Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,805 comments
Just because you can do an event in a car that makes it easy, doesn’t mean you have to.

You wouldn’t take a fully upgraded hyper car to the Sunday Cup, would you?
Sorry, this reminded me of those anti-piracy adverts that we used to get "you wouldn't steal a car would you?"

This is on PD for not building events properly, in an ideal world we'd have a professional difficulty mode where there are more restrictions of cars and classes, against harder AI or even GT Sophy.

The onus shouldn't be on the player to make their own fun with a video game...that's the job of the developer.

you know we will probably see 1-2 year gap of no content before they will give us GT8? I am pretty certain it will be for PS6. It will make more sense to give players new GT as a launch title of new generation than selling GT8 close to PS6...

PS6 is a long time from happening. The new "slim" PS5 just barely came recently.

Another cross gen game.....

Would be nice if we could get one current gen game. That actually takes advantage of ps5.
At least a year or 3 before ps6 ideally
They can do a next gen patch or something for launch.
The above posts were pulled from this thread:

I would like respond to them here instead:
I may be in the minority here, but I am fully satisfied with the state of PS5, 4K GT7
I don't look for any high graphical quality.
In my eyes, this is already the very best and can stay that way for a few more years...
I really don't look for anything above and beyond what we already have here.

Trying to push the limit so fast, I think is almost detrimental...
We are all rushing towards the destination, but we don't get to fully enjoy the journey....

I personally think we all need to slow it down a bit.
What is the rush...??

There are still so much more to be accomplished.

I grew up with Gran Turismo, and at every stage of my life I have other priorities in life too, but I also want to enjoy GT on the side, but I have never been able to fully complete any of the games, and I have to jump to the next iteration and grind grid. Grind all over again.

I know we all have to chase money 🤑💰🤑💰💰🤑

But do we ? Is there a better way out there worthy of exploring?

Let's stop this rat race...

I know it is not up to me, but if it was this would be my suggestion:

PS6 doesn't get released until 2028 at the earliest
GT8 comes at 2029

We get to enjoy GT7 until at least through 2027.
I am ok with it as long as there are new events and track and cars coming regularly.

That should also give time for others to still jump from PS3 / PS4 gen onto the PS5 Slim for the next 3 years, and possibly convert younger Gen from Nintendo to Sony, or disillusioned Xbox owners to join ;)

GT8 can be a cross gen too, I would be perfectly fine with that, like I said above, I really don't see the advantage of jumping to the future gen consoles at this point... Fully satisfied with the PS5.

Finally getting a station wagon, and I grew up in a Volvo wagon so this is cool. Also rounding out the JGTC big three. I would have preferred the '99, but I'll take this with open arms. Been missing the NSX. Can't wait to make the Raybrig livery and struggle with that masking job again with the curved silver stripes.

Have to admit, though. That Supra feels a little outdated next to the '99 GTR and '00 NSX.

So I'm unsure if I mentioned this previously, but I had this neat approach to trying various cars in events while tuning them as little as possible. Y'see, more recently, when buying a car, I'll just get a ballast, power limiter, and similar sets of tires, and not even a full-customize computer. No widebody in GT Auto, either - if anything, a removal of the front license plate. This not only saves credits otherwise used for tuning, but also lets you drive a car closer to its stock condition, even if it means potentially changing the power/weight to comply with various regulations.

Let's take the Race of Turbo Sports Cars for example. The regulations state that your car can have no more than 700 PP, plus it needs to be turbocharged. You could get the Bugatti Chiron and slightly adjust its power/weight, since it's got 705 PP as-stock on Sports Hards, or for about a tenth of the price, you could get a Ferrari F8 Tributo, which comes on Sports Mediums and thus has 693 PP. What I'd do is get the F8, then buy some Sport Softs, which upon installing should get it above 700 PP. Then I'll likely tinker with the ballast and power limiter until it's even closer to 700 PP.

