Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,283 comments
Can you imagine if they did this event on a daily race and make all those cars balanced? And make you choose a rental with those liveries?

It would be a dream.
there is many real JGTC liveries on showcase. But yeah I would like those fake liveries they make too. Maybe they can share it like how they share the Manufacturer's cup liveries

I wonder if that's a business decision on Microsoft's part or if the 963 license is particularly expensive?
It's almost certainly a Microsoft decision. The 963 doesn't stand out as being uniquely expensive anywhere else it exists:
  • It's the same price on iRacing ($12) as every other full-price car on that service
  • Automobilista 2 has it as part of a $10 DLC with four GT3 cars and two other LMDh hypercars
  • It is base content in Le Mans Ultimate
  • It exists in Rennsport, so much as you can classify Rennsport as existing, but I don't know the details there

Why are people so confident we’ll get the 963 this year? I would love to see it but don’t share the same feeling
Self-fullfilling prophecy I guess, or blissful optimism 😅

I am on the opposite side of the spectrum, as I prefer to have sometimes a good surprise than being deceived most of the time.

Why are people so confident we’ll get the 963 this year? I would love to see it but don’t share the same feeling
Well. It is offcourse just simple wishful predictions buy if we want to try finding some explanation why people think it is coming:
  • PD and Porsche has very good relationship lately
  • Toyota Hypercar is already here
  • car is being added in every small and big sim so it isn’t hard to license.

I think it is very possible car to be added but there is no evidence supporting that it will be added.

Last edited:
Well. It is offcourse just simple wishful predictions buy if we want to try finding some explanation why people think it is coming:
  • PD and Porsche has very good relationship lately
  • Toyota Hypercar is already here
  • car is being added in every small and big sim so it isn’t hard to license.

I think it is very possible car to be added but there is no evidence supporting that it will be added.
You also have to remember that the Porsche 963 has some styling cues inspired by their VGT, especially with the front headlights and rear taillights.

I'd rather they did a modern Super GT race, but that would mean having to add some recent cars and we know that's never going to happen.
I'd only want this if they added the following cars:

AMG Mercedes-AMG C-Class DTM
Aston Martin Vantage DTM
BMW M4 DTM
Honda Civic Type R-GT GT500 '24
Nissan Z GT500 '24
Toyota GR Supra GT500 '24

Now, I used to think that the idea of modern DTM coming to GT was never going to happen, but then we got the Audi RS5 DTM, so who knows? Also, I likely already mentioned that adding the 2024 GT500 trio in particular would be perfect, as it'd mark an even eight years between the 2016 trio, which in turn has eight years of difference from the 2008 trio.

However, come to think of it, it sounds like you just want a version of the WTC 900 that doesn't permit the three late-90s GT1/LMGTP cars. I don't think that'd be as likely as PD just adding more rounds of the WTC 900, though I could definitely see it happening as a limited-time Special Event that's part of the Weekly Challenges.

Last edited:
I'd only want this if they added the following cars:

AMG Mercedes-AMG C-Class DTM
Aston Martin Vantage DTM
BMW M4 DTM
Honda Civic Type R-GT GT500 '24
Nissan Z GT500 '24
Toyota GR Supra GT500 '24

Now, I used to think that the idea of modern DTM coming to GT was never going to happen, but then we got the Audi RS5 DTM, so who knows? Also, I likely already mentioned that adding the 2024 GT500 trio in particular would be perfect, as it'd mark an even eight years between the 2016 trio, which in turn has eight years of difference from the 2008 trio.
My version without sticking to the eight-year cycle:

Aston Martin Vantage DTM '19 (R-Motorsport I)
BMW M4 Turbo DTM '19 (BMW Team RMG)
Honda Civic Type R-GT '24 (Stanley Team Kunimitsu)
Honda NSX-GT Type S '22 (Red Bull MOTUL MUGEN)
Nissan Z GT500 '22 (Calsonic IMPUL)
Toyota GR Supra GT500 '21 (au TOM'S)

If they're sticking to Super GT winners, they could add the #36 au TOM'S GR Supra from 2021 and the #12 Calsonic IMPUL Z from 2022. The NSX didn't win, so maybe the 2022 NSX GT Type S (front-engined) could make it, with the #16 Red Bull version being a possible addition (referencing the #16 Castrol MUGEN NSX we just got, and plus Red Bull's recent success in F1 in recent years).

The Civic Type R GT can be an extra bonus.

My version without sticking to the eight-year cycle:

Aston Martin Vantage DTM '19 (R-Motorsport I)
BMW M4 Turbo DTM '19 (BMW Team RMG)
Honda Civic Type R-GT '24 (Stanley Team Kunimitsu)
Honda NSX-GT Type S '22 (Red Bull MOTUL MUGEN)
Nissan Z GT500 '22 (Calsonic IMPUL)
Toyota GR Supra GT500 '21 (au TOM'S)

If they're sticking to Super GT winners, they could add the #36 au TOM'S GR Supra from 2021 and the #12 Calsonic IMPUL Z from 2022. The NSX didn't win, so maybe the 2022 NSX GT Type S (front-engined) could make it, with the #16 Red Bull version being a possible addition (referencing the #16 Castrol MUGEN NSX we just got, and plus Red Bull's recent success in F1 in recent years).

