Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,923 comments
I have some Kind of Bug. I haven't gotten a single price from the Weekly Challenge. Eventhough I did all 5 races.

Does Anybody else experienced this?
Or ist there a way To fix IT?

I have some Kind of Bug. I haven't gotten a single price from the Weekly Challenge. Eventhough I did all 5 races.

Does Anybody else experienced this?
It happens on occasion, to some players, for no discernable reason.

You can cause it to happen 100% of the time by turning the clock back on your console, but some affected players haven't done that so this isn't the only cause. Various other explanations have been tried, but none of them thus far are linked to it and PD doesn't know why either.

Or ist there a way To fix IT?
Nope.

Hey TheAdmiester, do you know besides new world circuit events and photo scapes if they are bringing any new set of Missions? Any specific interesting thing or should we simply give up expecting they will add anything different to the game besides cars and those dull events?

Hey TheAdmiester, do you know besides new world circuit events and photo scapes if they are bringing any new set of Missions? Any specific interesting thing or should we simply give up expecting they will add anything different to the game besides cars and those dull events?
I'm predicting a new set of endurance missions in the next big update

To answer for Ad (only because he's done so many times already), he's not leaking anything. He doesn't want that kind of attention. We shouldn't expect leaks anymore. We get occasional answers for silhouettes and sometimes hints that an update might be a good one.

I personally wouldn't expect any new sets of missions, ever. There may have never been any intention to add any, until a set was added as part of an early apology for the state of the game. If Spec II didn't add any, and we've even had more music rally challenges and licenses added since release without a sign of missions getting any care, it's not likely they intend to touch the feature ever again. Nearly everything else has seen some kind of addition or change, missions have been entirely untouched outside of timing adjustments and the apology set.

This far into the game, we should only expect the usual update patterns to continue. New cars, new events, new scapes, new engine swaps. Repeat in 4-6 weeks. Spec II was the time to expand on things and what we got were temporary events that would have been great permanent events. Except for the Tesla ones. Those can be deleted forever.

It’s quite irritating that you can’t turn off the gear change suggestion. Not only is it nearly always wrong, it’s also occasionally quite misleading when it pops up - I sometimes instinctively react to it by braking, but it’s actually indicating a sharper corner further along, not the slight bend I’m just approaching. Not as much of an issue on tracks that I know well, but on long and twisty tracks - the nordschleife being the main one for this - it gets me muddled up with whereabouts I am sometimes. Why wouldn’t it be toggle-able on/off like everything else?

Say as you will but to be honest I would prefer lesser fidelity tracks than having no new tarmac tracks for 18 months. I think in gameplay terms, that's pretty unacceptable.
This assumes production capacity is the limiting factor. Fidelity wise I'd also hope things can be stepped up with PS5/Pro only assets and effects.

At this point it seems likely PD had their DLC plans laid out some 2-3 years ago: 3-5 cars per months (mostly returning classics) and a couple of tracks per year. I still expect one track Spring/Summer and one at the end of the year. Car wise I suspect we'll get more from the datamined list plus the occasional all-new model. We've had a few surprise road cars like the 911 RSR, Valkyrie, MC20 - maybe PD will respond to feedback and add a few new race cars to these 'open slot' spots.

Last edited:
It's closer to 500M. Which engines are worth 10M ?

Even if we can sell them one day, you'll be lucky to get more than 4M on a 10M engine.
Their total value is over 10 million. It's not an engine. I'm sorry if there are any translation errors. I am sorry.

I had a thought whilst running a time trial on the Nordschleife last night, in relation to Sophy.

With the AI ability, wouldn't it be cool to use it to make a track day mode, where cars would just be lapping, as opposed to racing. With the power of Sophy, you'd get cars with varied ability/power and add the interaction and emergent gameplay. I think it would add a lot, especially if you could populate the track with cars from your own garage.

VXR
I had a thought whilst running a time trial on the Nordschleife last night, in relation to Sophy.

With the AI ability, wouldn't it be cool to use it to make a track day mode, where cars would just be lapping, as opposed to racing. With the power of Sophy, you'd get cars with varied ability/power and add the interaction and emergent gameplay. I think it would add a lot, especially if you could populate the track with cars from your own garage.
Not related to Sophy, but I feel like the custom events already do this. You can put your garage cars on the track, but it hardly feels like racing against them. On the Nordschleife they even use their indicator lights to let you pass.

Last edited:
Not related to Sophy, but I feel like the custom events already do this. You can put your garage cars on the track, but it hardly feels like racing against them. On the Nordschleife they even use their indicator lights to let you pass.

Oh really? I shall set it up and have a go. Cheers.

Their total value is over 10 million. It's not an engine. I'm sorry if there are any translation errors. I am sorry.
Oh I get it now, yes the phrasing was open to interpretation.

As I have more than 35 engines (maybe more, long time not counted) and some are worth 3.5M, 10M value was feeling a bit low for the total value of engines, so I assumed you were talking about some engines worth 10M a piece, which I am not aware of (but there may be).

That's a great idea.

Knowing this is PD... extra menu book, take it or leave it.
1716988078216.png

It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Back