Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,752 comments
I mean, just the licensing for all of those things would be incredibly ccomplicated.

Especially for stuff like the Vector M12, Venturi Atlantique, Lotus Elise, Panoz Esperante and Lister Storm.
Now I could be very off base with this as these sort of people do exist...but I suspect there might be some sarcasm in that post.

Now I could be very off base with this as these sort of people do exist...but I suspect there might be some sarcasm in that post.
My sarcasm detector may have failed me. I'm just so used to seeing people demanding everything!
@CTznOfTime My apologies, I missed the sarcasm 🙂

Just picked up GT7 the other day because, quite frankly, I didn’t have high hopes and I got it for a steal. Managed to get immediately sucked into the game. It’s more fun than I remember GT 5/6/Sport ever being and I feel PD thought very hard about making this GT an actual game while creating some “soul”.

I think it was a failed attempt at nostalgia. It worked better in GT Sport with the music not stopping and starting at every screen.
The reason it worked in games like GT1 and GT2 is because those games' music was made to have a great flow right from the beginning and the beat doesn't change much during the songs, it was actually more like a score rather than individual songs. Music in GT7 (also music from GT5 and GT6) is great as well, but it's usually broken into different pieces, key changes, rhytm changes, just like song are.

Another reason, I think, is that the locations in GT1 and GT2 had their unique music. And every single time you walked into a Honda dealership you were hit with its mysterious music. And by the 100th time you walked there you were already anticipating it, embracing this "theme of Honda". Compare that with songs in GT7 Brand Central that play randomly - and is shared among car makes.

For those not aware what I'm rambling about:
GT1 Honda dealership music:

GT1 garage music:

Last edited:
Just picked up GT7 the other day because, quite frankly, I didn’t have high hopes and I got it for a steal. Managed to get immediately sucked into the game. It’s more fun than I remember GT 5/6/Sport ever being and I feel PD thought very hard about making this GT an actual game while creating some “soul”.
Just wait until the honeymoon phases is over. :dopey:

The other reason the menu music per screen approach worked back in the PS1 era is because everything took forever to load, so you actually got to hear most the music. It doesn't work as well as an approach when you've got an SSD that can get you in and out of Brand Central in a few seconds.

The other reason the menu music per screen approach worked back in the PS1 era is because everything took forever to load, so you actually got to hear most the music. It doesn't work as well as an approach when you've got an SSD that can get you in and out of Brand Central in a few seconds.
You remember it quite wrong then. GT1 didn't have long menu transitions. And when it did have to load, the music stopped anyway.

Yikes, I guess you forgot how barebones GT7 career is. But happy for you

Not only that, PS1-era menu music is actually played in a way like MIDI instrumentation do.

You remember it quite wrong then. GT1 didn't have long menu transitions. And when it did have to load, the music stopped anyway.
Ah okay, if I'm wrong there then I'll happily admit that. How I described it is how I remember it in my head, but it has also been a very large number of years since I've played those games on a PS1 so I'm not shocked to hear I'm misremembering things. My apologies.

Ironically, you'd think this'd make the entire user base happy... until someone complained that there's too-much content.

:gtpflag:
[Thumbs up] mate, case point see right below !

And so it already begins with the complains:
I mean, just the licensing for all of those things would be incredibly ccomplicated.
If I was Kaz, and you were in my team, I would have immediately delegated you this task, and made you the go to person in charge of licensing.

You can then have a person under you to report back on all cars licensings.
Another person under you for all tracks licensing
Another person reporting to you for all music licensing.

It really shouldn't be that complicated.
You go out, ask around, meet some people, shake some hands, hand them some money, them done.

Any problems has at least a few solutions, and if not, some alternatives, pick one and move on.
Especially for stuff like the Vector M12, Venturi Atlantique, Lotus Elise, Panoz Esperante and Lister Storm.
Ok, so why would those be so difficult?
Company doesn't exist anymore ?
Someone is being difficult because they got their feelings hurt by the fact that their company is gone and they are the only person left ?

Are those people in need of a big hug or what?
Give them some money, shake hands and move on...

