Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,923 comments
Not a fan of the sunroof on the 245, but other than that it looks gorgeous. It’s almost weird how good it looks, lol. The car is such a big part of my childhood and to now see it in GT7 modelled to perfection is a bit surreal.

Alright, this is my speculation of what new events we're getting.

2000 Castrol Mugen NSX - New WTC800 or GT Cup Gr.3 in Japan, probably KDP because it has neither.
1987 Nissan Skyline GTS-R - New Nissan GT-R Cup or Japanese FR Challenge 550 event. Would the R31 GTS-R fit in the GT-R Cup?
1993 Honda Civic SiR-II - Japanese FF Challenge 450.
2013 Volvo V40 T5 - European Sunday Cup 500.
1993 Volvo 240 SE Wagon - European Sunday Cup 400.

New cafe book is all the classic JGTC cars, prize is some crappy 6-star ticket.
I think I was close.

European Sunday Cup 400
Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa

Japanese FF Challenge 450
Autopolis International Racing Course - Short Course

Japanese FR Challenge 450
Autodrome Lago Maggiore - West

World Touring Car 800
Circuit de Sainte-Croix - A

I thought we'd get 5 events. Also why introduce a new classic JGTC car and not put the WTC 800 race in Kyoto Driving Park?

1716989312536.png

@Famine did you disagree with someone on something about the update? I found this under the official PD channel 😂

I think I was close.

European Sunday Cup 400
Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa

Japanese FF Challenge 450
Autopolis International Racing Course - Short Course

Japanese FR Challenge 450
Autodrome Lago Maggiore - West

World Touring Car 800
Circuit de Sainte-Croix - A

I thought we'd get 5 events. Also why introduce a new classic JGTC car and not put the WTC 800 race in Kyoto Driving Park?
They merged the events for the two Volvos into one event.

Only interested in the NSX personally, but very happy for all the Volvo fans out there.

Why are we getting 5 cars btw? For no particular reason?

Maybe a sign we're skipping June?

Anyway. It's a holiday where I live tomorrow, so for the first time in a long while I'll be able to play the update as it drops.

Yay.

One of these months I'm not going to be bitterly disappointed with these updates...but it's not this month.

What is the point of all these cars if you're not going to give us a reason to use them. Four events simply isn't good enough. Especially as you won't incentivise players to use them.

Take the new 800pp event around St Croix, it'll be the same event type as we usually get where a Group C car will be much faster, have better fuel and tyre mileage, so there's no point in using the new car...aside from buying it in the first place to complete the Extra Menu Book - which I'm sure everybody loves more than racing the cars in the game...

It's so frustrating to see this month in, month out.

It can only speak to that fact that they are not interested one iota about feedback or any type of critique. PD are just going to do PD things and we have to accept it, because we're fans of the game (or at least what the game used to be)

Rant over, I'll see you next update for the same copy/paste rant, because I want to love this game - they just keep making it so hard to do...

Only interested in the NSX personally, but very happy for all the Volvo fans out there.

Why are we getting 5 cars btw? For no particular reason?

Maybe a sign we're skipping June?

Anyway. It's a holiday where I live tomorrow, so for the first time in a long while I'll be able to play the update as it drops.

Yay.
Probably they had the full modeled volvos sitting there due the known licensing issues with Geely group and they release the cars as soon as an agreement was reached

Can't wait to see the headlight wipers on the estate function in the rain. Love the little quirks and high details!

I am hoping someone can take a video (and/or timelapse) of VR and looking out of the sunroof. Would be a wild experience in VR to see weather and time change through that.

Nice to see Volvo being added to GT once more, and that Castrol NSX is just... super sweet. Not fussed about a new track, PD might still be cooking something. But, uh, will the new events have decent payouts?

One of these months I'm not going to be bitterly disappointed with these updates...but it's not this month.

What is the point of all these cars if you're not going to give us a reason to use them. Four events simply isn't good enough. Especially as you won't incentivise players to use them.

Take the new 800pp event around St Croix, it'll be the same event type as we usually get where a Group C car will be much faster, have better fuel and tyre mileage, so there's no point in using the new car...aside from buying it in the first place to complete the Extra Menu Book - which I'm sure everybody loves more than racing the cars in the game...

It can only speak to that fact that they are not interested one iota about feedback or any type of critique. PD are just going to do PD things and we have to accept it, because we're fans of the game (or at least what the game used to be)

Rant over, I'll see you next update for the same copy/paste rant, because I want to love this game - they just keep making it so hard to do...
It's a bit annoying to see things like this, PD directly acknowledging that they now have a great set of classic JGTC cars:
1716992099301.jpeg

...and giving us an extra menu rather than any actual events or championship content for them.

But I've personally accepted that we likely won't have any interesting event content any time soon, and that we should simply make our own fun with the custom event tool - just being happy for the great cars we get and not thinking too much about the rest.

But, uh, will the new events have decent payouts?
Likely not, based on existing events:

European Sunday Cup 400 - 7000 CR
Japanese FF Challenge 450 - 7000 CR
Japanese FR Challenge 450 - 10000 CR (x3), 23000 CR (x1)
World Touring Car 800 - 13 events paying 140,000 to 200,000 CR, 485,000 CR (x1), 1,000,000 CR (x1)

World Touring Car 800 - 13 events paying 140,000 to 200,000 CR, 485,000 CR (x1), 1,000,000 CR (x1)
Whelp, sucks :/

not really, recent event updates have decent payouts.

not really, recent event updates have decent payouts.
Which @Fezzik accounted for. The one post-launch Japanese FR Challenge race does pay 23,000 Cr. for the win, and while the first 3 post-1.13 WTC 800 races each pay 200,000 Cr. for the win, the last 3 each pay out only 160,000 Cr. for the win (lower than 3 of the 7 launch-day races). The European Sunday Cup 400 and Japanese FF Challenge events haven't had any post-launch races added.

So I'm unsure if I mentioned this previously, but I had this neat approach to trying various cars in events while tuning them as little as possible. Y'see, more recently, when buying a car, I'll just get a ballast, power limiter, and similar sets of tires, and not even a full-customize computer. No widebody in GT Auto, either - if anything, a removal of the front license plate. This not only saves credits otherwise used for tuning, but also lets you drive a car closer to its stock condition, even if it means potentially changing the power/weight to comply with various regulations.

Let's take the Race of Turbo Sports Cars for example. The regulations state that your car can have no more than 700 PP, plus it needs to be turbocharged. You could get the Bugatti Chiron and slightly adjust its power/weight, since it's got 705 PP as-stock on Sports Hards, or for about a tenth of the price, you could get a Ferrari F8 Tributo, which comes on Sports Mediums and thus has 693 PP. What I'd do is get the F8, then buy some Sport Softs, which upon installing should get it above 700 PP. Then I'll likely tinker with the ballast and power limiter until it's even closer to 700 PP.

At any rate, I encourage you to list a regulation that's somewhere within either World Circuits or the Missions, and then I'll see what I can recommend. Even if the PP for an event is only a suggestion, I still think it's fun to try getting the settings just below it.

Last edited:
View attachment 1359727
@Famine did you disagree with someone on something about the update? I found this under the official PD channel 😂
There's a certain type of person who thinks everyone who disagrees with them is a fascist.

I haven't been called racist since the guy who posted 26 car predictions didn't like me pointing that out. Cos that's suuuuper racist.

Just because you can do an event in a car that makes it easy, doesn’t mean you have to.

You wouldn’t take a fully upgraded hyper car to the Sunday Cup, would you?

it's been always the case with this game.

Last edited:
Back