At any rate, I encourage you to list a regulation that's somewhere within either World Circuits or the Missions, and then I'll see what I can recommend. Even if the PP for an event is only a suggestion, I still think it's fun to try getting the settings just below it.
I'm a sucker for racing stock vehicles!

My personal "wonky" routine is to enter the cars into events they are eligible for, with the intention of eventually trying every car, and then I leave a note of which event and where I placed on a renamed settings sheet.

My planned next step is to either enter winning cars into each event of each series in the game to see if they are victorious at other tracks, or apply a bit of tuning in the case that i couldn't make a car into a stock winner

Sorry, this reminded me of those anti-piracy adverts that we used to get "you wouldn't steal a car would you?"

This is on PD for not building events properly, in an ideal world we'd have a professional difficulty mode where there are more restrictions of cars and classes, against harder AI or even GT Sophy.

The onus shouldn't be on the player to make their own fun with a video game...that's the job of the developer.
I know things could be better but in the game’s defence you’re on about taking a prototype le mans car to a GT3 car event and complaining that it’s too easy, and because of that you don’t want to use the new car in an event it’s meant for, because it’d be harder than a car that’s totally OP? And also you want the game’s overall difficulty to be raised? Unless I’m misunderstanding?

Last edited:
I'm a sucker for racing stock vehicles!

My personal "wonky" routine is to enter the cars into events they are eligible for, with the intention of eventually trying every car, and then I leave a note of which event and where I placed on a renamed settings sheet.

My planned next step is to either enter winning cars into each event of each series in the game to see if they are victorious at other tracks, or apply a bit of tuning in the case that i couldn't make a car into a stock winner
Fully agree with you.

That's what I have been wanting to do since the beginning, but with each iteration of the game I had to defer that to next one...
I sadly still not able to do that with GT7 because I am still grinding and collecting cars...

Gotta catch them all, on limited time as a Dad...

Maybe this game should be relabeled as for
7 to 17 and 67 to 77

Anyone between 17 and 67 with a life is too busy to play this.

I know things could be better but in the game’s defence you’re on about taking a prototype le mans car to a group 3 car event and complaining that it’s too easy, and because of that you don’t want to use the new car in an event it’s meant for, because it’d be harder? And also you want the game’s overall difficulty to be raised? Unless I’m misunderstanding?
I think a few wires are crossed here.

The grouping system is all messed up, but I wish that PD would say, okay this 800pp event where all the competitors will be in Group 2 machines - why not make this a Group 2 event only.

Oh we have a new Group 2 car in our latest update, what if we gave the player a use case for this. It just seems half arsed when they don't think about it fully.

Don't want us to use Group C cars in this event, then give us more events with just Group C cars - on top of open class events like these 800p events. There are so many cars which are desperately under-utilised in this game. There's so much potential to make this game amazing, it just seems like they are choosing not to - whether its down to desire or resources, that's for PD to say.

As for the increased difficulty, yeah I'm looking for a greater challenge, but from decent AI - not just chase the rabbit format races. GT Sophy shows promise of what that can be, I just wish it was expanded upon (for those who want that challenge) hence the professional difficulty.

I may be in the minority here, but I am fully satisfied with the state of PS5, 4K GT7
In my eyes, this is already the very best and can stay that way for a few more years...

We are all rushing towards the destination, but we don't get to fully enjoy the journey....

What is the rush...??

I grew up with Gran Turismo, and at every stage of my life I have other priorities in life too, but I also want to enjoy GT on the side, but I have never been able to fully complete any of the games, and I have to jump to the next iteration and grind grid. Grind all over again.

GT8 comes at 2029

I am ok with it as long as there are new events and track and cars coming regularly.

That should also give time for others to still jump from PS3 / PS4 gen onto the PS5 Slim for the next 3 years, and possibly convert younger Gen from Nintendo to Sony, or disillusioned Xbox owners to join ;)

GT8 can be a cross gen too, I would be perfectly fine with that, like I said above, I really don't see the advantage of jumping to the future gen consoles at this point... Fully satisfied with the PS5.

