Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,752 comments
Not sure where to write this, but the GT3 NSX added yesterday (update 1.48) is amazing for lake maggiore!!! It is able to do the 1 pit strategy on medium tyres! This means that you can lap time as you do on meds with the tyre consumption of hards! I'm an average player, I can lap on 1.58-1.59 constant with med tyres and with only one pit stop I finally managed to win the race!!!

Last edited:
Not sure where to write this, but the GT3 NSX added yesterday (update 1.48) is amazing for lake maggiore!!! It is able to do the 1 pit strategy on medium tyres! This means that you can lap time as you do on meds with the tyre consumption of hards! I'm an average player, I can lap on 1.58-1.59 constant with med tyres and with only one pit stop I finally managed to win the race!!!
Never mind, I am dumb.

Last edited:
1717151261890.png

I don't like this gift at all.

The Epeson NSX Gr2 is better. Fuel savings on teh first stint is required, but it rips on RMs for sure
I assume they are referring to the Human Comedy 1hr race at Lake Maggiore, which is Gr3 only, so the Gr2 NSX cannot enter.

I took the 2000 NSX for a Sport spin yesterday and definitely noticed how good it is for tyre wear,

I assume they are referring to the Human Comedy 1hr race at Lake Maggiore, which is Gr3 only, so the Gr2 NSX cannot enter.

I took the 2000 NSX for a Sport spin yesterday and definitely noticed how good it is for tyre wear,
Ah yes, my bad. I was thinking Sardegna. Coffee hadn't kicked in yet.

Something I thought of years ago that could've been a cool way to do it, is to have 1 car model (or base), but then in the dealership be able to choose the spec of the car in the same way you choose a paint colour.
And of course cars found in the used dealership would have the spec randomized, rather than giving the player that ability, since it's a second-hand car.
Would increase variety while not leading to "duplicates", technically speaking
That would be extremely time-consuming to develop. For example, the GR Yaris is built on a whole different platform than regular variants of the Yaris.

Last edited:
Probably because if there's no Internet connection, you can only play in arcade mode.
The same thing applied to GT Sport too.

GT Sport's offline patch only removed access to one specific group of cars, which were those available through the Mileage Exchange. That doesn't apply to GT7, although I think the Used and Legends dealers - being server-side - may well vanish.

GT Sport's offline patch only removed access to one specific group of cars, which were those available through the Mileage Exchange. That doesn't apply to GT7, although I think the Used and Legends dealers - being server-side - may well vanish.
This makes me wonder, how long before we get an "Official Gt7 Offline Status Predictor thread"?

:lol:

I had a feeling that we were going to get new Hondas with the addition of the Motegi but we got them earlier! Let's hope for some more next month like the CRX and the new GT500 Civic View attachment 1360129
The commercial relationship that PD has with Super GT is very intriguing. PD-Sony has been a sponsor of the sports league for many years, the logo of its game "Gran Turismo" is always displayed on the banners of each Super GT event, but, apparently, this relationship does not translate into direct and quick benefits for the last two PD games, on the contrary PD relationship with Super Formula with its last four cars, always launched in a timely manner.

In the past, PD always presented old and new Super GT cars in a timely manner.

I really miss modern GT300s and GT500s. With the exception of the three classic JGTC cars, we only have the Subaru GT300 and the six cars from 2008 and 2016.

If anyone knows how to explain it, I'd like to know.

Last edited:
If anyone knows how to explain it, I'd like to know.
Short version: outside of certain official games of race series, each individual race car has to be licensed from the manufacturer and the race team and every logo on it has to be licensed through the brands they represent and the car has to be available for scanning too.

I feel that UCD and LCD might go back to randomized like it was in GT1 to GT5, considering the starting phase of the game required you to use the UCD (the UCD is also frozen at that point until you start a certain beginning menu book).

Short version: outside of certain official games of race series, each individual race car has to be licensed from the manufacturer and the race team and every logo on it has to be licensed through the brands they represent and the car has to be available for scanning too.
No wonder it takes so long.

No wonder it takes so long.
That's likely also why a decent amount of the modern race cars that have been added since GT7 launch - the R8 Evo, the 2018 GT-R GT3, the 2020 AMG - are added in launch liveries or variation liveries rather than an in-race livery.

Super GT actually seems like maybe the one that's PD's still best at, since we got the 2023 livery of Fraga's team on the RC F.

The car handles extremely well on mediums to the point where it's better IMO than the Gr.2 2008 NSX which is prone to spin out around mid tire wear.

Losing all liveries and decals will be my biggest disappointment when the servers are gone.
Same, I worked so hard on my liveries as well. I think it should of like with the Forza games which keep their servers up longer than 5 years like with Forza Motorsport 5 & 6. I think we may lose the styles (Body kits, roll cage, spoiler, lights, and other customization parts as well).

Last edited:
Gran Turismo 7 is a great game, but much like the other racing games, there's a strong imbalance between the number of cars and the number of circuits. Update 1.48 came again the other day, and yet again it adds 5 cars and 0 circuits, when there's such a drastic shortage of classic circuits, esp. the ones from past Gran Turismo games, esp. the ones in a city, like the Special Stage Routes, or London, Madrid and Rome from GT5, etc.
I was playing GT5 again the other day and, man, has that game aged well graphically, it's incredible.
I have the feeling Polyphony wouldn't have to do too much to port the GT5 & GT6 circuits over to GT7.
I think we need to ask them en masse on their Twitter (X) account to pull their fingers out of their a$$es and start giving us circuits... or, y'know, at least sell them as paid dlc...

If PD moves all the [GT7] used cars into one big offline ucd like GT5 it's OK by most players, except that it must have all cars available at all times, or at worst but acceptable option; a 30 day cycle by calendar day or a new shuffle of used cars every time the player restarts the game.

Gran Turismo 7 is a great game, but much like the other racing games, there's a strong imbalance between the number of cars and the number of circuits. Update 1.48 came again the other day, and yet again it adds 5 cars and 0 circuits, when there's such a drastic shortage of classic circuits, esp. the ones from past Gran Turismo games, esp. the ones in a city, like the Special Stage Routes, or London, Madrid and Rome from GT5, etc.
I was playing GT5 again the other day and, man, has that game aged well graphically, it's incredible.
I have the feeling Polyphony wouldn't have to do too much to port the GT5 & GT6 circuits over to GT7.
I think we need to ask them en masse on their Twitter (X) account to pull their fingers out of their a$$es and start giving us circuits... or, y'know, at least sell them as paid dlc...
In GT5, GT Auto can also be used offline. I don't think that will happen in GT7.

If PD moves all the [GT7] used cars into one big offline ucd like GT5 it's OK by most players, except that it must have all cars available at all times, or at worst but acceptable option; a 30 day cycle by calendar day or a new shuffle of used cars every time the player restarts the game.
They should do it like the old games. Every 5-10 races/missions you play, the used car dealership refreshes.

Back