(By the way, when I say "give them money", I am not talking about under the table corruption money. I highly do not condone those sort of practice. Corruption is despicable.

I am talking about having a legal contract, and then give them the relatively fair (for both parties) compensation for the requested licence.

Corruption has to be eliminated and will never be accepted or supported in this sort of activity.

I would be sad not to have the Venturi or the Lotus, but for the other ones you listed, I don't care for them.

But if you do, and again if I was Kaz and you are working for me, then please go ahead and I will empower you to do the necessary to get licensing so we can get those cars in

Cannot be that hard, can it? How?
Just take care of it ;).
I am not that unreasonable am I ?
If not me, then who is being unreasonable?

Thank you for your consideration and recognizing that.

I am in fact a lightly sarcastic person in a positively funny way, but most of the time I am simplistically complicated.

Except with anything that is regarding GT, I am dead serious.

So no sarcasm here at all.
It should be clear that at this point, getting closer to 30 years of Gran Turismo, the game has to become everything to everyone, we have the technology. We are not expecting much boundaries breakthrough anymore.
It should just be rince and repeat.

The formula has shown to be working quite well in the first 25 years and handled and managed by Kaz and PD.

Let's just try to stop with the innovation for a moment, and allow some time to just provide the missing material that the public here has been yearning for years and requesting son loudly.

There is a laundry list, let's just down through it, and not add anything to it.

Work with that baseline first before trying to do anything else.

Yes you can still have a small dedicated team to work on improvement and new furute feature to try to keep things fresh a bit and ton prevent the competition to take over, and to keep GT in the lead, but otherwise for the most part, the majority of the PD team should be supporting the completion of that GTPlanet moaning list.

My sarcasm detector may have failed me. I'm just so used to seeing people demanding everything!
@CTznOfTime My apologies, I missed the sarcasm 🙂
At this point, I think the number of people demanding everything might not be a fluke.... They might be onto something if you let go of your sarcasm detector off for a moment.

No apologies needed either way, my feelings are difficult to be hurt. But thank you anyway, no offense taken.

Unlike Dumpty trump, I might be skinnier than him, but my skin are much thicker.

Welcome back, consider yourself lucky to be the few happy ones around here. I wish you stay that way.

Everyone here give him a round of applause.

@ItsHim that We all should take example on. It's Him ! ;)

Gratitude goes a long way, and being humble can make things easier for you to deal with than you can realize.

Please do not lose that attitude. @ItsHim

He has the Soul....

I will let you all reflect on this...
So simple, yet so deep.

It's part of the journey, does it mean you have to give up after that honeymoon phase?

Do you file for divorce immediately after you come back from honeymoon?

Marriage, wedding, relationship, getting a house, getting a home, having kids, getting in into a passion, Gran Turismo games....

The common threat here is commitment and community.

You don't give up at first difficulty.
You don't give up at the first fight.
You don't give up at the first unpleasant experience.

You double down on the love, you roll up your sleeve, you avoid hurting anyone in the process and you fix what has to be fixed.

You certainly don't do it by yourself, you need everyone around you.
Again, if I was Kaz and you are in my team:

If you think something is missing, I will ask you what.
Then I will task you to do everything in your power to fill in those gaps and shortcomings in the game.

Complaining alone will not do.
Acknowledge then act on it.
You will make a lot of people happy, including and especially yourself first and foremost.

The reason it worked in games like GT1 and GT2 is because those games' music was made to have a great flow right from the beginning and the beat doesn't change much during the songs, it was actually more like a score rather than individual songs. Music in GT7 (also music from GT5 and GT6) is great as well, but it's usually broken into different pieces, key changes, rhytm changes, just like song are.

Another reason, I think, is that the locations in GT1 and GT2 had their unique music. And every single time you walked into a Honda dealership you were hit with its mysterious music. And by the 100th time you walked there you were already anticipating it, embracing this "theme of Honda". Compare that with songs in GT7 Brand Central that play randomly - and is shared among car makes.

For those not aware what I'm rambling about:
GT1 Honda dealership music:

GT1 garage music:

Bingo !
The first person here to point out exactly (clearly and correctly) what the main differences are musically between the first GT games and the latter one.

