford GT40 Mk.II that won Le Mans in '66, as well. I wonder if a variant of the McLaren M1 could also end up here?)

Obviously, some uncategorized race cars are so specific in their use, I don't see them going into an all-new group, like the D1GP-spec Subaru BRZ, or the Subaru WRX STI used at the Isle of Man. (I am also very unsure of the Chaparral 2J going into this hypothetical "Gr.1V," as even with nerfs to its power/weight, it's still more of a Can-Am racer than a vintage prototype like the others.) All this being said, I think a decent chunk could still get categorized. On that note, I had a "Gr.3V" in mind as well, focusing on other race cars of the 1960s:

Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2
Ferrari 250 GTO
Shelby Daytona Coupe
Porsche 904

(I feel slightly tempted to add the AMG 300 SEL 6.8 to this list, too.)

Then there's a "Gr.4V" I had in mind, for race cars of the 1950s:

Aston Martin DB3S
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Racer Concept
Jaguar D-Type
Maserati A6GCS/53 Spyder
Mercedes-Benz 300 SL (W194)
Porsche 550 Spyder

(I would also add the Cunningham C4-R that's coming to the series, too.)

Now, I understand that many of these cars never raced with each other, and indeed, may have notable differences in base power/weight. But then again, the Toyota GT-One (TS020) was put into Gr.2, while the Toyota Celica WRC was put into Gr.B, with both having notable changes in their power/weight when BoP in enabled. So I don't see there being much issue in lumping these various groups of cars together.

EDIT: Alternatively, instead of that last list, the Porsche, Chevrolet, and Mercedes-Benz could get removed, therefore giving the list a narrower focus on Le Mans racers of 1953/1954, especially once that Cunningham gets added.

EDIT2: Or alternatively, I'd be fine with just having occasional races in Sport Mode where you can rent a car from these lists, and are pre-tuned to be as competitively balanced as possible. I recall a Nations Cup round that did something very similar with various Nissan Fairlady Z models.

Last edited:
Oh I do understand and it's obviously a fair point, but while getting every car does take a while I don't think it's completely unreasonable. Especially when you focus on the cars you really want and don't go full completionist.

I did the maths here for me. I played 501 hrs so far and the game came out 827 days ago. That's around 0,6 hrs a day to get everything.
Given that I currently have 40 mil in the bank actually a good bit less than that.

That works for me. I usually get like an hour in the morning after getting the kids out of the house and before going to work myself.

This is of course different for everybody.
What an achievement... That's what I tried to do, but my urge to look at the UCD and LCD have forced me to take detours and alternate paths that made me go the long way...
I am above 1000 hours (started on the PS4 Pro, then upgraded to PS5/VR2 last year)
And only has 2/3 of the cars...
The last third unfortunately is all the high price cars.

I wonder if anyone has found a way to do 100% completion all cars GT7 SPEED RUN.

They need to turn weekly races into daily races. maybe then

View attachment 1363074
Why not both?

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd need an staggering amount of 113.199.000 Cr. to buy the entire catalogue of the Legendary Car Dealership this week.

Pocket change for a guy like me :lol:

I have to actually explain myself, huh?
Have you played GT7 Career Mode?
It's usually goes like win 3 races = get 3 cars, you legit get so many for free, it's quite overwhelming.
Yeah I played trough it, but how many cars do you really get in this relatively short career mode and how valuable are these compared to GT7s whole car rosters value. I don’t remember it as feeling like cars have been thrown at me (which is no critique at the career mode, just an Observation).

You'd need an staggering amount of 113.199.000 Cr. to buy the entire catalogue of the Legendary Car Dealership this week.

Pocket change for a guy like me :lol:
That is almost the total valuation of my 80s F1 grid.

1717901828303.png

1717901856627.png

10 MP4/4s (a MP4/4 costs 10 miliion) (McLaren, Williams, Lotus, Tyrell, and Arrows) - 100 million
10 F1500T-As (a F1500T-A costs a million in Brand Central) (Ferrari, Benetton, Minardi, Leyton House, and Larrousse) - 10 million

Total of 110 million. Just 3,199,000 shy of tying that amount.

