Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,752 comments
They should do it like the old games. Every 5-10 races/missions you play, the used car dealership refreshes.

I think UCD actually have offline mode already. It works when you didn’t finish your GT Menu campaign, it has different set of cars with always available cars you need to aquire from specific menu. It goes in online mode after the end game credits.
Same with LCD.

If players haven't done so, would be worth it to collect different colour cars right now. Make it a new "game" within this game.

Would we be able to keep saved Custom Races?

https://www.gtplanet.net/genesis-reveals-vgt-gr3-gr4-20210814/ august 2021

https://www.gtplanet.net/genesis-gran-turismo-world-series-partner-20220525/ may 2022

it's concrete at hyundai (Genesis) !!
2538-GenesisG70GR426.jpg

https://www.motor1.com/news/721723/hyundai-ioniq-5-n-pikes-peak-car/

GT7 currently doesn't have a single suitable hill climb circuit.
However, Hyundai has announced plans to work with PD to include a hill climb race in GT7.
Perhaps Pikes Peak will be added as a new track in the coming months?
I really quite enjoyed the Goodwood hill climb trails in GT6. That was actually one of my favourite things about that game I ended up getting really good at it :lol:

If Pikes Peak, or even the Goodwood Hillclimb layout get added, I could see them having their own section(s) in the Mission Challenge mode, in a similar way to how the Goodwood time trials were on GT6. Just need enough appropriate cars to be added first I think like the Escudo, ID. R, WRX IoM TT etc.

Fun fact. Colorado Springs, the rally circuit already in the game, is the closest settlement to Pikes Peak itself. Not too sure if you can see the mountain from the track though.

IMG_4281.jpeg

If added, it could be a layout within the Colorado Springs location. That might explain why the current circuit is listed as:
Colorado Springs - Lake
If there's going to be:
Colorado Springs - Pikes Peak Hillclimb

We saw this with other circuits that eventually got new layouts:
  • Alsace - Village
  • Alsace - Test Course (Added in GT7)
  • Sardegna - Windmills
  • Sardegna - Road Track A/B/C (Added in GT Sport update)
If a circuit has a hyphen, that seems to indicate more than one layout being intended.
I could be mistaken, but I think Colorado Springs is the only remaining case of a track that has a hyphen, but only 1 layout.

Notably Fishermans Ranch, another rally circuit, doesn't have a hyphen, meaning that's most likely a complete circuit with no other intended layouts.

Last edited:
https://www.motor1.com/news/721723/hyundai-ioniq-5-n-pikes-peak-car/

GT7 currently doesn't have a single suitable hill climb circuit.
However, Hyundai has announced plans to work with PD to include a hill climb race in GT7.
Perhaps Pikes Peak will be added as a new track in the coming months?
Did you seriously just post an external link to a story we've had right at the top of our front page for 20 hours (or ~3hr before them) and with its own discussion thread in the forums?

And that's without mentioning the fact that there's no indication that the story is what you claim either.

If Pikes Peak, or even the Goodwood Hillclimb layout get added, I could see them having their own section(s) in the Mission Challenge mode, in a similar way to how the Goodwood time trials were on GT6. Just need enough appropriate cars to be added first I think like the Escudo, ID. R, WRX IoM TT etc.

Fun fact. Colorado Springs, the rally circuit already in the game, is the closest settlement to Pikes Peak itself. Not too sure if you can see the mountain from the track though.

View attachment 1360818

If added, it could be a layout within the Colorado Springs location. That might explain why the current circuit is listed as:
Colorado Springs - Lake
If there's going to be:
Colorado Springs - Pikes Peak Hillclimb

We saw this with other circuits that eventually got new layouts:
  • Alsace - Village
  • Alsace - Test Course (Added in GT7)
  • Sardegna - Windmills
  • Sardegna - Road Track A/B/C (Added in GT Sport update)
If a circuit has a hyphen, that seems to indicate more than one layout being intended.
I could be mistaken, but I think Colorado Springs is the only remaining case of a track that has a hyphen, but only 1 layout.

Notably Fishermans Ranch, another rally circuit, doesn't have a hyphen, meaning that's most likely a complete circuit with no other intended layouts.
there would be different avenues for:

• high speed ring
  • deep forest
  • trial mountain
  • fichermans ranch !!??