With that understanding, Why not try to incorporate these two aspects in future GT games

With the advan and advantage of new technology, nothing is wrong and nothing should prevent us, and in fact it should be even easier, to go back and use MIDI sounds and music in new GT games.

I am a product of the 80s, and I love MIDI and 8 bits stuff, like the new Hyundai Ionic 5... Nothing wrong there.
We can embrace and enjoy that them in the game too with those sounds.

Why not?
For each races for each car from each period, a contemporary music to go with it. And we can also shake it up and go with the unconventional...
Alternate between following the rules and braking them, following the conventions and the play with the unexpected....

To make the GTPlanet people happy, you gotta keep them on their toes... Keep them dancing I say....

Again, it really isn't that hard, Kazunori-san.
Our favorite Translator-san should get to work, and deliver this message to the rest of the PD team.

The whole GTPlanet community is ready to volunteer and help out PD in this endeavor, just reach out and will make it happen. There are a lot of talents, knowledge and skills around here.

It's part of the journey, does it mean you have to give up after that honeymoon phase?

Do you file for divorce immediately after you come back from honeymoon?

Marriage, wedding, relationship, getting a house, getting a home, having kids, getting in into a passion, Gran Turismo games....

The common threat here is commitment and community.

You don't give up at first difficulty.
You don't give up at the first fight.
You don't give up at the first unpleasant experience.

You double down on the love, you roll up your sleeve, you avoid hurting anyone in the process and you fix what has to be fixed.

You certainly don't do it by yourself, you need everyone around you.
It's a catch-all phrase man, but way to take it much too literally.

Last edited:
It's a catch-all phrase man, but way to take it much too literally.
I know it's a catch phrase.
Nothing wrong with it, nor with you.

Catch phrase are usually base on truth.

Saying it is one thing, but how is that going to help us?
Do you just sit back down and let the guy be miserable like the rest of us?

Welcome to the "fun" party ?

How can we actually make it more fun?
How can we contribute?
How can we be more constructive instead of being destructive.

How can we make the Honeymoon last longer...

Something wrong with me taking it literally?

Last edited:
I know it's a catch phrase.
Nothing wrong with it, nor with you.

Catch phrase are usually base on truth.

Saying it is one thing, but how is that going to help us?
Do you just sit back down and let the guy be miserable like the rest of us?

Welcome to the "fun" party ?

How can we actually make it more fun?
How can we contribute?
How can we be more constructive instead of being destructive.

How can we make the Honeymoon last longer...

Something wrong with me taking it literally?
I think we just need to bury the hatchet.

PS - No need to go outside and literally bury a hatchet... if that wasn't already clear. :cheers:

We are totally cool. It's already Thursday, which is practically Friday so I am feeling good.

Enough Dopamine for me today, peace out y'all

Here's something you can all focus your nostalgia on. Look what's coming up as a new special event!

GPYra5haAAAVZW8.jpeg

Funnily enough I was doing this kind of thing in Custom Race mode a couple days ago. That mode is great, so long as you have the inspiration and the credits to make stuff. I've found the GT300 class to be a cool way of using some road cars that would otherwise just be sitting in my garage.

Here are some photos from my custom races, at Kyoto Driving Park, and Suzuka Circuit.
IMG_4294.jpeg

IMG_4295.jpeg

IMG_4296.jpeg

IMG_4297.jpeg

IMG_4298.jpeg

IMG_4299.jpeg

I've been working on a project I've called "Career Mode Plus" on Discord that would mean the inspiration part of event creation and career structuring is taken care of, so you'd just need the credits for events that need custom car grids.
When it's completed on Discord, I might integrate it onto GTPlanet too for those interested.

Last edited:
Here's something you can all focus your nostalgia on. Look what's coming up as a new special event!

View attachment 1362475

Funnily enough I was doing this kind of thing in Custom Race mode a couple days ago. That mode is great, so long as you have the inspiration and the credits to make stuff.
Look at PD making good use of their livery editor! That's exciting. Looks like they upped their game since the Superbird challenges.