I downloaded Update 1.48 last night around 10:35pm. So PD decided to add some Volvo cars and other used ones. This wasn't a huge update. I thought we would get another track. Anyway whatever. I'm letting perfection go, at least we got something. And they added some new conversation for some of the characters in the Cafe.

Edit: Sorry Chikane_GTR if I was a bit awkward. It's just... I dunno how people make so many credits, I struggle to get 1.5-2 millions a day.

Last edited:
Do you guys think there’s a possibility we could get a car that’s not in the infamous data-mined list?
I mean, I would like PD to give us the

Chrysler Viper GTS-R LM24 Team Oreca #51 ,​

which I suppose isn’t included in it.
Do we even get cars that aren’t in that list?

Last edited:
djs
Do you guys think there’s a possibility we could get a car that’s not in the infamous data-mined list?

AFAIK The Toyota GT-One was not in the datamined car list and was a very pleasant surprise so who knows ?
But I would not bet on that car to appear before an other Gran Turismo classic, the Nissan R390 which we don't know if it will ever come back...

Last edited:
djs

I think the Porsche 959 was not on the datamined list when it came to gt7

Discussion - according to Google there have been over 12 million copies of GT7 sold worldwide, looking at lobby's & the paddock areas of the game, these seem to be used very little by the public to the point that they must be adjudged as a huge failure, the use numbers & percentages are miniscule

Discussion - according to Google there have been over 12 million copies of GT7 sold worldwide, looking at lobby's & the paddock areas of the game, these seem to be used very little by the public to the point that they must be adjudged as a huge failure, the use numbers & percentages are miniscule
There's two factors here:
  • Games that have a multiplayer mode but are primarily single-player always have smaller percentages of online players than you expect from online discussion. Look at the trophy data for doing one Sport Mode race in both Sport and 7, it's a fraction of the playerbase - the wider audience definitely defines these as single-player games first and foremost.
  • Participation numbers for Sport Mode are very healthy at around 150k weekly entries to both daily races and the online time trial, and has been consistently at roughly that number for the lifetime of the game. At worst it's the second-biggest online playerbase behind iRacing, more likely it's number 1. So I'd wager the biggest factor is that people don't play lobbies because what they want structure-wise is satisfied by Sport Mode. Not surprising, since basically every sim racing game's online mode nowadays is basically the Sport Mode/iRacing model, so it's what people expect.

I don't think the connection issues when trying to join a paddock helps either. I've rarely managed to connect, and it seems whenever I watch someone else try to connect they get booted before they even make it in as well.
Unfortunately, the rebrand/relaunch of paddock didn't help it.

Last edited:
I sort of wonder if we either need more tags for the various cars, or maybe if we just need more events that make use of regulations that feature said tags, as I think the tag system in general could be a great alternative to breaking up something like Gr.1. Instead, there could be Sport Mode events that feature both Gr.1, and a specific tag. Like there could be additional tags for LMP1, LMH/LMDh, Group C, and so on. I personally think the tags are a very under-used feature within Sport Mode regulations.

Similarly, there could be Gr.3 events reserved for JGTC GT500 cars, or perhaps various FIA GT3 cars.

Last edited:
Well said buddy. Don't tell anyone, but I'm holding out hope that AC2 may fulfil some of that potential.

200.webp

Jerome

I see the 963 has been announced for Forza Motorsport and is a paid item after a free introductory week.

I wonder if that's a business decision on Microsoft's part or if the 963 license is particularly expensive?

Either way GT7 is now the outlier with a desperately outdated Gr.1 line-up (I'm not factoring in Group C as this should be it's own historic class). GR010 aside, the most upto date prototypes in the game date from the 2016 season, added shortly after GT Sport's release. Same can be said for GT500 and the much discussed GT3 line-up which forms the basis of GTWS.

You do begin to wonder just what went wrong at PD in recent years to end up in a position with such an outdated line-up of competition cars. Must be quite an embarrassing situation for PD when so much of their business is focused on OEM relations and public events.

Back