We currently dont know what pd current plans are. But i dont see gt8 release that late that would be over 7 years after gt7. I think mid or late 2027 is more likely. But who knows they might give gt7 a longer life. But if its going to take longer thsn that pd should do a kind of an paid expansion with much more content thsn the regular updates bring that could extend the game for many years ahead.

We currently dont know what pd current plans are. But i dont see gt8 release that late that would be over 7 years after gt7. I think mid or late 2027 is more likely. But who knows they might give gt7 a longer life. But if its going to take longer thsn that pd should do a kind of an paid expansion with much more content thsn the regular updates bring that could extend the game for many years ahead.
I would totally pay yo unlock all the legacy tracks (all tracks and circuits (original , fictive and real) that ever appeared in past and previous GT games.... Can you imagine ??

Seattle, Apricot, midway, grinderwalt, Swiss, Seattle, Pikes Peak, Tahiti, etc
The most reliable measure of when GT8 will release is to look at the anniversary milestones.

GT6 released to celebrate 15 years.
GT7 released to celebrate 25 years.
GT8 around the 30 years mark?

Going by that pattern we can already rule out 2025 and 2026.
By your logic, it should be 35 years anniversary. 😅
2032 ?

Sorry for the double post.
Typing from a phone, there is no easy way to merge the two post together AFTER THE FACT.
You should look into it.

EDIT: Thanks for the merge, after the fact ;)

Last edited:
I think a few wires are crossed here.

The grouping system is all messed up, but I wish that PD would say, okay this 800pp event where all the competitors will be in Group 2 machines - why not make this a Group 2 event only.

Oh we have a new Group 2 car in our latest update, what if we gave the player a use case for this. It just seems half arsed when they don't think about it fully.

Don't want us to use Group C cars in this event, then give us more events with just Group C cars - on top of open class events like these 800p events. There are so many cars which are desperately under-utilised in this game. There's so much potential to make this game amazing, it just seems like they are choosing not to - whether its down to desire or resources, that's for PD to say.

As for the increased difficulty, yeah I'm looking for a greater challenge, but from decent AI - not just chase the rabbit format races. GT Sophy shows promise of what that can be, I just wish it was expanded upon (for those who want that challenge) hence the professional difficulty.
Well yeah I mean, the WTC800 events generally are for GT3 race cars. I guess why they don’t make them “Gr.3 class” only races is so players can make their own “GT3” race cars via tuning and livery editing road cars. There are some Gr.3 only chili races though.

Of course there should be some Group C car events, I totally agree. There should be more Group C cars to boot! There should be more of everything really:lol:

Last edited:
No. GT Sport released in between GT6 and GT7, and I can see why they wouldn’t want to celebrate the 20th anniversary with an experimental title like GT Sport.
I think we should get a GT7.5 with all the things that are still missing in GT7. I would pay money for a second iteration of GT7, so long that my effort are ported over.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot (2622).png
    Screenshot (2622).png
    73.5 KB · Views: 3
  • egJBkFO.png
    egJBkFO.png
    102.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot (2623).png
    Screenshot (2623).png
    112.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot (2624).png
    Screenshot (2624).png
    104.7 KB · Views: 4
Come to think of it, does Polyphony ever use the blue and red GT logo anymore?
If I'm not mistaken, GT7 certainly does.

Edit: Correction, PD does not appear to use that version in any recent branding so it looks like another oversight

Last edited:
I think PD will throw all that in GT8.
Based on the info from the Game and Network Service Livestream
And reading between the lines of the corporate mambo Jambo

To me it makes the most sense that PD either:

1) Releases a GT7 Spec III (2025)
With a partial satisfaction of our wishlist
Or
2) Sells a GT7 Part 2 / final Sequel / Epilogue (late 2026)
As the last GT game on PS5 (no cross gen) with all our wishlist answered. But then more free updates, except for online community competition support.
This way they can continue to "buy time" to work on the next GT8 with all the new breakthrough technology and techniques for the new PS6 in +2030
Or
3) unlikely, but PD to release GT8 making all of our dreams come true in 2027 with PS6.