Related to the upcoming All Japan GT Car Championship special event, the 2 McLaren F1 race cars are now special picks in Hagerty, along with the Ferrari F40 which may appear as an A.I. opponent in modified form.
IMG_4321.jpeg

Also the Used Car Dealership has a Lamborghini Diablo & Porsche 911 as special picks, which could also appear as A.I. opponents.
The Kei cars are there for a current weekly challenge event that will be cycled out when the new lot drops, hence their status as "limited stock" here.

A bit surprising that the Skyline shown in the event art isn't also listed as a special pick. Maybe that means there are some other A.I. opponents we don't know about.

IMG_4322.jpeg

IMG_4323.jpeg

IMG_4324.jpeg

IMG_4325.jpeg

IMG_4326.jpeg

IMG_4327.jpeg

IMG_4328.jpeg

IMG_4318.jpeg

IMG_4319.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve had GT7 from the drop and don’t agree with either of you. I think there’s a huge bias, especially here, against GT7 based on misremembered nostalgia, unfair comparison, and frankly, spoiled attitudes revolving around modern games.

GT7 has hundreds of cars rendered in near photorealistic perfection, well over a hundred hours of events, tons of care for the automotive hobby as a whole, very good driving dynamics, the ability to play many different ways including VR, online competition, beautiful photo opportunities… and on and on and on…

Is it perfect? No. Is ANY game perfect? No. Do we get an insane amount of content for our money? YES! Are you still here playing it and discussing it years after release? Looks like it…

I know that in our modern information dense, opinion driven society being a critic is cool, but the amount of complaining that revolves around this and other spectacular games (or anything at all really) is just kinda ridiculous at times. The menu not being intuitive does not mean the whole is any less spectacular.

As a car obsessed kid (and adult) I couldn’t even imagine something so thoroughly wonderful as GT7, and that’s a thought that isn’t lost on me even now after playing this game 300 or so hours.

I get that people are jaded, and you’re surely allowed to feel that way, but don’t go using those feelings to try and drag someone down who is enjoying themselves. Let them have their fun without your disgruntled bias getting in the way.

Thought I’d just share my two cents.

Imo: the driving in GT7 is elite, as far as GT goes, and even as far as sims go, by all accounts, the current state of the physics are pretty good. Not the most realistic possible, but certainly the most realistic GT has ever been, and it has a good amount of realism on a sim-wide level.

The career structure is where it falls apart. However, I wouldn’t even mind that quite as much if the races weren’t chase the rabbit fests when you sometimes start up to 35-40 seconds behind. WHEN THEY HAVE ACTUALLY FAST AI IN THE GAME ALREADY. Like, please, PD. The pieces are there. Put them together.

GT League + prize car rewards + the fastest AI they have = best GT game ever overall imo. Gameplay wise certainly, and GT League has a pretty wide selection of events.

Last edited:

The career structure is where it falls apart. However, I wouldn’t even mind that quite as much if the races weren’t chase the rabbit fests
IDK, so far the core game loop feels pretty solid and seems to flow naturally. Had a pretty fun clean battle on the 550p Tokio Express race early on - for 7th place 😬 I didn’t mind loosing it was fun! More fun than watching a F1 Grand Prix in Monaco 😱 also I feel they got it right how the game unfolds. Prize cars from Missions and License Test can be put to good use and the tracks seem to offer fitting races as the car collection grows.
YMMV of course but just speaking for myself, I don’t have to win every race…

IDK, so far the core game loop feels pretty solid and seems to flow naturally. Had a pretty fun clean battle on the 550p Tokio Express race early on - for 7th place 😬 I didn’t mind loosing it was fun! More fun than watching a F1 Grand Prix in Monaco 😱 also I feel they got it right how the game unfolds. Prize cars from Missions and License Test can be put to good use and the tracks seem to offer fitting races as the car collection grows.
YMMV of course but just speaking for myself, I don’t have to win every race…
It’s not bad in the progression sense imo (now less so than it was on day 1), just very linear. Especially at launch, the late game content was very underbaked. The throughline of slow to fast is there, and more so now with further high speed events added. But imo I still prefer the classic GT style, or even GT League but with good AI. Hell, just give me the AI pushed to the max in custom race. With the 95% AI throttle bug in custom races fixed. Because it’s been there for over a year, same with the tyre bug (which they halfway fixed). It’s not a dealbreaker, you can work around it alright, but it’s just a bit of an annoyance.