Last edited:
there would be different avenues for:

• high speed ring
  • deep forest
  • trial mountain
  • fichermans ranch !!??
No, none of those circuits share the naming format with the hyphen "-" between the track name, and the layout name.

Deep Forest isn't called
* Deep Forest - Raceway
for example. It's just simply
* Deep Forest Raceway

Last edited:
No, none of those circuits share the naming format with the hyphen "-" between the track name, and the layout name.

Deep Forest isn't called
* Deep Forest - Raceway
for example. It's just simply
* Deep Forest Raceway
ok ,

ah yes I understood the hyphen has nothing to do it is simply the sub name of the main place!!

Last edited:
It's interesting - I just marked the Aston Martin-themed Extra Menu as complete, and they sure enough mention that at least one of the DB11's engine options were designed by Mercedes-AMG. So what do I win from the six-star engine ticket? The engine from the Mercedes-AMG GT3 '20, of course. Too bad it's currently only compatible with one car, but maybe I'll buy a spare 190E Evo II to swap it into - at least, next time it's available.

Last edited:
I think UCD actually have offline mode already. It works when you didn’t finish your GT Menu campaign, it has different set of cars with always available cars you need to aquire from specific menu. It goes in online mode after the end game credits.
Same with LCD.
When you're still in "story mode", the first three cars in the used car dealer are the ones you need for your current menu. The rest of the lineup, however, is the same as everyone else's. Source: I haven't finished my menus yet, and I've got the same available cars as the current online list.

Maybe not new, but the Dacia Logan that is racing on nurburgring 24h right now have gran turismo decal. Maybe they can add this to the game? It's not a fast car but definitely have many fans View attachment 1360891
Gran Turismo is a N24 sponsor, this decal is on every car. Unfortunately, nothing to be hyped about. But it's true, a Logan would be a cool addition, not very s*xy, but fun to drive tuned

Gran Turismo is a N24 sponsor, this decal is on every car. Unfortunately, nothing to be hyped about. But it's true, a Logan would be a cool addition, not very s*xy, but fun to drive tuned
My only concern is that I feel like whenever a new automaker is added, I feel like it should ideally have as many cars as seems appropriate. What other Dacia models are that iconic beyond this N24 entry and the Sandero? Not to mention that the latter is only famous for the Top Gear memes, as far as I'm aware. If anything, I would hope that Skoda and Volvo get expanded a bit, plus other brands like Nismo, TVR, or even Bugatti. Whereas with a brand like Caterham, I'm perfectly fine having a variant of the Seven being its sole model in Gran Turismo, as that's more or less their main thing - though I suppose the SP/300.R could be a worthy companion. Similarly, the Radical lineup seems fine, seeing how the SR3 is their most popular model.

Last edited:
The commercial relationship that PD has with Super GT is very intriguing. PD-Sony has been a sponsor of the sports league for many years, the logo of its game "Gran Turismo" is always displayed on the banners of each Super GT event, but, apparently, this relationship does not translate into direct and quick benefits for the last two PD games, on the contrary PD relationship with Super Formula with its last four cars, always launched in a timely manner.

In the past, PD always presented old and new Super GT cars in a timely manner.

I really miss modern GT300s and GT500s. With the exception of the three classic JGTC cars, we only have the Subaru GT300 and the six cars from 2008 and 2016.

If anyone knows how to explain it, I'd like to know.
Yeah i miss GT300 too, to many interesting cars there! MR-S and Garaiya would've been a good addition!

Yeah i miss GT300 too, to many interesting cars there! MR-S and Garaiya would've been a good addition!
I think the most logical GT300's they could add would be the GR Supra (2021) and GR86 (2023).

Unless they're really going for the old-school Gr. 4 GT300's like the ASL Garaiya and RE Amemiya FD RX-7.

Summer game fest coming soon is there any chance for gran turismo News there i doubt it. But still excited to see some game studios there. I am hopefull for Alan wake 2 dlc i know this is not relevent to gt7.
Been dyin' for a second GT7 roadmap but I doubt It'll happen again. I think we got lucky when they released one early in the game's life.

What? When?
Do you have a link?
I think they're talking about this. Not  really a road map but the closest we've ever had, and that was only because PD ballsed up an update that left the game unplayable for two days.

Last edited:
Back