What do you think ?

Interesting seeing PD in the multi genre bucket on the second slide, Omega boost coming back to life???
To be fair, its under "Evolving/Multi-Genre" so I don't think suddenly it means Omega Boost is happening.

If I'm not mistaken, GT7 certainly does.

Edit: Correction, PD does not appear to use that version in any recent branding so it looks like another oversight
GT6 was when they phased out the colored GT logo - you only see them on track billboards and driver gear.

What is the rush...??

GT8 comes at 2029

I am actually with you in this. I think GT7 is great, and good enough to enjoy it for several more years.
I don't believe that GT8 is close to release because there is no point to it right now. GT7 is selling very well and has a lot to add before next one will be released.

People believe that next gen only GT would be more groundbreaking or something, but actually it won't be. First of all there is no more "huge generations gaps" between consoles. PS5 works like PS4 Pro 2.0 and PS6 will have even less differences. It is just how progress works. PS5 only GT won't be much more advanced than crossgen one. Just look for the other sim titles on market, the most advanced sim racing games on PC have been released many years ago, and have very low system requirements. Both iRacing, or Rfactor 2 could be easily released on PS4 if those studios wanted to... And for now you don't have really anything better in terms of physics. Assetto Corsa Competizione isn't that of a different than standard Assetto Corsa. And when you look for Rennsport (a game that could be called truly next gen due tu Unreal Engine 5) it also doesn't have any "revolutionary" features aside of prettier graphics.

GT7 looks great, it is called as most beautifull game on market by many (you can disagree but it is definately one of the top looking sims here) so this point already doesn't need improvement. But progress is more than graphics right? AI like sophy is already being added to GT7 as a PS5 exclusive many other things could be to. Physics won't be upgraded because GT7 is fine as it is as an nice realistic but also accesible racer for wider audience. Bigger sized grids? PS4 in GT Sport had 24 cars, but PD did change them to 20 for network reasons not performance.
There is literally nothing PD can improve in GT8 to justify new release. Remember Forza on last gen? When FM5, FM6 and FM7 felt nearly the same? They could really just update Forza 6 instead of releasing Forza 7... This would be the case with GT8 releasing on PS5. I think it would be better to release GT8 for PS6 to utilize new hardware and if it could run on PS5... why not?

So keep enjoing GT7 it looks like they are planning to support it for a long time from now. There is no sign that GT8 is close, because GT7 support is remaining stable from it's release.

Based on the info from the Game and Network Service Livestream
And reading between the lines of the corporate mambo Jambo

To me it makes the most sense that PD either:

1) Releases a GT7 Spec III (2025)
With a partial satisfaction of our wishlist
Or
2) Sells a GT7 Part 2 / final Sequel / Epilogue (late 2026)
As the last GT game on PS5 (no cross gen) with all our wishlist answered. But then more free updates, except for online community competition support.
This way they can continue to "buy time" to work on the next GT8 with all the new breakthrough technology and techniques for the new PS6 in +2030
Or
3) unlikely, but PD to release GT8 making all of our dreams come true in 2027 with PS6.

What do you think ?
I personally think something like a GT7 Spec III patch will happen late this year, because of the rumoured but highly likely PS5 Pro and PC port. A very small amount of wishlist stuff though.

And then GT8 launches in 2027 for PS5/PS6.

Last edited:
Interesting seeing PD in the multi genre bucket on the second slide, Omega boost coming back to life???
Nah. That's just the bucket of "these studios do or will do live service stuff but we don't want to label them as that". Sony have consistently pretended Gran Turismo (and LittleBigPlanet/Dreams) aren't live service even though they are by basically any other metric, and Guerrilla are rumoured to be doing some kind of Horizon Online thing in addition to the single-player games in that franchise.

Only way GT8 to be on PC or any GT in that matter it would be if it turned more into live service with more paid content

GT7 i doubt that will go to PC since the servers aren't that good and PC would make things worse not to mention cheating

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back