But yeah. I don’t hate GT7’s progression, I just think it could be a lot better, and that the chase the rabbit races put a damper on it (even if you start me at the back with a 5-8 second deficit I don’t mind, it’s also more realistic). The Super Formula events are ****ing stupid (although they are on the upper end of the boundary - but many events still have you 20-25-30 seconds behind the leader).

I love the physics. I love the car models, I love the audio, the photography. I love the sound effects even. Like, they have the tools with the AI. The Lago Maggiore Human Comedy mission, Gr.3/4 and Clubman Cup + chilli races show it can have good pace and race pretty well when they want it to. The problem is, is that it’s limited to specific events. Let us have it everywhere in a new difficulty option (or at least let us have it in custom race).

It just feels a bit like wasted potential. That’s not to say I didn’t have fun with GT7 and if you are, awesome! I still love it. The Clubman Cup + and Gr.3/4 Cup chilli events are the most fun I’ve had on the game. I wish it was all that enjoyable, racing wise.

The prize cars in 7 are good, though I still like it when they come from events as well like in GT3/4, but they indeed are useful.

Regarding not always winning, you do have to come top 3 to get a menu book stamp, however, so you still have to contend with a large amount of the chase the rabbit deficit.

Anyway. Final thoughts, hope I haven’t dissuaded you from playing or anything like that. I enjoyed it and I’d do it again (would be interesting to see how it compares to launch from the beginning now that a lot of menus and races have been added), but I definitely have my frustrations. It is especially annoying when many of the remedies are in plain sight.

Last edited:
I’ve had GT7 from the drop and don’t agree with either of you. I think there’s a huge bias, especially here, against GT7 based on misremembered nostalgia, unfair comparison, and frankly, spoiled attitudes revolving around modern games.

GT7 has hundreds of cars rendered in near photorealistic perfection, well over a hundred hours of events, tons of care for the automotive hobby as a whole, very good driving dynamics, the ability to play many different ways including VR, online competition, beautiful photo opportunities… and on and on and on…

Is it perfect? No. Is ANY game perfect? No. Do we get an insane amount of content for our money? YES! Are you still here playing it and discussing it years after release? Looks like it…

I know that in our modern information dense, opinion driven society being a critic is cool, but the amount of complaining that revolves around this and other spectacular games (or anything at all really) is just kinda ridiculous at times. The menu not being intuitive does not mean the whole is any less spectacular.

As a car obsessed kid (and adult) I couldn’t even imagine something so thoroughly wonderful as GT7, and that’s a thought that isn’t lost on me even now after playing this game 300 or so hours.

I get that people are jaded, and you’re surely allowed to feel that way, but don’t go using those feelings to try and drag someone down who is enjoying themselves. Let them have their fun without your disgruntled bias getting in the way.
Disgruntled bias? There's no bias, only experience. I have the platinum trophy in the game and four figures of hours played. Take that for what it's worth but 90% is due to when I discovered Sport Mode. Not even going to get into all of the shortcomings of the 1P mode: ridiculously limiting races/track/car-combos; chase the rabbit; bad AI that cheats. (Yea, Sophy is cool but quite limited at the time and still chase the rabbit on short combos.) Oh sure, you can make custom races with a grid full of OEM McLaren F1s unless you want to buy 15 of them at 20mil each. The Missions were kinda fun... once.

But don't take my word for it, have a look at the numerous threads (and hundreds (thousands?) of posts) from others as well.

The game and graphics look amazing. The cars are beautiful; the tracks look amazing, especially with weather and/time of day involved. If you can show me where I say otherwise, I'll eat my sock. The cars, for the most part, are very fun to drive when there's a reason to do so.

Just so much... lost potential. Call it how I see it in both directions.