The Civic Type R GT can be an extra bonus.
Perhaps, but I think the fact that the two currently-existing GT500 trios inherently include cars that didn't win means that adding all three 2024 GT500 cars is more likely. Speaking of cars that raced alongside a class winner, I really do think the Lexus LC500h GT300 from the 2021 season would make a great updated Gr.3 entry. It'd also really compliment both the road-going LC500 and the LF-LC GT VGT.

Last edited:
Though not perfectly correct, I'll point out that the retro GT500's that we have also fit with the approximate 8 year cycle theory. However rather than being rigid with that and having all of the cars from the year 2000, Polyphony decided to focus on the more historically relevant models (series champions), while still keeping within a close group of years (1997, 1999 & 2000).

I feel that breaking the rigidity in the 8 year cycle was more likely for historic models though, so I'd guess that if we get a new batch of GT500's they would all be from 2024 regardless of previous championship wins. The 2008 & 2016 cars set a precedent for this, as 2 of the 3 in each of those groups weren't champions.

As a slight tangent, here are the circuits that were released alongside the GT500 trio's:
  • 2016: Tsukuba Circuit
  • 2008: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Personally I think that, along with the recent news of it being worked on, Mobility Resort Motegi would be a very on-theme addition to partner a 2024 GT500 trio.
But both the circuit and the cars are probably at least a year away. Possibly longer.

Last edited:
The problem is Sony/PD have made the strategic decision to hold back contemporary race cars and new tracks. Be it for special content updates, ie Spec III, Anniversary's etc., or for GT8.

The 2 year old datamined list has been bang on the money with only a handful of exceptions. Those exceptions have been pretty random, from a Volvo 240 to the Toyota GT-ONE. The only consistency is the almost total lack of contemporary race cars - the one notable exception being the Super Formula SF23.

It's all becoming farcical, Sony/PD spending huge resources hosting GTWS events that have little wider interest. Mainly with desperately outdated Gr.3's and a Red Bull fantasy car. I'm not sure who benefits from these E-Sport events other than the favoured drivers, press and influencers. The average GT7 single player user rarely gets anything of interest - not event insightful questions/answers on the direction of the series.

Patience have also been tested with the lack of race track DLC. There are hopes for Circuit Gilles Villeneuve to at least be previewd at the Montreal GTWS event. If it's not I think that will be the last straw for many players.

Every update is always the last straw.
No it isn't, modest monthly updates should be considered the norm, that isn't even a knock against Sony/PD.

We can't expect GAAS like support when updates are free - that's the one thing I hope changes in GT8. Sony/PD need ongoing revenue streams from existing players to fund extensive content updates. Without that we will be in this cycle where much requested cars, tracks, features and game content will be drip fed.

GT7 is now at a tipping point where without notable content and feature updates the player-base and community interest will drop away notably. That's not hyperbole, it's just a fact for all titles, in all genres, when support is lacking.

I can only hope PD are holding back for a more significant update in the coming months. If only PD communicated their intentions like every other dev on the planet - and no better opportunity for that than the upcoming Montreal GTWS event.

Not to be rude, but the FR NSX actually won the 2020 season (Raybrig).

GT7 is now at a tipping point where without notable content and feature updates the player-base and community interest will drop away notably. That's not hyperbole, it's just a fact for all titles, in all genres, when support is lacking.
this is exaggeration. GT7 proves long staying power because you all still talking about it and playing it after three years, means it is not at tipping point. means it is still good fun game with much to offer.

this is exaggeration. GT7 proves long staying power because you all still talking about it and playing it after three years, means it is not at tipping point. means it is still good fun game with much to offer.
We still talk about it here after 27 months because we're among the most enthusiastic 1% of GT players. There's a lot of time trial permutations on offer, but as the game continues to add less events than cars, and seldom a new course, I can't honestly say it has much to offer to players outside of photography and hotlapping/car testing.

We still talk about it here after 27 months because we're among the most enthusiastic 1% of GT players. There's a lot of time trial permutations on offer, but as the game continues to add less events than cars, and seldom a new course, I can't honestly say it has much to offer to players outside of photography and hotlapping/car testing.
maybe it is just way i play because i enjoy taking every car and do all races it can enter at least once. i do not find number of races small. i agree maybe variety is small, no MR races just as example... i think i remember GT2 have those. it also does help if you play not too often to avoid the fatigue because when you play too much and get fatigue and then game will seem boring.

Yeah, no. People just don't have other choices. If only driveclub would still be around.

People legit played half-baked GT Sport (whose career is still better than in GT7).

It's all about brand at this point.

ACC doesn't seem to be a competition for GT as a SimCade on controller (don't know first hand).

Crew + TD are Arcade and nothing else. Reviews often praise Arcade racers for a more real and believable physics model that older titles and than it's just the same trash as the old ones. I tried to like Grid Legends and The Crew but they just don't cut it when it's about driving. No pleasure for me.

But i also didn't play Driveclub. Don't know if it really was that good. This where my non-playing years.

ACC doesn't seem to be a competition for GT as a SimCade on controller (don't know first hand).

Crew + TD are Arcade and nothing else. Reviews often praise Arcade racers for a more real and believable physics model that older titles and than it's just the same trash as the old ones. I tried to like Grid Legends and The Crew but they just don't cut it when it's about driving. No pleasure for me.

But i also didn't play Driveclub. Don't know if it really was that good. This where my non-playing years.
ACC has a steep learning curve, but once you’re dialed in it’s absolutely great on a controller.

Back