What do you do to keep this game interesting?

Last edited:
Related to the upcoming All Japan GT Car Championship special event, the 2 McLaren F1 race cars are now special picks in Hagerty, along with the Ferrari F40 which may appear as an A.I. opponent in modified form.
View attachment 1362555

Also the Used Car Dealership has a Lamborghini Diablo & Porsche 911 as special picks, which could also appear as A.I. opponents.
The Kei cars are there for a current weekly challenge event that will be cycled out when the new lot drops, hence their status as "limited stock" here.

A bit surprising that the Skyline shown in the event art isn't also listed as a special pick. Maybe that means there are some other A.I. opponents we don't know about.

View attachment 1362556

Here are all of the opponent cars you can face in the All Japan GT Car Championship event. See if you can match up the copyright-free replicas with their real life counterparts.
IMG_4333.jpeg

IMG_4334.jpeg

IMG_4335.jpeg

IMG_4336.jpeg

IMG_4337.jpeg

IMG_4338.jpeg

IMG_4339.jpeg

IMG_4340.jpeg

IMG_4341.jpeg

IMG_4342.jpeg

IMG_4343.jpeg

IMG_4344.jpeg

IMG_4345.jpeg

IMG_4346.jpeg

IMG_4347.jpeg

IMG_4348.jpeg

Imo: the driving in GT7 is elite, as far as GT goes, and even as far as sims go, by all accounts, the current state of the physics are pretty good. Not the most realistic possible, but certainly the most realistic GT has ever been, and it has a good amount of realism on a sim-wide level.
This is why I spend soo much time driving by myself. It's soo good and strangely therapeutic after a stressful league race. To me, there's nothing better.
This is sick, but it does make you wonder why such events aren't in the game already. The potential is huge.

I dunno..

I have just under 1000 hours on my main account with this game, and I still think it’s the best Gran Turismo iteration to date. A glaring caveat in my assessment, is I play in VR with a full H-pattern/sequential setups.

When I’m bored, I really do take the opportunity of grabbing a beer, and re-living the menu books with Luca, or bringing various cars to the cafe to see what the talking heads have to say.

And one of the coolest things I started doing a few months back, was taking my various clunkers…and going for realistic drives on the various circuits that have “2-way-traffic-patterns”. I highly recommend it

Here is my prediction:
As we all wish and hope to have GT7 Spec III soon, I believe will get it, but not for the reasons or features we would like, and let me explain why:

Because I also think we will get a GT7 Epilogue at $69 with everything and features from our wishlist, but NO graphical improvements.
Could even come in package with the new Pro PS5 Slim, and/or PSVR2 spec 2.

Since compatibility is necessary to allow for the GT sport aspect to work across PS4/ PS4 pro / PS5 and PS5 Pro, the original PS4 PS5 GT7 needs to receive a spec III update, so that players who are not able to upgrade to GT7 Epilogue due to financial or economical reasons, yet be as inclusive (not exclusive), woke and profitable as possible.

Any Graphical improvements and brand new breakthrough features and new industry standard and Sophy gen 3 will be saved for GT8 on PS6.
Graphical improvements don't impact compatibility in Sport mode - there are significant visual & performance differences between PS5 & PS4. It's very likely GT7 receives a PS5 Pro update optimising Ray Tracing and PSSR alongside Sony's other major AAA titles.

A Spec III content update would be cross-gen.

If Sony released an all-new GT7 SKU with significant updates I imagine that would be PS5/Pro only. In that case I'd expect an upgrade route for existing GT7 owners, ie £10-£15, rather than only selling you an all-new £70 game. They want to incentivise those still playing on PS4 to move to PS5.

Oh, and Astro Bot Gran Turismo avatar!

Attachments

• TdQ2Z05.png
    TdQ2Z05.png
    157.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Is there any way to solve that "The car your're currently driving does not have measurable PP" bug, besides actually changing the setup? I have an engined-swapped Abarth 595 with nothing else done to it and it suffers from this bug when it has Comfort Softs on both axles. I thought PD would have gotten on top of this issue after more than two years since the game's release.

Back